Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > Brag Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2006, 10:34 PM   #1
LoneDancer
FFR Player

Default Someone else nobody knows posts his scores...

I saw Ponygonpwns make a thread to show some of his scores. I read through, came across a couple links (this one in particular) and decided to get some screens to post on here for feedback.

Got into FFR seriously the past three weeks or so and downloaded Stepmania a few days ago and have been playing with it. I switched to four finger spread about a week ago (from one-hand three-finger, with occasional indexes).

I downloaded the first pack in the link I put on here and played every song one time, straight through in one sitting. Here are my As (and one AA!). I got a LOT of Bs, a couple Cs and some of them I just couldn't pass.

If I couldn't pass it, it was usually because my fingers are quite used to some of the patterns when I play spread (though one-handed I probably would have been able to pass. My PA/MA sucks worse one hand than these do, though).

Jumps killed me, too, though I improved several times over on them just in the course of these songs. Ok, sorry for the long message, time for some screens:

NO excuse for that boo and those misses. Well, what I mean is they shouldn't have happened. My brother decided to walk into the bedroom and make a lot of noise for no reason. Only wanted to play each song once, though, so I just moved on.

Sucks...yeah. I had a brain fart towards the end and that's where at least half the misses came from *sigh*

<3 FF8

Title made me want to laugh lol

I'm happy with a AA

<3 FF6

It's a B, but for some reason I felt like I did a decent job anyways? I'm not sure why else I'd take a screen...

PS - Does anyone know why one of these screens saved as a BMP file, while the others all came out JPG? Doesn't seem to make any sense...

So what do you think? Should I be playing/showing you different songs?
Old 11-15-2006, 11:04 PM   #2
Anime-tion
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Someone else nobody knows posts his scores...

Well, sorry to say that.. I don't really know if you did a good job or not on the songs, beings that I have never played them before... probably don't plan to either >_<
but, there is one thing I can say... thank you soooo much for that link. Ever since StepManiaOnline took down the Simfiles thread (well, all the social threads really...) I couldn't find any of these packs! Thank you very much for that.

Now... go get better at Stepmania and be one of the cool people
Anime-tion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:13 PM   #3
LoneDancer
FFR Player

lol, I figured I should be showing different songs. Which should I try playing that people will be able to give me some feedback on?
Old 11-15-2006, 11:21 PM   #4
Anime-tion
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Any of the keyboard packs, man. Keys Of Flames, Keyboard Collaboration 1, 2 & 3, Keyboard Megapack 1 & 2, Fresh Flock of fantastic Files and Fabulously Fresh Flock Of Fantastic Files, etc etc. People will start maybe rating your scores then. Most people will tell you to work on MA though, so you might as well do that. but anything that is Keyboard worthy will most likely be rated.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:34 PM   #5
LoneDancer
FFR Player

Thanks, grabbing Collaberation I and Fabulously Fantastic now. Might try one or two tonight before going to sleep.

Edit:

Ok, so I played a bunch in these two packs. They were a lot of fun...I found some familiar ones and some that just sounded like they had good music. I failed 3 of them (I'm not counting one because I was doing great until a pop-up minimized SM). I'm posting the rest in order from Cs to As. I'm posting the Cs so you all can see what point I start to cap out at. Certain stream patterns are still difficult for my fingers to keep up with, but I'm definitely improving, and my ability to read jumps has continued to skyrocket tonight

Anywho, critiques of any kind are welcome. Just make sure you spell noob in a respectable way :P

Exactly how poor is my MA/PA for someone just starting out on SM? Will steadily raising my Cmod over time help these a lot? Any cool songs anyone can recommend that are at about the skill level of these?

Ready, set, go!

Last edited by LoneDancer; 11-16-2006 at 01:27 AM.. Reason: Preventing double post
LoneDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 05:05 AM   #6
crimsonknight87
FFR Player

Judging from the same songs I've played, you seem to be about the same as me in skill level. Whether that's good or not is for the others to decide as I have been told I am "very bad" but what the hell, good job I say.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:09 AM   #7
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

You have a long way to go but keep practicing, you will get there, you are doing good to be playing songs slightly above your level (the C's), keep working at all those songs and they'll become B's and higher in a month or so.
TheRapingDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:28 AM   #8
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

yeah practice definitely wouldn't hurt. nice job though
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:39 AM   #9
Tunic
FFR Player

You'll most likely see a decent improvement rate if you continue to play fairly frequently, once you get adjusted to it all.....at least you're a new guy that's NOT bs, there's something to be said for that.

Good job
Tunic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 03:12 PM   #10
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

Slowly work your Cmod way up to C600 or C650. Go by C50 every week and stop adjusting it when you stop improving by the end of that week.

It helps with PA/MA a looooot unless your name is Macgravel.

And don't worry, we all started out getting Bs and Cs on 10 footers. The only difference between a newbie and a pro is practice.
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:16 AM   #11
LoneDancer
FFR Player

Some more scores. Improvement on one posted above, a couple more As, and my first full combo (though it really was a really easy song...)

I love Delirium on FFR, so I thought I'd give it a try here. Could have definitely kept my combo in a lot of places.

I've heard a lot about Quasar so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Here's the improvement I mentioned.

And the FC
Old 11-17-2006, 09:53 PM   #12
LJRoX
Banned

not bad. Try checking out some less than 20s and like 800ishs like this

LJRoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:46 PM   #13
LoneDancer
FFR Player

What do you mean? Not really interested in FFR much anymore. I've hit my limit at the moment and just can't read some songs, so I'm playing Stepmania for the time being.

Anyone have any suggestions for good/popular songs that are a bit more difficult than the ones I had in my last post in this thread?
Old 11-19-2006, 12:19 AM   #14
Anime-tion
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneDancer View Post
What do you mean? Not really interested in FFR much anymore. I've hit my limit at the moment and just can't read some songs, so I'm playing Stepmania for the time being.

Anyone have any suggestions for good/popular songs that are a bit more difficult than the ones I had in my last post in this thread?
Spedcore dandy.... lol
Seriously, try it, see if you can do it
Old 11-19-2006, 03:29 AM   #15
justaguy
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to justaguy

o.
justaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 05:08 AM   #16
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

Why're you AAing Boss Machine but only Aing Delirium? It's, what, 3 BPM faster?
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:47 PM   #17
LoneDancer
FFR Player

I don't know? Delirium score was my first try. I did Boss Machine a few times. And like I said, I could have definitely kept my combo in a lot of places.

Edit: lol, speedcore dandy

Last edited by LoneDancer; 11-19-2006 at 07:56 PM..
LoneDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:17 PM   #18
McLaReN212
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to McLaReN212 Send a message via MSN to McLaReN212

nice job man, just keep at it and you'll improve soon =)
McLaReN212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:28 PM   #19
LoneDancer
FFR Player

Ok, so I tried Speedcore Dandy and again I laugh lol. Here's .9x rate (I don't see the modifier for that showing up...does anyone know why?). I couldn't come close to passing it at all without .9x. Was slightly too fast for me in general, and way too fast for my fingers on 4242 and 8686 parts.

Also, I tried to AA Delirium a couple times just now, but the best I got was a slightly better machine score than the above posted score and only once. Oh well, maybe later.

Edit:

First try today:

Second try:

Couldn't stop blinking on them. oi. Got the AA, though.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:48 PM   #20
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

I think it's because Delirium has longer streams than Boss Machine. It all depends on what the steps look like. For example, I can't do 42824 or 68286 patterns if they're in the middle of a stream. (I think the R1 version of Gradeus has those patterns in bunches in the last big stream, but I can't read that part at all on C300...maybe I do need to shrink the screen.)
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote