No answer 5 1.51%
Just have to think it threw 0 0%
Voters: 331. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2006, 04:39 PM   #21
The_Q
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to The_Q Send a message via Yahoo to The_Q
Default Re: God or Devil

Making the assumption the whole "God" thing is real then...

Yes. His feelings for Lucifer are probably like those of a parent who sent their kid to the corner to think about what they've done.

Q
The_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:48 PM   #22
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924

One major fault in the Bible: (Quote from Jesus) "He who lives by the sword shall perish by the sword". *War brakes out in Heaven. Satan is cast out of Heaven along with all his followers. End of the world comes and Jesus returns for the war of Good and Evil. "The one with the white horse and the sword that is from the mouth comes." Huge war, Revelation.*

Jesus advised us not to fight or break out in wars, and yet the entire Bible is based around wars.
Lightknight924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:53 PM   #23
The_Q
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to The_Q Send a message via Yahoo to The_Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightknight
Jesus advised us not to fight or break out in wars, and yet the entire Bible is based around wars.
As are most generations of people.

Q
The_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 05:37 PM   #24
justfun
FFR Player

I think the Devil has nothing to do with the war between good and evil. The "huge war" is between the United States and Iraq.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:46 PM   #25
white_boy
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to white_boy Send a message via MSN to white_boy

yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by businessman07
white boy is my *****
Proud to be businessman07's *****.
white_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 05:47 PM   #26
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

Quote:
Originally Posted by justfun View Post
I think the Devil has nothing to do with the war between good and evil. The "huge war" is between the United States and Iraq.
^__^

ibl
Old 09-21-2006, 06:46 PM   #27
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924

Disagreed.
Lightknight924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 06:55 PM   #28
justfun
FFR Player

Didn't the Bible state that a man would appear with a red looking hat? Does that make any sense? Probably not I was just wondering.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:59 PM   #29
TD_WONDER
FFR Player

Talking Re: God or Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightknight924 View Post
I assume God will forgive the devil if the devil asks for forgiveness. Except the devil never will ask for forgiveness because he wants to overthrow God.

PS. I'm not voting on this because the poll isn't relavent to the discussion.
whoa lightknight, thats weird, i swear upon reading this, i was just about to post something about identical.... whoa.....

P.S. and i voted. lol. GOD!

TD_WONDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:55 PM   #30
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
That "war" is over.

We're currently in an occupation phase over there.

And regarding the topic at hand that Guido pointed out: I would say that God would forgive Lucifer, if not for one major problem. God created Lucifer to not repent, and in doing so, assured that Lucifer would never be forgiven.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:37 AM   #31
Laharl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Laharl Send a message via MSN to Laharl

Quote:
They say that God will love you more than anyone could ever know. He is the great almighty. If God will loves everyone and anyone even sinners, does he love the Devil. The Devil came from him, was actually an angel. But then kicked out of heaven. Does God still love him and hope that his sins can be fixed or does God hate him and never wants him back for forgiveness. I know the Devil won't come back for forgiveness, probably a 50% chance. God said once the world has ended there will be a pledge. All that is left will have to go threw all the horrible things. After the war is over between good and evil. All believers will be happy and be apart of one of the most top places, heaven. No one will know these questions, but what is your imput about it?

If you want to change your vote, please just vote twice for your new option.

And another thing, if you disagree on something or something someone has stated please feel free to to speak your mind. Just keep this thread as clean as possible. And have respect for what others have to say.

This is all serious no joking! I really want to know what people have to say.

Thanks
My religion believes Angels are the spirits of exhalted men. Rather, angel-kind is simply another state of man-kind. That said, we believe before Earth, that Lucifer was the brother of Jesus (as are you and I, and everyone else, as we are all brothers and sisters in the eyes of God). His fall was one of pride, thinking he could be above God, and that is why he was cast out.

I am sure that God laments the fact that there must be opposition, and one of His chosen ended up in that roll. I bet Lucifer was a pretty good fellow in the premortal existance, if for no other reason than evidenced by his name, which means "Son of the Morning". Being completely cast off from God's presence warps a soul, he being the ultimate example.

In Paradise Lost, Satan actually has second thoughts about tempting mankind. It's an extremely interesting passage. It brings up the question that if Satan could feel remorse for his sins and repent of them, could he return to salvation just as any of humanity can? I feel he could be forgiven, but that he could never feel remorse enough for what he did to meet the necissary obligations to MEET the requirements for forgiveness.

On to the topic of God: I believe God = Universal Law. It isn't so much that He said "This is the way I think things should be run, so that's what's gonna happen" as it is the fact that some laws are inherent and inescapable. Lemme give an example. It isn't that God said "Alcohol is bad, don't get drunk" as it is that alcohol will inebriate man's ability to think and will inevitably cause him harm. That is simply fact due to the nature of the substance. Whether or not there is a God does not change the universal law that alcohol is a toxin to the human body and is not healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightknight924
One major fault in the Bible: (Quote from Jesus) "He who lives by the sword shall perish by the sword". *War brakes out in Heaven. Satan is cast out of Heaven along with all his followers. End of the world comes and Jesus returns for the war of Good and Evil. "The one with the white horse and the sword that is from the mouth comes." Huge war, Revelation.*

What better way to highlight the reason war is bad than to show a war in all it's gritty detail?
Laharl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 07:27 PM   #32
Mystik3345
FFR Player

In the portion of the bible about the apocalypse(whatever that is called) it states that in the end all shall be forgiven and allowed into heaven, even the devil. This debate is retarded, as it is already solved within the bible >.>
Old 09-24-2006, 10:07 PM   #33
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
God created Lucifer to not repent, and in doing so, assured that Lucifer would never be forgiven.
Yes an all knowing God created a being that would never want to be forgiven and this creature takes away all things good from mankind and brings all suffering into the world.

You realize that would be like someone deiliberately creating a machine that would not only do the opposite of whatever he told him to do, but also killed and destroyed everything in its path, including your family, friends, and any other machines you have made.

Yet people probably think that but whatever. What makes sense is that God created angels and mankind with freewill. An ability to choose for themselves what actions they would take. God only showed what is right and wrong, you can DO anything you want.

Anyways, on the original question: I kind of agree with Q's thought. Obviously God cares about all his creations, but doesn't exempt them from punishment should they decide to act against him. (I mean parents disipline their kids right?) But it's gone to such an extreme between God and Satan that there is no repentence. Not that it couldn't be possible, but Satan has chosen his own route and won't turn back.

That's my two cents. I could debate all these other side points that always side track a religion thread (thus leading to it being locked) but doing so only gets people mad. (Even though I countered afro's post, it was related somewhat to the actual thread flow, and thus needed some clarification.)
Old 09-26-2006, 11:16 AM   #34
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightknight924 View Post

as i understand it, the war in heaven was about picking a side.