Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2006, 03:08 PM   #1
zildjian133
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to zildjian133 Send a message via MSN to zildjian133 Send a message via Yahoo to zildjian133
Default Psychokinesis and Psychoinspired Events

Psychokinesis = Mind-movement
Psychoinspired Events = Mind Controlled influence

I think if you're trying to expand your minds power you first have to find out how in tune you are with your mind by finding energy sources that if you focus on bring out non-coincidental events. For me I believe in Astrology; and in that respect I focus on the primary planets that rule me, I'm a Saggitarian with Gemini Rising on my ascendant. So I focus on the planets that rule those signs Jupiter for Saggitarius, and Mercury for Gemini. I've noticed if I concentrate on those planets giving me psychokinetic will power I can do things like make a traffic light change, and I thought it was a coincidense but I found out we have timed traffic lights and this one I experiment on is always set on 4 minutes exactly during the day, during traffic. I've had my friend time it and I've made it change within 2 minutes and 11 seconds at the quickest, but usually its like 3 minutes 20 seconds about. If I do not concentrate on changing the lights it's always 4 minutes though. I have other examples but I haven't been able to trial and error on them mainly because they're either too random of events or too rare. If anyone else has tried to use their mind for influence I'd like to know if you people believe in it or not, debate why only certain people can do it to full extremes of warping metal objects with just their mind and setting on fire a newspaper with his mind(I've seen this guy on T.V. he literally channels energy through into his hand and sets the newspaper on fire.) I rather not get astrology involved I think it works for me because it helps me generate energy from either a real source or my mind manifests the energy because I believe in it. Anyways I'd like to see if you're interested in this and decide to try it please post your results and how you manifested the energy.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:15 PM   #2
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter
Default Re: Psychokinesis and Psychoinspired Events

Zild, you already know how I feel on Astrology, so I'll let that go, but...

You can't "channel energy" with your mind. Your anecdote proves nothing. Is it any wonder to you why the other experiments are too random or rare?

People have been "warping metal with their mind" for ages, and they have no supernatural powers. Take Uri Geller for a good example. They're magicians, not psychics. And you believe it because you saw it on TV? So Criss Angel can really levitate, too?

If you actually can do these things, hell, if ANYONE can actually do these things, then there's one million dollars just WAITING for you to claim it.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 03:27 PM   #3
zildjian133
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to zildjian133 Send a message via MSN to zildjian133 Send a message via Yahoo to zildjian133

The point of this thread is whether you believe it's possible or not and if you do, try it out and see. I'm not trying to prove anything, I was giving an example of something that appears to me that I'm accomplishing something with just my mind. I know that guy can't actually levitate and the only reason I bring up something I saw on T.V. was to make people more interested because as I'm sure you know the human uses only 7%-9% of their brain and with everything else sitting their waiting to be tapped into if possible telekinesis doesn't sound too farfetched to me. Just try not to flame it. I said I didn't want Astrology to get involved so leave it out.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:35 PM   #4
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zildjian133
The point of this thread is whether you believe it's possible or not and if you do, try it out and see.
It's not, and people trying out and seeing won't accomplish anything.

Quote:
I'm not trying to prove anything, I was giving an example of something that appears to me that I'm accomplishing something with just my mind.
Fair enough. It's just that the rest of your post didn't lead me to believe that that was your goal.

Quote:
you know the human uses only 7%-9% of their brain
Actually, that's not supported in any way and those numbers were gotten only through misrepresenting other numbers.

Try this link: http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/10percnt.htm

I'll even quote from it: "One reason this myth has endured is that it has been adopted by psychics and other paranormal pushers to explain psychic powers. On more than one occasion I've heard psychics tell their audiences, "We only use ten percent of our minds. If scientists don't know what we do with the other ninety percent, it must be used for psychic powers!"

Quote:
and with everything else sitting their waiting to be tapped into if possible telekinesis doesn't sound too farfetched to me.
Let's pretend for a minute that we did have a bunch of latent brain power. You still think it isn't farfetched to break the physical laws of the universe due to just a little bit of excess matter?

Quote:
Just try not to flame it. I said I didn't want Astrology to get involved so leave it out.
Hey, now, I did leave it out. I could have written a ton about it, but I noted that you wanted it left out, so I didn't. All that was saved for our IM conversations.

But I won't abstain completely from flaming the idea of psychokinesis. The world is already too friendly with pseudoscience, and plenty of resources and intelligence go to complete waste on it, not to mention how it kills people far too often. Suggestions like this one that one can actually move things with his or her mind only perpetuate this problem, so I will fight my hardest and show that it's utter bull**** all I can until there isn't a problem anymore.

--Guido

Quote:
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.

Last edited by GuidoHunter; 07-18-2006 at 03:37 PM..
Old 07-18-2006, 04:18 PM   #5
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

about the only way we can move things with our minds is by sending a nerve impulse from the motor cortex down the spinal cord through motor neurons to a muscle, releasing acetylcholine at the synapse and triggering postsynaptic release of Na ions resulting in a depolarization of the postsynaptic cell resulting in an action potential which triggers the release of Ca ions in the muscle cell that trigger a conformational change in the myofibrils which cause the muscles to contract.
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:11 PM   #6
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Ok Talisman, I have no idea what you just said.

Edit: I am not dumb or anything, I just don't understand that.

Last edited by sjoecool1991; 07-18-2006 at 05:13 PM..
sjoecool1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:14 PM   #7
msbrunnettemickey
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to msbrunnettemickey Send a message via MSN to msbrunnettemickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoecool1991
Ok Talisman, I have no idea what you just said.

Edit: I am not dumb or anything, I just don't understand that.

It's biology.

בקצה השמיים, ובסוף המדבר, יש מקום רחוק מלא פרחי בר
מקום קטן, עלוב ומשוגע, מקום רחוק מקום לדאגה
יש אומרים שם שמשיקרה וחושבים אל כל מה שקרה
אלוהים שם יושב ורואה ושומר אל כל משברא
אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
ודואג ודואג נורא
msbrunnettemickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:30 PM   #8
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Aside from what guido said, I

Quote:
coincidense but I found out we have timed traffic lights
They are used sometimes but it is more convenient to use a detector. And even if there is a timer its time is determined by the detector and changes according to the traffic density - or essentially, they run a current through the ground and you have something read the current. Thus metal passing over it and the strength of the current tells you how much traffic is there and when it is most efficient to change the light. Yay for applications of electromagnetics.

That and I've never seen a traffic light require you to wait 4 minutes. What on earth?

Timers are often quite useless due to the imbalance of traffic between roads.

I don't believe in the supernatural. The brain is an interesting thing, but traditional "Psychokinesis" is impossible.

sjoecool1991, it's a fancy way of saying our brains control our bodies. yay

Last edited by Reach; 07-18-2006 at 05:40 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:42 PM   #9
zildjian133
FFR Player

Okay how about we cut it down to: Telekinesis: Possible or Impossible? It's known, which means its a fact, a person can easily use their hand to channel energy to make other objects hot, or an increase in energy in that object.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:07 PM   #10
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

As I said, I took biology and got an A in it and I still dont understand what he said.
But I only took General Biology.

It was too mashed together for me.

I dont believe in the supernatural either, though it would be awesome to actually have telekinesis (another word that means moving stuff with your mind.) Tele=Far Away, kinesis=moving, therefore Telekinesis=moving things from far away.

Last edited by sjoecool1991; 07-18-2006 at 08:10 PM..
Old 07-18-2006, 09:52 PM   #11
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zildjian133
Okay how about we cut it down to: Telekinesis: Possible or Impossible? It's known, which means its a fact, a person can easily use their hand to channel energy to make other objects hot, or an increase in energy in that object.
It's known? I call bull****, so prove it. I guarantee you can't come up with a single shred of proof of that statement. GUARANTEE.

--Guido

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-19-2006, 12:48 AM   #12
tukangkisah
Banned

Guido's right. Who can move objects like that, a la Star Wars Jedi style so easily? Even people who let's say, meditate a lot don't even get those kind of supernatural powers. You can try it and it won't work for you.
Nice try, though zildjian. Maybe someday humans will have those kind of powers. I hope so, anyways.
tukangkisah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:18 AM   #13
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

If telekinesis existed, there'd be proof of it. Does this really need to be discussed?
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:52 PM   #14
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Yeah, I agree, where is the proof?
Old 07-19-2006, 12:57 PM   #15
msbrunnettemickey
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to msbrunnettemickey Send a message via MSN to msbrunnettemickey

All those who believe in Telekinesis raise my hand.

בקצה השמיים, ובסוף המדבר, יש מקום רחוק מלא פרחי בר
מקום קטן, עלוב ומשוגע, מקום רחוק מקום לדאגה
יש אומרים שם שמשיקרה וחושבים אל כל מה שקרה
אלוהים שם יושב ורואה ושומר אל כל משברא
אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
ודואג ודואג נורא
msbrunnettemickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 02:28 PM   #16
Redorigami
Call me Massive Swallow
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Redorigami Send a message via MSN to Redorigami Send a message via Yahoo to Redorigami

ok you guys dont have to believe if you dont want to but if your gonna descuss things like this without being informed, be my guest. but if you would like to learn more, check this out, www.psipog.net
Redorigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 02:47 PM   #17
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redorigami
ok you guys dont have to believe if you dont want to but if your gonna descuss things like this without being informed, be my guest. but if you would like to learn more, check this out, www.psipog.net
Who says we're not informed? I've studied paranormal activities in college, and it's all bull****, complete crocks.

What you don't seem to understand is what is needed to seriously consider something as proven.

First of all, with most paranormal activities, the principle of conservatism pretty much wipes most of them out before they even get started. If these things really did exist, they would disprove most all of the laws of science, and I'm sorry, but there's thousands of years of proof for those laws and none for the paranormal.

But let's just play along for a second and start testing some of these ideas. Two things must hold true for it not to be dismissed:
  1. Someone who claims to have these powers should be able to reasonably demonstrate them (that is, have a success rate that is significantly greater than that of random guessing)
  2. Someone who claims to NOT have the powers should not perform better than random guessing at all.

Guess what. Upon every scientific test of anyone who claims to have some sort of power, not a single one in the history of testing, even with exorbitant monetary rewards awaiting them upon success, proved that they were better than randomness.

Also, for every paranormal act you can think of, there's plenty of powerless people who can fake it just as well.

Believe what you want, Red, but I won't feel sorry for you when people begin to realize how easy it is to sucker you.

And I'll counter with a website of my own. http://www.csicop.org/ The only differences between mine and yours is that yours claims all these fantastic powers, but mine actually backs up what they say. Whom are you more willing to trust?

--Guido

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by GuidoHunter; 07-22-2006 at 02:50 PM..
Old 07-23-2006, 04:44 AM   #18
windsurfer-sp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to windsurfer-sp

I agree with Guido, no one has Telekinesis powers that has been proven. Surely if someone had theese powers they would be able to prove it in someway and claim the reward.

I know that astrology is besides the point but you actually belive that aswell? Unless you can beat Guido's challenge to prove your claims then Telekinesis is impossible
Old 07-23-2006, 10:26 AM   #19
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

You can believe in astrology all you want, but there's absolutely zero reasons to believe that it works.

--Guido

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-23-2006, 11:30 AM   #20
Iam_a_Maid
FFR Player

It's not that its impossible, we just haven't proved that it is. So saying either is incorrect. Humans may be capable of such things but lack the knowledge how to train their minds to be able to do something like that or we may incapable of it because our brains do not have the capacity or a function. Evolution may throw surprises in the distant or short term future for all we know. I consider evolution, both artificial and natural.
Iam_a_Maid is offline   Reply With Quote