Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-6-2003, 12:30 AM   #21
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

It's not a crappy game, its fun, its just really really overrated. People talk about it as if it were the best game ever made, which it's clearly not.

Also, Moog, Viewtiful Joe may be a fine game (yes I have played it), and it got good ratings, but it's not worthy of the number 1 spot when there are much more worthy games out there. It outclassed games like Socom II, Castlevania, I think even Madden. Which is bullshit.
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-2003, 08:19 AM   #22
MWGwyn
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to MWGwyn Send a message via MSN to MWGwyn

Quote:
yeah i didnt even know that there was suck a thing until i was like flipping channels... btw so what is MWGwyn like back now or what?

I don't...think I was gone in the first place...
MWGwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-2003, 10:25 AM   #23
ultima301
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ultima301

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird
VGAs = UBER BIG DISAPPOINTMENT. It really had nothing to do with video games AT ALL. What a waste.
So true...the winners seemed to be based off sales figures and not votes, and the show seems to know NOTHING about the word suspense. Seriously, they showed the "game of the year" (aka top selling game of the year) Madden in the first 5 minutes of the show. Besides that they had no nominees, so there was no time to think "well best action game hmmm i think Soul Calibur 2 beat WWE" they just said stuff like "oh yea...the best action game is.....WWE!!!" without any nominees or suspense. Spike TV figured if they just gathered as many hot celebs and cheerleaders as they can and threw them all on stage and had 5 minutes of actual things about video games...they could call the show the VGAs and get everyone watching it. The result was a horrible show that, unfortunately, a lot of people watched. I mean seriously, Lil Kim and Pamela Anderson have nothing to do with video games, even though they were a nice addition...

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=ultima301 -My Xanga
ultima301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-2003, 01:21 PM   #24
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticrombie0909
It's not a crappy game, its fun, its just really really overrated. People talk about it as if it were the best game ever made, which it's clearly not.

Also, Moog, Viewtiful Joe may be a fine game (yes I have played it), and it got good ratings, but it's not worthy of the number 1 spot when there are much more worthy games out there. It outclassed games like Socom II, Castlevania, I think even Madden. Which is bullshit.
SOCOM is shitty, and so is Madden. Castlevania is... eh, 3D doesn't suit the series. Viewtiful Joe has something very few games have nowadays : style and substance. It's a blast to play, the graphics rock, the plot is funny, and most importantly, it's just plain cool. Viewtiful Joe is the Gamecube game of the year in my book.

Anyway, there a lot of cool games nowadays, but there's also far more crap than there used to be. I mean, look at practically any SNES game; they're pretty much all fun. Now look at the current PS2 titles, around 60-70% of them are crap. That's why I like the Gamecube, it has the fewest crap games of any of the current home consoles. But the best platform out now is by far the GBA; I don't think any other console has really captured the SNES "feel" as much as it has.

I'll stop rambling now.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-2003, 02:14 PM   #25
ultimategamer
FFR Player

yes, that was the worst VGA...EVER! I didn't actually see it myself, but i heard enough from my brother and this thread to know its crap. I mean, how could Halo possibly grab the best PC game? I was bored out of my mind when i played Halo for the XBox after the first few levels. All it mostly is are cut n' paste rooms, very monotonous. I would imagine that it would have good multiplayer, as that was the best part of XBox Halo, but still...that title should go to the best that ever was (since it came out), the best that still is, and that best that ever will be (hopefully until its sequel comes out): Halflife.
ultimategamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-2003, 02:21 PM   #26
hydrojakep
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to hydrojakep Send a message via AIM to hydrojakep Send a message via MSN to hydrojakep Send a message via Yahoo to hydrojakep

it was a good awards show, but some guy on a bench decided who won what. Also they didnt show the nomines before they gave out the awards. The only good thing was the funny video game dubbings

hydrojakep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-2003, 03:49 PM   #27
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticrombie0909
This is true. No first person shooter deserves the title "Best Game Ever" because it is nothing more than a first person shooter.

If you want to see the nominees, go to spiketv.com.

It's just sad, games like Ico will never get the recognition they deserve because they lack the violence and sex that the average idiot needs. No matter how beautiful the game may be.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote