Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 01:10 PM   #21
dave
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omicron
I believe this is the order of greatness of rpgs!!!

1. Xenogears
2. ChronoCross
3. Chronotrigger
4. FF7
5. FF6
6. FF8
7. Breath of FIre 3
8. Breath of Fire 1
9. Golden SUn
10. FF9
U Forgot The Zelda games they were good as well
Old 01-29-2003, 01:42 PM   #22
Sithicus
FFR Player

Omicron: While Xenogears may have a great storyline, the storyline isn't everything, either. If you have a game that's nothing -but- storyline, then you don't have game...you have a movie.

Final Fantasy 6 is considered the best RPG ever created, by more people than any other RPG. Of course, you'll all prolly tire of me saying that. But it's true, more people think FF6 is the best than any other RPG out there.

As for the Zelda games...those were action/adventure, not roleplaying. They do, however, still rank as some of the best games ever, as well. Mwahahah.

And ironically enough, anyone here want to know what the single best game -ever- created (ever) of -any- genre, or any console is?

That honor goes to Tetris. This was actual an official vote cast a few years ago by game critics, and they all agreed that Tetris is the best game ever. Think about it. There isn't a gamer -alive- that hasn't played Tetris. And the sweet thing about it is...no matter how much you hate Tetris, if you start playing, you're hooked for hours.

Now, about FF8...while a great game, and had a REALLY innovative system (I loved being able to fully customize my characters with the Junction system!), it very quickly got too easy, once you learned the loopholes. The game was absolutely no challenge. I mean come -on-, my characters were level 20 or so with well over 3000 HP, because I found out that one Tent can be turned into 10 Curagas with Siren's heal refinement ability. Buy 30 tents, get 3 GFs with HP-J, and junction 100 Curagas to each member's HP. It's bloody ridiculous.

Even without those loopholes, battles are always the same. You abuse the snot out of your GFs. Without summoning GFs, you're basically toast. Battles end up very repetitive, and have very little strategy to them. It ends up going from, 'if I can win this fight..' to 'how fast can I win this fight?'. When your whole battle strategy revolves around how fast you can tap the button while your GF's being summoned...it loses from its RPG element.

Enough said. Square made a great game, but they could have done a LOT better.

Oh...and you haven't -played- an RPG until you've played Nethack. If any of you do not know what Nethack is....I will pray for your souls.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:57 AM   #23
dave
FFR Player

I Hate the story line of FF8 it sucks ass. Come on, Spiro was better then that shit
Old 02-26-2003, 07:07 PM   #24
NessTormented
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to NessTormented Send a message via AIM to NessTormented Send a message via MSN to NessTormented Send a message via Yahoo to NessTormented

Oh no...arch0wl has returned...ok we are need Synth for this.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:19 PM   #25
Freak83
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

If Arch0wl is really back he should stay. Arch0wl is the best.
Old 02-27-2003, 09:49 AM   #26
NessTormented
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to NessTormented Send a message via AIM to NessTormented Send a message via MSN to NessTormented Send a message via Yahoo to NessTormented

You aren't understand. Arch0wl is BAD for the forums.
Old 04-8-2003, 07:38 AM   #27
cody
FFR Player

yes ArchOwl is bad for the forums but even if we kicked him out he would find a way to get in

1. final fantasy 7
2. final fantasy tactics
3. kingdom hearts
4. vandal hearts
5. dungeons and dragons

you have to go very old school though when they did not have all these fancy books and junk. back when it was true pen and paper

P.S. FF8 was the worst rpg i ever played exept for DnD eye of the3 beholder for the gameboy advance
Old 04-8-2003, 11:46 AM   #28
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omicron
I believe this is the order of greatness of rpgs!!!

1. Xenogears
2. ChronoCross
3. Chronotrigger
4. FF7
5. FF6
6. FF8
7. Breath of FIre 3
8. Breath of Fire 1
9. Golden SUn
10. FF9
Something like that.

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:31 AM   #29
dave
FFR Player

SOA is also a great rpg that was on dreamcast
Old 04-11-2003, 07:07 PM   #30
chibiko
FFR Player

I agree with most of you, FF8 was not the greatest game...The storyline was too not fantasy, if I can put it that way. Like in FFVII your group were the only ones fighting to save the Earth or Gaia or Terra or whatever...but itn FFVIII there was a whole bunch of people so basically had it not been a game, if Squall's party was destroyed, there would be someone else to save it. Also, in FFVII there was more to do with the surroundings, you get a non-human character RedXII, and the option of two secret characters, plus the chocobo breeding is great. I personally didn't like FFVIII at all. Now FFIX was pretty good, I liked the storyline, but the chocographs really pissed me off because I couldn't do it. FFX was a great game, I still haven't beaten it yet Yunalesca killed me so many times that I gave up for awhile...But it is still kind of like a movie, what with the voices and all of the realistic FMV's and everything.

I think it would be a great idea of square did make movies based off of the games. When FF the spirit within or whatever was realeased I got excited and thought that they might be doing a prequel to the series or that they were doing one of the games, but alas I was wrong, and the movie wasn't that great. But still, I think square should make movies based on the games, it would be awesome...I hope..
Old 04-12-2003, 11:22 AM   #31
Hyrogashi
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hyrogashi Send a message via AIM to Hyrogashi Send a message via MSN to Hyrogashi Send a message via Yahoo to Hyrogashi
Default dggfd

Blah, i dont care anymore, too much debate! Bottom line, the best and most OG rpg's of all time are obviously Earthbound and Chrono trigger, anything else can drink my nut through a straw
Old 04-12-2003, 11:44 AM   #32
nestlekwik
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to nestlekwik

Basically I only played a lot of NES and SNES RPGs. I just don't have time anymore to get into an expansive RPG. I think the last RPG I played thouroughly was Legend of Dragoon. I bought Chrono Cross for $5 a little while ago and I haven't even unwrapped it yet.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:25 PM   #33
kn8blade28
FFR Player

Default Re: No Way in Hell FF8 was better!!

me myself like mostly all rpg games as long as they have a good story line

You wana E-mail me about anything Email me at

Here is my runescape website
only if i had the time to do it all my self
Old 01-20-2007, 09:45 AM   #34
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

Nice bump.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:56 AM   #35
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

why would you post about 3 years after the last post? It makes no sense. This thread was dead a long time ago.

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:43 AM   #36
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

Wow.
Closed Thread