Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2006, 10:09 PM   #1
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222
Default To Everyone Who Disagress With The Change:

Stop complaining. Now. This is a free site that is provided to you. The ignorance a lot of users are displaying towards the new change angers me to no end. I usually don't make rant topics, but I feel like this is needed.

1st off, you are complaining about the look: That change happened what, 3 days ago? Do you honestly expect everything to be all set up in that amount of time? Please, I'm sure the staff knows twhat they are doing and are currently working to the best of there abilities to address the issue. They don't need your insults on top of it. I'm not trying to be a suck-up here, but I know how hectic life can be, and when I read the ignorance some of the users display it sets me off.

2nd: Yes, before, the site was integrated so it felt like one site. Now it isn't, but that doesn't mean it won't ever. Once again, to compliment my last point, time is needed. I don't know why you expect everything to be perfect right away. Patience is a virtue, and should be displayed here. The integration is being worked on.

3rd: People who are telling the staff to change the site back. Who the hell do you think you are to tell, on a free site no less, the people who work here to change a site back. Yes, our opinion matters to the site, but ultimately, it's the sites decision and not ours, you can either deal with it our leave. The forum users are the minority here.

4th: The people who say it isn't worth it. Once again, how can you come off saying that. Let's make a pro's and con's list.

Enhanced security-Pro
Calendar-Pro
Buddy list-Pro
Faster loading times-Pro
User Friendly Control Panel-Pro
More Customizabilit via CP-Pro
80 posts per page-Pro
Option to disable any part of a post-Pro
Option to Ignore people's posts-Pro
Potential to be better than the php board-Pro
Confusing navigation-Con
Having to get used to a new look-Con
Not integrated well with the main site-Con
Temporary glitches and downtime-con

So lets see. In the switch we the only real thing we lose is the old look of the site. Although, if you look at what we gain, having to adept to a new look is worth the pro's. Not only that, but enhanced security is better for the entire site. Putting your preference over the state of the site is selfish, especially since we don't know much about the security issues.

All the other cons will be solved in time, waiting isn't that hard to do. I really don't want to see any more ignorant posts about the state of the site and your personal preferences. If it is a post that brings up a valid point, then sure, but if it deals with something that will be fixed in time, please drop it.

I really hope this post doesn't get interpreted the wrong way, I just hope it sends a message to all the unhappy users out there. As bandit posted, no one has even thanked the staff for the work they put into this. Let the site fix itself, then, if you are unhappy voice your complaints, not during. You wouldn't order a pizza and expect it to be at your door as soon as you hang up the phone, it's the same here.

~Ranting TPS

Last edited by Tps222; 02-26-2006 at 01:19 AM..
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:13 PM   #2
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness
Default Re: To Everyone Who Disagress With The Change:

Tps Ftw.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:21 PM   #3
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tps222
You wouldn't order a pizza and expect it to be at your door as soon as you hang up the phone, it's the same here.
This analogy is a bad one, as the users didn't order this pizza. It appeared out of nowhere and was implemented really fast. I imagine there would be less complaining if we were at least given a couple days' notice.

Other than that I have no real argument to the points you make, they're all fair ones.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Kilgamayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:25 PM   #4
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Valid point. Although, we were foretold, but only by a few hours. I suppose a poll or something would have been the best course of action to be on the users' good side, but once it again this decision ultimately belongs to the upper-administration. I suppose that could justify a negative reaction among the populus, but it really accomplishes nothing other than pissing everyone off.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:49 PM   #5
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924

It seems more official as well. I say keep the current skin. I like this better than the old one.
Lightknight924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:39 PM   #6
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

I think you're ranting about it a bit much. Most of the people are just giving suggestions, which is what they want. For example, I (and others) suggested that avatars be put back on the side. Other than that, I wasn't terribly bothered by anything in the new layout. Because they listened to my suggestion and did it, I don't think giving more suggestions is a problem at all. It's not like everybody is DEMANDING that they change it back, they're just saying they like the old look better. I don't know what all they're able to change as far as the look goes with this new thing, but when they finally do get around to messing with the visuals (rather than the internal stuff, it working with the site and such, which is more important) I would prefer if these new forums looked more like the old forums.

In the end, I think some of you (on both sides) are complaining a bit too much. Also, remember, IT'S THE INTERNETS LOL!

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:43 PM   #7
Tps222
FFR Player

Well, stuff like what you requested didn't bother me. Although I have come across multiple threads and posts that show that they are pissed off at the site for changing. I'd link to them, but I don't want to attack anyone personally. To each his own I suppose.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:54 PM   #8
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

I'm getting used to it, but Tps is still a kissass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
JurseyRider734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:56 PM   #9
Tps222
FFR Player

When I was writing the "I'm not sucking up" part, I specifically wrote knowing you would come in and say that.

Oh well.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:59 AM   #10
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Was I one of the only ones to actually thank them?
banditcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 01:16 AM   #11
MilfeulleSakuraba
Ryoko Shintani is #1!

It's possible. Not everyone desired this change, and as a result not everyone saw a reason to give thanks.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:22 AM   #12
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

I guess.

But without change, life is boring. Hell, these forums were starting to be boring to me. Now there is new life in them, and I think it's great. I accepted the change right off the bat. I've been able to enjoy it because of that reason.

Plus I put trust in the admins to get all the issues and extras worked out, without saying "omfg i dun like dis because i cant do dis now like i could b4". Uhh you know, you could state it saying "hey, I really liked that we could do this and that.. think we can get this feature back? thanks".

There are certain ways the users could go about this much better. It's rather bull to see most users just bitch and moan about the change. It's disheartening. However, I don't think it's affecting the admins as much as it could, since they know they had to do the change to vB for multiple reasons, and that it wasn't just to change the look of FFR.
banditcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 11:58 AM   #13
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to sertman Send a message via MSN to sertman

Enhanced security-valid
Calendar-people use this?
Buddy list-see above
Faster loading times-didn't have a problem with the old loading times
User Friendly Control Panel-valid
More Customizabilit via CP-valid
80 posts per page-valid
Option to disable any part of a post-valid
Option to Ignore people's posts-valid
Potential to be better than the php board-opinion
Confusing navigation-Con
Having to get used to a new look-Con
Not integrated well with the main site-Con
Temporary glitches and downtime-i hope they're temporary, because i was having a ton of trouble with the forums yesterday

sertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 06:03 PM   #14
Layla-Day
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Layla-Day Send a message via MSN to Layla-Day Send a message via Yahoo to Layla-Day

I think the new one is....cute