Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about homosexuality?
against it 8 33.33%
for it 12 50.00%
undecided 4 16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-5-2006, 10:36 PM   #81
-Izzy-
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to -Izzy-
Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Sad but true

Its being one with yourself. Has everything to do with feeling. I dont know why you you're so presistant in disagreeing with everything i say.

If i said the sky was blue you would get angry and try say otherwize.
Old 01-5-2006, 10:37 PM   #82
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds
Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Sad but true

It's being one with creation. That has nothing to do with yourself. The sperm could have missed the egg. You were not involved in creation.

Mal

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
Old 01-5-2006, 10:40 PM   #83
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS
Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Sad but true

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Izzy-
Its being one with yourself. Has everything to do with feeling. I dont know why you you're so presistant in disagreeing with everything i say.

If i said the sky was blue you would get angry and try say otherwize.
I'm not disagreeing with you. You have entirely misinterpreted the doctrines of Buddhism. It's well established that you are completely wrong.

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 01-5-2006, 11:22 PM   #84
UbEr_RaVe
FFR Player

Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Sad but true

Honsetly Izzy, if you want to keep any remnants of cool left (if there were any to begin with), stop posting in this thread. Every post you have made in here has made you look like a complete fool. Stop trying.

On the subject, I am against ity. For one thing, I find just the idea gross. Second, I am a Christian, so it does go against my teachings since I was a kid. I don't find the people offencive, I find their beliefs and practices wrong one way and down the other. However, it angers me to a point when s try to bend God's law into saying it's okay to be a and He wants them in His kingdom. HE DOESN'T. There is another verse in Exodus that blatantly says, "Do not have with another person of the same gender." It's right after, "Don't have with animals." To people like Izzy, I pray people like you get over your problems with Christianity QUICKLY before it's too late. Also consider this. I dont flame people about their religion when I think it's wrong. Flaming people about their religion is not only a huge slap in te face to God, but just in horrible taste. Good day, sir.
Old 01-5-2006, 11:25 PM   #85
-Izzy-
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

That proves my points right there. And please dont pray for me. Trying to be nice, save your time for something worthwhile.

And i hope people like you get over your problem before its to late.. "like death"
But w/e have fun wasting away beleave false information.
Old 01-5-2006, 11:36 PM   #86
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CypherToorima

I wonder if this was the thread that started all the Izzy hating. At first I was confused when I saw that list ap made, but now I understand.

Izzy, you are intolerant of religious people. Why?

More on the subject, I don't care, really, about gay marriage or relationships. I'm not pro-gay, because that doesn't make sense. I'm not anti-gay, which makes more sense, but at the same time, makes no sense at all. You're not gonna catch homsexuality by standing in the same room as a gay person, so why would you care?

Hooray, religious arguements.
Old 01-5-2006, 11:42 PM   #87
-Izzy-
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Now they are going to put you in the fags list.
This is why religious people are stupid. They themselves are intolerant and say other people are. Not like im not but they are to. And thats why they are argueing with me.
Old 01-5-2006, 11:46 PM   #88
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

Some of us are not arguing with you. Some of us are merely pointing out that you are wrong. Let it be a learning experience, hah.

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 01-5-2006, 11:59 PM   #89
psychic25
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to psychic25 Send a message via MSN to psychic25
Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Sad but

Quote:
Originally Posted by UbEr_RaVe
On the subject, I am against it. For one thing, I find just the idea gross. Second, I am a Christian, so it does go against my teachings since I was a kid. I don't find the people offencive, I find their beliefs and practices wrong one way and down the other. However, it angers me to a point when s try to bend God's law into saying it's okay to be a and He wants them in His kingdom. HE DOESN'T. There is another verse in Exodus that blatantly says, "Do not have with another person of the same gender." It's right after, "Don't have with animals." To people like Izzy, I pray people like you get over your problems with Christianity QUICKLY before it's too late. Also consider this. I dont flame people about their religion when I think it's wrong. Flaming people about their religion is not only a huge slap in te face to God, but just in horrible taste. Good day, sir.
Your religion sounds pretty intolerant to me. "It angers me to a point when [people] try to bend God's law into saying it's okay to be gay and He wants them in his kingdom. HE DOESN'T".

Is this a follower of the religion that also preaches that "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (basically, go to heaven with Him)? What about homosexuals who believe in him? Looks like you're not looking at the whole picture.

Now, I'll acknowledge that there are large logic holes in the Bible (and everyone else with an ounce of logic should realize the same thing). And on this point I agree with Izzy. However, Izzy, the Christian religion is not 100% garbage. There's stuff like the Ten Commandments, Jesus's parables, etc. Is all of that garbage? I don't think so.

PS: ANYONE show me why that logic hole is actually not a hole and I'll be cool with Christianity as a whole.
Old 01-6-2006, 12:01 AM   #90
-Izzy-
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Sad

Christianity does teach how do be a normal person and not cut yourself and all but teaching in a false matter just made the children think its real.

And show me some proof that god exists and maybe ill beleave it.

And everyone is argueing with me.
Old 01-6-2006, 12:23 AM   #91
Annubi86
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Annubi86

First post, I see it fit to this thread.(Been here for 2-3 years, keep it up)
I agree with Izzy, there is no God, but understand I decided that, over the Bible, and other documents, I decided there wasn't a God( or Gods), I dissagree however about the bashing most of you are giving out, Go about this in a calmer manner. No need in wasting emotion(including pity) on people who won't change their minds. Get over it...

Edit: On topic, I'm for it, its your life, do with what you will.
Old 01-6-2006, 12:25 AM   #92
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Izzy-
Christianity does teach how do be a normal person and not cut yourself and all but teaching in a false matter just made the children think its real.

And show me some proof that god exists and maybe ill beleave it.

And everyone is argueing with me.
So the rules and standards of moral decency just appeared out of nowhere?

Show me proof that he doesn't, and maybe I'll believe you.

If everyone is argueing with you, it says something about the arguement and the person pressing the issue.

Mal

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 01-6-2006, 12:30 AM   #93
dooty_7
FFR Veteran

To ignorant pricks like you Izzy, God will never exist because you don't have the capacity to believe.
Have you ever heard of the divine proportion or golden proportion izzy, it is about 1.618 ((1+ root5)/2) and it shows up everywhere in nature. I would give examples but google it yourself to see. In my opinion, there is no way that so many things could possibly stem from that one precise number by accident. Some greater force or being must have created it.
Anyways, that is just what i think.
Old 01-6-2006, 12:43 AM   #94
psychic25
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
So the rules and standards of moral decency just appeared out of nowhere?
Why not? Why does the fact that there are "good" things and "evil" things require that there be a higher power? Don't we, the people (society as a whole), define the standards of moral decency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooty_7
To ignorant pricks like you Izzy, God will never exist because you don't have the capacity to believe.
Have you ever heard of the divine proportion or golden proportion izzy, it is about 1.618 ((1+ root5)/2) and it shows up everywhere in nature. I would give examples but google it yourself to see. In my opinion, there is no way that so many things could possibly stem from that one precise number by accident. Some greater force or being must have created it.
Anyways, that is just what i think.
"In my opinion, there is no way that so many things could possibly stem from that one precise number by accident."

Why not? I'd like proof that there is no way all these things could stem "by accident". Why does this require a higher power?

I know this is just your opinion, but still, since apparently since I disagree I'm also an "ignorant prick without the capacity to believe", I'd like an answer.
Old 01-6-2006, 12:50 AM   #95
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
I know this is just your opinion, but still, since apparently since I disagree I'm also an "ignorant prick without the capacity to believe"
Yes you are lol
Old 01-6-2006, 12:51 AM   #96
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I'm not calling you an ignorant prick. Don't lump me in with that guy.

It's called faith for a reason, Psychic. I'm sure you're sick to death of hearing that excuse, but if everything were to be proven, it would fundamentally destroy the concept of religion.

Mal

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 01-6-2006, 12:53 AM   #97
dooty_7
FFR Veteran

i just think that numerous things stemming from one precise value could not possibly have ahppened randomly or by accident. There are numerous examples on the human body as well as in a nautilus shell and in growing patterns in some animals. I just feel that something as complex as nature being simplified down to one number is enough proof for me to believe in a higher power.
btw psychic i didnt mean that if you don't believe in God you are an ignorant prick. i more meant that izzy is becuase he doesn't seem to have the capacity to understand other people's beliefs. i meant no disrespect.
Old 01-6-2006, 12:54 AM   #98
psychic25
FFR Player

Yes, I've heard that before, Mal. Uggghhhhhhhhh I hate that answer SOSOSOSOSO much.

And I didn't mean you were calling me a prick, I meant that the other guy was calling me a prick, indirectly.

EDIT: Okay, fine. All good, then.

And dooty, I guess that your proof just might not seem conclusive enough for me. Which actually kind of fits with what Mal is saying.
Old 01-6-2006, 12:55 AM   #99
dooty_7
FFR Veteran

ya like mal said if everything is proven, then there is basically no religion.
throughout the ages, religion was a way to explain observations that people could not physically explain. Faith is the power to believe without proof and not everyone is capable of doing it.
Old 01-6-2006, 01:01 AM   #100
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Pshycic, I don't care what you believe. Just believe it. Whatever you have to .

Mal

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Closed Thread