Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 05:04 PM   #21
Schrammbledeggs
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: RE: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whorlichan
Some people like to analyze movies because it lets them enjoy them on several different levels. I'm not one of them, but I know people like that.

And I feel sorry for you, because obviously you don't enjoy movies as much as I do.
That's bull. People find faults in movies so they can whine and complain. That's what people who find flaws really like doing...whining and complaining because they aren't capable of just enjoying things. So what you're basically saying is that people find faults in movies (and other things also I'm willing to bet) because they enjoy pointing out faults. That's sad. And I enjoy movies a lot. I'm not gonna say I like them more than you because that's a stupid thing to say.

Movie Reviewer at ddrgeek.com
Schrammbledeggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:11 PM   #22
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman
Default RE: Re: RE: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia movie

I thought the first teaser I saw looked pretty cool. Some of the lines I've heard since then have sounded a bit rough though. I'm afraid that the dialogue will be shaky.

also CS Lewis was kind of a douche. I mean, I liked the books (even though it was so obvious how much it was an endorsement of christianity). The reason he's a douche is because he oh-so-innocently puts these uberconservative lines in there. There's one from the sixth book (the one where the kids are at the really progressive liberal (portrayed by CS lewis as evil) school in the beginning) and he's says like "The headmaster, who by the way was a woman, blah blah blah". It's like "OH NO NOT ONLY DOES THE SCHOOL ENDORSE SCIENCE, IT'S ALSO RUN BY A WOMAN!"
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:14 PM   #23
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

Would someone like to outline the aparrently obvious christian subtexts? I haven't read these books in about a decade, and have no idea what it's all about.
mead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:59 PM   #24
whorlichan
Tiny Plastic Meat

Send a message via AIM to whorlichan
Default Re: RE: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrammbledeggs
That's bull. People find faults in movies so they can whine and complain. That's what people who find flaws really like doing...whining and complaining because they aren't capable of just enjoying things. So what you're basically saying is that people find faults in movies (and other things also I'm willing to bet) because they enjoy pointing out faults. That's sad. And I enjoy movies a lot. I'm not gonna say I like them more than you because that's a stupid thing to say.
I didn't say anything about finding faults; I was talking about analyzing a movie on more than the surface story. I agree that people who complain about small flaws are annoying and probably have nothing better to do. But the people who read the Narnia series and see the Christian subtext are not necessarily COMPLAINING (although some do) but just looking at the story from another perspective.

mead: The whole dealie with Aslan dying and being resurrected, and I believe there was a spear in his side, etc. I haven't read the books in a long time either.
My friend Cassie's amazing photography
whorlichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 09:11 PM   #25
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

More like the whole thing with Aslan being god and that one garden where the kid walks in but he's not supposed to eat the fruit but an animal/thewitch (I forget which) tells him to but he doesn't and he leaves and the whole part where at the end of the series they all go to heaven and jesus christ (lol irony) it's so obvious.
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 12:24 AM   #26
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

To Mr. Eggs... analyzing a movie and being critical of it are two completely different things. When you read a novel for school... what is the teacher asking you to do? To analyze the book. generally, you and most HS students dislike the forced concept of reading novels and compain, nitpick, and generally bitch about what they are reading...

BUT... those books are picked out because generally they have multiple meanings. Things that are obvious from reading them, and then subtle nuances that get discussed in class... like why Shylock demanded a pound of flesh. The same goes for movies. I absolutely LOVE movies. I literally go to the movies every single week and see 2 movies. And I also download other movies, and rent past movies. I've probably seen close to 1000 movies. And I enjoy talking about them. What is good about them, what is bad about them, what I'd change, who did an amazing acting job, who didn't... things like that are analyzing. If all I did was nitpick on every flick I saw (I do on some... but you do too... on movies you don't particularly enjoy), I'd agree with you. But I don't. Ask Whorli how many times I rant on and on about why she should see this classic movie or that one. ALL THE TIME.

Movies are great because they are like books in that you can discuss them on multiple levels... and I as well feel sorry for you if you can't appreciate these great media outlets on more than the simplest level.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:32 AM   #27
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to lord_carbo

It's only rated PG Well, the movie looks decent. It'll probably score somewhere in the B's on movies.com.

The book itself seems like a good book-to-movie book, but I'm not sure about a few of the other books in the Chronicles of Narnia series, mainly The Magician's Nephew. Unless you can put the story of Creation from the Bible in movie form, I doubt it'll translate into a movie well, although because this book was the 6th book instead of the first, all of the nub fans will all go to The Magician's Nephew in the movie theater and say "LOL Wow this is liek so great", kind of like the third Harry Potter film.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:56 AM   #28
Demon_Of_The_Comet
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Demon_Of_The_Comet

Most of the recent Disney movies that ive seen are total bullshit, all theyre doing is re-doing old stuff and making it worse, was anyone aware there was already a "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" movie? I watched it in the 6th grade >_> The book was boring as hell and so was the movie, all they did was redo it >_>
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird
If you are part of the 2% that isn\'t a ******, put this in your profile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_boy
firemon is in the top 10 sm list...dont talk (#$% to him.
Demon_Of_The_Comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 07:58 AM   #29
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to lord_carbo
Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Of_The_Comet
Most of the recent Disney movies that ive seen are total &*#$, all theyre doing is re-doing old stuff and making it worse, was anyone aware there was already a "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" movie? I watched it in the 6th grade >_> The book was boring as hell and so was the movie, all they did was redo it >_>
I don't even think that was from Disney. It did suck, though. It was almost like a homemade Harry Potter movie meets Wizard of Oz with a little Mary Poppins at the end. Worst part was it was on TWO VIDEOTAPES.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:24 AM   #30
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222
Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia movie

I remember reading the books, they were ok. I don't really feel like watching it, the whole concept of it is kind of silly.
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote