Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games

Old 01-21-2022, 02:52 PM   #121
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Bumping this thread to express my joy that there is additional Sadu content in Endwalker. I am very pleased.

Doing the 83 trial blind with friends tonight. I've had nothing spoiled for me except that there will be "rotating snakes" present, which definitely has my curiosity piqued.

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 03:01 PM   #122
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to awein999

i played through all of the content and got my fill. i think i have like 30 days of playtime and im gonna let my sub expire in a couple weeks. was lots of fun
awein999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 02:31 AM   #123
hi19hi19
lol happy

Hit 90 a week ago.
Spent last week gearing, did my first savage clear group today.
P1S is such a cohesive and well-designed fight, I love it so much. The pizza time phase is great, doing the JoonBob swap on Intemperance is fun as a tank, Grace/Purgation tankbusters are fun to do as a tank, it's just a great time. Incredibly fun.
P2S is kinda... easy? Not much to do as an offtank on this fight tbh (besides the one time a dps toucha my tether and killed us, I need to avoid getting PvPed like that I guess), pulled it a dozen times tonight and saw enrage 4 times. Group had a DRG doing like 5k dps on a good pull; if we replaced them with someone who had fingers I'm sure it would have been a clear.
Excited to get a P2S clear probably this weekend and start working on P3S, which seems like the first fight that will require actual effort to learn.

I say this all from the perspective of WAR which takes maybe half a braincell to play properly, I'm sure healers/dps/tanks with actual rotations might have a different opinion

a quick rant about P1S i hate that the PF meta is for tanks to take a damage down and not do the mechanic properly on the fire/ice/ice south tower. doing this wrong shouldnt be an option; JoonBob strat should be standard and not doing it should fucking kill your raid, fuck off with this "just take a DD because thinking is hard" shit end rant

Last edited by hi19hi19; 02-11-2022 at 02:39 AM..
Old 02-11-2022, 06:18 AM   #124
flat chest choof
FFR Player

being upset that a dumb strat works when you're pugging content is such a neckbeard raider mindset lmfao
flat chest choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 02:56 PM   #125
hi19hi19
lol happy

Just annoying when a cool mechanic can be immediately ignored on release. Why even put it in the game at that point if you can trivially not do it?

I guess I'm guilty as charged tho, figuring out the puzzle of a mechanic and doing it properly is the most fun part of raiding for me, if wanting to do that makes me a neckbeard then sure whatever I'm over here having fun regardless. Just going to only join swap strat PF groups and have a good time with it
That said the real neckbeard raider mindset is being upset because the DD affects MUH PARSE NUMBERS REEEE

Last edited by hi19hi19; 02-11-2022 at 03:03 PM..
Old 02-11-2022, 03:11 PM   #126
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

i dont care about pf and what people do there but not doing it properly in a static setting is literally trolling and not fun at all lol

Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 02-11-2022 at 03:11 PM..
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 03:46 PM   #127
hi19hi19
lol happy

I mean I'll do what it takes to get a clear and if I wind up in a group that wants me to stand still and take DDs then sure I guess. But I'm not going to enjoy it and I'm going to think the boss design is bad for allowing it, which is what my whole rant was about in the first place.

Old 02-11-2022, 04:34 PM   #128
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
I mean I'll do what it takes to get a clear and if I wind up in a group that wants me to stand still and take DDs then sure I guess. But I'm not going to enjoy it and I'm going to think the boss design is bad for allowing it, which is what my whole rant was about in the first place.
I would find another group if they can't do a basic 2 people adjust strat, and obviously agreed. In PF you just do what's listed by the leader.
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 09:00 PM   #129
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

man, im trying to justify playing this game again, im still in post hades fight, i havent even finished sb LOL although I do have the collector's edition of endwalker just chilling. I need to be saving up money

also hi19 WAR buddies what up, im also trying to do WHM as well because fuck it i guess? have no experience being a healer but thought it would be nice to have a role option when im with my homies and they need to level. Also they DPS I guess MCH, SAM, and some others im forgetting. Also gotta try those new jobs. I'll try and get back into this when I can
Old 02-11-2022, 10:02 PM   #130
hi19hi19
lol happy

lmao paexaea you described exactly the classes I play
WAR and WHM because I find them the most braindead tank and healer respectively, and thus good for learning fights in those roles.
SAM when I want to press lots of buttons, MCH when I want to press lots of buttons from range, RDM when I want to give my group a 1% damage buff for being a mage

Sage is a really fun healer too, so many more oGCDs than WHM so it's a lot more fun to play in content where GCD healing isn't required, which is to say, nearly all content in this game. Plus the proactive shield + mitigation style really rewards knowing fights well, which I find very gratifying. I still haven't unlocked scholar yet but I tend to not like pet mechanics in MMOs, even if they are minor like the fairy, so I'm glad an shield healer option exists for me.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 02-11-2022 at 10:07 PM..
Old 05-26-2022, 11:33 PM   #131
flat chest choof
FFR Player

healing in general in this game is super rewarding mechanically imo I absolutely love it more than I ever did in wow or rift (lol)
the only problem with scholar is the lag when hitting her ogcds but I also like pet classes aesthetically, it vaguely reminds me of druid healing in rift (lol). and damn, recitation -> adlo -> deployment tactics is easily one of my favorite combos in the game when it hits every party member
I haven't played at cap in months
flat chest choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:11 AM   #132
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

lol
Old 06-6-2022, 12:55 PM   #133
Herogashix
Descension from Heaven
FFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat chest choof View Post
and damn, recitation -> adlo -> deployment tactics is easily one of my favorite combos in the game when it hits every party member
scholar feels so rewarding when everything goes as planned, easily my favorite healer

data center travel is coming in the next few patches, i wonder what the exact limitations of it will be. think we'll be able to do savage and ultimate raids on other data centers? i'd look forward to that, would make forming statics so much easier.
Old 01-6-2023, 01:17 AM   #134
Mapolio
FFR Player

Doing the 83 trial blind with friends tonight.
Mapolio is offline   Reply With Quote