Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Technology

Old 01-6-2021, 10:45 AM   #41
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Do I need to upgrade my keyboard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
You don't need the respect of others to prove a point, you need to have a well defined stance and evidence.
I didn't say respect is needed, but that it helps; especially if the evidence you supply is subjective. Your original argument, while actually good, is greatly diminished by the way in which you posit it and the lack of respect you give to others in the discussion.

Quote:
You're actually arguing with a brick wall here.
You've got that right!

Last edited by Dynam0; 01-6-2021 at 10:49 AM..
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2021, 11:29 AM   #42
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
Your original argument, while actually good, is greatly diminished by the way in which you posit it and the lack of respect you give to others in the discussion.
Congrats. You have tripled down successfully. My original posts are respectful, they stick to facts, and aren't personal attacks, they're not even rude. Now this:

Quote:
If you think anything else, I hope you never land yourself in a position where your ability to make choices is paramount to the success of anyone else.
Is a bit rude. But accurate.

Oh, and, me being rude diminishes my argument none, unless you're actually perverse to thought. You can't dispute what I said, and even you go out of your way to say so. Walk away now, you're actually done.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2021, 12:04 PM   #43
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis_Flesher View Post
everyyone's opinions are valid Xel. it's just a thread man.
just be nice for once and chip in your advice, opinions, thoughts, et cetera so we can be happy.
there are some really heated, kinda funny flamewars going on in other places
not in this keyboard advice article though
You can have keyboard preferences at any skill level, sometimes it's just comfort of use. Since everyone uses keyboards all the time, it's natural to start looking for certain features. However it's preposterous to give advice to others when the value of your opinion in competetive play is pretty much 0 so no, in this case not every opinion is valid. Even if Xel could've been nicer in saying it, he's right. Just listen to people who have several orders of magnitude more experience than you and don't pretend to know what you don't.

Back to the matter at hand, I've been playing ever since 2003 and played on a lot of shitty membrane keyboards. The first "good" keyboard I had was a 2007 apple flat keyboard, wich still had membrane but had an aluminium chassis and very reduced key travel. However, once you get used to a mechanical keyboard, there's no going back. I suggest brown switches, followed by reds and blacks. Some laptops also have okay keyboards, as long as you're able to stay light on the keys. Constant vibrations are also not very good for the internals. Until you are getting high scores on at the very least lv 60+ you can basically play on any potato keyboard and it will hardly make a difference.
Old 01-6-2021, 07:37 PM   #44
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!

Quote:
I'm going to operate under the assumption you aimed this at me, since name-dropping is probably out of your repertoire.
Considering you haven't offered any helpful advice at the time of this post, this assumption is poorly established that he aimed it at you, as is the following assumption that he would name drop you considering Since Guitarman literally quoted Cammy and not you as well earlier, I'd say that if Guitarman wanted to direct his comment to you in any fashion, the evidence points that he would have done so.

Quote:
Yeah it's condescending, everything he said is absolutely false, and using his scores to support that he has no idea what type of recommendations to give is the correct course to take as it supports my statement that as someone with significantly better scores and achievements, I actually have a fair idea what I'd be talking about if I'd offered any advice other than "his take is bad."
This follow up paragraph of yours indicates you could be talking about Cammy, or Travis. In the case of travis you undermine any advice he has to offer because of his skill, though he offers good advice in "focus on hitting the keys lightly" which is solid valid advice for the longevity of your keyboard, as well as it being perfectly reasonable advice for your maintenance of stamina during gameplay. His advice about buying a keyboard with a good clock rate is also good advice, though he did not recommend; even when asked, what specific keyboard to purchase.

In the case of if your follow up paragraph here is in reference to Cammy's advice is bad, and you think that she doesn't have the skill to make a recommendation I'd argue she does and she did give good advice.

THEREFORE
This post of yours that I have quoted, does the following:
2 poorly thoughtout assumptions back to back.
Does not add any helpful advice to the neccesity or lack there-of for a keyboard upgrade.
Does not attempt to explain why or whose advice is bad.
And based on the statement "Everything he said is absolutely false" in conjunction with the pre established message being possibly directed at Travis or Cammy, I'm inclined to believe that I should in fact, per this quoted statement, look for an expensive keyboard, with a very bad clock rate, bang my keyboard roughly, and not work on my fundamentals for gameplay.

Last edited by icontrolyourworld; 01-6-2021 at 07:38 PM..
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2021, 11:11 PM   #45
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld View Post
Considering you haven't offered any helpful advice at the time of this post, this assumption is poorly established that he aimed it at you, as is the following assumption that he would name drop you considering Since Guitarman literally quoted Cammy and not you as well earlier, I'd say that if Guitarman wanted to direct his comment to you in any fashion, the evidence points that he would have done so.

This follow up paragraph of yours indicates you could be talking about Cammy, or Travis. In the case of travis you undermine any advice he has to offer because of his skill, though he offers good advice in "focus on hitting the keys lightly" which is solid valid advice for the longevity of your keyboard, as well as it being perfectly reasonable advice for your maintenance of stamina during gameplay. His advice about buying a keyboard with a good clock rate is also good advice, though he did not recommend; even when asked, what specific keyboard to purchase.

In the case of if your follow up paragraph here is in reference to Cammy's advice is bad, and you think that she doesn't have the skill to make a recommendation I'd argue she does and she did give good advice.

THEREFORE
This post of yours that I have quoted, does the following:
2 poorly thoughtout assumptions back to back.
Does not add any helpful advice to the neccesity or lack there-of for a keyboard upgrade.
Does not attempt to explain why or whose advice is bad.
And based on the statement "Everything he said is absolutely false" in conjunction with the pre established message being possibly directed at Travis or Cammy, I'm inclined to believe that I should in fact, per this quoted statement, look for an expensive keyboard, with a very bad clock rate, bang my keyboard roughly, and not work on my fundamentals for gameplay.
1. Your reading comprehension needs work. Read his post again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarman93 View Post
For future posts, let's not bash each other about Personal Scores or give advice unless asked for. It comes across as condescending.
Cammy's post doesn't do these these things. Mine arguably does. I specifically target a skill level, and give advice about how he should be ignored unprompted.
2. I'll accept the latter half of your sentence is fine. But I in no way target Cammy. Denote the "he" and how Cammy is female, according to their profile, and I know they prefer feminine pronouns. It's so clearly not aimed at Cammy. I'm a dick, but I don't mis-pronoun people on purpose. You even proceed to say "she" in the rest of your post, so I actually don't comprehend the reason you thought I went in that direction at all.

Which makes reading the rest of your post, pointless.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2021, 11:20 PM   #46
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!

damnit you're no fun
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2021, 11:42 PM   #47
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

this thread stinks
Old 02-25-2021, 06:40 AM   #48
Matsubusa
FFR Player

Old 02-26-2021, 07:19 AM   #49
Akaunei
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsubusa View Post
xelnya being xelnya
Akaunei is offline   Reply With Quote