Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-9-2003, 08:12 AM   #21
KittyX
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to KittyX Send a message via MSN to KittyX Send a message via Yahoo to KittyX

Yeah, I wanna get really really good at FFR, and possibly stay more than .003 seconds in HELLBEAT. >_<; The main reason I joined yesterday was to get the hint. And then I saw the introductions board...and it just all folded out like that.

The sad thing is, I love Terror from Beyond, it's one of my favorite songs on FFR, etc. etc, but I can't even get to the end. -_-; I get just one minute before it, and die. *runs around* I. Must. Survive!!
KittyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2003, 08:20 AM   #22
DJwo56
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DJwo56

I feel the same way because sometimes on certain songs I can make it half way. Then watcha know ~BOOM~ game over. Ticks me off but I just finally passed a song it's called "Super Double" or something like that. But if you just keep practicing a song eventually you can pass it.

And then sometime after you can "try" to get a high score which is highly unlikely for me right now. But who cares I'm just having fun anyways. This is one of the funnest ways to waste your time lol

-DJwo
Old 03-9-2003, 08:20 AM   #23
JeffAndonuts
FFR Player

Practice with Mario. The key is to be able to finish it with no problem. When you can do that, try that same thing with other songs. The first step is the hardest for some people.
JeffAndonuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2003, 08:24 AM   #24
KittyX
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to KittyX Send a message via MSN to KittyX Send a message via Yahoo to KittyX

Yeah, I can get through Mario with the majority of goods, some few perfects, and one or two misses and averages. I saw one of the boys at my school unlock a secret (or so, not-so-secret) Yoshi level. What's that all about? 0_o; Do you get that by all perfects, or what? *cough* Anyhow, I've been going back and forth between Mario, Terror from Beyond, Get on the Move, and stuff like that.
Old 03-9-2003, 08:25 AM   #25
DJwo56
FFR Player

See same applies for mario. I make it half way until it speeds up thats when it totally loses me. But heck, I'll keep practicing.

-DJwo
Old 03-9-2003, 08:28 AM   #26
KittyX
FFR Player

On a random note, I think the Mario song cuts off to abruptly. 0_o "Hey Mario, you're so fine, you blow my mind, hey Mario! ..." I kinda like the speed up, dunno. 0_o Probably because the first song I ever played was Terror from Beyond, and that's moderately fast. In the beginning, the arrowbeats seem off. Then they slowly get into the tune of the song... *blink* Or is it just me?
Old 03-9-2003, 08:46 AM   #27
DJwo56
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyX
On a random note, I think the Mario song cuts off to abruptly. 0_o "Hey Mario, you're so fine, you blow my mind, hey Mario! ..." I kinda like the speed up, dunno. 0_o Probably because the first song I ever played was Terror from Beyond, and that's moderately fast. In the beginning, the arrowbeats seem off. Then they slowly get into the tune of the song... *blink* Or is it just me?
Nope Nope. I truely doubt it's just you.. I'll tell you why! I have the same feeling I get messed up. Durn them offbeat arrows. But who cares really. I'll just have to get used to it I suppose. But then again. Im new so something hard to me may not apply to everyone.
Old 03-9-2003, 08:52 AM   #28
KittyX
FFR Player

I've gotten use to it enough to where I can complete the song with a fairly good score, but nothing good enough for the highscores. But it really annoys me. -.-; Ah well.
Old 03-9-2003, 08:58 AM   #29
JeffAndonuts
FFR Player

I can't stress this enough for beginners: DON'T LOOK AT SCORE!

If you want to compare outings for a song...don't look at score...look at misses. Because, score is made up of mostly the max combo you had...and they vary so much and they don't tell you if you are improving. You could get a real good combo and then screw up later in the end. That doesn't show you anything on the score sheet.

If you feel the need have a score to compare...do the IN GAME score...not the FINAL score.
Old 03-9-2003, 09:04 AM   #30
KittyX
FFR Player

But my final score is just as bad as the in-game score. -.-; lol It's okay, I'll figure it out. Just a little bit more time on the easy games and I'll get the hang of it. My computer is just sometimes slow on the songs (i have my e-mail open, AIM, MSN, Nortan Anti-Virus, and all of this stuff going), so I have to press the button right before the arrowbeat gets to the top. It screws me up badly. I try closing the stuff, still doesn't work. Oddly enough, my friend's computer, which runs slower, has more quality, and a different Windows system (ME, I have XP), plays better on FFR. 0_o; At her house and on her computer, I can actually beat Terror from Beyond, Mario with a great score (still not enough for the highscore), and get more than halfway through on Get on the Move. ^_^
Old 03-9-2003, 09:07 AM   #31
JeffAndonuts
FFR Player

Here's a big tip: At the genre menu, at the top right is the setting for quality...if you set it to 1, it'll run smoother.
Old 03-9-2003, 09:12 AM   #32
KittyX
FFR Player

I believe it's already set like that. I dunno. I'll have to check, but thanks. ^_^
Old 03-9-2003, 10:01 AM   #33
nestlekwik
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to nestlekwik

The Yoshi song immediately follows The Legend of Zelda.
nestlekwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2003, 11:32 AM   #34
KittyX
FFR Player

0_o What's with that? How does Yoshi relate to Legend of Zelda? >XD lol M'kies, then, that just shows how good my friend is. 0_o;;
Old 03-9-2003, 11:43 AM   #35
JeffAndonuts
FFR Player

If you get past the first 144 notes (the zelda portion)...you get to a Yoshi section.
Old 03-9-2003, 12:12 PM   #36
KittyX
FFR Player

But still, what does that have to do with Legend of Zelda? It'd make more sense if, as I thought it was, after Mario.
Old 03-9-2003, 12:32 PM   #37
JeffAndonuts
FFR Player

That's just the way they had it. No big deal.
Old 03-9-2003, 12:32 PM   #38
DJwo56
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyX
But still, what does that have to do with Legend of Zelda? It'd make more sense if, as I thought it was, after Mario.
hahaha you know what. That's totally true! Nice one Kit. :P
Old 03-9-2003, 12:53 PM   #39
KittyX
FFR Player

^__^ Thanks, DJwo. Maybe it was to bring more of a challenge, because Legend of Zelda is harder than Mario. But why isn't the Yoshi level it's own number, then? 0_o;

Ignore me. -.-;
Old 03-9-2003, 01:06 PM   #40
DJwo56
FFR Player

Now why would I wanna do that.. But yeah I agree all the way girl power!!

UH OH OMG WHAT DID I JUST SAY!!!!!!!!!!

****For reference Im a guy and no im not fruity it was supposed to be funny****

-DJWO