Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 04:13 PM   #2361
Wells Fargo
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXVIII: Capitalism [Game Thread]

If McDonalds is a wolf, how does she not have free reign over the nightkills given how AFK the wolfteam has been? How does she ever make those nightkills?

Plus, her (apparent) ignorance that Marlboro was a wolf, and her continued push onto Alibaba just doesn't feel wolfy.

Idk.

I need a bit of a break after writing a post like that.

I do want input about my night action theory though. I'll make a separate post for it.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:15 PM   #2362
Wells Fargo
FFR Player

N1:
Apple wolfkilled
WalMart moved somewhere else (almost certainly China Mobile)
Disney vigikilled

N2:
Wells Fargo wolfkilled
China Mobile moved somewhere else (almost certainly GE)
Amazon vigikilled

n3:
Ge wolfkilled
Acquisitioner moves from GE to... someone else idk who
Vigikill MIA

do we think this is what happened? If no, what do you think happened?

the only alternative I can see is China Mobile being a combination of the wolfkill and the acquisitioner moving to GE, and that doesn't really change anything.

Its /possible/ that the acquisitioner hasn't moved since N1, the wolves killed China Mobile and GE, but that one just doesn't feel right.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:16 PM   #2363
Wells Fargo
FFR Player

The reason the acquisitioner not moving since N1 doesn't feel right to me is because there is no explanation for GE not shooting last night.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:17 PM   #2364
Wells Fargo
FFR Player

I think I just figured out who GE was if he wasn't acquired, which is actually kind of hilarious. I should've figured that out sooner.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:19 PM   #2365
Wells Fargo
FFR Player

Also kind of explains the (slightly) schizophrenic shot of Disney, and the willingness to shoot me if he wasn't acquired...

I need to think about this a bit more.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:23 PM   #2366
McDonalds
FFR Player

i actually don't know why people think google is town too
Old 06-13-2017, 04:26 PM   #2367
McDonalds
FFR Player

that being said i still wanna kill alibaba lol
Old 06-13-2017, 04:31 PM   #2368
Shell
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonalds View Post
i actually don't know why people think google is town too
Better than YOOOOOOOOOOU
Old 06-13-2017, 04:32 PM   #2369
Wells Fargo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
Largely unordered within the tiers.

I don't believe I have all the wolves read as wolves, so don't bother asking me whether certain people can be teamed together. This is a start.

VV
Wells Fargo. Our heads are in similar places right about now, and I value that as a sign of villageriness.
Walmart. They have had acceptable catch-ups, and have been pinging out people who are all bark and no bite.

V
Disney. As I said before, I believe I know who this person is, so where some might see their posting as strange, I see it as fully within their range. They're up here particularly for a few posts like actually making a reads list of Lil B songs and showing general self-awareness of their posting, the first post I picked out of theirs notwithstanding.
Starbucks. I don't like the case they're making against Visa, but it in itself is respectable to notice and identify. They also seem like they're having fun in the thread, which I would not peg as an anonymous-wolf tendency.
China Mobile. Their stance on acquisition and people's reactions to it, since it's taken up much of early discussion, is a good look.
Google has also had some perceptive thoughts, including asking Walmart about one of Alibaba Group's comments that Walmart really just misread and thought was unclear.
Alibaba Group has given a number of reads and thoughts in rather few posts which I like. I only wish their time allowed for interacting with both their town core and their suspicions.
Visa. I think all of Visa's posts can exist in the same universe and I don't understand the case several are making against them. Probably my lightest V read, because them treating people recognizing their meta like an expectation is not great for an anon game.

N
Marlboro. Absolutely nothing to go on.
Amazon. I don't think they ever got back to me on why they were specifically singling Facebook out when others seemed guilty of similar behavior, but they also noticed IBM at least trying to participate, which should be the main basis for our reads anyway. They posted the convertcase link, which while it "trivializes" IBM's gimmick, is a small thing that at least helps other people read their content. One nice thing, one not-so-nice thing, balances out.
GE. I have trouble figuring out their mindset. They've pushed a few people to do things, but have aggressively wanted credit for doing so, and that was in reaction to Visa voting them.
Microsoft. They've been pretty absent and thought expression, while there, is rather terse. Want to hear more.

W
Shell. This is newer, and the one potential association I can see right now. Shell presented a case they considered enough to vote Toyota after they'd previously posted that Toyota seemed fine, but then unvoted after what I consider a minor correction to their case. It's a case I would have called good enough for a first day, as well, and Toyota hasn't posted themselves out of that hole. They've also raised an issue with Disney but it hasn't seemed to stick. Even with Shell's thread presence, I can't tell where they sit on things, since they seem more inclined to opportunism and seizing posts in the moment.
Verizon. I'm with Wells Fargo in that going about the first day by trying to solve the Acquisitioner already is a fruitless strategy, but this is the subject of one of Verizon's longer posts. They also came in not expecting much that was serious, but then they continued to post frivolous comments as the game transitioned into its serious phase. They've mentioned a lack of available time, but they've also not given much over to making serious things happen. They also have no real reads that I can find.
IBM. They've recently hired a new CEO, to my understanding. I don't intend to hold them accountable to the actions of their prior, but their not posting for an entire real-time day is not a good look.

WW
Toyota. Largely a tone read here. Toyota constantly remarks about how first days are hard and has spent many words being skittish about sharing thoughts. That reads more like they're trying hard not to spew anyone. They also keep reiterating a "non-vanilla" read which needs to stop.
Facebook. Shows up, routinely posts fluff, and (I believe) wanted to spoil IBM's identity.
UPS. Also content to just check in and buddy Amazon that one time.
McDonalds. They're focused on Amazon, whose posts make sense to me, to a point beyond just not recognizing "wolfy punctuation" as a stylistic meme. Not a fan of their votes on Visa and their about-face on Toyota (similar to what Shell did, but in the opposite direction) from earlier.

I think I also want to believe that all of these townreads are right (aside from WalMart obv but that one doesn't count). The wolves probably shit themselves when they saw this list if that was the case, and the wolves just have to kill the guy who gives a perfect town circle that large on d0.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:34 PM   #2370
Wells Fargo
FFR Player

gonna iso Microsoft and GE real quick
Old 06-13-2017, 04:41 PM   #2371
Wells Fargo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
Would you rather I shoot UPS?
oh yeah, this is another reason to kill Apple, I forgot that happened
Old 06-13-2017, 04:42 PM   #2372
McDonalds
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Better than YOOOOOOOOOOU
i mean, not in my eyes but okay.

wells got it right though
Old 06-13-2017, 04:44 PM   #2373
Wells Fargo
FFR Player

Quote:
i mean, not in my eyes but okay.

wells got it right though
what did I get right?
Old 06-13-2017, 04:50 PM   #2374
Wells Fargo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE View Post
I don't know who anyone in this game is except WV when he posted his handwriting.
pretty sure I know who GE was, at least on day 1, because there's really only one person that plays TWG that fits this bill
Old 06-13-2017, 04:53 PM   #2375
Wells Fargo
FFR Player

maybe I was giving the wolfteam too much credit
maybe China Mobile was wolfed
Old 06-13-2017, 04:54 PM   #2376
McDonalds
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells Fargo View Post
what did I get right?
me being town lol
Old 06-13-2017, 04:56 PM   #2377
Alibaba Group
FFR Player

No, asking about an authentication for me wasn't cover. I implore you never to forget to consider the possibility that somebody was acquisitioned before their identity was established.

That being said, I am not the acquisitioner and I'm not the worst cover in the world which has me worried that I might be acquired in the future.

In which case if I can be authenticated that's probably a free catch right there.

I need to do some serious reading. I'm kind of at the point where there's a lot of meta going on, and even if I know people's identities, and have an idea of their meta, reading interactions on this level of meta is just something I don't have the experience to do.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:56 PM   #2378
Google
FFR Player

Quote:
I personally think I have a really good read on the player in the McDonalds slot. Yeah, I've been fucked before, but most of those were a while ago, and I do have some small things that I've been looking at. I kind of already know what your response to this point is going to be, but when she was getting pushed on and made the line "If I get lynched now after I first start trying then I swear..." or something like that I don't remember the exact wording, felt pretty townie to me. I wasn't the one to call this post out, I don't' remember who was, maybe shell. McDonalds is also more likely to joke about being a wolf as town than as a wolf, and some little things while they were joking felt townie to me; it didn't feel like a wolf joking about being a wolf, at least not to me. McDonalds also pushed Verizon really hard when she didn't have to. Wasn't that hard of a push at all. Was just like 2-3 one line posts about how they're inactive, and then they switched votes to i think facebook.If the game plan was to bus Verizon (Roleblocker Wolf) after UPS (vested wolf) died, then it makes no sense for McDonalds to try to save Marlboro (Vanilla Wolf) yesterday. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Can kinda see that, but multiple people have disagreed and you'd have to ask for their thoughts on that, I quoted those below this post

Microsoft is in a similar spot for me but for completely different reasons. Town has done an incredible job lynching wolves thus far, I don't think anyone can disagree with that point. Yes, Microsoft's votes early on were worthless, and I do think that this is a point against this slot being town. After that, however, Microsoft was pushing elsewhere (McDonalds) for most of the phase This was one of my points against him was that mcdonalds' defense was good in that argument, and microsoft 'couldn't let them go'. I thought it was a bad vote, and voted Marlboro "for pressure" once it became clear that Marlboro was dead as shit. Now, this might melt your brain, but I think this is townie for similar reasons as to why McDonalds is townie for trying to save Marlboro (though McDonalds is more townie for it for sure). Not sure how the reasons are similar. I can get the idea on mcdonalds, but not on microsoft. A nail in the coffin is not townie points.

Alibaba I can't really say much about, they probably should die. I think they're more likely to be a wolf than the acquisitioner, but I don't really want to fight someone if they disagree here. I don't think its likely he asked how he would know whether he was acquired or not or whatever the question was, get a response from me, and then still pretend to be dumb, it just isn't how dumbtells play out in my experience. He could be a wolf though, the game just would make a lot less sense to me in that case. Yeah i wasn't sure which of wolf or acquisitioner they would be

A point against you more than anyone else is my current nightkill theory, which right now is the only thing that makes sense to me, really points to the wolfteam having a competent member making competent kills.

My current theory is:

N1:
Apple wolfkilled
WalMart moved somewhere else (almost certainly China Mobile)
Disney vigikilled

this is the easy one, I think we all agree that this is what happened. Apple is a GOOD wolfkill because he was doing more work than everyone else, and we also can look back at Apple's reads list and see that his reads were pretty fuckin' good. Killing people for putting in work isn't really a smart kill but a fear kill.

N2:
Wells Fargo wolfkilled
China Mobile moved somewhere else (almost certainly GE)
Amazon vigikilled

this one is a bit tricky to put together. China Mobile makes very, very little sense as a wolfkill, especially considering the n1 and n3 wolfkills (I'll get to the n3 one in a bit) really seem like they weren't made by TWG playing Chimpanzees like a wolfkill on China Mobile seems. China Mobile also just feels like they were acquired because of the almost completely dropped roleplay. I make sense to be the wolfkill because of the story that the wolves were telling. The story was "We don't want people who vote for wolves and do work to be alive," and Apple and I fit both of those. China Mobile just makes no goddamn sense after the Apple kill. You can basically rule out China Mobile being a power role, ESPECIALLY if they were acquired (but the wolves wouldn't know that, I am saying this point in hindsight), because its such an easy way out of being lynched, and it really was close between the two wagons. The China Mobile kill, if they were wolfkilled, is a kill of incompetence. The night 1 and likely night 3 kills are not. A team of Marlboro and AFK Alibaba (probably 0 presence or very little presence in wolfchat so it would basically be Marlboro by himself deciding) killing me doesn't really make sense, and a team of them + Verizon killing Apple makes I guess a bit more sense, but its still really strange, at least to me. A team of those two killing China Mobile is not at all impossible, but then n3 makes no fuckin sense because GE was almost certainly acquired, because he didn't shoot anyone. The only reason I can see for that is because he was acquired. There is literally no reason not to shoot. Shell pointed out a while ago that seer-immune is just a lot better than 1-shot bulletproof in this setup, and I think he's right, so I don't think GE popped a vest. We know the doctor was roleblocked, so the wolfkill getting blocked or saved is impossible, and so is the vigikill. Basically, the wolfkill being China Mobile made little sense on D2, and now on D4, it makes practically none. The only, and I mean only, possible alternative I see to it is that the wolfkill was China Mobile AND China Mobile attempted to acquire someone else, but it still requires the wolfkill to make very, very little sense.

(As an aside, if you are right about China Mobile being the wolfkill, I think the reasoning behind it that you provided on D3 *is* the reasons why they would kill China Mobile, its just still a bad kill)
Yeah, I was confused too. I made a post about that when people were questioning it.I threw out the shit about china mobile as a possibility. Now that we know the role usages though, a nightkill on you seems the most likely, but with the work you were putting in,
it's not really a 'smart' wolf kill like hunting for PRs but again, sort of a fear kill.

n3:
Ge wolfkilled
Acquisitioner moves from GE to... someone else idk who

Mostly said it already, but wolfkill couldn't have been blocked or saved given the info that we have currently. Makes no goddamn sense for GE not to shoot, his kill couldn't have been blocked or saved, the only wolf left is the godfather, who is not nightkill immune, and the acquisitioner is not likely to pick 1-shot bulletproof. Last wolf really has no choice but to kill the vigi, they're the biggest threat to the wolfteam, they just have to hope that the doc doesn't save GE and saves Shell or gets blocked or was the acquisitioner or something. Their back is against the wall. Not really smart pick then, rather the obvious common-sense pick

So you're probably wondering why I've typed all this shit out in a case against you being a wolf.

Basically, I think the wolfkills make the most sense if they have you as a wolf, mainly because they aren't trash and appear to be pretty sensical.

McDonalds kills people for meme factor. I think McDonalds is town, and the wolfkills don't really look like McDonalds would make them anyways. assumption

Microsoft probably doesn't make kills like those, though I suppose its more likely. based on what?

Alibaba was afk, so its really just up to Marlboro to make a kill on night 3 most likely, and I don't think they kill me there. Marlboro has talked before about trying to win as a wolf by means of atrophy (similar to how Shell makes wolfkills), and killing me would do the opposite of that. Talked before as in this game (I missed it?) or you know who they are? And Charu doesn't just make kills for chaos, it's a mixture of that and looking for PRs.The biggest obstacle I have is that I /could/ be wrong about the wolfkill on n2, and they just chimped out a killed China Mobile.

It really just leaves you. You would make those nightkills. Apple is a good player, I know you could see that, and you would want them dead. I would have voted on two wolves by n2, you would want me gone more than anyone else in the POE. GE was a kill you would be forced to make because you are competent.

Additionally, it FEELS like Verizon was bused looking at the wagon. Facebook has pointed out that the China Mobile wagon was nothing but confirmed town (minus him but he's confirmed now), so wolves should be on the Verizon wagon most likely if they're active. You would need town points to go deep in this game because you could tell you were on a team with 3 potatoes. You also just deepwolf a lot of the time in general. Difference between this game and the game I one was with both the number of players in the game making me not have to get through more phases to win, and the PRs that game being incompetent and not talking to eachother. Bussing here early is suicide due to the amount of PRs alive we have right now. It's unwinnable. I don't really understand how you can call me scum because of 'smart wolf play' but then use this whole thing as a point.

Another thing too is to look at how was also on Verizon: mcdonalds. You probably won't care though because assumption that mcdonalds only kills because memes

I could be wrong here. It could be Alibaba, there's a small chance its Microsoft (him telling people to shut the fuck up when he was getting pushed on just kind of feels outside of his wolf range though), it just feels like its you to me. The night actions don't really make sense to me otherwise.

A wolfteam of Microsoft and Marlboro killing China Mobile is just too ????????? in my mind. I'd like to think Microsoft wouldn't make a kill that bad, and I don't think you would kill China Mobile there.

I think I've said everything now.
I think the whole argument with wolfkills isn't as valid as you think it is. A smart player hunting through wolfkills would be looking for clues of PRs to get them out early rather than them being left with what we have now, only missing the vigi. Instead they were going after people that were posting a lot, and then once roles are outed, they need to take out vigi because that's another chance for them to die. That's not smart, that's just common sense. Shell kinda nailed it here with 'paranoia' due to one game I played.

I appreciate you waiting for the case and wanting to respond/refute it rather than just calling me bad for wolfreading you, that was a mark of class.
Quote:
ok well i hope yall are right with malboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GE View Post
Wolf partner of Marlboro if it's a hit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbucks View Post
if marlboro is wolf, look into mcdonald's
So as a whole, don't really agree with you on mcdonalds, and others have agreed (2 of our PRs), and your argument against me is an assumption that all the wolfkills are really smart when they're mainly fearkills for activity (apple, you (possibly)) or common sense (GE). And I can see a lot of not as competent players making fearkills.
A bit insulting you don't think I would try more to hunt for PRs because I most definately would. I couldn't the game I won because when the roles were outed, they were doctors that could save eachother so I was forced to pick off towns every phase.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:00 PM   #2379
Google
FFR Player

Quote:
oh yeah, this is another reason to kill Apple, I forgot that happened
You saying I'm a smart player and then saying that I'd believe that post from apple and use that as a reason to kill is also a bit insulting.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:01 PM   #2380
Google
FFR Player

wells fargo needs to not confuse smart wolf play and competency with fearkills for activity
Closed Thread