McDonalds
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXVIII: Capitalism [Game Thread]

Ba Da Ba Ba Bah, I'm Lovin' It!
Old 06-2-2017, 02:24 PM   #102
McDonalds
FFR Player

China Mobile is my new favorite person. Also, semi-serious vote on Visa for speculating about how many wolves there are. That's a really easy way to look town, because only the wolves know how many wolves are in the game.
Old 06-2-2017, 02:31 PM   #103
Apple
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonalds View Post
China Mobile is my new favorite person. Also, semi-serious vote on Visa for speculating about how many wolves there are. That's a really easy way to look town, because only the wolves know how many wolves are in the game.
You're not the first person to say something about the number of wolves in the game and I don't know why people continue to bring it up.

The answer is in the first post. It's 4. The roles posted there are the exact roles in the game. This is known. Everyone knows how many wolves are in the game. If you add the numbers, you will get 20.

This is why I called Visa's post the worst in the thread.
Old 06-2-2017, 02:36 PM   #104
Wells Fargo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonalds View Post
McDonalds

Speculating about someone speculating about the number of wolves being an easy way to look town is an easy way to look town
Old 06-2-2017, 02:36 PM   #105
Apple
FFR Player

Also, IBM is more than a minor annoyance to me given that they're going to keep their gimmick up. It's of negative value to town, obfuscates their posts and makes them look silly.

It also gives them a significant amount of scum equity, since they've already gone to great lengths to make themself never an Acquisition target. It looks like one of: a style the Acquisitioner will never imitate, one they will abandon quickly if they are the Acquisitioner, or a play aimed at making sure the Acquisitioner can't infiltrate the wolves using IBM as a vector. I'm favoring the latter two interpretations.
Old 06-2-2017, 02:40 PM   #106
Apple
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney View Post
yeah, wouldn't want anyone in this game to have a distinct typing style that requires a decent amount of concentration to keep up
oh wait
I also got a snap person-read from this post. However, I pretty much have to be wrong on it.

If I was right, this post would look very good for Disney. However, it would mean they're not moderating their posting style at all in a post that is about distinct typing styles. Those two facts don't mix for me.
Old 06-2-2017, 02:44 PM   #107
Apple
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells Fargo View Post
McDonalds

Speculating about someone speculating about the number of wolves being an easy way to look town is an easy way to look town
Agreed.
Old 06-2-2017, 02:44 PM   #108
Wells Fargo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
I also got a snap person-read from this post. However, I pretty much have to be wrong on it.

If I was right, this post would look very good for Disney. However, it would mean they're not moderating their posting style at all in a post that is about distinct typing styles. Those two facts don't mix for me.
I don't really think you should get caught up in who's who, just who's what. This goes for everyone else as well.
Old 06-2-2017, 02:47 PM   #109
Apple
FFR Player

Quote:
I don't really think you should get caught up in who's who, just who's what. This goes for everyone else as well.
Perhaps focusing it as a read on a specific person was the wrong way to go about it.

Independently of the person, there's not a lot about Disney's posting that is stylistically indicative to me, and that also does not mesh with concern over being distinctive.
Old 06-2-2017, 02:49 PM   #110
Wells Fargo
FFR Player

Quote:
Perhaps focusing it as a read on a specific person was the wrong way to go about it.

Independently of the person, there's not a lot about Disney's posting that is stylistically indicative to me, and that also does not mesh with concern over being distinctive.
I just realized that Xiz recovered an account from 2003 for the sake of this game.

You should feel lucky.
Old 06-2-2017, 02:51 PM   #111
Apple
FFR Player

Quote:
I just realized that Xiz recovered an account from 2003 for the sake of this game.

You should feel lucky.
I think it's fitting. This account was founded in FFR's proverbial garage.
Old 06-2-2017, 02:53 PM   #112
Google
FFR Player

Quote:
It also gives them a significant amount of scum equity, since they've already gone to great lengths to make themself never an Acquisition target. It looks like one of: a style the Acquisitioner will never imitate, one they will abandon quickly if they are the Acquisitioner, or a play aimed at making sure the Acquisitioner can't infiltrate the wolves using IBM as a vector. I'm favoring the latter two interpretations.
This is an interesting take. Not sure exactly how that role works though.
Because of the 'Your previous company gets flipped in return', it seems to me like the acquisitioner wouldn't have to worry about imitating a ceo, since the next phase they'll be flipped anyway when they switch to a different target.
Old 06-2-2017, 02:54 PM   #113
Apple
FFR Player

I'm going for the Flesch-Kincaid clear. If my longer posts rapidly deteriorate in grammatical quality between days or start reading like someone ejaculated a thesaurus, I could be compromised.
Old 06-2-2017, 02:56 PM   #114
Wells Fargo
FFR Player

Quote:
I'm going for the Flesch-Kincaid clear. If my longer posts rapidly deteriorate in grammatical quality between days or start reading like someone ejaculated a thesaurus, I could be compromised.
Ironically, I think I know who you are from this post.
Old 06-2-2017, 02:57 PM   #115
Apple
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Google View Post
This is an interesting take. Not sure exactly how that role works though.
Because of the 'Your previous company gets flipped in return', it seems to me like the acquisitioner wouldn't have to worry about imitating a ceo, since the next phase they'll be flipped anyway when they switch to a different target.
They take over the company they target. This means they must imitate that company for at least a day.

Given that takeovers can apparently happen nightly, it's powerful, but I disagree that they wouldn't have to worry about imitation.
Old 06-2-2017, 02:59 PM   #116
Apple
FFR Player

Quote:
Ironically, I think I know who you are from this post.
I did not use a thesaurus in writing the post.

I don't think that will affect your read, though.
Old 06-2-2017, 03:03 PM   #117
Wells Fargo
FFR Player

Quote:
I did not use a thesaurus in writing the post.

I don't think that will affect your read, though.
Nah, I know for sure now.

The change you've made is noticeable, but even breaking out a dusty thesaurus instead of a brand new one won't change anything.

You guys are pretty lucky I'm not the whatever its called, I'd wipe the floor with you fools.
Old 06-2-2017, 03:08 PM   #118
Apple
FFR Player

Quote:
Nah, I know for sure now.

The change you've made is noticeable, but even breaking out a dusty thesaurus instead of a brand new one won't change anything.

You guys are pretty lucky I'm not the whatever its called, I'd wipe the floor with you fools.
Well, I thought a bit of a change would help. I think unmodified me is a little too easy to copy.

On the other hand, you're now in charge of making sure I'm me
Old 06-2-2017, 03:13 PM   #119
Google
FFR Player

Quote:
They take over the company they target. This means they must imitate that company for at least a day.

Given that takeovers can apparently happen nightly, it's powerful, but I disagree that they wouldn't have to worry about imitation.
Yeah, I'm stupid and forgot they'd have to do it for that one day before switching to new target, otherwise they'd be lynched. That's a pretty good point then.
Old 06-2-2017, 03:28 PM   #120
Apple
FFR Player

Hey, Google's also from 2003.

Pleasure to be your contemporary.
Closed Thread