Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Other Music Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-4-2003, 10:30 PM   #41
witeasprinwow
FFR Player

Paradox - You're PAINFULLY forgetting PSM on oni difficulty, which is MUCH more than paranoia survivor with mirror on (BTW, that's basically the way the steps got re-arranged, except they added some new ones due to different sound patters being in the song)...

I can see what you say about LoM not being as hard as MaxX though... If I remember correctly, someone's gotten one great on LoM, while the closest anybody's gotten on MaxX is one miss... (And LoM is full-comboed much more often, while most AA's on MaxX invlove most/all perfects except for several misses)

So deep being one of the hardest songs in the game? What the fuck? It's not that hard once you learn the assist tick... I mean, I'd say more people fail So Deep on thier first try than, say, Matsuri Japan, but I'd also say that Matsuri Japan is a lot harder to PA on...
witeasprinwow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2003, 07:19 PM   #42
Paradox137
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Paradox137

You're right, I did forget that Survivor Max had an Oni to it... I haven't played the Oni version, though, so I'll try that next time I hit the arcade.

I can virtually AA So Deep every time, but let's break it down... look at it. First time you see it or play it, it's very mentally intimidating. Not only that, but there isn't a single other song that's comprised of only gallops, which, I'm afraid to say, are hard for most people to do. I've seen lots of people playing Cow Girl to learn the gallops, which is really irritating.
Paradox137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2003, 07:21 PM   #43
Paradox137
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Paradox137

Also, it goes the same saying that it's easy to learn every song as soon as you learn the assist tick. Most other songs follow an 8th-note format, at least most of the hard songs do, especially Max300. It's all 8th notes. What makes it hard is the speed, and that's it.
Paradox137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2003, 10:23 PM   #44
blahblahblah
FFR Player

yea i failed so deep the first time i played it, but now after about five times, i can pass it pretty easily. i cant pass any max songs though, i just run out of endurance and stamina. so deep is definitely much easier
blahblahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2003, 11:25 PM   #45
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

I beat so So Deep, first time 3x. Then I got worse and worse.

Wtf?

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
QreepyBORIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 06:36 PM   #46
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

ok, my ratings:
So Deep=A
Max300=B
MaxX=C
im guessing, havnt played extreme yet:LoM=C
LoM=Drop Out on Crack with Much Harder Steps
thats what i call it.Max300 isnt very hard, just fast. LoM has tons of technicality, like tons of eighth notes with jumps to wear you out, then a long run at the end. and i said EXCLUDING ONI DIFFICULTY SONGS. noone ever listens to me!! sobsobsob
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 07:35 PM   #47
witeasprinwow
FFR Player

We heard you, it's just that nobody understands why you would want to exclude songs with oni difficulites... They're songs too...
witeasprinwow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 10:07 AM   #48
RMMD
FFR Player

hey i've been off for a while. anyway, i can get 6 steps away from fc maxx on standard. i only miss steps right next to the end. but maxx on heavy is STARTIN TO PISS ME OFF! theres a guy at my arcade whos always givin me tips too but i still cant get all the way through! DAMMIT
Old 07-17-2005, 05:20 PM   #49
jcalame
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to jcalame Send a message via AIM to jcalame Send a message via MSN to jcalame Send a message via Yahoo to jcalame Send a message via Skype™ to jcalame

Here's a real suggestion apart from what's been said already:

Play every other song in the game. Really. Don't skip a single one. On DDRUK.com there are 1,913 official songs available, and even if you don't play any edit data, there are approximately 5,000 steps written for all difficulties combined on Single play alone. Play all of them on fingers and on feet, once through. Play all of them once without repeating any, and if you're playing properly and frequently, any of those songs you try for the second time, you will guaranteeably get an A, and almost guaranteeably AA.

And then the arcade for MAXX Unlimited:
Play four to five sets, chosen by BPM, in slightly increasing order. Play songs that feature a lot of Voltage (left left left, right right right, etc.)
Start at the tempo 128 or higher. Move to 130, 135, 138, 140, 140, 144, 145, 148 (DXY!), 150, 150, 154, 155, 160, 165, 169, 170, 170, 172, 174, 176, 180, and THEN play MAXX UNLIMITED. MAXX UNLIMTED BPM is 150-160 at its core, so this strategy will acclimate you to the feel of songs faster than those tempos (170-180), which will make the song feel very slow, and give you the clarity of mind to be able to approach the song without fear, which will save you a lot of energy and a lot of worry. You'll start the song, and I promise you you'll be saying GOSH this feels so slow!

That's the kind of mindset you need to beat the hell out of MAXX Unlimited. Try it. If I can full combo/AA MAX 300 with this pattern every time I play it, then you can pass MAXX Unlimited, regardless of how young or light you are. Making your brain understand patterns is 96% of mastering this game. If you can sightread [i.e. play for the first time] anything, on Left, Right, Shuffle--doesn't matter what mods you have--and you're still getting the same scores as you would in normal, modless play, then you are ready to approach 10 footers. I earnestly challenge you to attempt every step, at every difficulty. I promise the results you seek. And I will happily act as the final word here and say No, you do not hold the bar. Redirecting the distribution of your weight onto your arms does not prepare your legs for difficult songs, and it is your legs that play the game. End of story.

Best of luck!

P.S. If you decide not to download Stepmania and the complete DDR package from DDRUK, then do not scruple to play every available song and step from DDR 8th Mix or 7th Mix (whichever you're using to conquer MAXX). If it's 8th Mix Buy yourself two memory cards (or just buy a three-PSOne-memory card set). Configure them to save scores on an 8th Mix machine (you'll need a modded PSX and the PSX version of 5th Mix to do this), and then go to the arcade and play every song and step in the game. You'll need two cards for 8th Mix because the game is just that big. But DO this. Find a machine that supports memory cards, if yours does not. Play every song. Straight through, pick a format--you can go by Alphabet; you can go by Mix; you can go by BPM; but whatever you do, don't skip anything. When you've filled up the first card (a card can hold about 160 of the 235 songs, pick right up on the second card where you left off). Once a card is filled, you can use it to play any of the 160 songs you got on there, at any difficulty, and on Doubles, too. Once you've played every song once, you'll have goals for yourself, standards to raise, records to break. Before you know it, every song will be equally achieveable in your eyes, and you won't even feel nervous about choosing MAXX Unlimited.
jcalame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 09:29 PM   #50
SMGod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SMGod Send a message via MSN to SMGod

how about a better idea? practice? Advice like this crap doesn't help
Old 07-18-2005, 10:46 PM   #51
Chancellor_Rayden
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Chancellor_Rayden Send a message via Skype™ to Chancellor_Rayden

icalame you retard ._.

edit: Danceguy your grammar used to be atrocious =(