Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-2-2014, 10:13 PM   #2641
TWG Little Mac
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CXXIV: Super Smash Brothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Pit View Post
If I don't die I'll be around more, but I'm still fully expecting to be dead.

but if I don't die
hype actually I don't trust myself to be helpful to the town wolves kill me
and to clarify, I'm referencing this.

Where you believe you will die, but then you say that you WANT them to kill you, as if there's a chance you won't.
Old 11-2-2014, 10:16 PM   #2642
TWG Pit
FFR Player

most likely will

Yes, I doubted Greninja's claim when he claimed, and I was frustrated because since there was the possibility of multiple oracles, I could not counter-claim myself.
Then Mega Man said that there is likely just one Oracle in the game, and seeing how the entire thing with Bowser panned out, I trsted him.

Idk what you mean by wishy washy, but I didn't know what to do with my oracle role. I felt like while I would want to die at some point, I also didn't want to die at the beginning of the game since a late game flip would be much more valuable, so I was purposely slipping some strange stuff when I wrote so that the wolves would let me live. Obviously I didn't think this out too well, but meh.

That last quote was just me being silly. Of course I don't want to die in this game.
Old 11-2-2014, 10:22 PM   #2643
TWG Little Mac
FFR Player

I just ask because the Oracle's role is used when they are killed and BOTH of you being legitimate Oracles suddenly hard claiming before the auto win strategy discussion means that we go from a possibility of have two potential cardflips to zero potential cardlfips just like that. I couldn't see it any other way than I huge hit to the human side.

I think maybe you just got a bit excited and yeah the whole counterclaiming, I can SEE how that's concerning.

But it's not outlandish to have both of you in that role, especially because a medic could be absent this game or something? It just hurts because you are a huge target in that respect now, and we've seen from Greninja's outcome that she didn't even get to use her power.

So in summary, I'm salty and confused about it.
Old 11-2-2014, 10:33 PM   #2644
TWG Pit
FFR Player

Yeah, sorry for what happened !!!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 11-2-2014, 10:34 PM   #2645
TWG Little Mac
FFR Player

it's just twg, life moves on~
Old 11-3-2014, 12:08 AM   #2646
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

In the night...

King Dedede got a job offer at a maid cafe due to his student loans piling up.

He was a Townie. Day 10 starts now, will end on November 3rd @ 11:59pm server

Old 11-3-2014, 08:29 AM   #2647
TWG Link
FFR Player

Villager, would appreciate it if you would actually post something. I think you're suspected by everyone here at this point. And considering it's MYLO, we can't afford any mistakes.

Paranoid about Pit not dying, but still going to trust her tentatively because the Oracle claim still seems legitimate to me.

I'm busy with work and classes for most of this morning and afternoon, but I'll be home a few hours before the phase ends and try to devote all my time to figuring things out. Let's try to get some posts in when we can and make sure to be online at end of day if possible.
Old 11-3-2014, 08:34 AM   #2648
TWG Pit
FFR Player

ok wolves, ok

Most likely Little Mac and Villager though guys. I just don't get why I wasn't killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Little Mac View Post
You also used your possession of a role to explain why you've been a bit wishy washy this game, and now to explain why you're most likely not going to be killed tonight.
This looks like a slip if you think about it. This was probably sent after the wolves sent in their kill to Xiz.

Cya tonight if you guys are going to be around.
Old 11-3-2014, 11:52 AM   #2649
TWG Little Mac
FFR Player

Not a slip. Tried clarifying what I meant in the next post.

You said you were most likely going to die, but then you hinted you may not die and explicitly told the wolves to kill you. (That post I quoted)

You already answered that for me though.

be back from work around 8:30-9 tonight guys. I'll do what I can from here on my phone though in the meantime.
Old 11-3-2014, 07:35 PM   #2650
TWG Link
FFR Player

I'm here now.
I haven't eaten anything since 7AM, so I'll probably leave to eat something in a bit, but I want to start getting my gears going.

I'm hoping for Villager-Little Mac, but honestly, I'm not even entirely confident on that, so I'm going to start from zero and look at everyone with a clean slate. Based on that (and knowing I'm town), there are only 6 possibilities for me to analyze:

Little Mac
Mega Man

Little Mac
Pit

Little Mac
Villager

Mega Man
Pit

Mega Man
Villager

Pit
Villager

Yes, I realize this is a bit silly, but I'm not going to miss a beat if I can help it.

Going to start looking through the topic now and finding support and refutation of all the pairings.
Old 11-3-2014, 07:51 PM   #2651
TWG Link
FFR Player

Quote:
Done catching up! Yikes. I gotta head to class soon so this might not be the best update ever, but I'll have some time in an hour so here goes nothing!!!

I really like Link, especially in the long post he made. You brought up some good points about a few players in the game, and I'm okay with Ike now.

Villager is someone I wouldn't want to see gone, mostly because his play seems too weird to be lynch-worthy.

I'm kinda okay with Peach, Her (lol his) reaction post to Wii Fit Trainer's death was a bit weird, but we know who Peach is now so I see that as a reason to keep him around.

I still really don't like Sonic. And Yoshi. I'm pretty sure I know who Yoshi is too.

I find Bowser still a bit off but not someone I'd want gone today.

Pikachu just shouldn't die this phase. Completely useless lynch.

I can hop on a Megaman wagon for pushing on a Mario lynch when really there's other pretty inactive people.

I wouldn't want to see a KiTB between Mario and Pikachu. I thought the rule for D1 was to try to gain information from a lynch.
What would a lynch between those two really give us.
Bowser was on the Megaman lynch too at the time. I also don't see such an avid busser in Pit. Pit-Megaman is out.
Old 11-3-2014, 08:00 PM   #2652
TWG Link
FFR Player

Actually, I want to pose a question. To what degree do you all believe bussing occurred between the wolves? With 6 wolves, it would be absurd for them not to have at least gone so far as vote each other. But do you think they would push for lynches?

Mostly asking because part of my confusion in finding a pairing is that we've all more or less suspected one another at one point.
Old 11-3-2014, 08:01 PM   #2653
TWG Link
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Little Mac View Post
As you pointed out, there are likely to be candidates from both sections. However, I am more comfortable at this point to place a vote on a person who has amassed a great amount of posts/posted substantially so that in the case it is a "bad" lynch, it is still a "revealing" lynch. This gives us the opportunity to branch out to new leads as opposed to punching someone's lights out before and having nothing to show for it.

btw I've watched a complete playthrough of my premiere game and still have no idea how to roleplay based on it so I'm just going to start posting normally. I apologize.

I see villager bouncing around here firing off green/red/mason bros I don't even know and it's a bit unsettling. I'm resting my vote here and preparing to be told why I'm wrong by Villager himself. lol.

While I see the reasoning behind the Mega Man lynch, I feel people are jumping at this far too quickly. Sure, singling out Mario is very arbitrary, but his continued posting and the support for his own decision felt green to me. Be cautious about who is jumping where for what reason because as I was reading it through the first time myself I was just like, "Okay, but why?"
Noteworthy, I believe. Day 0 vote for Villager, though it seems tentative.
Old 11-3-2014, 08:05 PM   #2654
TWG Pit
FFR Player

hey sorry i'm actually gonna be busy until ~10:30 server time

But to answer Link's question, I'd think that they'd bus each other, and while they wouldn't be adamantly forcing lynches on their partners, they wouldn't mind bussing one or two in a large game like this.

If they were pushing for a lynch on their partners, it'd probably be earlier in the game when they had more numbers.
Old 11-3-2014, 08:12 PM   #2655
TWG Villager
FFR Player

hey guys
Old 11-3-2014, 08:12 PM   #2656
TWG Villager
FFR Player

alright i got some catching up to do because wow i had a very busy weekend lessee what we got
Old 11-3-2014, 08:14 PM   #2657
TWG Link
FFR Player

Quote:
IMO it looks pretty difficult to emulate stream-of-consciousness type posts for a wolf.

I don't really have anything on Captain Falcon either. I checked his post count and it's in the 40's, but a lot of his posts feel like empty space.
Response to a discussion between Little Mac and Charizard regarding Villager.
Old 11-3-2014, 08:15 PM   #2658
TWG Link
FFR Player

omg villager FINALLY
Old 11-3-2014, 08:16 PM   #2659
TWG Link
FFR Player

okay now where is megaman
Old 11-3-2014, 08:16 PM   #2660
TWG Link