Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-2-2014, 01:23 AM   #2621
TWG Link
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CXXIV: Super Smash Brothers

oietoshiueshifhdsifdsfdsf

Okay, I really screwed up my reads then. I was opting for Dedede to be partners with Yoshi primarily for his defense of him, but seeing as Yoshi's human, I guess I screwed that up too. Sorry, Dedede, even after you've kept defending me.

Honestly at a loss now regarding wolves. Literally everyone has something human going for them to me so ugh.
Old 11-2-2014, 01:32 AM   #2622
TWG King Dedede
FFR Player

REMAINING PLAYERS:

DEDEDE
LINK
LITTLE MAC
MEGA MAN
PIT
VILLAGER

LOOKS LIKE THIS GAME WILL PROBABLY GO TO 3-2 STARTING NEXT DAY PHASE. THAT'S 3 TOWN, 2 WOLVES. ALSO KNOWN AS MUST-LYNCH, ALSO KNOWN AS LYNCH-OR-LOSE. CALL IT WHAT YOU WANT. IT'S THE BUSINESS END OF THE GAME.

HERE IS THE DRILL. HERE IS THE MOTHERFUCKING DRILL.

DO NOT VOTE WHEN THE DAY PHASE STARTS.

YOU CAN INDICATE INTENT TO VOTE SOMEONE HOWEVER YOU WANT. PUT SOMEONE'S NAME IN ITALICS, OR POST AN IMAGE OF THEM, OR SOMETHING. DO NOT PLACE AN ACTUAL VOTE.

THERE WILL BE A DISCUSSION FOR THE NEXT LYNCH. THE DISCUSSION AND YOUR REVIEW OF THE ENTIRE GAME WILL GUIDE YOUR DECISION.

WHEN YOU FINALLY PLACE YOUR VOTE LATER ON IN THE PHASE, YOU MUST BE SET ON YOUR VOTE. YOU MUST BE LOCKED IN. IF YOU'RE WRONG AND TOWN LOSES, OH WELL. GG. WOLVES HAVE MADE A NICE COMEBACK SO FAR. BUT YOU DO NOT LOSE THIS GAME ON A VOTE YOU DIDN'T EVEN GIVE MUCH THOUGHT. NOT AFTER 2600 POSTS. YOU WILL MAKE THE BEST DECISION YOU CAN, AND THE LYNCH WILL HAPPEN.

IF THE FIRST LYNCH IS ON TARGET, SAME EXACT DRILL FOR THE FINAL 3 PLAYERS LEFT.

THE VOTING PATTERNS ARE THERE. THERE'S A GOOD CHANCE OF SOLVING THIS GAME. TAKE A GOOD CRACK AT IT, AND GIVE YOURSELF NO REASON TO REGRET YOUR CARELESSNESS IN POSTGAME.

TEAM ON 3! 1, 2,

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE caps
Old 11-2-2014, 01:33 AM   #2623
TWG Link
FFR Player

Or maybe not. I was looking at the vote counts through last phase and the one for this phase. Villager-Little Mac makes sense based on how voting went (before the eod switch to no lynch last day phase, 3 votes were on Yoshi (Villager, Little Mac, and me) and 3 on Villager (Pit, Megaman, and Yoshi). This phase, Dedede was the first vote on Villager, while Little Mac and I both voted Yoshi. Doubting that bussing occurred in both cases.

Granted, the voting incriminates me as well, but I at least know I'm human (and can hopefully convince people suspicious of me of that!!!), but I'm hoping I'm not wrong this time, since it's mylo next phase.
Old 11-2-2014, 01:34 AM   #2624
TWG Link
FFR Player

Teammmmmmmmmmm
Old 11-2-2014, 01:34 AM   #2625
TWG Link
FFR Player

TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAM is this how i do it
Old 11-2-2014, 01:41 AM   #2626
TWG Mega Man
FFR Player

I still think Greninja was right, Link looks red to me.
Old 11-2-2014, 01:49 AM   #2627
TWG Link
FFR Player

:'(
Old 11-2-2014, 02:20 AM   #2628
TWG Link
FFR Player

Feeling less confident about Little Mac considering that he had a day 1 vote on Villager. owiajfowajfoawijo
I want to believe it's bussing, but the post seems genuine.

It's 3AM, I'm going to bed.
Old 11-2-2014, 05:21 AM   #2629
TWG Pit
FFR Player

hey all

i'm gonna be busy tomorrow and the day after, though i'll most likely die at this point anyway.

i'm gonna say while I can that I think we should hunt in little mac, link, and dedede next phase, and my gut's telling me that dedede's the town, especially after this lynch and the way he believed my claim

sorry this isn't as great as I could make it. I kinda got a flight to go on now
Old 11-2-2014, 05:22 AM   #2630
TWG Pit
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mega Man View Post
I still think Greninja was right, Link looks red to me.
what the hell mega man
Old 11-2-2014, 05:27 AM   #2631
TWG Pit
FFR Player

screw it i'm finding time tonight to think of which one of those two looks red to me

honestly inactivity was our downfall though. that's how most of these mislynches happened

and if that's where most of these mislynches happened, and i'm starting to think that the wolves were aiding in misdirecting our lynches, then that's where i'm gonna look
Old 11-2-2014, 11:16 AM   #2632
TWG Link
FFR Player

Still not confident, but reading through Villager's posts, the only time he's ever referenced Little Mac was in the joke posts at the beginning of the game (where he says 'little mac sux' and makes a vote on him). However, Villager makes similar posts regarding Charizard and Ike, so meh. If he's a wolf, Villager bussed ultra hard on Bowser, and even to Pikachu and Fox to an extent.

Figure I should properly defend myself anyway, because I don't want to be the mislynch that causes town to lose.
Going to respond to Megaman's points on page 125, post 2486. I would quote the post, but FFR is dumb and removes the inner quotes!!! And it won't let me put URLs in the post either.

Regarding Pikachu:
What irked me about Pikachu in particular was that he was clearly viewing the thread, but was making posts that were utterly noncontributive.
Regarding the other inactives (e.g. Mario), if you recall, I made a fuss to you wanting to lynch Mario over Pikachu, so it's not as if I were partial to Pikachu. If anything, it would have been easier to just play along and support a Mario lynch if possible.
Likewise, if I were partners with Pikachu, wouldn't it have been significantly safer for me to have simply PMed Xiz about my concerns rather than voice them publicly in the thread?

Regarding the Ratio:
There was confusion on whether there were 5 or 6 wolves and Xiz posted that the ratio was 1:4, which isn't possible in a 24 player set. Hence why I kept asking for it to be clarified. I figured a 1:3 ratio would fit best, but I wanted it verified because of Ike's post in response to Peach saying there were 5 wolves left, where Ike had teased Peach for making a dumbtell about the remaining number of wolves. I'm particular and didn't want to make any assumptions if I could avoid them.

Regarding Suspicion of You:
To be fair, a lot of people viewed you as suspicious! And it was the first day phase, so it's not as if we're going to have strong evidence pointing any particular way. I was wrong about you and Bowser, but I at least changed my stance on you after the lynch, and I eventually altered my opinion of Bowser after Kirby's claim and the Fox lynch.

Regarding Bowser and Pikachu:
If I wanted to bus useless partners, wouldn't I have done so with Pikachu the first day phase? Same could be said to Bowser to an extent before his seer claim, when he was gaining some traction. Also to note, I placed a vote on Fox earlier in the day phase before having to leave, when Fox was one of the wolves actually placing effort into defending himself.

If you find me suspicious for other reasons, I'll try to respond to those as well when I find the time.

Also, note to Pit, since this is probably only relevant to him!!! The Shulk and Ike wolfings are two that I certainly wouldn't have supported if that means anything. I think I mentioned this to you once, but I don't like wolfing friends if I can help it!
Old 11-2-2014, 01:59 PM   #2633
TWG Pit
FFR Player

Good enough for me (mostly that last bit though haha I know you wouldn't lie about that)

Ok, Little Mac prepare to get grilled.
Old 11-2-2014, 02:00 PM   #2634
TWG Pit
FFR Player

Little Mac and Villager calling it right now

Once I find time to read orz
Old 11-2-2014, 02:01 PM   #2635
TWG Pit
FFR Player

Oh that wasn't English but you get what I mean right... waaah
Old 11-2-2014, 03:07 PM   #2636
TWG Little Mac
FFR Player

I am pretty resolved that between the two pairs of wolf possibilities I have in mind, Villager fits into both of them.

Based on the wolfing tonight, I'll most likely be solidified in the partner that joins Villager in my suspicions.

Right before the flip, I'm going to hash out my reasoning, just in interest of not influencing the wolfing in a negative manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Pit View Post
Ok, Little Mac prepare to get grilled.
I'll be ready!
Old 11-2-2014, 05:38 PM   #2637
TWG Pit
FFR Player

This is all I could dig up now, but I have a few questions

Alright, so Little Mac, I started out by looking at your post history. You have 66 posts. For how involved you seemed in the game, you just have 66 posts, and most of these posts are in late game. Why?

And don't say it's because you make each individual post larger on average than say me because for your level of involvement and the sheer amount of pages in this game that is pretty darn low.

You chose Kirby between the Kirby/Fox stuff. IMO that's interesting, but at the same time you said ~null during that EOD too.

You agreed to go after Sonic when there was little evidence for the lynch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Little Mac View Post
Can we be comfortable with this lead? Naive me says yes, even if this direction could very well lead to a dead end. You just sparksnote'd his entire post history, so that's a bit concerning.

We've been predominantly attacking active people, and as they dwindle, there remains the possibility of a wolf lurking way back in the shadows this whole time. *Conspiracy theory again* Sonic hasn't been replaced so he's much busier than he appears hmmmmm~

Sonic, come say hi! You've certainly been around.
Quote:
Before Meta Knight started posting, I was almost indifferent between the two, but now I'm sticking with my vote Sonic.

These last few posts by Meta Knight read very naturally to me while Sonic isn't even here in arguably the most important time he'd have to be here so far.

My only concern is that Meta Knight's predecessor, DK, had a fairly shifty game going and weird connections with Bowser/Pikachu. The shift to Meta Knight's current game doesn't erase that.
You did this after voting for Sonic, which I still don't understand????

Quote:
of course!

All of Meta Knight's posts up to this point were reading fairly natural to me (except for some random self-vote?) and during the time it was all unfolding, I felt okay with holding my vote on Sonic. He acknowledges here that after a lynch on him, we could just "proceed" to move to Sonic if we so wished. This feels more town to me and suggests that he didn't mind being under fire and wasn't going to put himself first before the town's overall cause.

As far as my comment on Yoshi goes, I'm referring to D2 when it was nearing lynch and Yoshi was under some suspicion. I believe he was leading in votes and he left the thread to go to bed at this point. I'm pointing out that a lot of people are reading this behavior as "ducking out" to try to evade even more suspicion, but to me, his posts, especially around that time frame read green and almost unconcerned.

I did select you for a reason, and that was that your "case" for your own humanity revolved around making lots of frustrated posts and then feeling that you cleared yourself somehow?

I don't expect you to explain the play style! I'm simply questioning it, regardless of who is using your style of posting. It's strange no matter who employs it.
You ended up voting for Yoshi after being apprehensive about it.

Anyway, something else I've noticed is that although you're very active in the thread now, many of your votes seem to be lazy. And by lazy, I mean on inactive players which you can't really make much of a case for because... well.. there's nothing to base information off of.

You seem like someone who would want as much information available as possible. I'm pretty sure you even told me that I should defend myself because it gives info later in the game

So I'm also going to ask you why your voting patterns for the past couple of days have also been very strange.

Though I'll be honest, I don't know why Ike was still killed if you were on his case too, but I guess the night kills don't have to always match up like that.

---

pce
Old 11-2-2014, 05:40 PM   #2638
TWG Pit
FFR Player

If I don't die I'll be around more, but I'm still fully expecting to be dead.

but if I don't die
hype actually I don't trust myself to be helpful to the town wolves kill me
Old 11-2-2014, 06:24 PM   #2639
TWG Link
FFR Player

Quote:
Good enough for me (mostly that last bit though haha I know you wouldn't lie about that)
<3

also dont die pls
youre the only person left in the game whose identity i actually know for sure
Old 11-2-2014, 09:52 PM   #2640
TWG Little Mac
FFR Player

Quote:
Alright, so Little Mac, I started out by looking at your post history. You have 66 posts. For how involved you seemed in the game, you just have 66 posts, and most of these posts are in late game. Why?

And don't say it's because you make each individual post larger on average than say me because for your level of involvement and the sheer amount of pages in this game that is pretty darn low.
I definitely have ramped up my posting a bit in the later stages of the game, but honestly when there are fewer people left, it's almost required of me to start posting more in order to keep generating discussion. (Dead weight is hazardous when you're near the end after all) The only difference in my activity was the amount of posts, but as I have detailed before, I've kept up with the thread the entire time. So, my posts have increased a bit just out of necessity. If I didn't talk, we'd have at most... 4 people talking regularly in here.

Quote:
You chose Kirby between the Kirby/Fox stuff. IMO that's interesting, but at the same time you said ~null during that EOD too.
I sure did choose Kirby at the last moment, but penalizing me for that I feels goes a bit too far. I was open and listening to kirby around that time and had a pretty early vote on Fox after listening to what Kirby was telling me. Only in the mass confusion at the end, compounded by the site loading slug-like, did I start to doubt myself. I guess paranoia dug in as I saw a lot of resistance going on, indicating that maybe we were right on wolves.

Quote:
You agreed to go after Sonic when there was little evidence for the lynch.

You did this after voting for Sonic, which I still don't understand????

You ended up voting for Yoshi after being apprehensive about it.
I certainly did, and maybe at that time I was feeling a little too comfortable with the lead we had myself. I just thought that out of the two major suspicions during that time (Sonic and Meta Knight), sonic was the best one to go for given what I had seen. (Well lack there of from Sonic) Both of them were fairly inactive choices, but I just sided for Sonic. Not to mention, I was consistent with that read (although wrong..) when a lot of traction built up on Meta Knight because of his suspicious posting that happened before he was near-lynch.

A vote for Yoshi was a large mistake. That mistake was namely that I was not questioning even my most solid of green reads at the time. I felt safe in Yoshi because it just seemed that so many of my other green reads I was confident with was not okay with Yoshi as well. I did deliberate a lot of this though, and you're right, apprehensive is the best word to describe that. I was so convinced for such a long time that Yoshi just didn't give a damn at all, and that explained the UTR Green EoD behavior (and I was hardcore meta'ing Yoshi's actual player x_x). I should've followed through with my instincts all along.

Quote:
Anyway, something else I've noticed is that although you're very active in the thread now, many of your votes seem to be lazy. And by lazy, I mean on inactive players which you can't really make much of a case for because... well.. there's nothing to base information off of.

You seem like someone who would want as much information available as possible. I'm pretty sure you even told me that I should defend myself because it gives info later in the game

So I'm also going to ask you why your voting patterns for the past couple of days have also been very strange.

Though I'll be honest, I don't know why Ike was still killed if you were on his case too, but I guess the night kills don't have to always match up like that.
It's not that my votes are very lazy, per se, but I feel I've been making poor decisions with voting using some green associations I've been trusting for quite some time now. I certainly have given the majority of players (yourself included) a lot of thought, but I decided a vote for anyone else would be a bit too convoluted, and that's why my vote has rested with Yoshi for the last two phases.

With Yoshi gone, there really aren't that many more options that make sense based on voting patterns anymore. I feel Villager has been in a precarious position for quite some time and his voting pattern doesn't really make much sense outside of being red. If one of the last two people that I'm questioning ends up dying in the night, then I'll have my mind fairly made up on who I think the last wolf is.

I don't think the Ike kill really made sense no matter HOW you looked at it. It was pretty similar to some of the earlier kills that made almost no sense. If anything, it pinned poor voting on inactives.

Pit I'd like to ask you just a few questions too, mostly relating to your role claim.

When you came out as your role of Oracle, was this in opposition to Greninja in any way? Did you not fully trust what Greninja was saying? I'm still finding it very hard to justify the exact reasoning you chose to come out when you were under no pressure. (This was pre- auto win plan) The reason I have found was that you wanted to "shake things up".

You also used your possession of a role to explain why you've been a bit wishy washy this game, and now to explain why you're most likely not going to be killed tonight.

Why do you feel you would be such a big target tonight? If anything, if they kill you, they would confirm your flip and absolve you of all suspicion. (And of course kill you but ya)

Nothing is honestly a sure thing until the flip, which is why I am a bit wary to get too into it lest I do influence some sort of night decision.
Closed Thread