aperson 25 43.86%
Tie (they both made me jizz my pants) 2 3.51%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2005, 11:00 AM   #21
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to aperson

Squeek: I threw the html up real quickly just to show how it would look with a full stretch. Don't worry about the html on this one, a fully functional webpage was not required for this, just a template.

Look at the voting criteria, html and making it an actual page don't count.

aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 11:12 AM   #22
senate7377
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to senate7377

Let me find it again. I deleted it cause I didnt think we'd need it. Sounds likely yes... but when he posted his and I saw it was a slided image and not much more, then I was like "engh I dont need the code, Im not doing anything with it after this, I have my screenshots...no one will ask let alone care. Im not completely W3C compliant and suspect that I have a total of around 69 things to fix (as thats my draft average per page of 1000 lines or more), I looked at apersons code and it was all of 2 or three tables, and I did notice that it was 11 errors. If I remember right I can tell you I had more than that but I did code it in XHTML transitional. I also had over a 1000 lines of code per page excluding the logon, which was like 50 at most. I'll try to get norton to unerase ti, as I've emptied my recycle bin. If any of you have an idea as to how to unerase a file - let me know I'll do it and post my HTML for all three pages. Im sure I'll have WAY more errors, liek I said, but a lower percentage if you look at line numbers. I genereally dont care if IE li,es my pages either, so.. that kind of hurts sometimes (its my private war against IE and their lack of standards, like iFRAMES) I initially had said that we werent to actually POST the page itself in completel HTML becuase I have no place to host a full site and to take screenshot of the page. I happened to piece mine to be ONE long ass image, reflecting the three different pages.

Like I said, any idea on how to recover that, let me know I'll be more than willing ot share the html with you guys
EDIT * *** * * * * * *

Ok i have it sort of recovered, i t only recovered bits and pieces of it. two of the pages have been overwritten and then the page I did recoverd the template version, it has no content in it... and I check that for compliance, its...not as complaint as I'd like but I wont edit it to be fair, I just cant be late for work again ato day, so I'll post it around 11pm when I get home

EDIT2: Why would you full stretch that anyway, thats crazy dead space. Center the page, span down ony, if needed...
senate7377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 07:18 PM   #23
senate7377
FFR Player

OK, the only thing I can present is my tempalate so instead of 1000 lines of code is only 178 lines. I checked it beofre posting it and did not alter it - despite the 9 errors from this link http://validator.w3.org/check. youlll need to cut and pase the code to a file on your HDD. then upload it to check, but there sorry its not he the WHOEL 3 pages, my dumbass deleted it, but .... you can see the other code and stuff by looking at http://djellam.com, its free web rok an its not done, but you can view source of you like, or if you want a different exapmle I'll upload my code for my personal site

**********************************************************************************************

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title>Shut Your Hole - Exercise yo' bitch hand! - Welcome home</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<meta name="Author" content="Shawn Gordon" />
<meta name="description" content="The competition piece beteween aperson and senate7377 on FFR. " />
<meta name="keywords" content="senate, senate7377, aperson, ffr, shawn, ej ronin, pwn, contest, bitch hand, stfu, check, feces" />
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5000" />

<!-- reading the code eh? I don't plan on keeping this but wrote this just in case. I generally write a comment header in my code for those who are interested in it. This work was for one purpose only and not to be taken seriously nor is it to be used as an actual site. There is not a real company called SYH Media LLC, but I'm sure if there was, that they don't care about you at all. I wish my competitor luck in what he does. I also hope he's not relying on typography and color schema to pull him along. Web design entails SO much more than that, and the gestalt theory of his posts don't exactly apply in web. In an way I hope someone reads this because it shows they give a shit.

This was designed to be an ironic elegance piece. In general you yell "Shut your hole" at someone if you are upset nd found it funny that the give an opposite appearance. Should I lose the competition, that's not a big deal, the people in FFR have no real bearing on much outside of it concerning my life. I'll continue to get paid doing what I do, and should aperson want a rematch - bring it "nancy boy" . Someone stated that a single round was kind of lame. Should I win I'll offer you the chance to respectfully tie it up, and would hope you were mature enough to offer the same in contrast.

In no way are there hard feelings between aperson and I (I don't think)...I see it as more of a cocky artist piss contest. Even if I lose, the content speaks for itself, I'm pretty confidant hell recant his claim to murder me in 3D. Its not even good 3D and I feel it would stop him, based on his 2D theories alone.

With that, enjoy the page, the content in words is actually meaning ful to a point and carries relevance to some of the more recent FFR forum topics. I did think some of this out.

next time - I'll actually work at it.

You'll notice that there a "bgcolor" and "background" identifiers in the same lines. this ensures that if for some reason the input header spans larger than the image, the look stays consistent. I don't use fancy headers, its not the feel i wanted for this site. I know that IE and Netscape don't like background - IE7 will allow these tags on IE7, so I'm not worried about it. Its true 75% of the market uses IE, but that's why I didn't use PNG transparencies. They come up this robin grey in IE. Mozilla handles it fine, as does opera and safari and maxaton and aqua. Once IE comes u p to yesterday I'll be happy to comply with their fucked standards. What web designer usesiFrames anyway? You can say the same about tables, yes - since most of it can be done in CSS, but I'm not as familiar with CSS as XHTML. Once I get there and comfortable making a pure CSS site, I'll do it, until then suffer the tables of doom. I lvoe PNGs for their size and their crispness. JPGS are bloatsed, BMPs will get you shot, and GIF say "Im lazy" (especially "spacer.gif" - who taught you how to slice if you have a spacer.gif?)

If anyone wants this code take it, its not my best work and its not completely compliant - but then neither is 75% of the web sites out there, blame MS not me. This wed site doesnt reflect the PHP that was done for the content, but merely shows where I have it set to go. Thanks, and have a nice day.

-->

<style type="text/css">
<!--
a:link {
text-decoration: none;
}

a:hover {
color: "#EEEEEE"

a:visited {
text-decoration: none;
}

.style10 {
font-family: "Lucida Sans", Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 12px;
font-weight: bold;
color: #EEE07F;
}

.style11 {
font-family: "Lucida Sans", Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 10px;
}
.style12 {
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 10px;
}
-->
</style>

</head>
<body bgcolor="#333333">

<table id="Table_01" width="800" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="center">
<tr>
<td>

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="800">
<tr>
<td></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td background="images/shutyourhole_01_r2_c1.png" width="800" height="31"><table width="35%" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" id="nav">
<tr align="left" valign="middle">

<td><div align="left" class="style10">HOME</div></td>
<td><div align="left" class="style10">RULES</div></td>
<td><div align="left" class="style10">MAIL</div></td>
</tr>
</table></td>
</tr>
</table></td>
</tr>
<tr>

<td> <table width="800" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="e9e9e9">
<tr bgcolor="e9e9e9">
<td width="800" height="33" colspan="5"><h3></h3></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="47" height="100%" rowspan="7" valign="top" background="images/shutyourhole_02_r2_c1.png"></td>
<td width="514" height="24" bgcolor="d0d0d0" src="images/shutyourhole_02_r2_c2.png"></td>
<td width="38" height="100%" rowspan="7" valign="top" background="images/shutyourhole_02_r2_c3.png"></td>
<td width="190" height="24" bgcolor="bebebe"shutyourhole_02_r2_c4" src="images/shutyourhole_02_r2_c4.png"></td>
<td width="11" height="100%" rowspan="7" valign="top" bgcolor="e9e9e9" border="0"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="514" height="17" align="left" valign="middle" background="images/shutyourhole_02_r3_c2.png"><table width="75%" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="#666666" id="KEC">
<tr>

<td class="style10">Keep 'em in check! </td>
</tr>
</table></td>
<td width="190" height="17" align="left" valign="middle" background="images/shutyourhole_02_r3_c4.png" bgcolor="bebebe"><table width="75%" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="#666666">
<tr>

<td class="style10">Bits 'n' Feces </td>
</tr>
</table></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="514" height="100%" align="left" valign="top" background="images/shutyourhole_02_r4_c2.png"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5">
<tr>

<td bgcolor="#d0d0d0"><span class="style12">text - inset PHP here - check.php </span></td>
</tr>
</table></td>
<td width="190" height="100%" rowspan="5" align="left" valign="top" bgcolor="bebebe"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5">
<tr>

<td class="style12">text - bits.php </td>
</tr>
</table></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="514" height="17" align="left" valign="middle" background="images/shutyourhole_02_r5_c2.png"><table width="75%" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="#666666" id="STFU">
<tr>

<td class="style10">STFU! Awards </td>
</tr>
</table></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="514" height="100%" align="left" valign="top" background="images/shutyourhole_02_r6_c2.png"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5">
<tr>

<td bgcolor="d0d0d0" class="style12">text- insert PHP here - stfu.php </td>
</tr>
</table></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="514" height="17" align="left" valign="middle" background="images/shutyourhole_02_r7_c2.png"><table width="75%" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="#666666" id="AS">
<tr>

<td class="style10">Ad[non]Sense </td>
</tr>
</table></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="514" height="100%" align="left" valign="top" background="images/shutyourhole_02_r8_c2.png"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5">
<tr>

<td bgcolor="d0d0d0" class="style12">text - insert PHP here - sense.php </td>
</tr>
</table></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="5"></td>
</tr>
</table></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>

<table width="800" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="e9e9e9">
<tr>
<td></td>
<td width="723" height="29" align="center" valign="middle"> <div align="center" class="style11">Copyright &copy; 2005 SYH Industries We care, just not about you. </div></td>
<td></td>
</tr>
</table></td>
</tr>
</table>

</body>
</html>

***********************************************************************************************************

Though aperson is right, I just took extra steps to make it as real as I could, I didnt want text as an image, its fuzzes up that way..and be damnned if I use GIF
Old 07-22-2005, 09:05 PM   #24
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Network Security Analyst
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR Send a message via MSN to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR

I'm voting aperson for this, I think his looks better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdarkness
I'm light f**king darkness
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 08:06 PM   #25
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Aperson has my vote this round. btw, They book suck?
Rebirth0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 05:09 AM   #26
senate7377
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamepro17616
Aperson has my vote this round. btw, They book suck?
lol (though I can't talk - my typos are legnedary)
Old 07-27-2005, 06:33 AM   #27
senate7377
FFR Player

Voteing closes at midnight tonight... if yo havent done so and want to - do it now
Old 07-27-2005, 01:21 PM   #28
esupin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to esupin

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senate7377
lol (though I can't talk - my typos are legnedary)

http://www.youtube.com/esupin
esupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:35 PM   #29
senate7377
FFR Player

no I war referring to
Quote:
Originally Posted by esupin
They book suck?
.... its wasnt my typo, but its funny....nvm
Old 07-28-2005, 06:19 AM   #30
esupin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to esupin

Quote:
no I war referring to
Quote:
Originally Posted by esupin
They book suck?
I don't even remember typing that...
Anyways, it seems like Aperson won by one vote.

http://www.youtube.com/esupin
esupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 09:30 AM   #31
senate7377
FFR Player

yeah, he got it by one vote - hardly a "murder of my ass up and down"...and barely a win at all...next time I'll actually try, but congrats aperson... care to go again? same thing - but you can title the site and set the dos and don't since I picked them last time... same catagory - web design - but your stipulations
Old 07-29-2005, 07:12 AM   #32
rydenHS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to rydenHS

Quote:
yeah, he got it by one vote - hardly a "murder of my ass up and down"...and barely a win at all...next time I'll actually try, but congrats aperson... care to go again? same thing - but you can title the site and set the dos and don't since I picked them last time... same catagory - web design - but your stipulations
I say you both have to draw a picture of me guessing what I looks like. The one I like best wins. GO!

rydenHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 12:46 PM   #33
senate7377
FFR Player

0-]-[ there you go
Old 07-29-2005, 05:05 PM   #34
rydenHS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to rydenHS

God damn I have a long neck......orrrr I have short legs??

rydenHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 06:11 PM   #35
senate7377
FFR Player

oooorrrr both....for all I know your mother is a giraffe and your father a dachund... j/k
Old 07-29-2005, 07:48 PM   #36
tnyhwk900
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to tnyhwk900

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenHS
I say you both have to draw a picture of me guessing what I looks like. The one I like best wins. GO!
Here's my drawing.