Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 02:44 PM   #421
TWG Prince Hans
Forum User

Default Re: TWG CXX: Villains United

That's an interesting viewpoint on Hades and Cruella, but the attention on Hades wasn't really wonderful. I didn't even think he was getting serious attention during that time. He was just sprouting his distaste for the Disney references and proceeded to continue to role play.

Not liking how you're attaching yourself to fuel the fire on Hooks. (Oh shit, am I protecting him now, Hades? )

Eeeeeh, this wasn't as cool as I thought it would be. Say some more stuff, since you said you will.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:04 PM   #422
TWG Shan Yu
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Jafar View Post
This is an odd level of self awareness about what you "shouldn't do" seems like a hero desperatley trying to stay in disguise.
Yeah, Hook's concern with not appearing like a hero is a running theme in a number of his posts. I know that villains have to be attentive to not doing hero-esque things so that the rest of their team doesn't waste time and effort, but there's a preoccupation there that I'm not really picking up from other players.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:04 PM   #423
TWG Jafar
Forum User

Still hypothesizing, and like I said I have other interactions to delve into still.

Interpreting the meaning and thought process behind why people post the way they do is a time consiming process. Grab yourself a hot chocolate and relax. There's more coming.

It's prefectly fine for me to have reservations over Hook if I want to. I take offense to the fact that you "don't like how I'm feuling the fire on hook", when he's one of the people who's had the most questionable interactions with the rest of the villians.

He's been Defensive, hypocritical and has not made even a weak accusation on a hero.

Thats a solid goody-two shoes lynch in my book.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:06 PM   #424
TWG Jafar
Forum User

@ xiz, my vote is on hook for the moment
Old 07-14-2014, 03:17 PM   #425
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Quote:
@ xiz, my vote is on hook for the moment
Fixed

Old 07-14-2014, 03:19 PM   #426
TWG Jafar
Forum User

@ xiz,

..... you have 2 hook wagons.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:27 PM   #427
TWG Prince Hans
Forum User

Alright, after some thinking, in terms of this whole hook business since that's still fresh.

Scenario 1 is that it's a wolf/hero being flustered and trying to get the heat off, only to contradict himself unintentionally because of being flustered. If this is the true scenario, then look at all the voters obviously.

Scenario 2 is that it's a villain getting roused and angry so isn't bothering to proofread his posts so they are not contradictory. If this is the true scenario, again, look at all the voters obviously.

Scenario 3 is that Hook is intentionally contradicting himself to make everyone permanently suspicious forever so to stay alive during night phases if Hook is villain. If this is the true scenario, then hopefully a role will know what to do if Hooks is not lynched this phase.

So there ya go. That's where I'm at with just the Hook thing.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:49 PM   #428
TWG Jafar
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Prince Hans View Post
Alright, after some thinking, in terms of this whole hook business since that's still fresh.

Scenario 1 is that it's a wolf/hero being flustered and trying to get the heat off, only to contradict himself unintentionally because of being flustered. If this is the true scenario, then look at all the voters obviously.

Scenario 2 is that it's a villain getting roused and angry so isn't bothering to proofread his posts so they are not contradictory. If this is the true scenario, again, look at all the voters obviously.

Scenario 3 is that Hook is intentionally contradicting himself to make everyone permanently suspicious forever so to stay alive during night phases if Hook is villain. If this is the true scenario, then hopefully a role will know what to do if Hooks is not lynched this phase.

So there ya go. That's where I'm at with just the Hook thing.
Which is fine. You're allowed to have multiple veiwpoints on an issue.

What you're doing though by not taking a stance on the hook issue is saying you believe scenario 2 is the most likely argument for hook.

I think scenario 1 is.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:57 PM   #429
TWG Prince Hans
Forum User

I'm thinking even more on this since I'm on the ponder train.

Hook's mentioned Syndrome being the one to start the train on him.

Syndrome seems to be a player who's actively trying to figure out the game before the real start happens (Day 2). Whether that's an indication or not of his alignment is a mystery still, but I'm pinging him slightly because he did indeed start accusing Hooks for a minor thing at first.

But then they latched on to each other, so it's weird to me that a hero/wolf would do that. It just brings attention to both of them that they're unwilling to let go of each other which could end up super horrible for the hero/wolf because if the one that flips is villain.

...I think I'm just gonna say, possibly, it's two villains yelling at each other.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:57 PM   #430
TWG Prince Hans
Forum User

Quote:
What you're doing though by not taking a stance on the hook issue is saying you believe scenario 2 is the most likely argument for hook.
I guess that's the case now!
Old 07-14-2014, 04:00 PM   #431
TWG Prince Hans
Forum User

Quote:
But then they latched on to each other, so it's weird to me that a hero/wolf would do that. It just brings attention to both of them that they're unwilling to let go of each other which could end up super horrible for the hero/wolf because if the one that flips is villain.
I didn't complete the thought here.

If the one that flips is villain, it would make the other one a big lynch target for the next day phase.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:24 PM   #432
TWG Syndrome
Forum User

Quote:
.If the one that flips is villain, it would make the other one a big lynch target for the next day phase.
Not really though, since I'm not latching. I merely had more suspicion due to him acting most suspiciously in my view. I'm not only going after Hook, you and him are saying this and it's really starting to annoy me. Not to mention the fact that people didn't have to vote for him either. The fact that multiple votes are on him show others also think the same way as I do about his posts. If he eventually dies and is a villain, it's nobody's fault but him, as his posts are super suspicious, contradictory and the way he is coming off when defending is totally off. It's perfectly normal for people to see that and think it's a hero.

Quote:

I don't really care for this post.
Scenario 1: Obvious case. No way of knowing whether wolf or hero though so the votes on him are with good reason.

Scenario 2: Really doubt a villain would react to one vote in this way and not think at all about the way in which they are defending themselves. The votes on him are with good reason.

Scenario 3: Kind of idiotic I think. A villain purposely making himself look bad to not die in a night phase is pointless, as making yourself look bad makes you prone to a lynch. What would be the good out of this?

This post just looks like a whole bunch of bullshit to me. You've got two obvious cases that don't really matter because either way, the votes on Hook are there for good reason as suspicious posting. Then the third is idiotic. Looks like some filler to make it look like you're involved in this little part of what's going on this phase, without really accomplishing much.

If anything, scenario 3 would go like: You are actually a hero and think that Hook is being suspicious. If you post some bullshit and then go with the case where Hook is possibly a villain, he won't die, but will still have suspicion on him and could very easily be a lynch in a later phase. Rather than you and the rest of your buddies having to dig up shit on another player with no votes.

I'm willing to go with my scenario 3 than the rest of the ones you have said.
Prince Hans
Old 07-14-2014, 04:30 PM   #433
TWG The Queen
Forum User

Test post
Old 07-14-2014, 04:31 PM   #434
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG The Queen View Post
Test post
^ Done by me. Was fixing that account. Should be all good now.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:31 PM   #435
TWG Syndrome
Forum User

I like the way Jafar has been posting so far, villain read for me for now.

Shere Khan: posting a gif and nothing else in the last day of this phase. Could've at least lied about reading the thread if you wanted to appear like you were doing something, but it's like you want everybody to know you don't give a shit. idk right now.

Auto: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=404 Sort of dumb when you haven't been of use at all and you disappeared completely after that post. Make some posts first before saying other players should do so.

Gaston: I see you down there, making a post? You haven't done anything either, and it seems a lot of players (including myself) are waiting on something from you.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:33 PM   #436
TWG Syndrome
Forum User

Charles Muntz also hasn't said anything and it's the last day. Why would you say you could be a replacement if you aren't going to do anything in the game?
Old 07-14-2014, 04:40 PM   #437
TWG Prince Hans
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Syndrome View Post
Not really though, since I'm not latching. I merely had more suspicion due to him acting most suspiciously in my view. I'm not only going after Hook, you and him are saying this and it's really starting to annoy me. Not to mention the fact that people didn't have to vote for him either. The fact that multiple votes are on him show others also think the same way as I do about his posts. If he eventually dies and is a villain, it's nobody's fault but him, as his posts are super suspicious, contradictory and the way he is coming off when defending is totally off. It's perfectly normal for people to see that and think it's a hero.
I disagree, you and him have been talking to each other the most and you are very affirmative about your position regarding Hooks. Right now even you're heavily implying that he's most likely hero/wolf. If that's not latching then I guess I need to redefine that term for myself.

I agree, however, that it is normal for others to think it's a hero/wolf if they strongly think of my scenario 1, but please keep in mind of other worlds out there.[/quote]

Quote:
Scenario 3: Kind of idiotic I think. A villain purposely making himself look bad to not die in a night phase is pointless, as making yourself look bad makes you prone to a lynch. What would be the good out of this?
I actually thought of one, but then I quickly checked the OP and found out that's not possible what could happen if Scenario 3 existed. I was thinking having a role somehow flip him during the night, but there's a godfather, which throws that trick out the window, shit.[/quote]

Quote:
This post just looks like a whole bunch of bullshit to me. You've got two obvious cases that don't really matter because either way, the votes on Hook are there for good reason as suspicious posting. Then the third is idiotic. Looks like some filler to make it look like you're involved in this little part of what's going on this phase, without really accomplishing much.
So actually analyzing a fresh moment, even if obvious scenarios are presented, is not trying? Okay, sir.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:42 PM   #438
TWG Prince Hans
Forum User

Actually, why did you switch your vote to me since you seem so convinced of Hooks?
Old 07-14-2014, 04:44 PM   #439
TWG Shan Yu
Forum User

Quote:
If you post some bullshit and then go with the case where Hook is possibly a villain, he won't die, but will still have suspicion on him and could very easily be a lynch in a later phase. Rather than you and the rest of your buddies having to dig up shit on another player with no votes.
Ooh, I didn't think of it that way. I'm liking this line of thought.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:10 PM   #440
TWG Prince Hans
Forum User

So um, yeah.

Yzma, I keep seeing you looking at the thread. May I ask what you think currently?

We got about 7 hours left, so it be a good idea if we start getting to a consensus now. Majority is still on me so maybe that will be the consensus, who knows though.

I would really like the posters with low posts to say stuff due to approaching deadline.

Specifically:

Closed Thread