Default Re: TWG CXX: Villains United

Ooooh, a talking lamp!
Old 07-12-2014, 06:30 PM   #164
TWG Clayton
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Maleficent View Post
Not sure why you decided to bring or his up seeing how literally one person did this (and of course it was j-ro- oops I mean Ursula being Ursula).
Thought I saw it a couple times. No, it wasn't really that ubiquitous.

Nothing really sticks out to me in the cruella-scar-ursula fiasco. Just players starting to stir the pot as far as I can tell.

I'm most concerned with Captain Hooker pressing people for feelings on the more heated parts of the thread while explicitly saying he'd steer clear.

His game is fearsome and defensive, which probably just means he's newish, but we don't have much else to go by.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:32 PM   #165
TWG Jafar
Forum User

yes YES YES! BWAHHAHAHAHAH!

Tiny Pirate! are you the one that released me?
Old 07-12-2014, 06:32 PM   #166
TWG Captain Hook
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Clayton View Post
Thought I saw it a couple times. No, it wasn't really that ubiquitous.

Nothing really sticks out to me in the cruella-scar-ursula fiasco. Just players starting to stir the pot as far as I can tell.

I'm most concerned with Captain Hooker pressing people for feelings on the more heated parts of the thread while explicitly saying he'd steer clear.

His game is fearsome and defensive, which probably just means he's newish, but we don't have much else to go by.
I'm not pressing for feelings on heated parts of the thread lol. I'm pointing out that the person is accusing me of doing something they themselves are doing.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:34 PM   #167
TWG Captain Hook
Forum User

And where do you get people? I responded to the one person that was making comments about the comment I made while everyone was messing around in character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Jafar View Post
yes YES YES! BWAHHAHAHAHAH!

Tiny Pirate! are you the one that released me?
Yes, it was I.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:35 PM   #168
TWG Clayton
Forum User

Fine. Person. It's still weird.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:36 PM   #169
TWG Clayton
Forum User

its like you know what the right thing to do in this situation is, but you chose not to
Old 07-12-2014, 06:39 PM   #170
TWG Captain Hook
Forum User

What is weird about responding accordingly to something someone brought up about me? The person wanted to accuse me of overlooking all these interactions, which I saw nothing of value in and was waiting for some actual conversation to come about, yet totally overlooked all these interactions themselves.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:41 PM   #171
TWG Clayton
Forum User

are you talking about Gaston? You know he was just pressing for activity right?
Old 07-12-2014, 06:45 PM   #172
TWG Captain Hook
Forum User

You need to obviously go back an re-read things. I'm talking about Syndrome, which started with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Syndrome View Post
Not afraid, just waiting to see if Captain Hook's next post would be related to any of the interactions so far before I placed a vote on him. Guess not.

I don't like this. The shenanigans were getting some interactions out that are necessary to do shit day one. Just posting you're going to wait until important stuff calms down seems weird.
Every one of my posts had been back and forth with him aside from the initial when I replied to Gaston's push with the fact that I was waiting on the Disney stuff to calm down.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:54 PM   #173
TWG Jafar
Forum User

Congratulations Master. I am a Genie with: PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER

but i can't kill things
bring things back from the dead or
make anybody fall in love with anyone else.

SO LONG AS YOU'RE CLEAR WITH THAT LETS FIND AND KILL HEROS LIKE ALLADIN
Old 07-12-2014, 07:28 PM   #174
TWG Cruella De Vil
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Yzma View Post
Guys calm down there's like 5 arguments going on
That's only helping the heroes
I'm inclined to look towards the instigators
this looks to me like LITERALLY the dumbest thing anyone has said in the thread. can you please explain to me how arguments are helping the heroes?

if you're going to say "stop doing X" you also need to say "please do X instead." how should villians hunt heroes in this game?

are you actually inclined to look towards the instigators? have you looked towards them? what has their arguing said about their play and why does this style of play indicate they may be a hero? (or was this statement just prepping for a vote later in the phase that you aren't ready to make yet because you're hoping some villians start bussing each other?)

Yzma

got some questions to answer bitch
Old 07-12-2014, 07:45 PM   #175
TWG Cruella De Vil
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Captain Hook View Post
I'm not pressing for feelings on heated parts of the thread lol. I'm pointing out that the person is accusing me of doing something they themselves are doing.
1. literally everyone is a hypocrite
2. therefore villians are hypocrites
3. also heroes are hypocrites
4. the only people who would be cautious enough to take the time to not be a hypocrite are probably proofreading their posts way too goddamn much and are way too focused on how they are being perceived

you ain't looking for hypocrites jockstrap, you lookin' for dirty liars and their lying lies
Old 07-12-2014, 08:01 PM   #176
TWG Yzma
Forum User

Oops hope nobody saw that hahaha
Old 07-12-2014, 08:01 PM   #177
TWG Yzma
Forum User

-caps'd

In response to Cruella

Chaos. In Day 1, It's hard to get clear data if everybody has 5 different things to juggle at once. 5 conversations to juggle at once. Arguing is NOT BAD, if it's organized.

Past Day 1: You know what happens in later stages: we look back at previous day performances and make decisions based not only on what is currently happening, but what HAS happened.

If we have 5-6 people all thinking different things, having a shitton of scattered arguments on D1 will give people more ammunition for shitty leads. Especially since no-lynch is on. I played in the last game and this happened. Read it. I did the same thing: threw out a bunch of accusations that DID NOT help unify us, making majority lynch really difficult. (Allowing the wolves to lead)

I GET that a lot of these arguments are for gathering data, but you have to understand that people will interpret things differently. Person X will stir up shit to cause discussion, arrive at conclusion X, but the shit he left behind might not help others. Adding useless noise. Sure, Person X as town will have some convictions, but Persons A-F are doing the same thing are gonna have different convictions since you have a lot of arguments going on at one time. Like it or not, this is a fucking team game.

Hell it'd be even better to have these discussions in sequence.

And you're the one starting shit, actually. Not that I think you're suspicious. It's not inherently a bad thing. But my point is that I personally don't think this approach (namely, every person targeting 1-2 others) is smart, and it may be the case that certain people are taking full advantage of this.

If we had a bunch of people I KNEW were competent in this game, and were able to sort through data and arrive at good conclusions, that'd be one thing. To make it short, that's clearly not a guarantee we can make. Your teammates (if you're Villain) are going to fuck up if there's too much data.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:09 PM   #178
TWG Cruella De Vil
Forum User

So how do we reach a consensus that can't be manipulated? The flip side of chaos is that if you, as a human, are asking tough questions that are pointed at people's intentions and not their stupidity you can get a lot further. Last game had both bad luck with power roles and also had some serious lack of questions on the fishy stuff that went down.

I think miring your strategy in town being incompetent is setting an expectation that becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy and doesn't ask the question "how can I be a better hunter?" Part of being a better hunter is expecting the same from others and explaining just what that entails in your opinion.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:10 PM   #179
TWG Prince Hans
Forum User

I can see that view point, madam. So would you rather organize the arguments so it can be discussed one at a time?

We have more than 24 hours to sort through this which is plenty, so the discussions being scattered at the moment isn't really too bad. Now if it that wasn't the case then I would be more inclined to agree with you in full.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:14 PM   #180
TWG Yzma
Forum User

Fair enough. And maybe I was speaking too soon. The serious voting hasn't happened yet.

And it's true that it's safer to collect data in the early stages when there is less wolf influence (the proportion of humans to wolves is high) instead of letting that be manipulated later.

I was thinking subconsciously about the end stages of the game, when what I described happened last game.
Closed Thread