Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2014, 09:46 PM   #401
macgravel
Resident Poopbutt
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: The VideoGame MegaPack 4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
the fact that so many simfile artists still name kommisar "the greatest or most significant or most influential" simfile artist ever only tells you how far stepmania simfiling still is from becoming a serious art......................................................................
macgravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:52 PM   #402
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to DigitalS3r4ph Send a message via MSN to DigitalS3r4ph

Quote:
The fact that so many simfile artists still name Kommisar "the greatest or most significant or most influential" simfile artist ever only tells you how far Stepmania simfiling still is from becoming a serious art. Metal simfile judges have long recognized that the greatest metal simfile artists of all times are GLoVE and dascookieman, who were not the most famous or popular of their times, let alone of all times. Classical simfile judges rank the highly controversial stargroup over classical simfile artists who were highly popular in forums around FlashFlashRevolution. Simfile judges are still blinded by universal acclaim: Kommisar simfiles were played more than anyone else's (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Metal simfile judges grow up playing metal simfiles, classical simfile judges grow up playing a lot of classical simfiles of the past, they barely know the most popular. No wonder they will think that Kommisar did anything worth of being saved.
Haha are you kidding me? Let me tell you a couple of reasons why, in my view, you are completely confused in what ever world you seem to live in.

A lot of us here have played and charted for Stepmania MUCH longer and before Kommisar or even Glove for that matter (Not to dock Glove at all but he wasn't my only favorite simartist who stepped metal)

When I played through each of his files, I stated to myself that I probably could not have stepped a more fun version of a chart for that particular song. It doesn't surprise me though since he has stated in the past I was an inspiration for his style, so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that I'm going to say they're great files. Does that make me biased? To an extent, but does that really bring rise to suspect anyone's credibility? You'd be laughed out of the debate room.

I highly encourage you to step something that is truly noteworthy; it doesn't need to be Aperson or Kil caliber to wow me. I'm already impressed with the work submitted. James May is awesome, and so is PorkyPink. Kommisar was shaping up to be a great simartist by the time I left the community, it is nice to see he's evolved as well. No need to make it rain with the Morton's Salt.

Edit: Sorry for the brevity, typing from the phone, but wowww that post just made me laugh out loud. You people get butt hurt over the strangest things; difficulty ratings, SteP mAn artists..

PM me if you find the secret.

Last edited by DigitalS3r4ph; 04-15-2014 at 10:03 PM..
DigitalS3r4ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:06 PM   #403
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalS3r4ph View Post
Haha are you kidding me? Let me tell you a couple of reasons why, in my view, you are completely confused in what ever world you seem to live in.

A lot of us here have played and charted for Stepmania MUCH longer and before Kommisar or even Glove for that matter (Not to dock Glove at all but he wasn't my only favorite simartist who stepped metal)

When I played through each of his files, I stated to myself that I probably could not have stepped a more fun version of a chart for that particular song. It doesn't surprise me though since he has stated in the past I was an inspiration for his style, so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that I'm going to say they're great files. Does that make me biased? To an extent, but does that really bring rise to suspect anyone's credibility? You'd be laughed out of the debate room.

I highly encourage you to step something that is truly noteworthy; it doesn't need to be Aperson or Kil caliber to wow me. I'm already impressed with the work submitted. James May is awesome, and so is PorkyPink. Kommisar was shaping up to be a great simartist by the time I left the community, it is nice to see he's evolved as well. No need to make it rain with the Morton's Salt.

Edit: Sorry for the brevity, typing from the phone, but wowww that post just made me laugh out loud. You people get butt hurt over the strangest things; difficulty ratings, SteP mAn artists..
sorry its just a paragraph about the beatles with some things replaced with stepmania words
ilikexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:11 PM   #404
rCaliberGX
D7 Elite Keymasher
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Goddamnit Nathan you could have at least used the cetaka version I edited

Released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
you look like you're dSucks
rCaliberGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:20 AM   #405
intensez
FFR Player

i dont think ilikexd realizes dascookieman and glove are the same person

ive been around the same amount of time or close to as kommisar but that doesn't mean i'm any better than him. the dude has experience in stepping; he's been stepping for idk forever now making packs and pushing the community forward. not everyone's files are going to be loved

and ji im probably gonna get diablo 3 xd i've been pressured about it for a while, might as well find it cheap on ebay or ~something~
intensez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:23 AM   #406
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

It's really besides the point that I was trying to make though. I'm just saying that any submission should be reviewed, no matter how skilled you are at stepping. It's the premise of fairness, that's it. Ilikexd is just being very tongue-and-cheek I'm pretty sure.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:37 AM   #407
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by intensez View Post
i dont think ilikexd realizes dascookieman and glove are the same person

ive been around the same amount of time or close to as kommisar but that doesn't mean i'm any better than him. the dude has experience in stepping; he's been stepping for idk forever now making packs and pushing the community forward. not everyone's files are going to be loved

and ji im probably gonna get diablo 3 xd i've been pressured about it for a while, might as well find it cheap on ebay or ~something~
nice u add me when u get the expansion : - )
L.B.D.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:40 AM   #408
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

well i remember back in the day when someone said "insta-accept" no one would be upset about it, afterall there was a long history of successful stepfiles from that person. And no file would go through unchecked. If it has issues i'm sure it would be rejected until edits.

Can we just move along and luv each other like we always do thx

also i think i found a few songs for this, now i just gotta find the motivation ~
Old 04-16-2014, 04:46 AM   #409
codcrille
FFR Player

I think it's pretty fun to mention Stepmania and "universal acclaim" in the same sentence.
codcrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:14 AM   #410
B_Ko
FFR Player

Anyone want to play guess the rejected kil file

i dont blame u though it's way too futuristic for mankind
B_Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:18 AM   #411
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

guess I know why ilikexd is on my ignore list now

I don't think anyone claimed I was the most influencial stepartist at any given time. Influencing some people, maybe. but my files aren't the pinnacle of stepmania. I just do shit cuz it's fun. people can base their own opinions. I only got good at making files in 2008.

tsuka basically taught me everything I know today.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:22 AM   #412
kommisar
Dark Chancellor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
It's really besides the point that I was trying to make though. I'm just saying that any submission should be reviewed, no matter how skilled you are at stepping. It's the premise of fairness, that's it. Ilikexd is just being very tongue-and-cheek I'm pretty sure.
also yeah there was a time when people would submit files (smg2/odi2 comes to mind) and have them accepted based on reputation even if the file itself was questionable. I think we've gone past that now.

out of the 3 I submitted, probably just one of them I'm confident will make it in. this is why we have judges. I haven't stepped seriously in over a year and a half so it's a given my shit will suck sometimes.

Last edited by kommisar; 04-16-2014 at 05:25 AM..
kommisar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:39 AM   #413
GammaBlaster
FFR Player

Quote:
The fact that so many simfile artists still name Kommisar "the greatest or most significant or most influential" simfile artist ever only tells you how far Stepmania simfiling still is from becoming a serious art. Metal simfile judges have long recognized that the greatest metal simfile artists of all times are GLoVE and dascookieman, who were not the most famous or popular of their times, let alone of all times. Classical simfile judges rank the highly controversial stargroup over classical simfile artists who were highly popular in forums around FlashFlashRevolution. Simfile judges are still blinded by universal acclaim: Kommisar simfiles were played more than anyone else's (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Metal simfile judges grow up playing metal simfiles, classical simfile judges grow up playing a lot of classical simfiles of the past, they barely know the most popular. No wonder they will think that Kommisar did anything worth of being saved.
The fact that so many books still name the Beatles "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success: the Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worth of being saved.

Last edited by GammaBlaster; 04-16-2014 at 05:42 AM..
GammaBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:28 AM   #414
Alioth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
guess I know why ilikexd is on my ignore list now

I don't think anyone claimed I was the most influencial stepartist at any given time. Influencing some people, maybe. but my files aren't the pinnacle of stepmania. I just do shit cuz it's fun. people can base their own opinions. I only got good at making files in 2008.

tsuka basically taught me everything I know today.

ps i should get to adding people on my ignore list as well...and submitting more files
edit: tsuka get a skype account already lmao

Last edited by Alioth; 04-16-2014 at 08:37 AM..
Alioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:28 AM   #415
tasted
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaBlaster View Post
The fact that so many books still name the Beatles "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success: the Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worth of being saved.
This comment is more delicious than Nicolas Cage!
tasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:53 AM   #416
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to ScylaX Send a message via Skype™ to ScylaX

*intensively waiting for reviews*
Old 04-16-2014, 11:04 AM   #417
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

L.B.D.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:21 AM   #418
kommisar
Dark Chancellor

i'll get to it in a bit

Dr. Wily Stage 1
-aaa that song choice hgngg. the accentuations were great. only complaint is some of the jumpstream sections with holds had some patterns that didn't flow as well. it's a bit on the short side as well, but this is a very fun file.

Endless Despair II
-auto accept. highly doubtful any file will be as good as this one in the entire pack.

Frontier Brain Remix
-idk who arranged this song but it sounds like shit mixing wise. file is absolutely fantastic. some chaotic parts were managed quite well though the outro sounded a little less intense for what was stepped, but it's accurate nonetheless.

Silver Lining
-je contemplais faire cette chanson mais je n'étais pas confient de pouvoir la rendre aussi plaisante que je voulais. tu m'a appris que ton style sert très bien à perfectionner les sims de ce genre de musique. une sim incroyablement amusante à jouer.

X vs. Zero
-very fun. the mines near the end don't feel like the follow much and just get thrown in there for difficulty's sake. some solo parts might have a few missed notes but I don't think it's a big deal in this case. well done.

Last edited by kommisar; 04-16-2014 at 12:01 PM..
kommisar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:59 AM   #419
rCaliberGX
D7 Elite Keymasher
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Why the fuck are you people taking that copypasta seriously

I'm laughing so hard right now but at the same time I'm cringing

Released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
you look like you're dSucks