Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2013, 12:56 PM   #141
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to FissionMailed1
Default Re: ODIPack3 Simfile Reviews

YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

YOU ARE SO ORANGE. SO CRUNCHY. SO CONSUMABLE.

THE NEW ORANGE UNDERGROUND IS THE ORANGE UP MY ASS. AND YOUR ASS.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
FissionMailed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:03 PM   #142
04im
FFR Player

Dunkin' Donuts
Old 05-31-2013, 01:23 PM   #143
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:31 PM   #144
04im
FFR Player

oops im oom sry guys.. ...
Old 05-31-2013, 03:00 PM   #145
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to ScylaX Send a message via Skype™ to ScylaX

Reviewing the second half of the pack and files you told me I forgot bros
Still I really want to make it clear that I don't plan on reviewing every single chart because HEH that pack is titanic!!!

My So-Called Life (mi40) Ok so the charting of the intro/outro is really good and that mine work has the benefit to be SIMPLE and EFFICIENT at the same time. Your drum layering is flawless, the only "bad" notice I have is how you chose to layer that weird synth in the middle instead of focusing on the bass. It could have been a nice touch to layer the bass in the middle portion with some subtle freezes but it's still a gr8t file.

Light House (Valor) I found the second half to be funnier than the first one. If I had to make a file over this song I'm sure it would be 80% different from what you did ; the simplicity of your approach seemed a bit weak to me at first, but I enjoyed tapping these notes toward the end so......

Paradise Lost (Nick Skyline) Hey these final freezes didn't needed to be that long I think hahaha anyway very good file for scoring will replay for sure. The layering is great, the only part that confused me was the dramatic come-back in the middle with these strange trills but it was still very enjoyable.

Plasmatextor (Stargroup) Frustrating jacks overall typical stargroup file I guess?????

Polssia (Leone510) WERE ALL THESE JUMPS AND TRIPS REALLY NEEDED ? Anyway the file is quite fun and I loved the bursts but I think even though the song is intense, abusing of doubles/trips was really drowning your chart into chaos.

Red Nikita (Charu) osamu kubota <33 There are small portions in this that are really intense despite the song being quite... elegant and smooth??? There are patterns that didn't reflected that smoothness and felt hard and brutal comparatively to what the song conveyed. I think you should have tried to put more freezes. Adopting a more tactical layering would have been nice too.

Requiem for a Team (spitfire) Very good and fun. Your style mixes very well with that kind of music. I'll replay it for sure.

Resurrected Replayer (Kommi) Clearly not your best file but still cool nonetheless. What's cool with you is that even your bad files are nice to play.

Rip Roar Power (MrTea) Nice for scoring ; putting that aside I didn't really like it. this is like the little brother of Cyberstorm : it shares the same identity but I just find Cyberstorm cooler and funnier to play. I felt there was a problem with how you grasped the intensity of the music. Can't say how though.
I really liked Szycag though

Sin (cetaka) Yeah well it's been a long time now since the first time I played this file and my opinion didn't change : still not as good as puppet's (also it better be the last Sin file before a long moment.)

snew sturm (ilikexd) That long 48th stream was a very very good idea to express the coldness and all that. I don't really like the music (the instrument are as cheesy as they can get) but you managed to pull out a good file from that.

Space is Key (SPACE) PAINFULLLL file. overall the file is nice and solid but.....

SpeedDial (IcyWorld) I like how your style allies simplicity and pure jolts of fun. Legit difficulty and perfect layering, the solos are kickass
10/10 file
(icy as good as ever)

St. Alphonzo (Scintill) You have the capacity to spawn super great files with songs I would have considered to be UNSTEPPABLE otherwise. Genius job.

Swing Set (Yesssss) I guess it's okay..... don't think I'll replay it or anything but I didn't hated it... just not my kind of thing.

Synaptic Plasticity (Fission) Good for a mathcore file. I'm not a fan of that sort of music but you managed to make it likeable.

The bridgeport run (Torrent) I love your way to layer IDM like that.

Transparent World (midnight) played oni ; the layering was kinda bad to me ; the streams were okay, that what made the file fun to me...
And the final part was HAAAARRD. Everything else could be fine but... I don't know if you fixed that in your easier difficulties, however making a 16th running man + jumps on 8th notes was ABSOLUTELY NOT NECESSARY and very unpleasant to tap at that. If you wanted to emphasize the brutality of the snare drums then laying trips would have done the thing. I can't see the use of 16th note for that part. Plus it appears at the end of the file so your arms are meant to be tired at the moment, and you have that jolt of difficulty that suddenly makes all the whole thing WAY HARDER.
(I can't imagine how difficult it must be on edit)

tranzport (valor) Ok so the jumpstream at the end wasn't necessary I think, you could have ended the file with simple 8th jumps and trips to emphasize the beat. That aside, the file is very VERY good, you had a lots of great ideas and executed them very well (the rolls in the first part that followed the pitch bending of the looong saw + the freeze monopoly in the middle). Of course it's not as innovative as the version we all played (aperson's file is crazy on that point) but at the same time it felt like you corrected all of the STRANGENESS that were present in ap's file and that annoyed me.
I wondered how one could step it without plagiarizing aperson's file while being as good as ap's and you succeeded to pull out a very enjoyable file. A++ will play again

tzuicha-cha (skorpionx9) Definitely a fun file. I'll maybe replay it someday. I found your layering to be very violent sometimes but I guess it was necessary somehow.

Unconnected (Nick Skyline) The problem I had when I tried to step that song is that the breaks may sound very fun and cool to step, but they reveal to be... quite the opposite in fact. Still a good attempt, I think that's one of the worse file I played from you and I think the song is to blame. (also it doesn't mean the file's bad!!!!! just that it's clearly not as great as the other files you made for that pack peace)

V^3 (mi40) Perfect execution of the chaos that crawls in this song. And by that I mean that's the kind of file with a legit difficulty that is still pleasant to play putting aside the fact it kills your arms.

ZEN (Mr Bob) Simple but powerful. I love your files man, I hope you'll make more in the future.

== KARMA-field== (Stargroup & Don) The final part was my favourite, the rest of the file is very fun too. It lives up to the overall quality of the pack. Good job.

also top 7 of my favorites files !!
1. Laveran no Shokutaku
2. Mirage Garden
3. Cyberstorm
4. Nth Degree
5. tranzport
6. Speed Dial
7. Apocynthion Drive

honourable mention : MarioStep ; YoshL's files (all of them!!)
Old 05-31-2013, 03:04 PM   #146
xVaLoRx
MYFUCKINGSOUND
FFR Veteran

yay I made someone's top 5
Old 05-31-2013, 03:25 PM   #147
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

If you think oni is too difficult for Red Nikita, my original intention was the Heavy. But I deemed it way too easy for the pack so that's why oni exists in the first place, doho.

Yeah, I didn't put any freezes either because I didn't want to ruin the flow. (And I can't tell what's a good freeze pattern to use.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:36 PM   #148
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

haven't played through a lot of the pack, but some files i think are really fun so far and will keep replaying:
polssia, bridgeport run, reefer man, fallen world, i like trains, narcolepsy, ultraviolent junglist, dishevel, asdf, blue rose, mirage garden

files i really did not like and won't be playing again:
sane to more, aegis, lockene, empty skydiving, fashion queen.

also the hardest files are actually fun (waltz of big dogs especially) and ge4ce was fun for what it was even though i can't pass it.

also the files that were in this pack that had a chart in ffr, it seems like the chart on ffr was 100 times better in both instances (toki and demon beast appearance) haha. captain murasa was equally as fun on ffr and sm but it's a gd file so expected.

anyways, overall super fun pack awesome stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
wow
j-rodd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:24 PM   #149
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
A

nice
Old 05-31-2013, 04:49 PM   #150
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
If you think oni is too difficult for Red Nikita, my original intention was the Heavy. But I deemed it way too easy for the pack so that's why oni exists in the first place, doho.

Yeah, I didn't put any freezes either because I didn't want to ruin the flow. (And I can't tell what's a good freeze pattern to use.)
Got it! I'll try heavy in a near future.
However, why do you think freezes may ruin the flow in that one ? When I talked about them I actually thought about minifreezes, it's a smooth way to emphasize the importance of a voice without having to add another note (which is a choice that can significantly overload the whole chart).
Anyway it's all up to you and I guess having that kind of taste is what preserves the diversity of styles (since it's really not related to the quality of your chart) but I just wanted to point that out.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:02 PM   #151
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

i haven't reviewed anything in a long while. am pretty rusty. don't take these too seriously.

starting from bottom to top because fuck you thats why

=== Planet Karma === 9/10
This is a file of great epicness. I love the variation, i love the layering choices, the arrow coloring, the difficulty, and the fact it always throws something at you that never makes you bored. A wonderful journey in the land of stepen manias. Score: 95.97%

[i wanna give you] devotion some retarded ****** mix 5/10 - 6.5/10
This song sounds like cancer, but as the stepfile goes it's alright. The easier chart simplifies too much in my opinion, and becomes very boring with the melody that keeps repeating over and over. The harder chart starts out way better but becomes boring through the song, with some questionable pattern choices. I may be biased because i really don't like this song but i would not play again. Score: 99.39% - 98.14%

Zen 9/10
This file. This fucking file, is perfect. Patterns, rhythms, difficulty. It's a great challenge and it's real.fucking.fun. Good job. Score: 95.95%

Wooly Mammoth Stomp 8/10
Fantastic overall, very well balanced file. Accurately represents the song's musical structure while being pretty fun and challenging. The ending was a bit sudden, i wish it went on for a little more. Score: 96.39%

Why am i here 10/10
Absolutely stunning work, perfectly on sync and really fun to play throughout the song. Layering and patterns were dayum. Score: 98.29%

Waltz no 17 some virkato japanese piano dump 9/10
This file is really hard, but still manages to make sense and be fun from beginning to end. The climax is terrific. When i'll be a grown up stepmamio i'll be all over this shit. Score: 79.65%

Uplift (affected edit) 7/10
This was SO fun until the supergay ending with holds. That seriously ruins the flow. Or i'm just really bad at it. Anyway the song and chart is really solid. Score: 98.01%

Unconnected 8/10
Really hard and really fun. The mines throw you offguard :P Score: 90.85%

Ultraviolent Junglist 7/10
Feels like maybe it drags for too long? There's so many places where you can screw up, scoring on this will be ridiculous. Had an unreal 1400 combo at the beginning, but this file is the first file in the pack that seriously made me sweat. Stepping wise it's awesome and very polished. Score: 92.71%

Tzuicha-cha 4/10 - 6/10
And after the first real stamina-drainer, here's the first disappointment. What is this? The notes are almost never straight 16ths, and some sounds are not accented as they should be. The harder chart somewhat masks this with some more aggressive jumpstream and layering, making it for a decent scoring file, but still. Score: 97.57% - 97.86%

Tranzport 9/10
Perfect. Nothing else to add. The freeze part was actually the only CB spot for me, lol. I love it though. Score: 97.36%

Transparent World 5/10 5/10 6/10 4/10 5/10 can't play edits/10
Beginner could use some vocal layering instead of endless blue notes, light has the uber annoying blue notes but as jumps, and some other sections which are pretty cheap. Standard has the really cheap on handed triplets and has the same boring jump parts exactly as light, but this time there's 8ths in between, making it a little smoother. Heavy doesn't really gives that feeling of simulation even though the arrows are on sync. Pattern choices are very questionable. What's your problem with these freeform streams? Oni is no much better than heavy, but at least adds a tad bit of difficulty... Can't play edit on this stepmania but i expect no better than jumps in the streams and all i have to say is no thanks. Score: quit out (on all of them...)

Toki 10/10
Beautiful song, always interesting to follow, perfect climax, perfect patterns. Score: 98.73%

Time out 9/10
Honestly, i had a body hair boner playing this. Fucking yes. Score: 95.19%

The creator 5/10
This file drags on for too long without anything really memorable happening, and also has poor pattering choices. Score: 96.29%

The bridgeport run 10/10
I came. Score: 90.01%

Synaptic Plasticity 8/10
Besides a couple section this chart is amazing. Great scoring file and very energetic. Score: 96.08%

Swing Set 9/10
Marvelous approach and great execution! Very fun to play and never boring. Score: 99.24%

St alphonzo etc etc 11/10
You sir, you are a genius. Bit i think moustache franks gets part of the merit for making such a kickass song. Score: 98.10%

Sports! 8/10 - 9/10
Very cool file and song Score: 98.92% - 98.00%

Speed Dial 11/10
Easily the best file in the pack. Score: 97.52%

Space is key 10/10
This file FUCKING owns. I love the song, i love the steps, and i love to get wasted playing it. Score: 82.54%

Snow Storm 5/10 - 6/10
Why would you ever make a keyboard chart with absolutely no jumps? The bpm changes are all nice except the awful speedup during the piano 48ths. That was uncalled for and really stupid. The heavy chart is decent except still kind of boring and empty (partially cause of the song) but it could also have used some better layering choices. Score: 99.25% - 98.92%

Sin 8/10
Very well done, but i personally think it could have been more complex (accenting some other sounds) without ruining its flow. A middle ground between puppet's and this would be perfect but PLEASE don't restep this anyone Score: 96.74%

Seven 7/10 - 9/10 - 9/10
Really awesome energetic metal file. Oni is very accurately stepped, heavy still remains really awesome even with the reduced difficulty. Standard simplifies the melody too much, but it's still a great file for low-intermediate players. Only complaint is the 24ths are still there and are a pretty bad diff spike in here… Overall great work though! Heavy is definitely at least 12, not 11. Scores: 96.43% - 96,47% - 88.49%

Sane to More 7/10 - 9/10
What can i say? awesome solos~ Standard has the same "issue" as the above one, and has a pretty bad difficulty spike with all the 16th jumps, but it's not so important. Score: 98.00% - 97.15%

Salieri Strikes Back 10/10 - 11/10
Easily one of the most intense and well stepped files of the whole pack. Played heavy but it's a watered down version of oni and i prefer stepen 4 real men~ Score: 96.76% - 96.65%

Rip Roar Power 8/10
Tru painsteps. Can't accurately judge shit like this but it's well done and never TOO retarded. Score: 80.48%

Resurrected Replayer 6/10
This is definitely a nice chart, but for the whole time it feels it's not representing the song very well, whether it be a problem of patterns or layering choices. That jumpstream at the beginning detracts from the musical richness of the song, and during the quiet part i think the piano should have definitely been followed, feels very off without it. Score: 97.55%

Requiem for A Team 7/10
Really nice to play, but during the sped up 4ths jump section it's not TATATATATATA it's actually more complex than that and making it all jumps feels really shitty. The grace notes that aren't actually grace notes and are made like that just to have a different color are gayer than shit. I would appreciated it a lot more without these things. Score: 98.16%

Refeer Man 9/10 - 11/10
This is a masterpiece. There is so much to say and yet nothing encompasses it more than acknowledging this is a true work of art. Whoever made this, i think it's in the top 10 files i have ever played. Heavy is still pretty good with the mine usage and less jumps, but not as good as oni! Score: Quit out - 97.77%

Red Nikita 8/10 - 9/10
Another really high quality file. Oni is obviously better with its full layering. Enjoyed it a lot. Score: 97.46% - 98.36%

Poppin' Shower 9/10
Awesome file, awesome patterns even in the bursts. Great for scoring and chillin'. Score: 98.29%

Pop a Parade 8/10
This file is absolutely retarded, and i love it. Beginning is very sloppy but it takes off in the second half. Ending is gay. On average it's pretty good tho. The gfx makes me cry period blood. Not a 12 imo. Score: 95.40%

Polssia! 8/10
WHoa *****… Score: 94.65%

Plasmatextor 8/10
Beautiful, but the 48ths jacks really detract from it. They're much harder than anything else in the file. But they only come up so often. The rest is incredibly fun and very beautiful to play. Score: 95.77%

Parousia 9/10
Really beautiful file, intense buildup and climax towards the end. Hard but reasonably done even in the hardest burtsts. Had the AAA until 3/4 of the song… dang. Score: 94.96%

Paradise lost 8/10 - 8/10
Lol that is not a 10. Pretty good scoring file, song is pretty straightforward. Oni is datum. Score: 98.13% - 97.99%

Orbital 9/10
Gimmiks!!!! Really love how the chart is structured and the bpm junk is awesome. Score: 97.79%

Oblivion 9/10
This song and chart pretty much delivers. Not a fan of the freeze part but that was done fairly well and the song didn't give many stepping choices anyway. Score: 98.89%

Nth degree 11/10
OH GOD THIS FILE OH GOD THIS FILE. Fucking expressivemanias man. Speechless. Score: 97.85%

New Lights 8/10 - 9/10 - 6/10
Standard is def not a 9 ;p Heavy rules, oni i have just one word for it: overdone. But i think it might grow on me after a few plays. Score: 98.03% - 97.83% - 91.13%

New Decade 7/10
This is pretty much a carbon copy of the above review for oni but it's the only chart and it's pretty good at following the song, it's just the song that it's pretty gay. Whenever that "boing" sample plays… ugh. Score: 94.62%

Narcolepsy 9/10
Very well structured file, really well done both technically and stylistically. Score: 98.58%

Mr. Lonely 9/10
While some of the patterns are a bit forced, it's a very enjoyable and fun file. It was awesome to get one more file from you, Juan. Score: 98.27%

Mirage Garden 9/10 10/10
Really, really awesome chart, always interesting throughout and very challenging and diverse. One of the best in the pack for sure. Score: 98.77% - 97.22%

MarioSTEP 6/10
It's somewhat accurately stepped, except the pitch relevancy on the 12th wubwub is off and becomes very annoying throughout the song. The ending jacky stream is so dumb, it could have used at least a bit more of variation. Nice file overall but these aspects really detract from it. Score: 91.44%

Lost not Forgotten 8/10
Awesome solos and stuff. Ending is a bit annoying with the jumps but i guess it's just how the song goes. Score: 97.75%

Lockene 0/10
Now i understand that bg… Will never play again until i turn super sayan! Score: 76.43%

Light house 9/10
Very fun file! Gets a bit repetitive but that's just the song. Score: 99.08%

Lawn Wake II 8/10 - 8/10
This file is as good as it can be given the song. Oni gets pretty painstep during the end. Score: 96.68% - 93.40%

Laveran no Shokutaku 8/10 - 8/10 - 9/10 - 8/10 - 7/10
Finally some well done easy charts! I love them! They make complete sense and are done tastefully, so a beginner can learn on them without having some dumb difficulty spikes here and there. Actually, the easy charts are even better than the hard charts. Considering how the song plays, the heavy and oni chart are both pretty irksome… maybe a better pattern choice on the triplets could have helped? Score: 97.97% - 99.39% - 99.48% - 97.63% - 95.00%

Laste testament of twelfth mother 9/10
Kilsteps much? Really well done and interesting throughout file. Score: 97.92%

kona-yla-mina and a lot of other bullshit 7/10
If i wanted to play with flat, i would pick that modifier myself. File is pretty nice but that purple note syndrome really detracts from it instead of being an useful feature. Score: 98.04%

Jordan 8/10
The solos are pretty fun but i think it could have been synced with slight bpm changes instead of all these color notes? Solid file overall although some bursts are kind of annoying. Score: 94.01%

Jack-the-ripper 9/10
Really well done file with good usage of all chart elements, such as mines, holds and hands. Every segment accurately gives the feeling of playing the instruments of that specific part of the song without being redundant. Score: 96.32%

Insect Digestion Melancholy 10/10
This is a stepping masterpiece. Everything fit in perfectly even though the file has very abrupt streams and weird swings. Really, really awesome. Score: 97.84%

Innocent Walls 8/10
This is max a 14 :P and It's fairly well stepped considering the song! The jacks rape me but they are all reasonable and well placed. Score: 92.83%

In the name of Gosh 7/10
Can solos ever become boring? On this file, they can. There's two giant solos and they sound very alike throughout. I do realize syncing them must have been hell but as for the gameplay goes i'm not too happy with this file, as it drags on for a lot and most patterns are very awkward to hit because of the irregular guitar notes. Score: 96.14%

I'm on crack 0/10
Interesting… song choice? Can't take seriously any song with "******" in the lyrics, man. negative points for including that video. I hate background videos. Actually i think this rates eight out of ten Score: 99.12%

I'll rape you, you'll never rape me 8/10 - 9/10
I don't really undersand the need to have two charts that have slight stepping differences but oh well they're both good. My fav is the heavy chart. Score: 98.15% - 97.51%

I like trains 9/10
Oh man, this is so fun, makes me want to sing along! also very nicely stepped Score: 98.29%

Howling 7/10 - 8/10 - 9/10 - N/10
Light is not a 6 :P at least an 8, and has some pretty bad difficulty spikes for a beginner player, although correctly stepped. Standard is pretty good and much more balanced! heavy rules and makes the song much more interesting to play although the instruments aren't very complex here. Edit is probably some gay shit and this ITG/stepmania abomination i created cant play them, so pce out. Score: 99.48% - 99.24% - 98.01% - N%

Haereticus 7/10
I don't know if i'm too bad to play this file or this has some really gay patterns but i don't find it any fun. Good for scoring for sure and probably more double after a few tries, so i won't downvote it too much. Score: 92.13%

Guile of the rime king 8/10
Pretty tricky mines, but well placed and done very effectively. I wish the song was shorter, it sounds all the same and after a while gets a bit boring. Would be a 9 otherwise. Score: 98.71%

Gravestoned 7/10 - 5/10
This song seriously needed a fucking cut. It drags for too goddamn long. While the heavy difficulty is somewhat balanced out, Oni is just… UGH. No. had to quit out of both charts. Also what moches said about this is perfectly true, the stepping style is way too rigid and creates a really unfun chart. But you have potential and i'm sure you can make better shit naxt time man! Drop the bottle, pick up the music!

Go! Go! maniac 10/10
Had lots of fun playing this! It's very well represented through the arrows and it overall rules (this incudes the song) Score: 98.47%

ge4ce 0/10 -10/10
Heavy, oh well, good for u stepmania monsters i guess…………. Edit… don't even wanna see it. Get the fuck out. Score: LOL did you expect me to pass this shit

Five Regrets 9/10 - 9/10 - 9/10 - 10/10
You are starting to become one of my favorite step authors, mr. brenton mah. Flawless file, all the charts make perfect sense and are done very well. Heavy gets the best rating cause it's complete with full layering and very pleasant to play. Score: 99.44% - 99.82% - 99.68% - 98.37%

FFFFFF 8/10
The song isn't very interesting per se, but after halfway it gets much jazzier and becomes more fun to play, too. Maybe a long jumpstream isn't exactly the best choice to accent the sounds, especially the broken jumpstreams in the second half of the song, but still a really nice file. Score: 96.05%

Fatal Tragedy 9/10
At first i was like "wtf? another restep?" but turns out this is the best fatal tragedy of them all. At least i think it is, the others all have some very gay patterns in and out of the solo. Score: 97.36%

Fashion Queen 7/10
I'm not really sure about this. It's well stepped and has some cool funky moments but for the most part the song (it's not a stepping mistakes though) feels very empty and uninspired. The length did not help, either. If it was cut it could have easily been a 9. Score: 98.67%

Far East Nightbird 9/10
Don't think you can ever do better given this song. Some of the mines are really awful and i don't like how difficult it is to read the arrows there, but overall this file is really amazing. Score: 95.36%

Fallen World 9/10 - 10/10
Holy BALLS this file is dope! And it kicks (my) ass. Really wonderful take, extremely well crafted patterns for these melodies and speeds. Fantastic! Score: 95.61% - 91.65%

EOS 11/10
Maybe this file isn't all that special but i really fucking love anything about it, from the song to the steps. And for my level it's perfect as a scoring file. Score: 99.20% (after a few tries)

EndleSSStation 8/10
Does not seem like it is a 13, i would say a 12. Nicely put file but a bit repetitive considering the length. Challenging to the right degree and great patterns. Score: 98.73%

Empty Skydiving 2/10
No. What the hell? I haven't even counted how many minutes this is, but for sure it's TOO many. Ok the steps are good and all but goddamn i never want to play this file again. Wanted to quit at least 5 times and finished just for the sake of reviews. With a decent cut this would easily be around 8 /10, like this it's just endless dumpstream shit for god knows how many minutes. Score: 93.47%

Ehhen Doya Doya Doya brb reading hentai 8/10
The beginning with the jacks and trills is pretty homo but gets better later on. Score: 95.70%

Echo of Forever my file
First file i made in a fucking long time, and really happy with it. I feel there are still minor mistakes but it's too late now.

Eater Merry 9/10
Great climax and great usage of mines! Solid file Score: 98.83%

Earthquak 9/10
h4h4 the mines at the end, pretty great file, only thing i dislike is the minijacks section around 40% where there is clearly a melody going on that doesn't sound like that. That part would have felt more natural that way. Also who needs NVLM when you have mi40? Score: 95.54%

Don't Say Anything 8/10
Definitely a good file but i am biased because i played zanthro's file from back then and i think his captured the light feeling of the melody better. Maybe a mix between the two would have been optimal? I don't know. But this is for sure more accurate and still very well done. Maybe i'll just get used to it… Score: 95.79%

Do it this way 11/10
HOLY HSIT YES i'm really a sucker for these kind of songs. Score: 97.55%

Die Winnipeg Die Die Die Fuckers Die 9/10
Really well done hard file! After a while my fingers stopped working and i couldn't finish playing it properly, but this was amazing. Score: 54.33% (F)

Demonish Animal Appearance 8/10 - 8/10
Hey i made these gfx a thousand years ago! and i think dondon let me test this file, but i didn't have it around anymore… Pretty good file. Heavy flows pretty well even though the structure is a bit rigid, same with oni but with a lot more jumps. Like this file a lot! Score: 98.17% - 96.98%

Cyberstorm 8/10
Well this file is fucking hell, and also fucking fun! Has got a lot of replay value and everything was done incredibly well for a file this hard. My respect goes to whoever made this chart. Score: 86.26%

Crack in the Hourglass 8/10 - 9/10
Really good file despite some pretty gay patterns here and there in the solos. Oni is overall harder and even the bad patterns feel they belong more. Well crafted file which is a real pleasure to play. Score: 98.37% - 97.20%

Contact 7/10
Well done overall but the bursts are ver gay and there's nothing we can do about it. I don't think this is a very fun file even for advanced players? Score: 94.05%

Clash 10/10
Zago, you still have it in you! I love this file and i love the song too! It very well executed and plays wonderfully. Score: 99.24%

CirnoRHTL 9/10
Very very good file, balanced although challenging. Song is wat but i think it gives some interesting stops in which mines and hold were used fantastically. Score: 96.28%

Chronos 9/10
Love this one I'm gay 4 gimmix (get it lol) and i love these broken sounds. Had lots of fun playing this song and the patterns were exactly what i pictured for it. Score: 98.03%

Child Abuse shit 9/10 - 9/10 - 9/10
Standard is a pretty good chart, heavy could actually be the best of the three in terms of playability, but of course oni is much more accurate. They all excel in something. Oni is also BURRRRSSSSTSS. Score: 99.58% - 98.38% - 96.99%

Chaotic White 8/10
This was… beautiful. Very awesome jack theory and song. Maybe some section would have played better if they also followed the piano melody a bit instead of keep jacking. Also i realize the song sounds like this but i hate grace notes placed around a perfectly regular melody. Score: 98.81%

Captin Musasa Ass Clitoris 10/10 - 10/10
MAD. FUN. Nothing to add, other than the color theory on the vocals was an exquisite touch. Score: 99.18% - 97.36%

BSpower Explosion 7/10 - 7/10
What's up with the horses and sheeps and dogs? Anyway cool file, both charts are a bit retarded with these jacks and i think the different instruments could have been arranged better, but still… Score: 96.09% - 94.06%

Blue Rose 11/10
Holy fucking balls. Holy fucking balls. My jaw dropped at this, so bootiful. It will be a pleasure and try and score on this one. My mind drifted away while i was smashing my keys to beautiful pianos <3 Score: 95.83%

Bit Howl 7/10
It drags for a bit too long in my opinion, but it' still well done and has a pretty good climax buildup towards the end. Solid advanced file. Score: 94.41%

Battle! team Plasma 6/10
The song sounds like crap and gives no much room for expressivity, on top of that it repeats itself twice and becomes a bit annoying. Not my favorite file in the pack. Score: 91.77%

Bambous 10/10
Why am i such a sucker for these files? Score: 98.65%

Autoprocess 8/10
Great hard file which totally raped me! But it's done very effectively. Score: 86.70%

Asdfmovie6 Song 11/10
Another keeper of this pack…. as if this pack as a whole wasn't already da bomb…… But i really dig this song and file. Score: 98.05%

Apocynthion Drive 6/10
This took so goddamn long. I feel like some sections were kind of unnecessary and make the file too long and painful to play. Nothing really 79.10 (F)

Aegis 8/10
Song is very boring and sounds pretty bad, but steps were placed in a very sleek way which makes it really fun (for the most part) Score: 97.90%

------

hi mi40 i was unable to fix ure files i think i'll just try to convert the songs to .ogg and see if it changes anything, even though i have the feeling something is wrong with them in the .sm and i dunno how to fix em. They all show up in the editor too??!?!

Last edited by Mollocephalus; 05-31-2013 at 05:10 PM..
Mollocephalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:37 PM   #152
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
[size="3"]Snow Storm 5/10 - 6/10
Why would you ever make a keyboard chart with absolutely no jumps? The bpm changes are all nice except the awful speedup during the piano 48ths. That was uncalled for and really stupid. The heavy chart is decent except still kind of boring and empty (partially cause of the song) but it could also have used some better layering choices. Score: 99.25% - 98.92%
standard is an old index chart that i made and maybe shouldn't have included based on the responses people are giving, as i thought it would be pretty obvious, and some people probably played it thinking it was supposed to be an actual spread chart. owell
ilikexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:47 PM   #153
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

I just don't like the fact that you used an autoplay mp3

mollo I'm 95% sure he made the stream 48th notes to make it look like snow
Old 05-31-2013, 06:00 PM   #154
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
mollo I'm 95% sure he made the stream 48th notes to make it look like snow
Same here and I have to say that was a very cool way to pour some ARTISTIC factors into the chart <3
well unless you played it on xmod but.....
Old 05-31-2013, 06:07 PM   #155
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

theres only two xmod files in the pack and one of them makes no sense
Old 05-31-2013, 07:21 PM   #156
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

which one is the second because I'm itching to play an xmod chart that isn't stupid

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:22 PM   #157
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

orbital is the best one and if you played it cmod you're a worthless ******
Old 05-31-2013, 07:26 PM   #158
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

man i wishE every song was xmod
Old 05-31-2013, 07:40 PM   #159
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
OrBiTaL - was okay to play cmod, but xmod is a nightmare. it's like making beautiful food that's totally inedible. grading this on cmod because xmod would've gotten an awful score 7.5/10

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:24 PM   #160
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
orbital is the best one and if you played it cmod you're a worthless ******
would you like me to tear this file apart