Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Other Music Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-3-2005, 04:23 AM   #1
Flubby4
FFR Player

Default Don't you hate it when....

Don't you hate it when your'e in an arcade, and people walk in and stare at you while your playing DDR. Next thing you know, you have 20 people standing around you? And you can't ignore em because you can see em in the reflection of the screen. Then they start asking questions while you play, while some little kid starts pressing on the pad!
Flubby4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-3-2005, 05:17 AM   #2
Tsuteto
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tsuteto Send a message via MSN to Tsuteto
Default RE: Don

That doesn't happen really around here. I mean, sure, I can get a crowd, but if a child is about to come up, the parent pulls them back. If it's some jerk who's too old to be messing around and should show some maturity, I (would) just make a little extra long movement, sweep his leg out from under him, and continue playing.
Tsuteto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-3-2005, 08:03 AM   #3
kagebunshin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to kagebunshin
Default RE: Don

i actually play better when more people are around...i love to play in front of a crowd because wen i first started playing i was really impressed by the kids who were good....i dont know, maybe im just a showoff :P
Old 05-3-2005, 08:44 AM   #4
magister_negi_magi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to magister_negi_magi
Default Re: RE: Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagebunshin
i dont know, maybe im just a showoff :P
It's not just you, I love to show off too...and as for people stepping on the pad, if it's a little kid, I kindly ask them not to do that anymore; if it's like someone around my age(14) who just wants to mess with me...or ruin my combo cuz he/she doesn't want me to do well, then I stomp on his/her foot, because he/she should know better than to stick their foot on a pad that someone is quickly moving their feet across. It's like playing in traffic, you just don't do it -.-
Old 05-4-2005, 08:30 AM   #5
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm
Default RE: Re: RE: Don

Sometimes, my university gets public school kids touring, and when I happen to be in the arcade when they stop by, I like to show them some of the more difficult 7-footers. One time I did three 7-foot onis in a row, and I think they were impressed. (AM-3P (forget which), Sexy Planet Nonstop, and B4U Beat Mix, if you must know.)

Man, was I wiped out afterward. But it was worth it.
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-4-2005, 09:00 AM   #6
nestlekwik
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to nestlekwik

One time back in day I had some teens who thought they were cool and thought I didn't notice them mocking me while standing behind the machine. I picked Boom Boom Dollar and nonchalantly did the Mel B bar kick and totally smoked one of them square in the head. I was like oops, sorry, don't stand so close please. They left pretty quick after that.

But when people try to talk to me when I'm playing, I just ignore them until the end of the song and then ask them to repeat themselves. They tend to learn pretty quick to not bother me during a song.
nestlekwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-4-2005, 01:27 PM   #7
DDR_9-footer
FFR Player

LOL
DDR_9-footer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-4-2005, 04:15 PM   #8
Neonatrias
MAЯISA
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Neonatrias Send a message via Yahoo to Neonatrias Send a message via Skype™ to Neonatrias

Personally, I love playing with crowds. It makes me feel pressured to do better. That, and freestyling is a lot more fun when you get a round of applause afterwards. ^^
Old 05-4-2005, 05:13 PM   #9
Mariofreak49
FFR Player

Hm...The only place in my state to get a massive crowd (that I know of) is Ocean City, Maryland's biggest tourist attraction...I've had crowds of well over 30 [playing doubles]
Old 05-5-2005, 03:08 PM   #10
1ll-egal
FFR Player

ye it's always nice to get a crowd...but the only place where i can get one is in Playdium,Ontario. Just recently some 3 year old was hanging behind the bar while i was playing and my hand almost hit his head after doing a cross over on r & p...lost my combo and then failed cuz i had to see if he was alriite...his parents should of been watching him. The girls that were playing b4 me also got in sum trouble, the kid went on the pad behind her and she didnt even knoe: it was before the song..pretty funny when i saw her face when she saw him.
1ll-egal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-5-2005, 04:10 PM   #11
Tsuteto
FFR Player

My way of handling the kids: Wave my hand to shoo them away.

Still don't go away? Pick them up and throw them in the nearby garbage can.
Old 05-6-2005, 06:33 AM   #12
hydrojakep
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to hydrojakep Send a message via AIM to hydrojakep Send a message via MSN to hydrojakep Send a message via Yahoo to hydrojakep

One time i was talking to a lady about how I do "so good". She's like, you must come here every day and i'm like no. I say there is home versions, and i dont even play ddr that much.

hydrojakep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2005, 06:47 AM   #13
emccky
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to emccky Send a message via MSN to emccky

I gurantee you have never done that tsuteto
emccky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2005, 10:25 AM   #14
Tsuteto
FFR Player

I've been tempted... but unfortunately, I just pick them up and set them off the pad.
Old 05-6-2005, 10:44 AM   #15
emccky
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to emccky Send a message via MSN to emccky

keke see you haven't XD

I don't play ddr at arcades so I wouldn't know
emccky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2005, 04:47 PM   #16
down2earth
FFR Player

I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT!! But it's fun to stare at them instead :P lol.. I DONT KNOW HOW TO USE THE FORUM!!
down2earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-9-2005, 08:25 PM   #17
DemonHost
FFR Player

Default Re: Don't you hate it when....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flubby4
Don't you hate it when your'e in an arcade, and people walk in and stare at you while your playing DDR. Next thing you know, you have 20 people standing around you? And you can't ignore em because you can see em in the reflection of the screen. Then they start asking questions while you play, while some little kid starts pressing on the pad!
I hate it when people stare at you, and give you a weird look like: "What the hell is that fat kid doing?"

This may not really have anything to do with DDR, but I was at this arcade one, and I was playing one of those shooters with my friend (Jurassic Park!!) and this kid kept watching, which diden't bother me, but then hes like "WOW! I never got past that, but the worst is yet to come" and he would say that after any hard part in the game, and then he cept asking if he could play and shit. Then I was playing a diffrent game, and he kept asking if he could just play it for a while and crap. So I gave him the machine, and told him to screw off
Old 05-9-2005, 08:37 PM   #18
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird
Default RE: Re: Don

I played DDR back when it was still kind of foreign to most people. The only time I ever really got a crowd was at Caeser's Palace in Las Vegas. It was weird having 20+ people (old and young) clap for you after you finish a song.

At the time, I was still struggling to pass Max 300, so I figured I'd give it a try since I was so pumped so many people were actually watching me play...well, I picked Max Unlimited accidently and failed miserably.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-9-2005, 08:40 PM   #19
Silver_Brian
¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(o_°)/¯
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default RE: Re: Don

I usually like small crowds (yes i like showing off, i admit). Only at my bowling alley, this group of 7th graders comes to "play" air hockey. Meaning they scream bloody murder and ****ing throw off my concentration. They're that loud. So one time i told them to shut the hell up. They still do it -_-. The only people who make fun of ddr can't play ddr themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogle-master
i now have another excuse to grow a dick
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFishRevolution View Post
"i've seen your little boy's penis"
Silver_Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 05:58 AM   #20
RevenG-
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to RevenG-

Yesturday at Disneyland I had a crowd of +20 people(being Disneyland) and yes some little kid came and started pressing the other mat while I was playing LoM. I didn't want to be mean so I let it be, however, a guy behind me was yelling "boo" randomly. But I still played really well.