Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2012, 05:01 AM   #1
zegsigma
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to zegsigma
Default game idea - Achievements/Challenges (please read)

I have an idea for some extra add ons to the game.

it would be a list of achievements to get all from lifetime game achievements to simple 1 song plays.

i was thinking the list would look like the level ranks page and would mark off whenever you get it.

they would be similar to Tokens but some a lot easier and some about the same as the harder ones.

the reason i am thinking of this is because since i have reached my FC limit at my skill level for the moment i have been getting a little bored with knowing what songs to play.

so i was thinking if there was many many achievements to get it would get me to play more and more.

i good thing is cos some will be very easy and quick to complete there can be hundreds of achievements

you can have them based around genre, difficulty level all time.

E.G

play (number) games (can have many of the same with different play amounts.

play all Diff 5 songs in a row (can be done with any difficulty or any genre)

write (number) forum posts

these are some very limited ideas but as time goes on i think many people will have good ideas about it.

this idea can be changed but i was going for something that can go for something else to do on the game that are easier than tokens but obviously there should be some that are as tough if not tougher than tokens

as an incentive each achievement should come with a credit reward or something like that.

Thats it for this post from me, please let me know if you like the idea or how it can be improved.

P.S

if a achievement is about total game plays or GTS it should start from when achievements are released so everyone on the game has to start from the beginning to achieve them.
zegsigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:40 AM   #2
Cyth The Raccoon
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Cyth The Raccoon Send a message via Skype™ to Cyth The Raccoon
Default Re: game idea - Achievements/Challenges (please read)

Achievements really seem to be the fad of the 21st century; everything has them now, and most are useless (PS3, Xbox 360, Kongregate, etc). We do have an achievement system, as you already mentioned, the tokens. The only real difference is that these achievements actually unlock stuff. In terms of your achievement ideas, we do have some that are very similar already as tokens. Here are some examples:

Token 30 - 1 billion grand total
Token 31 - Average rank <1000
Token 32 - FC 50% of songs
Token 33 - Multiplayer Level of 10
Token 34 - FC 99% of songs
Token 35 - Positive score on every public song (essentially, play every song)

As for skill tokens, you suggested stuff like passing all 5's in a row. There's skill token 35 that requires you to FC the 4 longest songs in a row, skill token 63 that gets you to FC 3 specific standard songs in a row, and so on. I think the real thing you would want is more tokens to be released, since it would be redundant to have both tokens and achievements. n.n

Edit - From a quick view of your profile, I see you have only half of the skill tokens. Go unlock the rest! :3
Most recent AAA (#425): Night Walker

Last edited by Cyth The Raccoon; 01-30-2012 at 05:43 AM..
Cyth The Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:58 AM   #3
zegsigma
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

well that is where it came from aswel i cant unlock the rest, i have been trying to 2 days and constantly playing the songs that are needed.

i know there are some but skill tokens are main awards, what i was suggesting was something similar but have hundreds of them if possible. something for people to do either having less skill to unlock the major tokens.

i know it is annoying that everything has acheivments but i like the idea of having more to do. i would have suggested them to bring out more skill tokens but i was suggesting a huge list of random acheivments that can be done if people want.

the problem is, there isn't enough public songs on the game so if they brought out 250 acheivments they could make more public songs

if they brought out another 250 skill tokens that means there would be another 250 songs that not everyone could play.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:57 AM   #4
wildfireskunk
Purveyor of tea
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to wildfireskunk Send a message via MSN to wildfireskunk Send a message via Skype™ to wildfireskunk

I think this is a good idea. Looking around peoples profiles, a lot of people who aren't total pros (like myself) have loaded their profile up with aims and goals to achieve. For most people, they struggle to really improve without a sense of direction and some things to aim for, and I'm wholeheartedly a supporter of achievements because they generally provide exactly that.

The token system on the site is good and all, but it doesn't reasonably offer you a skill curve to work towards. So many of them are things you'd never aim to do if there wasn't a token for it (anti-skill, play 4 longest songs in a row, AAA X song 3 times in a row), so they aren't really there to coax you higher on the skill curve.

Reaching certain ranks, avranks, GTs, % of songs players, number of tokens unlocked, FCs, AAAs, first 8/9/10/11/12/13 passed/FC'd/AAA'd, FC/AAA all songs of X difficulty, etc etc. The list goes on, and they're all things to aim for that promote improvement. I think having it as a sitewide thing for everyone to have on their profiles would be really good

+1 support.

wildfireskunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

Already been on the drawing board for a long time.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #6
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

"I've FCed all I can to my ability and now I'm bored at my plateau."
Possible solutions in order of probability:
* Get better by playing songs you can't FC yet.
* Play multiplayer, a little friendly competition brings a whole new level of fun to the game, as well as growing your skill level.
* Participate in the Pseudo-Skill Tokens Thread. There are some doozies in there, but your average player has a shot at unlocking at least ten.
* Create your own list of achievements to help you get better. Start with things you know you can do and increment up a very small step each time until you notice yourself getting better, whether they be milestones or individual scores, it's up to you.
* The admins are going to stop doing their other work and create a super list for everyone because it's not like there's over 1,500 songs in the game to practice with already. (Note: this is at the bottom of the list)

It would be neat to have something like this, but I would only like to see it when and only when the admins don't have other important things to do.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #7
zegsigma
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
"I've FCed all I can to my ability and now I'm bored at my plateau."
Possible solutions in order of probability:
* Get better by playing songs you can't FC yet.
* Play multiplayer, a little friendly competition brings a whole new level of fun to the game, as well as growing your skill level.
* Participate in the Pseudo-Skill Tokens Thread. There are some doozies in there, but your average player has a shot at unlocking at least ten.
* Create your own list of achievements to help you get better. Start with things you know you can do and increment up a very small step each time until you notice yourself getting better, whether they be milestones or individual scores, it's up to you.
* The admins are going to stop doing their other work and create a super list for everyone because it's not like there's over 1,500 songs in the game to practice with already. (Note: this is at the bottom of the list)

It would be neat to have something like this, but I would only like to see it when and only when the admins don't have other important things to do.
i knew something like this would be posted, i have to say that i have been at the level i am now for quite a while, i know i need to get better and FC more but what i am saying is that even if i do, after i FC new songs then there is no need to play that song again, i can't AAA cos of the lagg on my computer so that is not an option and i really hate playing the same song over and over again.

i am not saying that the admins don't have anything better to do i am just saying that i think the idea would be fun for more challenges for players to do and if you looked at my profile you will see i do have normal and skill tokens and i keep aiming for more every day but most involve a high skill level for it to be possible to get. i am just suggesting something that would be better for lower level and higher level players.

oh and no one is ever on multiplayer when i am wanting to play so i can't do that for more fun.

i do appreciate what you are saying but i had thought of them all and still thought there should be something else so that is why i created this post.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #8
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

see: option 4.

PS use a standalone if you lag.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #9
zegsigma
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
see: option 4.

PS use a standalone if you lag.
i was trying to get that to work yesterday for about 6 hours + and it came online but it would never play a song, it would start and then end as if i quit the song but my hand was not on the keyboard, it happened every time and no one could figure it out so i gave up.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #10
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

standalone version and operating system?

Old 01-31-2012, 08:01 AM   #11
zegsigma
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
standalone version and operating system?
flash 11 - mac