Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2011, 09:29 PM   #41
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 6

It's really short, which is probably why the song ended up as an 8. And then those other short 9 songs were probably forgotten about.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:52 PM   #42
hobgoblinpie
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Meh. Seems similar to Famouz in difficulty so could probably be boosted to a 9. Have a blackflag on Famouz and Blackbooflag on Eclipse.

6th in D2 - FFR Official Tournament 2011

FFR Rivals: Zekramcross and magicturbo

Best AAA's: Yoshi's Cookie, Seven, Gaussian Blur 3 (All 9's)
80%of all Public Songs FC'd - 02/01/2012
hobgoblinpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #43
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Sorry for super late reviews, I got sick and couldn't play the game anymore! I decided to try it out this morning and let's see how it turns out.

Division 1 Round 5 Tiebreaker: Eclipse.

Well... So this is the song 3 guys in D1 had 1 day to play to see which one will survive? It's kinda sad. I would have loved to see how the beginner division (not so beginner anymore, heh?) would have came out of this!

I originally didn't have the greatest hopes for this song. I played it earlier this week and only got a massive headache, then I threw up, even though it's not even the ¾ of a minute long.

However, as I sit here playing this again, my opinion on this kind of changed. It's short and there aren't too many different spot, it's basically the same thing over and over. The chart is pretty damn dense for a VD level. I actually feel it is even more dense than famouz, which is a C...

Anyway, it is generic, but well stepped. It sort of flows too! But there are hands, and it'd suck to assume that D1 players all own a keyboard capable of 3 keys input.

As far as the song, it's ok. A bit repetitive though. I don't think that anyone playing this file will consider it memorable... At least, I won't. And it's not because of the lenght, because Excite Bike (roflmao), On Conquest and Capture and Brooks was here are all memorable files. And this is meh.

Overall, even if it poses a decent PAing challenge for beginners, it's good that they only had 1 day to challenge each others with this. It served its purpose well, but it's gonna be forgotten pretty soon if you ask me.

Division 1 Round 6: Liberate.

Rofl, really? Disturbed on here? I guess a lot of people will appreciate that!

Personnally not a fan of Nu metal (If you wonder, I'm more of a fan of Technical Death Metal/Black Metal/Old Melodic Death Metal or stuff like that. Classic metalhead, just maybe not as big over Thrash Metal as others are... I'm just a viking! xD), but I will say that I enjoyed playing through this one.

I don't think I'll be playing this file over and over though. It's even more generic than Eclipse, but at least it's stepped accurately. The chart itself isn't a highlight of any kind here!

The real highlight is only the song. For the fans. Disturbed fanboys will be in awe in front of this files, like I was when I played FFR for the first time on Children of Bodom's myspace (back then, they had 2 Blooddrunk files and I couldn't play either lol). I ditched the widget because it only had songs from their shittiest album in existence and inb4 ragequit.

But here I am about 4 years later typing this! I can definitely see how this could hook up a few newbies!

Also, I'm gonna take the time to say 2 things.

- DON'T get rid of the rock genre. It's FFR's best publicity.
- Bring back the widgets.

So yeah. Not a memorable level, but an important addition. That is all.

Division 2: Haruka Kanata.

omg. OMG did I ****ing hope that this was Naruto's second japanese opening! It's also called Haruka Kanata...

But sadly, it isn't

Instead D2 got a pretty sweet trance song. It was stepped by Kjwkjw (have to work really hard to resist pronouncing his name like a frenchie), and this is kind of a "seal of quality approval" or whatever. Every single file that Kjwkjw submitted has been great. Fan of Yuuyu much, bro?

It flows well, and bears a good harmony with most of the stuff on here. If someone randoms lvl 9s, it'd be a lucky get, heh. I'd say it's easier than last round. All the streams, bursts and rolls are tons of fun!

Not much more to say about it though. Flawless job!

Division 3: Captain Murasa’s Ass Anchor.

I'm not really sure what the hell hit me while playing this.

This is Touhou? Wtf!!! Where are all the classic piano/trumpet arrangements? =(

Nevertheless, it's pretty sweet of a file. The song is retarded of course, but the file itself is great.

Even though the chart is a huge ragebait to me, it's awesome. Pretty complex, not repetitive in any way, and it's over sooner than one can expect. It's perfectly stepped and tons of fun to play!

I've heard of Gundam Dude's Stepmania files before, and even though I don't recall playing Radiant, nor have the time to play it at the moment, I gotta say that I'm impressed. He lives up to his reputation, hehe!

Also, the main highlight of this song is clearly that it is pretty, hehe! Good job, must have taken lots of time!

Division 4: Mermaid Island.

Ahaha, it's one of those songs.

The title of those songs can be guessed even if there are no lyrics in it. It does feel like "mermaid island".

It's not too hard of a FMO. Huge trilling action though. Love them or hate them, they're all over this file, as much as rolls are in kono spoon.

Okay maybe not as much.

I personally wouldn't have stepped this song that way. Wayyyy too hard for the relaxing feel of the song. But it's still great in my opinion. It's harder than colorful course, but I'm REALLY surprised that no D4er has AAA'd this yet. Cammy "Dossar alt" GoesRawr, the hell are you doing? xD

Anyway, it's flawless. Halogen is apparently not only a god of arrow mashing, but also a pretty great stepartist, pretty much like Leonid and pretty much unlike another arrow mashing god that I won't name *COUGHCOUGHDOSSARCOUGHCOUGHOUGH*...

Division 5: Indo No Sobaya.

Definitely one of the easiest FGOs out there!

I'm never too sure about playing a t+pazolite file. I either love it or hate playing through.

This one is on the love side. =)

If I had the necessary required skill to attempt AAAs on FGOs, this is probably what I'd go for.

It's well stepped but there was much more potential for this song though. This could have be a massive shitblast of intensity. But not that much to complain about the file really. It's complex, dense, unique, tricky and heavy. What else can you ask for?

The song sucks though.

Good job spitfire.

Division 6: Slashmaid (Instrumental).

wow. WOW.

All I have to say is wow.

EASILY Dossar's best file.

If only this had Death Metal vocals it would have been a decent Grindcore song...

It's tastefully heavy and pulls a decent amount of strain on your forearms, and it feels sooooo nice. It's a bit insane, as the song itself is. I'm surprised this isn't full of AAAs, and I can't believe OWA is below the cutoff line. Isn't this supposed to be his strong suit? =P

I dunno, maybe it's because I'm retarded, but I found this file awesome and... Even not as hard as people make it seems. Maybe I find it less hard because I didn't like D6's last round's song and didn't have much will to put any kind of energy into it. This one litterally kept me on driving (OH PUN) all through. Now one of my favorite FGOs.

Perfectly charted, an awesome addition to the game, and a super great challenge to pose to the top tier players.

Dossar just pooped a gem.

Endnote.

All the songs from this round are gold worthy.

That is all.

I wish I was still in to get a better feel of them all.

And I wish I wasn't still ill so I could at least play them decently.

Can't wait to see what's up for round 7...

Awesome job to everyone who made it so far. And good luck to them all as well! Especially to all my rivals! =D

The only thing that sucks is that I can't put out decent reviews anymore. This sucked cock. I may edit them with my phone tonight. But I don't have all of my head at the moment so I guess I'll use that as an excuse.

Also, HAIPE, you guys.

And merry holidays to everyone on FFR!

Last edited by Hateandhatred; 12-27-2011 at 05:27 PM..
Hateandhatred is offline   Reply With Quote