Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Art and Graphics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #21
Mythix
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Mythix
Default Re: Gumpert Apollo WIP - 3D modelling.

Done alot of sick retopology you can't tell, but I know it's been done which matters!
This isn't really a render, just 1 skylight for a fake enviroment because the last picture was abit too lame imho xD Wheels are too reflective, and the rubber too clean/smooth so I will have to do those again but I'm bad at details like that so I didn't plan ahead.. Next time I will ;] When I'm done with the back, I'll add planes/gazoline led/windshields and the vent on the roof...

Not sure if I want to model the engine first, or the interior... Oh well, time will tell!
Old 01-11-2011, 07:25 PM   #22
Mythix
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Old 01-17-2011, 04:45 PM   #23
Mythix
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Time to go up a notch:

Last edited by Mythix; 01-17-2011 at 06:17 PM..
Mythix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:23 PM   #24
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

so ****ing sexy
Old 01-22-2011, 05:53 PM   #25
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark

The whole front end looks strange to me, like it's not completely proportional, or maybe too elongated or something. For the last picture I'm assuming you added the blur and smoke in ps xD

It's looking pretty good so far though, MUCH cleaner than your last two models. Post up a front and left viewport wireframe? I just want to compare it to the real car and maybe see what it is that looks off.
darkshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #26
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

what i think makes it look off is the fact that the center sticks out so much further than the headlights.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:25 PM   #27
Mythix
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Due to the size I will upload them as links this time:

http://img214.imageshack.us/i/sidewievwire.jpg/
http://img195.imageshack.us/i/wireandwievport.jpg/

Hmm I agree with the front, but also the curvature is what kills it abit, it's abit too smooth in the last two middle wireframes, it's supposed to be abit steeper.. My bad, won't take too much tweaking though.

Also man that mirror is giving me so much trouble. Finally headlights is coming along, and I'm cutting myself over the mirror.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #28
Mythix
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Time to take it up a notch imho:

Old 02-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #29
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark

Oh god it's so dark. Go play with the curves in photoshop, it's really hard to see when it's a black car with black windows on a black background.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #30
who_cares973
FFR Player

even with the lights off are the bulbs of the lights white/yellow lol. the insade of the care is really really dark which it shouldnt be but other than that hoooooooooooooooly shiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttt
Old 02-26-2011, 08:04 PM   #31
Mythix
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Oh god it's so dark. Go play with the curves in photoshop, it's really hard to see when it's a black car with black windows on a black background.

-insert random DARKshark pun here-

And yeah the interior is invisible anyways, I really struggle to maintain a nice seethrough with refraction on guess I'ma drop it all together~

I'll upload a standard, notsogodamnglossy render with skylight on asap =)
Old 02-26-2011, 10:09 PM   #32
Mythix
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Warming filter became around 5% too dominant, but other than that contrast and glossiness on this was generally all around better. Did a mix map for the glass because I am a noob....
EDIT: Removed "total black" from the photo, and no fancy gradient background. Also reduced contrast as you see, the warming filter was a bad idea but I have 2 screens, and one is crap, did PS on that for no appernt reason and when uploaded it was brown.. Gosu ;]

Added one without my bleaching... xD compare away!

Last edited by Mythix; 02-26-2011 at 10:20 PM..
Old 02-27-2011, 12:29 PM   #33
Mythix
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Omg I haven't welded the edges on the track good enough before I collapsed -.- NOOB workflow -.-
Also "shell" is disabled on this rim;

EDIT: omfg refraction enabled on the breakdisk -.-

Last edited by Mythix; 02-27-2011 at 12:33 PM..
Old 02-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #34
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Haha refractions. Easy fix though. The tire tread looks really...gummy? Can't think of any other word to describe it. Also you might want to add a box UVW mapping to the front carbon fiber lips, the texture is getting pretty stretched.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:40 PM   #35
Mythix
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Hmm I have a box on it.. I'll play with tiling and planar, but won't be too hard to just unwrap it either..

Do you use anything else than GI enviroment/vray light and scenery when you render for realism?

Also DS when I look at that wheel, I feel it's too black. Like, too clean. Perhaps a light/dark falloff on it? Like I said I feel like I stumbled into a whole new world when I opened vray but I'm comfortable nevertheless xD
Old 02-28-2011, 04:03 PM   #36
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

When I go for realism I usually turn to HDRI and GI. A falloff on the tire could actually look pretty good if you can pull it off, but I think I would try a better lighting setup, and maybe just lighten the overall texture a little bit first. Also, on that rubber material, you should turn down the Reflective glossiness (located right under the color picker for vray material reflections) to about .80 and turn the subdivs up to 12-16ish, I think that might help offer a bit more realism as well.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:45 AM   #37
Mythix
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Gah I've forgotten to update this.
The car is currently being animated for a L4D/Carmageddon scene, uploading afew screens.. The picture is just a front with absolutely no lighting, plain picture to test one of the textured ones! Uploading pictures of car/city and.. Probably something else.

For the tech savvy ones; the rig is just the drifting tutorial dummies/masters, the actual rig path/chain/code etc is remade to fit the car, using rotation/360 on wheels.

Oh well, I'm doing all the texturing modelling for the project, not gonna pesture with the other cities and parts of it since it's unrelated to the car ^^

Will upload a link to the movie when we're done with the project, atm it's enclosed and we're not allowed to upload it anywhere on the net and it should be pretty clear why we can't =P

Cheers ^^
Old 06-3-2011, 12:35 AM   #38
Mythix
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

k

adding the mirrors but after that I'm done with this model, can't get much more out of it's current state as I've taken so many lazy shortcuts in making it I feel like it's getting maxed.. Was fun ^^
Old 06-3-2011, 11:17 AM   #39
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

That is such a bad looking environment to have the car driving around in (talking about your ps1 looking game level) it deserves so much better than that lol. Good job on this though, took you EONS but it came out pretty nice. Looks like you need to redo the UV on that blood splatter texture too, it's getting stretched as it wraps around the front end.

I'd be interested in seeing what you did on the interior of this car.
Old 06-3-2011, 11:31 AM   #40
who_cares973
FFR Player

the light on the car in the final pick doesnt look right but other than that wow. can you upload a 1200x800 resolution picture so i can use it as my desktop background?