Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

Default Rift

Is a lot better than WoW. Discuss.

I played WoW for about 3 months. I got really annoyed with the elitist fagroids though, so I switched over to Rift. Graphics are a lot better, gameplay is essentially the same, class system is amazing, and the rift system is AWESOME AS SHIT.

You'll be walking along the road towards the next city, and then all of a sudden, THUNDER. BOOM BOOM SHAAAAA KA SPSSSSSSHHHH and now there's a hole in the sky. A portal to another plane of existence. Depending on what kind of rifts open up in the part of the world you're in, it could be a death/life/fire/water/air/earth. Might be more kinds, but I haven't progressed very far. The best thing about these rifts, is that anyone nearby can run to your aid in closing them. All they gotta do is run to the general area you're in, and a nifty button pops up that let's them join your group. All of a sudden, there's 20 people in your raid group and you're destroying everything that's coming out of the rift. Once the rift is closed, everyone gets their own separate cache of items (could be random rift-based items, artifacts, planar currency that let's you buy the best gear).

If a rift is kept open too long, it sends out groups of invaders that go to the nearest town/village and capture it by destroying the wardstone there. Once it's taken over, you have to take it back or you can no longer quest there. Most of the time, it's a group of elites, so grouping up for a massive assault is usually necessary.

The class system is awesome, too. You choose a calling (warrior, cleric, rogue, or mage), and then you pick 3 souls for each calling. I'm currently a Rogue, speced into Bard/Marksman/Bladedancer. Picking souls allows you to customize almost exactly how you want to play the game. If you want to be a chainmail wearing cleric that can own face but can also heal allies, then there are souls for that. If you want to be a crazy plate-wearing tank that keeps it's enemies cowering in fear while you tear them to shreds, there are souls for that too.

Seriously, this game is awesome. If it doesn't get super big, I'll be very upset. It was released with very very few bugs, something that doesn't happen very often with large games. Remember FFXIV? Big hype, terrible release. It took XIV almost 3 months to get the game to a decent standing, but by that time, all the casual players were gone and not looking back.

ANYWAY. Long story short, try this game out.
AsphyxZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Rift

how much? monthly fee?
Old 04-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

$50 for regular, $60 for Collector's Edition. $15 a month. Same ol' same ol'.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #4
ELRayford
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

This is the next game I am purchasing.
ELRayford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #5
Silhac
FFR Player

You can actually get the game on a cheaper per month basis if you buy multiple months at once. If I recall correctly, you can make it 12 or 13 dollars a month if you set it to 6 or 3 months at one time (respectively)

I also play, and I have to say the community is a lot better than WoW's is at the moment from what I've seen...I have yet to see constant trolling in the trade/general chat channels, nor have I seen the multitudes of general morons anywhere you go...of course, they may be out there, but they've done a great job in avoiding me.
Silhac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:19 AM   #6
Complecs
FFR Player

Played til max level on my inquis, game gets really boring.
Complecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:51 AM   #7
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

gr8 first post.

Super excited for the world event this weekend, it's supposed to be a massive death invasion with 3 bosses per zone. I'll probably help out in Silverwood since I'm only lvl 21 and Gloamwood gets higher than that.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #8
Complecs
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphyxZero View Post
gr8 first post.

Super excited for the world event this weekend, it's supposed to be a massive death invasion with 3 bosses per zone. I'll probably help out in Silverwood since I'm only lvl 21 and Gloamwood gets higher than that.
You'll see, you will more than likely burn out on the game before 40 like most everybody else. I'm happy you're enjoying it right now, hope you're getting your monies worth.
Complecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #9
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

I role play, I highly doubt I'm going to quit anytime soon.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #10
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

World event was a flop due to bad queue times on servers, lag, and bugged bosses (very little loot). Heard it was worse for people that fought the main boss Asbeth. But Trion actually apologized for it and is giving everyone who was in queue and who participated an in-game letter containing random loot that we should have got from this event.

And patch 1.2 is on the way, with a ton of new shit. I'm excited as ****.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:34 AM   #11
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

PATCH 1.2 WAS/IS AWESOME. Game is still going pretty strong, and they now have a recruit-a-friend. If anyone is interested, clicking this will give you a 7 day free trial.

I PLAY ON FAEBLIGHT, FOR ANYONE WHO PLAYS.
Old 06-1-2011, 01:28 PM   #12
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark

I might check this out, the videos of it I've seen are pretty awesome looking.
darkshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2011, 01:41 PM   #13
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

How long would it take to reach end game?
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2011, 12:31 PM   #14
Mad.V
FFR Player

I appreciate Rift for its impressive graphics and unique gameplay, However it's not a World of Warcraft killer, and its unlikely that any other MMO will be able to topple the current reigning king that is WoW, but Rift comes pretty damn close.
Mad.V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2011, 01:14 AM   #15
jonsparker
Banned

I too would like to go for this new game. I hope it will be interesting as it seems in the video.
jonsparker is offline   Reply With Quote