Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-7-2011, 07:57 PM   #21
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: If you want to change one thing in the past, what would it be?

I wouldn't change my past; my life is fine enough as of now.

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2011, 07:58 PM   #22
Emithith
FFR Player

One thing? Hmm, that's a hard one. I for one probably would've liked to have never met my dad. We've had to move numerous times because of it and even now I have to put up with the crap. *sigh* Life isn't gonna change that simply though.
Emithith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2011, 08:09 PM   #23
RB_Quackies
FFR Veteran
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to RB_Quackies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emithith View Post
I for one probably would've liked to have never met my dad.
I had a terrible past with my father as well, and I'd rather not go into details but a "sober" and "different" man contacted me last year, first time even hearing of his existence in over four years, and I could probably say it was a big mistake to meet him as well.

However, that probably isn't what I'd change, if anything it would probably be not seeking help for depression or (insert something illegal / father related), because throughout my teen years it absolutely tore me apart. I have to admit, I would not have been as mature if it never happened, but I just wish I could go back to slap myself in the face and say "STUPID. STOP THIS."
RB_Quackies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2011, 08:19 PM   #24
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

Everything. End of story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom
Cold Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2011, 08:21 PM   #25
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Of course I've had a horrible past (with family, school, etc.) but I wouldn't want to remorse, neither would I think about wanting to change that. I'm happy with the way I am and I plan on staying like that for everyday of my life.

But if I were to change something in the past, it would be my shyness. I have such an urge to talk about stuff but it just stays trapped inside me.

Last edited by AlexDest; 04-7-2011 at 08:26 PM..
AlexDest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2011, 08:26 PM   #26
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDest View Post
Of course I've had a horrible past (with family, school, etc.) but I wouldn't want to remorse, neither would I think about wanting to change that. I'm happy with the way I am and I plan on staying like that for everyday of my life.
Alex, you make me happy :] I wish I could see life that way.
iironiic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2011, 11:10 PM   #27
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

world war 2!!!!
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2011, 02:21 AM   #28
Patricoo
FFR Player

I probably would have spent all the time spent on posting useless things on message boards and put that into reading a book or two.
Old 04-8-2011, 02:23 AM   #29
Staiain
Can't handle my ÆØÅ
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Staiain Send a message via MSN to Staiain Send a message via Skype™ to Staiain

I'd definitely wanted to learn a language or two
Staiain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2011, 05:35 AM   #30
rsr2
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl
FFR Veteran

I have two that I would change in a heart beat.

1. Took High School more seriously. My mom always wanted me to maintain A's in school. But it slipped away on my Freshman year in High School. My GPA after that was around 1.3. I never really cared for it until my Psychology teacher inspired me to do better. But it was late in my Junior year where I started to take school seriously. First half of my Junior year was 2.4 GPA. Second half was 4.0 and I got a 26 on my SAT's (Stupid math screwing me over >_>) and my Michigan Merit Exams I scored 4th of the class. Then Senior year, I maintained a 4.0 GPA. I just wished I did this throughout my entire High School so that it would give me better opportunities like my friend have now.

2. Get my driver's license. I got my permit because everyone did and I wanted to drive. But I just never got my license because my family was too poor to afford a car so I had no need for it. Eventually my dad found a job and I did too to help support. However, it was really tough getting to work without a car or a license. But eventually we moved away and I still haven't gotten it. However one main reason is I am afraid. I have been in 6 accidents in my life (recently was last month and I chipped two teeth) so I am just afraid to drive because I don't want to hold responsibility on myself because I feel it's a lot of pressure to drive and keep everyone safe considering anything can happen. I know this may seem weird but I am just really afraid of harming anyone even if it isn't my fault in anyway. However if I did get my license when I had the chance, I wouldn't be so afraid. When I drove I enjoyed it, but that long break that I didn't drive or cared, made me afraid. I know I will get it eventually, it's trying to convince myself everything will be okay, is something that will take time.
rsr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2011, 05:40 AM   #31
Jousway
FFR Player

I would change my mom's child hood and made her die in an slow and painfull car accident, so I will never be born and she will suffer a slow and painfull death

Jousway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2011, 05:45 AM   #32
Ziergdsx18
ℜ1 ステップチャート 著者
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Ziergdsx18 Send a message via MSN to Ziergdsx18 Send a message via Skype™ to Ziergdsx18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jousway View Post
I would change my mom's child hood and made her die in an slow and painfull car accident, so I will never be born and she will suffer a slow and painfull death
*speechless*

| irc.rizon.net | #touhouradio - Come listen! |
Ziergdsx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2011, 08:29 AM   #33
TC_Chronichild420
Aged Stoner
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
- I wasted 2 years doing maths and working because I was horribly behind and I was missing requirements.
- I wasted 1 year doing a certification that I failed on third semester. (but I could transfer credits from those classes to my main course so, it wasn't so bad)
- I wasted 3 years doing the College course of Computer Science to figure out that I'm constantly failing every programming-related classes while doing okay on everything else. ?_?
- I'm currently at my 8th semester and still lol-taking random classes and passing enough of them to not get kicked out. /halp

I wish I would have dropped that before and came out with some great idea but yeah, even now I don't know what I want to do so, I just keep running in circle in that course and every teachers knows me and they're like what you're still here? I think it's funny but at same time I'm starting to wonder what the hell I should have done. Next step would be to try with contacts to figure out a place where they could somehow accept me and teach me what I'm missing and then work but I don't know. It's not like I messed up somewhere really bad or anything, I just don't know what to do. I don't need to change the past, I need to change the present lmao..
Wow eh. Hopefully once I'm in college and uni, I don't start to think this isn't what I want to do anymore.

Definitely an eye opening post though man. Thanks.
Old 04-9-2011, 12:19 AM   #34
MarukuAntoni
mmmMMMmmm
FFR Veteran

Take care of my teeth. They suck now. As a kid all i cared about was video games. I never really took care of myself.
Old 04-9-2011, 12:33 AM   #35
m3t4kn1ght
I have a calico cat
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to m3t4kn1ght

Accept there was somethin wrong with me, i have ADD and i never would accept any comments people made about what i might have. I just would not believe it. Now i do know i have it, and in the time i did not know i had it there was nothing done about the concentration problem. it cost me a high level school to slip away to a low level school where i really hate it. Since then i am having a terrible time and i hate about everybody there.

Last edited by m3t4kn1ght; 04-9-2011 at 12:36 AM..
m3t4kn1ght is offline   Reply With Quote