Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #141
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Default Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3

Pheonix IMO is still more balanced, people just need to learn to snapback and the fact that she has the most ridiculously lowest health in the game should cancel out the fact that X-factor Dark Pheonix is broken, just a bit more than Sentinel's damage.
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #142
Anakinstepwalker
SIKA <3
FFR Veteran

not to brag but as of today i have 100% missions completed, felicia and ammys took forever because they are hard sequences. has anyone else did them all besides me???
Anakinstepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:51 PM   #143
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

I only bothered with Wolverine as he was easy to use thanks to his quick attacks, not as complicated patterns and etc (that and I use a lot since he's on my team :V)

Might try others though.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:30 AM   #144
Suicidalfatman
Claws are better to FFR
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Suicidalfatman

I need Jills 10th, Doom's 9th, two of arthurs and X-23's then im done

Felicia first one I finished but finished ammys last week only cause mission 7 was screwing with me

Highest AAA ~ Musicmaker Rx (52) 1-24-2015
Portalbob340's Round Robin Tournament (Div. 3) -> 1st
Trumpet63’s “Divisionless” Tournament -> 15th
Suicidalfatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:32 AM   #145
Wyde
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Wyde

I've done all missions but Tron's 9th. It's been bugging me since forever ago.

On another point, I'd actually consider picking up Phoenix if her health wasn't so low and she could NOT become Dark Phoenix. She honestly seems like a fantastic character in her own right, but all her other features feel too forced for me: I honestly feel as if not playing Phoenix for LV3XFDP is "wrong" as a result. I almost want to petition for an alternate Phoenix that doesn't transform and has a somewhat legitimate health bar.

Also, I'm going out on a limb to predict that in the future, Phoenix may get nerfed somehow. What would people think of her if, for example, she could not use X-Factor while in DP mode?

Last edited by Wyde; 03-29-2011 at 04:29 AM..
Wyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:47 PM   #146
Anakinstepwalker
SIKA <3
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidalfatman View Post
I need Jills 10th, Doom's 9th, two of arthurs and X-23's then im done

Felicia first one I finished but finished ammys last week only cause mission 7 was screwing with me
oh geez jills 10th mission is a %$#@# specially if u only own a xbox controller and no fight stick like me, i literally told my self i wasnt turning my system off until i completed it lol. but ya dooms 9th took me almost 20 minutes, i liked arthur's didnt kno he has such nice combo moves.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:52 PM   #147
Anakinstepwalker
SIKA <3
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyde View Post
I've done all missions but Tron's 9th. It's been bugging me since forever ago.

On another point, I'd actually consider picking up Phoenix if her health wasn't so low and she could NOT become Dark Phoenix. She honestly seems like a fantastic character in her own right, but all her other features feel too forced for me: I honestly feel as if not playing Phoenix for LV3XFDP is "wrong" as a result. I almost want to petition for an alternate Phoenix that doesn't transform and has a somewhat legitimate health bar.

Also, I'm going out on a limb to predict that in the future, Phoenix may get nerfed somehow. What would people think of her if, for example, she could not use X-Factor while in DP mode?
seriously i think she will be nerfed in the near future as well. i dout sentinel will be the only one. im sorry but even though i use her, its just to cheap to have dark phoenix and x factor if u jump and shoot homing shots u cant lose and very few characters have a move to stop her while shes air bound. it would be nice if she couldnt transform and her health bumbed up to 800,000 from 420,000. hmm maybe mvc3 would be a better environment without x factor
Old 03-29-2011, 04:20 PM   #148
Wyde
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Wyde

I've been reading up on the online hyper guide and now I'm starting to think the simplest and most ideal solution for all these potential balance problems would simply be to nerf X-Factor itself. Boosts in speed and attack power vary from character to character, but apparently LV3XF can give anywhere between a x1.5 to x2.3 attack multiplier which I now realise is utterly insane. Dark Phoenix can pour out insane damage just from chip already, and she gets x2. The concept and the uses of the X-Factor system are something I honestly find interest, but I now believe the numbers are far too high, especially for some more than others.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #149
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Yeah, I like the idea for the healing, but not the fact that it gives you too much of a damage increase. Needs to be toned down a lot.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:28 PM   #150
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark

So I haven't really played this since it came out, but after reading through the last few pages it seems like nobody really uses Akuma in their team. Does he suck now? In pretty much every fighting game he's ever been in, I've been able to absolutely wipe the floor with him, usually without even being hit. I'm guessing this isn't the case anymore?
darkshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #151
V-Ormix
Banned
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

capcom wins end of story lmao
V-Ormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:51 PM   #152
Anakinstepwalker
SIKA <3
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
So I haven't really played this since it came out, but after reading through the last few pages it seems like nobody really uses Akuma in their team. Does he suck now? In pretty much every fighting game he's ever been in, I've been able to absolutely wipe the floor with him, usually without even being hit. I'm guessing this isn't the case anymore?
alot of ppl do use him i come across.hes a really good character, his spin kick goes thru every move except haggars assist. and hes even cheaper with x factor. trust me akuma got a major upgrade from mvc2 to mvc3
Old 03-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #153
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark

That's what I like to hear, I just bought an X-Box (about time eh?) So I'll probably pick this up in the next few days and attempt to kick some ass.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:17 PM   #154
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Quote:
That's what I like to hear, I just bought an X-Box (about time eh?) So I'll probably pick this up in the next few days and attempt to kick some ass.
You shoulda went with the PS THREEEEEEE

Free internet bro, and I could finally have some to play with :<

And yeah, Akuma is A LOT better now, from being bad in MvC2 to be Awesome tier in MvC3. His Tornado Kick is pretty brutal in general x.x He even had an infinite with it before the patch came out.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:29 PM   #155
ninjaKIWI
plain old ugly ass dumbas
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ninjaKIWI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr_f4n View Post

And yeah, Akuma is A LOT better now, from being bad in MvC2 to be Awesome tier in MvC3. His Tornado Kick is pretty brutal in general x.x He even had an infinite with it before the patch came out.
I've played PS3 a few times and the games are always stuttery garbage, with a few exceptions like the Uncharted games and other PS3 exclusive titles.
ninjaKIWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:29 PM   #156
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

I was reluctant to even buy the xbox really, I don't play console games much anymore. And almost anything worth while that's released on ps3 is released on PC too.

I GREATLY prefer the PS controllers over anything else for fighting games though.

From what I've played so far, and also read into, Akuma, Wesker, and probably Storm are going to be my lineup. Any drawbacks to these characters with whatever this new patch did?
Old 03-29-2011, 07:32 PM   #157
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Quote:
I was reluctant to even buy the xbox really, I don't play console games much anymore. And almost anything worth while that's released on ps3 is released on PC too.

I GREATLY prefer the PS controllers over anything else for fighting games though.

From what I've played so far, and also read into, Akuma, Wesker, and probably Storm are going to be my lineup. Any drawbacks to these characters with whatever this new patch did?
Besides them getting rid of Akuma's infinite, none that I heard of. Wesker is really awesome if you know how to use his teleports well, into a lot of mind games. Problem is that Akuma and Wesker has low health, I think Storm does as well IIRC.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:34 PM   #158
super kid
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to super kid Send a message via Yahoo to super kid

Quote:
No, Akuma is top tier for sure. His tatsu assist has mad priority. He is overall a good character.

Last edited by super kid; 03-29-2011 at 07:38 PM..
super kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:44 PM   #159
Anakinstepwalker
SIKA <3
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Besides them getting rid of Akuma's infinite, none that I heard of. Wesker is really awesome if you know how to use his teleports well, into a lot of mind games. Problem is that Akuma and Wesker has low health, I think Storm does as well IIRC.
for a character like wesker his health is decent if i remember correct its 900,000 or 950,000 which is alright. its actually more then sentinel now. highest is thor now at 1,250,000
Old 03-29-2011, 10:58 PM   #160
Suicidalfatman
Claws are better to FFR
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Suicidalfatman

Quote:

Buy me a PS3 and ill go on whenever you want XD

But I think x-factor should be nerfed and advanced guard be like parrying.

P.S. How about xbox controller d-pad for Jills 10th..it helped me with a few trials since i aint spending 100+ on a pad

Highest AAA ~ Musicmaker Rx (52) 1-24-2015
Portalbob340's Round Robin Tournament (Div. 3) -> 1st
Trumpet63’s “Divisionless” Tournament -> 15th
Suicidalfatman is offline   Reply With Quote