Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2011, 07:48 PM   #61
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Rave Culture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vro View Post
One time I went to an industrial rave(meaning there were drugs, alcohol, trannies and other crazy people all over the place), and I saw kids who were only 6/7 years old. Stupid parents.
Wow. o.O Now that's pretty bad.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:22 PM   #62
vro
FFR Player

^ their parents were with them, if that eases the mind at all, but it was still freaking ridiculous. Who the heck would bring their kid to something like that?
Old 03-13-2011, 11:45 PM   #63
adlp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

terrorists
adlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:43 AM   #64
MilkChan
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MilkChan Send a message via MSN to MilkChan Send a message via Yahoo to MilkChan

Never been to a rave but ill prob go to EDC since its in Vegas this year and I have friends in Vegas and SoCal that wanna go.

Also I hate how commercial shuffling has come. Most people don't even do it right or think its like some mandatory dance you have to learn to go to a rave. I like shuffling which is funny since ive never been to a rave yet but I put my own style into it instead of just doing the running man a million times and saying I can shuffle. Just find your own vibe or do something else instead of shuffling.
MilkChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:16 AM   #65
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

I tango when I go to a rave
Old 03-14-2011, 04:22 AM   #66
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mans0n View Post
They have all ages raves around here where i live in Central Cali. Though I can't say how good they are, because I've been to only 2 and they were amazing. House DJ's ftw.

Most are in Modesto, and Bakersfield. And some good ones in Fresno.
all three of those cities are terrible places btw
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:58 AM   #67
Hideki1234123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrxero64 View Post
And this is what DJ Ravine does when he's bored. Another reason why he's one of my favorite DJ's (personality).
Meh cotts is way better in my opinion. I still love ravine though :P

And most of the happy hardcore events around me are all ages. I know the guys who throw them, and its not about the age, its about maturity. if they see someone shouldn't be there, they will kick them out regardless about age.

Last edited by Hideki1234123; 03-14-2011 at 09:02 AM..
Hideki1234123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #68
vro
FFR Player

I just realized I never said who my favorite DJ is. I'd definately go with DJ S3RL, and before you immediately think I'm a loser, hear me out. When I heard him the first time, he had just released the original Pretty Rave Girl. I downloaded his first S3RL Presents mix, and listened to that entire thing like crazy. Over the past 4ish years, he's released 5 or 6 other mixes(I have them all but I kinda forgot how many there are atm), and I listen to all of them all the time, knowing all the words to most of his songs. I respect the hell out of him because he makes ALL of his tracks, and 99% of them sound great and original. I think its cool that unlike most EDM artists, he is actually someone who not only makes this music, but is also someone you could easily see at a rave(he has mastered the melbourne shuffle, and you always see him wearing kandi and whatnot). The lyrics in his songs usually pertain to rave lifestyle, and he also does really cute/awesome remakes of popular themes we all know, including Street Fighter, Sonic, and even Sesame Street(lol). From what I've heard, he's an extremely nice/cool person, and I can't wait to meet him someday. I was supposed to see him live, but I ended up having college orientation the exact same night he performed :<
Old 03-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #69
sakura080789
Rapture Universe
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
I tango when I go to a rave
Nice WC. but in all seriousness Raves are fun i have only been to about 5 but i want to go to them more often. i rave to stuff such as Dougal & Gammer, Hixxy, and most of the old school happy hardcore artists
Old 03-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #70
Mans0n
Sun and Stars
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mans0n

Fresno is pretty bad, so is modesto and bakersfield. But there are a lot worse places in california.

Check out my band profile and give it a like! :P
Mans0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #71
Without A Contraceptive
FFR Player

well

i guess ill throw my two cents in

ive been spinning electronic music for years and been big into the electro house, french house, dubstep, glitch, electronica genres for a long time. dumb hypebeast kids think any dance party is a "rave". usually these people fall into one (or both) of the following categories: Love Drugs but know nothing about music or Really Suck and enjoy Really Bad Electronic Music

35 kids jumping around in a blacked out room with weird clothes and bead necklaces on is not cool. we get it - darude tiesto and deadmau5... nothing annoys me more than those people with bright lights pacifiers all that "rave gear" shit. a bunch of people in a grimey garage there to dance and enjoy a solid dj set, thousands of people going nuts to someones set, thats whats up. also if youve never eaten beans or molly you should do it. will make even hardstyle and other terrible music pretty much awesome.

i was at ultra 2 years ago, going back this year. seen a bunch of shows but id ****ing kill to see 2manydjs/soulwax. best individual set ive ever seen was probably boys noize tearing it up.
Without A Contraceptive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:51 PM   #72
Mans0n
Sun and Stars

Can't wait until im 18 so I can start going to some real big raves like EDC or Monster Massive.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:53 PM   #73
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkChan View Post
Also I hate how commercial shuffling has come. Most people don't even do it right or think its like some mandatory dance you have to learn to go to a rave. I like shuffling which is funny since ive never been to a rave yet but I put my own style into it instead of just doing the running man a million times and saying I can shuffle. Just find your own vibe or do something else instead of shuffling.
Quote of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vro View Post
I just realized I never said who my favorite DJ is. I'd definately go with DJ S3RL, and before you immediately think I'm a loser, hear me out. When I heard him the first time, he had just released the original Pretty Rave Girl. I downloaded his first S3RL Presents mix, and listened to that entire thing like crazy. Over the past 4ish years, he's released 5 or 6 other mixes(I have them all but I kinda forgot how many there are atm), and I listen to all of them all the time, knowing all the words to most of his songs. I respect the hell out of him because he makes ALL of his tracks, and 99% of them sound great and original. I think its cool that unlike most EDM artists, he is actually someone who not only makes this music, but is also someone you could easily see at a rave(he has mastered the melbourne shuffle, and you always see him wearing kandi and whatnot). The lyrics in his songs usually pertain to rave lifestyle, and he also does really cute/awesome remakes of popular themes we all know, including Street Fighter, Sonic, and even Sesame Street(lol). From what I've heard, he's an extremely nice/cool person, and I can't wait to meet him someday. I was supposed to see him live, but I ended up having college orientation the exact same night he performed :<
I must be a hypocrite, because I can't help but but say tl;dr

Then again, I don't automatically think you're a loser, so I have no reason to read the rest. But yea, not a big fan of the Pretty Rave Girl song, but cool haha
ddrxero64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:11 PM   #74
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mans0n View Post
Fresno is pretty bad, so is modesto and bakersfield. But there are a lot worse places in california.
San luis obispo lollllll
Old 03-14-2011, 08:26 PM   #75
Mans0n
Sun and Stars

Quote:
San luis obispo lollllll
is it really that bad there? I heard it was actually quite nice 0.o

Old 03-15-2011, 04:58 AM   #76
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
San luis obispo lollllll
rancho cucamonga lollll

p.s. slo rulez
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:16 AM   #77
MilkChan
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MilkChan Send a message via MSN to MilkChan Send a message via Yahoo to MilkChan

zzyzx
MilkChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:52 AM   #78
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrxero64 View Post
*Mainstream is playing*

Ok guys, let's get wild!

*sandstorm radio edit by darude starts playing*

OMG WE'RE IN A RAVE LET'S GET SOME GLOWSTICKS!

^That happens like at every prom lmao, but yea, sad to hear reuben.
Rave music is supposed to be faster. I never understood how sandstorm fit the bill. But I guess this is opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr_f4n View Post
My prom DJ sucked, wouldn't ever let us request songs
Ours played Justin Bieber and he wouldn't rick roll the dance. It was disgusting to say the least.

Though when Justine Bieberererererererererererererer was playing I managed to get one of my female friends to laugh really hard.

Also when I was at High School dance they did a rave theme for one dance. They never played a song that was remotely close to a rave song. All they played was popular shit. I think songs like CIA Rave and Uber Rave and maybe Forsaken Neon along with Vertex would all suit the "Rave" bill. And yes I realize a lot of those have the word "Rave" in their name.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #79
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
Also when I was at High School dance they did a rave theme for one dance. They never played a song that was remotely close to a rave song. All they played was popular shit. I think songs like CIA Rave and Uber Rave and maybe Forsaken Neon along with Vertex would all suit the "Rave" bill. And yes I realize a lot of those have the word "Rave" in their name.
Yea, and now thanks to Britney Spears, valley girls all around the world will hear the song and say "I love dubstep!"

^That really just disgusts me.
ddrxero64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #80
vro
FFR Player

Oddly enough, electro/house is becoming ridiculously mainstream (I Like That, Sexy Bitch etc.).

But I hate that kind of music anyway, so whatever.