Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2010, 04:42 PM   #21
jakeyjake7
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to jakeyjake7
Default Re: Outta Yo Sprites

Quote:
Originally Posted by zajac View Post
I'll tell you right now, this is not just your everyday mashup, or something that a DJ can do on the fly by beatmatching.
Not true. This is completely feasible LIVE with Ableton. Just timestretch the Lil Jon vocals to match the tempo, and you've pretty much got it.

Quote:
I did tons of remixing, cutting, editing, looping, sampling, envelope automation, EQing, sidechaining, compression, mastering, etc.
I only hear the 4th, 6th, 7th, and 10th on that list. Didn't hear any cutting/editing/remixing/sampling. Especially sampling. You did not do a single lick of sampling.

Quote:
I just think it's funny when 1 out of 200 people write me saying, "Well what did YOU do." Thinking that if I didn't create a new synth or drum pattern, then I didn't do anything. haha
Way to take everything I said out of context. I didn't say you didn't do anything. I merely asked if you used any original material? Which you didn't. You also didn't really use any inventive methods of editing the two tracks. You looped the 4 bar vocal from Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites, and did a volume fade on it at :28. Then brought it back in at :54. You did the same thing at 3:22. You didn't make anything. You contributed no artistic value to this.

Quote:
Bottom line, I'm glad the non-cynical people are enjoying the track, and I've been getting messages left and write from DJ's around the world excited to drop this track at their next big event.
And then you call me a cynic. I'm not a cynic. I'm an electronic musician who is bored by this. I don't see why people are going crazy over this. Also, I HIGHLY doubt that last part.

That's all I'm contributing to this thread.
jakeyjake7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:55 PM   #22
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

u mad?

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:56 PM   #23
jakeyjake7
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to jakeyjake7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
u mad?
Naw dawg.
jakeyjake7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:06 PM   #24
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22

coolstorybro
krunkykai22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:35 PM   #25
zajac
aka uAnimals
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to zajac

cyn·i·cism (sn-szm)
n.
* An attitude of scornful or jaded negativity, especially a general distrust of the integrity or professed motives of others.

...No. But you're right, you're not being cynical in this thread AT ALL.

JakeyJake. I'm glad that's all you're contributing to this thread, because really, you aren't contributing anything. Let's see how long that lasts.
zajac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:42 PM   #26
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

Holy ****ing balls, this is fantastic. Damn dude, you're doing it right.
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:43 PM   #27
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

get that **** on ffr D:!!!
PrawnSkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:47 PM   #28
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

And you know what, let the haters hate. That's their ****in sad ass job.
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:55 PM   #29
DarkbearX
Shimose
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I don't know why everyone's being an ass to jakeyjake. After all he did say it was a good mashup. Heaven for-****ing-bid somebody states their opinion, right?
DarkbearX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:13 PM   #30
Starshot
/DJS\
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to Starshot Send a message via MSN to Starshot Send a message via Yahoo to Starshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by zajac View Post
I'm glad that's all you're contributing to this thread, because really, you aren't contributing anything. Let's see how long that lasts.
Ok, THIS

THIS RIGHT HERE

This offends me.

Pat, he offered criticism on the song. Yes, I know you didn't like it, but there is NO way his point should not be respected. I don't care if you think he's 100% wrong, calling a solid criticism as not being a contribution is downright foolish.

This is a forum for musicians to give and get criticism, not to be shot down for speaking their mind. I had a scenario where I was shot down like that on this forum once and you'll be damn sure I'll NEVER let it happen again.

Last edited by Starshot; 12-13-2010 at 07:20 PM..
Starshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:09 PM   #31
zajac
aka uAnimals
FFR Music Producer

No. I love critisicm. I got some feedback from some fellow DJ's and Producers on Soundcloud, and we chatted and became friends.

Jake on the other hand said I did nothing but mashup the two tracks, and when I explained everything I did, he tore my reply up, sentence by sentence, and in essence called me a liar.

You know what offends me? When people call me a liar, especially when I'm excited about people letting me know how excited they are to play the track out live and in recording. Jake has no idea who I am outside of FFR, and has no idea what kind of connections and group of following I have.

Getsin what I sezzin?

But all bickering aside, I'm glad everyone likes it. I feel like I did a pretty good job of track selection and remixing. I just wish I would have been able to get my hands on the acappella, and not have to EQ the **** out of the 320 of the original. All well haha
Old 12-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #32
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkbearX View Post
I don't know why everyone's being an ass to jakeyjake. After all he did say it was a good mashup. Heaven for-****ing-bid somebody states their opinion, right?
But then he said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeyjake7 View Post
I guess it's alright.
Which generally doesn't mean he genuinely thought it was good.

@Starshot: The criticism jakeyjake gave wasn't constructive criticism, it was acting like he was a know-it-all, and that to me is just as wrong as zajac's response

@zajac: You do seem a bit defensive, but I can understand where that's coming from ^.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 12-13-2010 at 09:17 PM..
Old 12-13-2010, 09:33 PM   #33
DarkbearX
Shimose
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
But then he said...

Quote:
I guess it's alright

Which generally doesn't mean he genuinely thought it was good.
Quote:
It's a good mashup, no lie
He said it was good. Right there. Maybe he's not a fan of mashups? That's his opinion bro. IMO Zajac should have taken what he said with a grain of salt and that's where it should have stopped. There's absolutely no reason for people to try to tear jakeyjake apart over this.
DarkbearX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:11 PM   #34
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

Your definition of tearing something apart must be completely different than my definition of tearing something apart.

If anyone tore anything apart, it was jakeyjake by "tearing apart" zajac's post sentence by sentence.

I already said zajac's response was a bit defensive, which is almost justifiable after you've worked on something for hours on end and then someone posts insulting criticism (quote: what exactly did you do here other than play two songs together with a bit of repeating?).

All zajac did was reply, telling exactly what he did, which then got "torn apart" as some might put it by jakeyjake basically calling BS on zajac. (quote: I only hear the 4th, 6th, 7th, and 10th on that list. Didn't hear any cutting/editing/remixing/sampling. Especially sampling. You did not do a single lick of sampling. <-[stated as a fact])

So at this point, zajac has every right to defend his work and blatantly tell him that he's not a liar..

$0.02

EDIT: Starshot is correct, the response zajac made was a bit over the edge, but on the other hand, zajac is also right in defending his integrity.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 12-13-2010 at 10:15 PM..
Old 12-14-2010, 08:59 AM   #35
DJSBX
FFR Music Producers
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to DJSBX Send a message via MSN to DJSBX

rofl.. wow this is the best thread ever. Time for my $0.02

Case in point, any sort of criticism, be it good or bad is actually good. Zajac claims he likes criticism, but when its bad criticism you can obviously see he gets really defensive and upset.

Honestly, I find that 99% of the time, when somebody gets defensive its because they know the other person is right. I'm not saying thats the case here (cause I personally don't know), but most of the time it is, and thats how it comes off to me.

If you were really confident in your work and you don't agree with somebody criticism just say something like 'I appreciate your opinion, but I don't really agree with it.". It's dumb to throw wood on to a fire.

And yeah, I'll admit to doing the same thing before. I'd get some bad criticism and I'd get all defensive, and in the end I'd realize that the guy giving me criticism was totally right.

Moral of the story: Don't make a big fuss if somebody doesn't like your stuff, and points out a bunch of things you don't agree with or that you don't like to hear.

Also jake isn't being a cynic, he is offering his point of view. Extremely different things.
Honestly, this is one of the big reasons people don't give criticism on music forums. If the only comments you get are "OMFG SO GOOD! bla bla bla bla bla" you don't improve as fast as you could. When somebody points out your faults and mistakes, you learn from them and get better at it. Nobody is going to want to help if they just get yelled at by who they are responding to.

p.s. for the record I didn't listen to the track in question, and I am not a fan of dubstep at all. If I did, you could be sure I wouldn't really have good things to say about it. This just enforces starshots point about the fact that the people who don't like this stuff aren't commenting.

Check Out My website!
http://www.djsbx.com

Last edited by DJSBX; 12-14-2010 at 09:07 AM..
DJSBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:18 AM   #36
Gravity Kitten
FFR Player

This is insanely good. I don't know how you could dislike this.
But yet, I've never listened to those two ****ty mainstream rap songs; therefore I don't know how this mashup is "remixed". But it still sounds good.
BTW
Quote:
u mad?
hemad.
Gravity Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:37 AM   #37
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

i cant give constructive criticism because i dont have a professional ear. i cant tell whats good or whats bad all i can say is this song sounded awesome

also jakeys posts were alright by me dont get what all the fuss is about
Old 12-14-2010, 11:09 AM   #38
zajac
aka uAnimals
FFR Music Producer

Guuuuuuuuys. It's alright. I just didn't like how JakeyJake tore my response up sentence by sentence and called me out as a liar. It's ok, and there are no grudges to be held.

Notice how JakeyJake and I are the ones that bickered, but now we are the only two that aren't bickering anymore? Just drop it.

Again, I'm glad the lot of you are enjoying the track though
Old 12-15-2010, 12:12 AM   #39
richyrich55
Wait... what?
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to richyrich55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity Kitten View Post
This is insanely good. I don't know how you could dislike this.
But yet, I've never listened to those two ****ty mainstream rap songs; therefore I don't know how this mashup is "remixed". But it still sounds good.
BTW

hemad.
Hedeffinatelymad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix
I may be an ass, but I'm usually a very correct ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz
I'm like, totally in love with like, Justin like Bieber. I like don't just like, like him.. I like, like like him. Like totally.
R.I.P. Jellygod
richyrich55 is offline   Reply With Quote