Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-1-2005, 08:08 PM   #1
Demoned_Angel
FFR Player

Default nOOb here

we'll i'm new here *mellow* as you can see from the title well you can intro me if you want well hi
Demoned_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2005, 07:31 AM   #2
phoxphire04
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to phoxphire04
Default RE: nOOb here

Hey, welcome to the site! Have fun. Beware os spelling, using smilies, and colored text. Just a friendly warning from another Newbie. Read my post in the newbie forum and the one from t_montana to understand my warnings.
phoxphire04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2005, 01:23 PM   #3
chickster
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to chickster

Welcome there young grasshoper! I'm new here too and it will be a real slap in the face when someone cracks on you for not spelling good, so from a young grasshoper let's try and work on that

EDIT: Screw what I just said and go type how you want. The only reason why I said those things above was so this whole spelling ordeal wouldn't get wacko, but i think that's where it's going to have to go. I don't get why there is a guide on how to be a good newbie, I mean is there really a "good newbie" on here. NO! People are different and you can't just make them change on how you want them to be. Spelling, as I said in the beginning, is way way wrong. You shouldn't have to spell perfectly or capitalize after every period you make just so you look "smart", of course if you already do then please amuse me, anyways this is what i'm trying to say: WTF?
Old 03-3-2005, 01:25 PM   #4
emccky
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to emccky Send a message via MSN to emccky

don't worry about spelling, thats only squeek. Some members here are retarded as hell..
emccky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2005, 02:19 PM   #5
angel-d
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to angel-d

Wow. This spelling thing is turning into a real issue !! Didn't really see it that way. Oh and chickster, i wasn't having a go at you before was just trying to keep the peace n stuff you know, from one noob to another. got a bit of a telling off on my first post that i wrote in short hand and it was a bit of a confidence hit so just didn't want others to have the same thing is all. CAN'T WE ALL JUST BE FRIENDS (and yes just to clarify i did mean that to be in capitals as i am shouting it desparingly). Now lets give hugs and kisses and get on with life... in fact i am going to bed.
Nite nite
Old 03-3-2005, 02:23 PM   #6
chickster
FFR Player

Life isn't perfect angel-d. Everyone has different opinions on life and especially on this and you can't just butter it up with hugs and kisses. I truely don't agree with this whole spelling issue and i'm trying not to make a HUGE ordeal about it. So just hang tight for now.

...and it's not just about spelling.
Old 03-3-2005, 06:17 PM   #7
ad0gg
FFR Player

Welcome and have fun!
Old 03-4-2005, 09:29 AM   #8
angel-d
FFR Player

hey CHICKY no need 2 get rude about it, i was just sayin it the way i see it, and I do see it ias being little out of order to come to a place where people have certain requests of people that were said in a decent way and start kicking off about it.
Is it really THAT big a deal that you are asked some simple requests so as to fit in better. I know every one is different and that is fine but to take an extreme case, you wouldn't go into an all black party wearing a Klu Klux Klan costume now would you? Well maybe you would but it would just be silly, have a little sensitivity about peoples values. Any way therefore, in consiquence, 'wot u gettin active 4'... (no worries its 'a london ting'), just chill out a bit n have fun!
Sorry if this upsets you but i think i had to say it really.
P.s- i know life isn't perfect so no need to preach
P.p.s- this isn't only directed at you chickster so don't get ina huff, i am just saying it for the benifit of anyone who disagrees with requests sent out when you are a noob.
Old 03-4-2005, 11:06 AM   #9
t_montana
FFR Player

Im sayin that when it is extreme,then it can get hard or annoying to read.A little here and there doesnt hurt anyone, and I aint changing the way I type for someone 9000 miles away.Im not being a d**k,just saying you like people how they are,not how you want them to be,otherwise we'd all be the same and that is 'tarded.
------------------------
t_montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-4-2005, 12:40 PM   #10
leadafro
Tykeem Ultimatum
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to leadafro Send a message via Yahoo to leadafro

my name is leadafro and i have only been playing for two months and about to be god at this game
not the best but will challenge any other noob who wants to get better
Old 03-4-2005, 01:27 PM   #11
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

you are not welcome to my house sorry

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-4-2005, 02:56 PM   #12
chickster
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel-d
hey CHICKY no need 2 get rude about it, i was just sayin it the way i see it, and I do see it ias being little out of order to come to a place where people have certain requests of people that were said in a decent way and start kicking off about it.
Is it really THAT big a deal that you are asked some simple requests so as to fit in better. I know every one is different and that is fine but to take an extreme case, you wouldn't go into an all black party wearing a Klu Klux Klan costume now would you? Well maybe you would but it would just be silly, have a little sensitivity about peoples values. Any way therefore, in consiquence, 'wot u gettin active 4'... (no worries its 'a london ting'), just chill out a bit n have fun!
Sorry if this upsets you but i think i had to say it really.
P.s- i know life isn't perfect so no need to preach
P.p.s- this isn't only directed at you chickster so don't get ina huff, i am just saying it for the benifit of anyone who disagrees with requests sent out when you are a noob.
I'm not preeching or being rude, i'm stating my opinion. How the hell is not capitalizing after every period going to make a difference in if you can read it or not, or writting in a certain color. There are too many stupid comments on "how you need to be a good newbie", and how if "you want to set a good example of yourself then you have to follow buy the guide lines". These are simple requests.There have been way too many people saying that kind of stuff.
Example: I was posting about a challenge or something along those lines and I happened to accidentally double post. People started telling me not to double post on here! How can someone mean to double post? It's a mistake, that's what it is. There were also many others that were about that; I posted 2 smilies and someone told me not to be a fucking "smilie whore". How can posting 2 smilies make me a whore? I just don't understand why people have to get in such a "huff" over stuff like that. I'm sorry if i'm offending anyone of this situation here. Thanks for that lovely post angel-d
PS-Who gives a flying fuck how you type, if you type a certain way that is different than others then you shouldn't have to change it to meet a certain requirment.
PSS-Excuse my language please!!
Old 03-4-2005, 02:57 PM   #13
emccky
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to emccky Send a message via MSN to emccky

why are these noob threads so long? i don't get it.. say hi then move on to chitchat or something..
emccky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-4-2005, 03:00 PM   #14
chickster
FFR Player

I think this is more than a nOOb thread if you've read above. It's not killing you though, is it?
Old 03-4-2005, 06:53 PM   #15
t_montana
FFR Player

i think i like this girl,she's saucy!!!
------------------------
t_montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-4-2005, 07:35 PM   #16
Mindfields
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Mindfields Send a message via Yahoo to Mindfields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy
Stick to the G-bin, Moogy! Geez...and get the hell out of CT!

Anyways, let me post some brusque guidelines.
Actually, these two problems are with chikster. All the rest of you noobs are good little bunnies.
1) Keep your siggy within the pixel limit. Since I don't know what the limit is, I'm safe and don't have a signature at all.
2) Having an advertisement as your signature makes you look like you're trying support yourself through an affiliate prgram with Tower Records. The problem with this is that it makes you look (come now, let's be serious here, folks) like a whore. (if it is sensored, it makes you look like what pimps own).
Mindfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-4-2005, 07:54 PM   #17
hEaLiNgViSiOnAnGeLicMiX
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to hEaLiNgViSiOnAnGeLicMiX

Quote:
this isn't critical thinking wtf :S oh well ahah.

I just love how over half of the posts welcoming this person are also made by n00bs...but WELCOME TO FFR! or...

WELCOME TO THE VALLEY OF THE DEAD (Rofl ripoff)
hEaLiNgViSiOnAnGeLicMiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-4-2005, 08:15 PM   #18
bobb5
FFR Player

Welcome to FFR with over 500,000 members!
  • First check ou all the forums that intrest you.
    Then check out the things you want to see in the way you want to see them.

Well thats all here, mate!

~Bobb5
bobb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-5-2005, 06:45 AM   #19
angel-d
FFR Player

Hehe Chickster, u causing chaos and havok. Good one. I give up, i understand what you are saying, but in times like these i turn into a bit of a push over and do what i am told . Prefer to cause problems in real life you know. Hehe.
Anyway, (and i know this should be in the challenges forum, but thought i would stick it on the end while i am here) thanx for the challenges, it was fun, we should do it another time maybe, choose any song. Introduce me to some more standard ones, I haven't really tried most of them yet but will accept any challege you give... unless it is for over 100 credits (don't want to loose them all).
C you around.
Old 03-5-2005, 05:06 PM   #20
chickster
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfields
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy

Anyways, let me post some brusque guidelines.
Actually, these two problems are with chikster. All the rest of you noobs are good little bunnies.
1) Keep your siggy within the pixel limit. Since I don't know what the limit is, I'm safe and don't have a signature at all.
2) Having an advertisement as your signature makes you look like you're trying support yourself through an affiliate prgram with Tower Records. The problem with this is that it makes you look (come now, let's be serious here, folks) like a whore. (if it is sensored, it makes you look like what pimps own).
I don't care what you think or what anyone else thinks!!! Let me do what I want to do with my "looks"..and shut up about the whore stuff. It get's old after a while.