Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2009, 08:00 AM   #161
Callipygian
Senior FFR citizen
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Xoon 4 blue version release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
Jumps and Hands add onto your combo. Accuracy/MA counts everything as one thing (e.g. hitting a jump or hand will register as one marvelous).
Oh, lol, been playing SM for about a year and didnīt know that *shame*. Thanks for telling me =).
Old 09-23-2009, 08:04 AM   #162
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Kraezymann

Quote:
no really pack could've been decent but it's below average thanks to your "cater to all audiences" attitude
Probably the best attitude to have when you have 100 files in a pack.

Submit to this -
Kraezymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:12 AM   #163
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

next pack should be only yesssss and kn33gr0w files

cater to only one audience
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:24 AM   #164
kommisar[os]
Banned

Send a message via AIM to kommisar[os] Send a message via MSN to kommisar[os]

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
no really pack could've been decent but it's below average thanks to your "cater to all audiences" attitude
you only say that because the only files you like is like 2% of what people step. this is ffr not dark chancellors. you seem to forget the point is to play fun files not structure and technicality.
kommisar[os] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:29 AM   #165
moches
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
it's posts like this that make me doubt that Stepmania is a game for fun anymore.

seriously, this pack was compiled in something like 40 days. at first, we thought we were going to get something around 40 decent submissions and release a pack on the level of Xoon 3, but for whatever reason, files kept pouring in and it turned out for the better. there's tons of files I would replay here, and tons I already have replayed. the weird thing for me is that while I do think that elitist packs are much more well put together in terms of presentability, these Xoon packs always turn out quite fun. that's what matters to me.

I get that nobody is going to play all 100 files in this pack. that's fine. it wasn't what we were aiming for. what we were aiming for was a pack that anybody could quickly find some files to their liking. trying to tweak every file to aim towards the same criteria that packs like DCP are graded on would not only have taken longer, it would have defeated the purpose of this pack.

as valid as some of your criticisms are (quite a few of your reviews hit the nail on the head), I still feel like people have forgotten that Stepmania is still a game open to YOUR vision. that's what it used to be like and that's how I want to keep it.
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:37 AM   #166
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

mean ol stargroup has taken over stepmanialand and cast a spell to prevent anyone from having fun! its like a saturday morning cartoon but with more arrows
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
Old 09-23-2009, 08:47 AM   #167
moches
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patashu View Post
mean ol stargroup has taken over stepmanialand and cast a spell to prevent anyone from having fun! its like a saturday morning cartoon but with more arrows
oh my rofl

where do you come up with this gold
Old 09-23-2009, 02:30 PM   #168
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

until kil is introduced in the show where he shall be the hero that saves stepmanialand

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #169
Kil14
FFR Player

stop all this bickering
Kil14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:16 PM   #170
kommisar[os]
Banned

kil's here

step-mania saved.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:49 PM   #171
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Kraezymann

Thank goodness, the suspense was kiling me

oups

Submit to this -
Kraezymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:59 PM   #172
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

yo you guys keep yer fun I dun really care but I grade em as I see em

some of you guys really have potential though keep stepping

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:08 PM   #173
xferrarix
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xferrarix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is-HVxmUELQ

printer

jammed.

edit: btw i'm gonna start a index-one handers pack that only allows for files that are ddr-quality u think it'll go good??? btw u can only step itg songs hehe =)

Last edited by xferrarix; 09-23-2009 at 07:12 PM..
xferrarix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:45 PM   #174
kommisar[os]
Banned

i dare you to start that.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:15 PM   #175
t-rogdor
tane orb
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor

If someone makes a file for that song that is not an amazing X-Mod file, I will personally kill whoever made it.

Unless it's stargroup.
e: Dammmmn, that's a trippy video.

Last edited by t-rogdor; 09-23-2009 at 10:22 PM..
t-rogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:37 PM   #176
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author

ps the ratings in this and xoon 4 red are all over the place. obviously you just bull****ted some numbers rather than ordering them by dancepoints of your best scores on them or something
Old 09-23-2009, 10:37 PM   #177
Dr Tran
Banned

Beat you to it ferrari
Dr Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:20 AM   #178
masuat
FFR Player

Amazing, amazing pack... not only have you hit the nail on the head with the "replayability", but even in terms of song choice, I'm personally having more fun scrolling thru the packs than playing most other packs. Kudos to all of you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patashu View Post
ps the ratings in this and xoon 4 red are all over the place. obviously you just bull****ted some numbers rather than ordering them by dancepoints of your best scores on them or something

I've taken all the DC ratings with a grain of salt since playing DCP which was pretty much LAWL 4 4 4 5 4. It's probably because the majority of steppers contributing to packs are already pretty good at stepmania themselves, thus getting one of them to rate the songs in an "even" manner doesn't really make sense.

Ideally you'd have someone who actually does flinch when they play some minijacks/gay bursts/jumpjacks to rate the files, but the ratings are good enough to separate the easy files from the tough ones.
masuat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:34 AM   #179
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author

mugen and 8bit dreams should be a 1, the sound of truth should be a 3, famicom selecta should be a 9, song of ashley could probably be dropped to an 8, storm eagle's stage could probably be dropped to a 4, bump cinnamon roll beginner up? sound of giallarhorn beginner should be higher if only for the sake of that horrible 16th triple jack section, drop to make the end of battle a bit, etc etc
Old 09-24-2009, 02:50 AM   #180
moches
FFR Player

agree with Patashur...again

ps full, full review.

RED
(_.Spitfire._) Men's Milk Booster Rifle - personally don't enjoy this at all but I can see a few people liking it. good technically however. 4/10
(Baq12) Return of Salieri - iirc this dragged on a bit but overall had a few fun parts. 6.5/10
(Baq12) Roppongi Rumble - repetitive but quite enjoyable, would play again 7/10
(Baq12) Storm Eagle's Stage - surprisingly had p. good variation for a VGmetal file. mines were okay but if they'd been used with more discretion they would have worked better imo. not one of my favorites in this pack. 5/10
(Baq12) The Sound of Truth - has a few things that could flow better, overall not a bad file 7/10
(cedolad) Cybertron - stargroup hit it on the head. I still find this decently fun 6/10
(Cherubi) Hyperdr!ve - some of this was good and some of this was...not. needs a bit of work. 5.5/10
(Cherubi + moches + Kommisar) Mystic 11 - I <3 you stargroup. imo this is really fun but some parts have freeze abuse. 8/10
(Devin) Blue Concerto - this **** was fantastic. awesome chords, piano notes, great song, this file just plain had it all. will definitely play again 9/10
(Dimentio) Mugen- pretty fun, mines get a bit annoying especially the ones in the chorus but it's fine. 6.5/10
(EnR) Heretics & Killers - good, band is against my religion so I need to play this without sound 7/10
(Evo) Luna Clock - don't know if this is better than zagh's or not, solo seems sort of cool though 5/10
(Ferrari) 3y3s - contrary to everybody else, I actually like this file, rofl. sorry 7/10
(Ferrari) Evans - not too sure about this. mines are more unneccesary than Tyra show reruns. rest seems generic but fine 5.5/10
(Ferrari) Loud Electronic Ferocious - fun 7/10
(Goldeneye) Sound of Giallarhorn - nothing special but it works. enjoyable 6/10
(Gundam-Dude vs Kommisar) @ (Cinnamon Roll) - good overall, probably like this almost as much as Love Ward. a few parts had problems (hard bursts are a tad annoying). took me a while to figure out what all those 48th notes were for but it works I guess. solo is kinda lame. 7.5/10
(Gundam-Dude) Bloom Nobly, Cherry Blossoms of Sumizome - like this a little bit, nothing special to me though. beginning is cool 6/10
(Gundam-Dude) Love Ward - really fun for me, I was surprised. the rolls and end jack are kind of blech, but it's cool. fruity song with great steps. 8/10
(Gundam-Dude) Now and Forever - actually like this file now. I don't think it's inconsistent anymore. I do agree about the ending sucking nuts though. 7/10
(Gundam-Dude) The Dark Blowhole - rules, a few things that could have been fixed (hands near 900~ combo, piano chordstepping) but the rest is awesome. way to go Gundam you're gotten a lot better. 8/10
(HST) Person Who Conceives Frenzy - holy friggin crap those polyrhythms were gay, if it weren't for those this would be my favorite HST file 6.5/10
(i love gabba) 0 - messy but pretty enjoyable. I still don't get the jack parts. seems better than Linus' but doesn't resonate fully with me 6.5/10
(i love gabba) One Phrase Blues - super fun. technicalities again are ignored a bit but whatever it's cool. 7.5/10
(Igorsson) Get Down - IF YOU GET DOWN ON ME, I'LL GET DOWN ON YOU 8/10
(Joe D vs Baq12) Beyond Abilities - the constant down jacking was annoying at the beginning, at least switch them up a little. crazy color notes though, overall not a legendary file but it's something I wouldn't mind playing now and then 6.5/10
(KgZ) 8 Bit Beach Dream - old-school style steps that focus on fun. mine usage is yucky though. i'd play this with mines off 5.5/10
(Kommisar vs Roar176) Being - really fun overall. one part could have been improved a bit though (the easy part). also could have cut down on a few freezes. 8/10
(Kommisar vs Tear) Ars Moriendi - okay I was right this file is amazing. beginning is bad imo, but picks up very well from there. probably in my top 3 for this pack 9/10
(Kommisar) aNGrYgErMaNpHAntOM - u mad 7.5/10
(Kommisar) Dark Chancellor's Invisible Secret Robot Castle - simply made Kiltune file with a few nice touches (mines were done pretty well, this was a bitch to FC) 7/10
(Kommisar) Fermion - fun as **** if **** were fun (circular logic hehe) 8.5/10
(Kommisar) Futsuu no Uta - same 8.5/10
(Kommisar) Solid State Squad - same 7/10
(Lurker) Infinity of Our Love - good file. freezes could have been shortened (the ones in the 32nd roll would have worked better as minifreezes since it gets hard to read) and a few patterns I would have done differently but it's fine. 7.5/10
(Midare) Song of Ashley - probably awesome
(moches + dood gone krazee) Moonshine - freeze overload (300+ rofl) but fun. well done dood gone krazee (he fixed a few things in my part) 7/10
(moches) 100 Sec. Kitchen Battle!! - i'm quite proud of this 8/10
(moches) Balloon Park - simple and short, color notes keep this interesting but not too much replay value 6.5/10
(moches) Croqel Part I - also super happy with the way this turned out. don't play with mines off. sissies. 8.5/10
(moches) Famicom Selecta - i will admit the mines near the end are aids. brb fixing a few of them. other than that, this is probably the hardest serious file i will ever make 7/10
(moches) Programmed World - apparently Kommisar really like this. file's fine. once again, DON'T PLAY WITH THE DAMN MINES OFF UGH 7/10
(moches) White Tornado - yea there's a few errors in this I need to fix. sorry. I'll be more careful next time. 6/10
(N.T.M.) Bodom Beach - not one of my favorite NTM files. still not a bad file. done quite cleanly 6.5/10
(N.T.M.) Title - Ending - Super Mario World - i remember i liked this 7/10
(Nick & Typh00n) YMCK LAST BOSS - imho this is crap 1/10
(Noon) Day - I like this better than I remember, those parts where you put a step RIGHT after a freeze were annoying though 5/10
(Noon) More More More - noon's best file for me. great song, unique steps. jacks at the end are a nice touch. has a good feel hahaa. 7.5/10
(Noon) The Exit Track - i think i like this...i probably do 6.5/10
(OperationStrawbarry) Picking Flowers at Night - apparently everybody else likes this. imho it's really overlong but done decently well for a Strawbarry file. he's improved. congrats 5.5/10

BLUE
(trumaestro) 101 Kittens - fun file overall, don't see what's so bad that stargroup had to explode over it. horrid song. 7/10
(N.T.M.) Accept the Fact - not bad although you really need to start layering percussion. nobody's going to notice 3 millisecond differences in SM anyway so go ahead and make it a bit more interesting. good file nontheless. 7/10
(Scylaax) Acid Vision - dnb only this is actually sort of unique and fun 7/10
(Trance Core vs. Gundam-Dude) Amaryllis - fun but nothing I'd especially love. nice swing and sync though. some parts have annoying bursts and a few parts feel off. 7/10
(DGK) Anti the Holic - only played it twice so far, other than the sudden super hard jacks it felt alright, nothing super special imo 7/10
(Roar176) Attention Grabber - bland and easy AAA other than random jacks. bleh 5/10
(Dimentio) Blind Justice - Kil made this file? wow. pretty fun but a few parts with freezes make it a bit hard to read. 7/10
(Xiaounlimited) Brimming White - first piano part is fine, but the slow part is AIDS. gets a little better after that but I might want to remake this 5/10
(WTFBrandon vs. Gundam-Dude) But I Love U - I Love U. sort of repetitive but fun and a good MA file with all the color notes. 7/10
(Who_Carez973) Champion Freeverse - this rap ain't no crap. solid file with replay value. 8.5/10
(Psycho) China Junk - what is this I don't even na/10
(SulferDragon) Darhan Dance - repetitive but mildly enjoyable. neat song. 5.5/10
(Buizel) Death Moon - it was fine for Death Moon until the dumpstream with all the unneccessary minifreezes (the patterns would have sufficed) and the random jacks that break flow. quit out. 3.5/10 (on the bright side it's better than all those other Death Moons)
(Baq12) Eruption - wow why. you can be content knowing nobody will ever top this much rainbow 7/10 ps last freeze is way too long
(Patashu) Ethno Circus - I still like this file 7.5/10
(Roar176) Fire Fire - by the 16th jump part I was sick of waiting for something cool to happen. quit out 4/10
(Patashu) Flat zone - fun as hell for whatever reason. nice job Patashur. 8/10
(Patashu) Go Beyond!! -jazzy mix- jizzed. overlong but has tons of fun parts 8/10
(typh00n) Gouin ni mai yeah - some parts have good ideas but then there's these really annoying hard parts that ruin it. likeable file though. 5/10
(Roar176) Heart of Bitch - I didn't think I really enjoyed this, imo Kommisar's is better 5/10
(Kraezymann) Like a Man - fun file. not super technical but that's not what you were aiming for so props to you. 8/10
(Kommisar) Sakura Saku - don't leave Kommi ;___; 11/10
(Roar176) Love Love Sugar - grew on me when I played it a second time but still nothing special for me 6/10
(Oubliette) MAD KEYBOARD ZONE - no. these are getting old. 4.5/10
(Scylaax + i love gabba) Meikai - good idea, decent execution. drags a little for me 7/10
(Scylaax) Moon Child - this was fun as hell though. I love it. 8.5/10
(Ophi) Necrophantasia - I dunno I quit out of this. we've seen this file many times before 5/10
(Scylaax) Nothing Beats - hand abuse and the long jacks were a bit annoying, but solid 6.5/10
(SulferDragon) Occult Castle Battle - drum and bass automatically makes me a skeptic. not a huge fan of the song or steps. feels too weird for me so I'll pass 4/10
(SulferDragon) Open the World - I love this file though 8.5/10
(Ophi) Phantom Ensemble - playable but nothing really pops other than a few parts 6/10
(Gunlimited) Piano x Forte x Scandal - I think this was sort of fun 7/10
(Wineandbread) Porquito Mas - enjoyable. once again not a huge fan of d'n'b but you made it work. 7/10
(Roar176) Pull Harder on the Strings of your Martyr - slow but picks up very well later 7.5/10
(TheSam) Ristaccia - not as good as lurker's. imo this really didn't need a restep. still sort of fun 5/10
(Who_Carez973) River Flows in You - beautiful file but the ending is boring 8/10
(Sargon) Robotica - amateurish feel but I find this fun in an old-school way. doesn't drag at all either for me. 7.5/10
(Scylaax) Rottel-da-star - pattern changing seems a bit arbitrary but file is still quite fun. not bad 7.5/10
(Who_Carez973) Shuriken Cut - dj Kentaro rules. cool file "cause you're original" 8/10
(Stargroup) Suo of Sou - hmm okay. neat song too 7/10
(SulferDragon) Spaceport Alpha - nice sir. jacks make this hard and good for replay value. 7/10
(Scylaax) Tewi Within - missed climax everywhere, some parts overstepped and others understepped, just doesn't work 4.5/10
(Trance Core) The Creature Sealed Off - YNS detected. playable file otherwise 6/10
(Stargroup) The FCC Song - funny file but Family Guy is overrated. song ruins it for me, video would have been nice 7.5/10
(Patashu) To Make the End of Battle - alright last file reviewed. not Patashu's best file, but still sort of fun. song is horrid though. don't like the song sorry 6/10
(Scylaax) Tsugihagi Construction - I don't get it but for me this file is really fun 8.5/10
(Patashu) Ubertreffen - fun and JUST when I thought I wanted to quit out the file ended. interesting...7/10
(moches) Vidohunir - I don't particularly enjoy this file over any of my other ones but it's still one of my better files 7/10
(Trance Core) Vox Up - I thought YMCK Boss was bad. wow patterns don't flow at all, has a weird feel to it and overall it's plain not fun 3/10

overall best Xoon pack to date