Old 09-16-2009, 08:39 AM   #2
Viccica
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Viccica Send a message via MSN to Viccica
Default Re: TWG LXXXVIII: Host Sign-ups

Mystery Game: The Best Things Come in Fours

16 players.

There are items... :3

In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Viccica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:01 AM   #3
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Manti said something about a game without items.

I think he should host that game
Old 09-16-2009, 09:23 AM   #4
A2P
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to A2P

I've seen manti's game...it's pretty boss
A2P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:24 AM   #5
edubardus
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGEEEEEEE
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

manti's game is pretty boss

Last edited by bluguerrilla : Today at 08:51 PM. Reason: edubardus/
edubardus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:36 AM   #6
Temote
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Temote

Last time Manti told me about his game, he said it wasn't done yet. <_<
Temote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:44 AM   #7
edubardus
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGEEEEEEE
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

manti's game is pretty boss

Last edited by bluguerrilla : Today at 08:51 PM. Reason: edubardus/
edubardus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:21 AM   #8
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

TWG LXXXVIII: Manti’s Metroid Madness

Yes after 3 lazy months I finally finished it ^.^
20 players

Team Good

Samus Aran - Guardian – Samus comes equipped with her Varia suit, and several modifications to it. The Galactic Federation has been able to equip a modified PED deceive onto the Suit. As such she may activate it once to protect herself (self guard) from any non phazon attacks.

Gandrayda – Morph/seer – Gandrayda is a shape shifter. Her morph abilities make it possible for her to interact with other teams. DURING THE DAY she will select a player and become that player for the course of the following night. If Gandrayda selects a wolf, she will become a wolf for the night, and has a proportional chance of affecting who the wolves kill. If she targets the MW with her power, she will become corrupted and join the wolf team as a slave (resulting in a loss for Gandrayda, regardless of who wins)

Rundas- Metroid Bane – Rundas’ strength comes from his arsenal of ice weaponry. He can easily freeze targets at will preventing them from performing their night actions. If he targets a metroid with his attack the metroid will freeze midair and fall to the ground shattering. Also has a PED suit. Rundas is also immune to metroid attacks, if he is targeted by the metroids, he will randomly kill one of them during the attack and he will survive.
-Send a PM during the day targeting a player to freeze for the night

3 Humans
8 Humans with PED suits

Team SCREEEEEEEE

3 Metroid Masons Metroids are hungry creatures that feed off of energy. Due to their adaptively they can feed off of Phazon. The metroids are a serial killer trio that function like wolves. They must attack 1(2?) players each night however their kill can be satiated in several ways
1. If they attack anyone with a PED suit, the suit will auto activate to protect that person, and the metroids will drain the PED suit instead of the person’s life
2. If the metroids attack a corrupted human, they will drain the phazon from the human reverting them from wolf slave back to human.
3. If they attack Rhundas, one Metroid will die at random and their kill will fail on him.

The metroids will win and their kill will cease when they successfully attack the wolves’ Phazon Spawner. Since the spawner continually creates phazon, and the metroids continually eat, the metroids and the phazon spawner will neutralize each other and will all be removed from the game. This will result in an automatic loss for the Phazon spawner.

Team Evil – 3 players

Dark Samus – Master (Wolf Guardian) Dark Samus is the physical representation of Phazon. Strong and cunning, being Samus’ Phazon based clone, she can guard her teammates from night attacks. Being Phazon based, she is also immune to Rhundas’ freezing attacks, and Metroid attacks.

Phazon Spawner – (Wolf converter) The Phazon Spawner is the wolves most important role. DURING THE DAY the Spawner will choose a person to throw phazon bombs at at night. These bombs will automatically corrupt anyone with an active PED suit and turn them into wolf slaves (Autoloss for that person if the game ends with them being a slave, thought they will continue playing). If the spawner targets a person with a PED suit, the Suit will activate. If the player does not deactivate the PED suit during the night (pm the host) they will be corrupted.

Red Phazon Pirate Commando (Wolf Seer) Equipped with a scan visor created by Dark Samus herself, The Commando can pick a target each night to seer. Has a PED suit as well.

PED Suits
1. When active, they protect from any attacks that are not Phazon based.
2. When active, if the player is attacked by the spawner’s phazon bomb attack, they will automatically become corrupted.
3. When inactive they still protect against metroid attacks.
4. If a player with a PED suit is hit by a phazon bomb, their suit will activate. The player must deactivate the suit by PMing the host telling him to deactivate the suit.

I am still taking suggestions for balance, but it will be ready by the time player signups go up. Things that might change
1. I fear the 3 normal humans will inevitably become a mason trio
2. Since there are an abundance of PED suits I'm thinking about giving the metroids 2 attacks per night

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 09-16-2009 at 12:33 PM..
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:35 AM   #9
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

manti, can you explain your game without using plot-specific color text? Can you describe it completely in TWG/mafia terms. I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what the purpose of the complication of things is. At first I figured it'd be dual wolf teams, but after reading it completely that doesn't seem right at all.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:43 AM   #10
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

so are the metroids like an additional wolf faction or are they human-allied?

The win condition for the metroids seems sort of funny. Like, they would win in the middle of the game probably and the game would go on to have a winning team between the humans/wolves? Feels almost like shoehorning to make it work thematically rather than within the game's construct.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:08 PM   #11
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Um lets see

Blues:

Samus: Normal Guard with a one time personal guard ability (PED Suit)

Gandrayda: Basically a seer that sends her PM during the day, and gets a response first thing when night begins.

Gandrayda's role is atypical, since a lot of things can happen to it
1. She sends her seering in during the day, and she becomes an exact duplicate of the player she chooses for the night (If she picks Samus she gets to guard a player, if she picks the phazon spawner she becomes that for the night and gets to throw a phazon bomb) Gandrayda will recieve a copy of that players PM (minus partners)
2. If Gandrayda targets Dark Samus (MW) with her ability she will become a wolf slave
3. Gandrayda cannot copy a PED suit, just the player, though she will be informed that her seeree has one

Rundas: Wolfsbane for the metroid team, ability to cancel one players night action (if the chosen player is a metroid, the metroid will be vigi'ed) Has a one time personal guard suit

11 humans (8 with the one time personal guard suits)

Team #2
Metroids: Must kill (one or two not fully decided yet) players per night
The metroids win condition is to sucsessfully attack the wolves' Phazon Spawner during the night. Should the attack succeed, all metroids and the phazon spawner will be removed from the game resulting in a win for all the metroids and a loss for the phazon spawner role

Notes:
1. Metroids cannot kill MW or Rundas(wolfsbane for them)
2. Metroids can reconvert corrupted Humans
3. A metroid attack will kill a human/wolf with a used one time guard (As long as the target is not guarded by samus/dark samus)
4. A metroid attack will not kill a human/wolf with an unused/active one time guard (The attack will "use up" the one time guard)

Team #3

Dark Samus - Wolf guardian she can protect one player per night from any night action.
-immune to Rundas' night action cancel ability
-immune to team #2's attacks

Pirate commando - Wolf seer with a one time personal guard.

Phazon Spawner - This is a created role specifically for this game that can't be explained in typical twg terms. That said the spawner is created to take advantage of the PED (one time guard) suits.

- The spawner tries to convert players to the wolf team by corrupting them with it's night ability (Phazon Bombs)

Notes:
- If a player has a PED suit and is hit with a bomb, one of two things will happen
1. For an active PED suit The player will become a corrupted human/wolf slave (lonewolf). This player will then count towards the wolf population. but will loose the game reguardless of what team wins if they are in this condition.
----------Note: If the corrupted human is attacked by the metroids, they will become a normal human again.

2. For an inactive PED suit the suit will activate, and unless a pm is sent to the host telling the host to deactivate the suit during the night, they will become corrupted and follow the path of note #1.

PED Suits: (A pm must be sent to the host to activate the one time guard ability)
1. When active, they protect from any attacks except lynchings and those of the phazon spawner
2. When active, if the player is attacked by the spawner’s phazon bomb attack, they will automatically become corrupted.
3. When inactive they still protect against metroid attacks.
4. If a player with a PED suit is hit by a phazon bomb, their suit will activate. The player must deactivate the suit by PMing the host telling him to deactivate the suit.

Hope that's less confusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
The win condition for the metroids seems sort of funny. Like, they would win in the middle of the game probably and the game would go on to have a winning team between the humans/wolves? Feels almost like shoehorning to make it work thematically rather than within the game's construct.
-Metroids are not allied to anyone, however they are not really against the human team. It kinda makes me want to add another wolf to the game.
- Yes the metroids can win midgame, and the game would continue to have a winner between humans/wolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 09-16-2009 at 12:16 PM..
Old 09-16-2009, 12:14 PM   #12
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

I just don't like the idea of a team with a win condition of "attack player X to win". If the metroids fulfill their win objective, the game goes on though, right? The game goes on so that humans and wolves can win too?

I'd rather just have something a little more straightforward. Simple dualing wolf teams would be more appealing to me than this concept.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:17 PM   #13
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
I just don't like the idea of a team with a win condition of "attack player X to win". If the metroids fulfill their win objective, the game goes on though, right? The game goes on so that humans and wolves can win too?

I'd rather just have something a little more straightforward. Simple dualing wolf teams would be more appealing to me than this concept.

edited above, but the game would continue if the metroids fufill their win condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by V

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 09-16-2009 at 12:23 PM..
Old 09-16-2009, 12:42 PM   #14
Temote
FFR Player

Do the metroids count towards the human total, though?

i.e. If there's three wolves, three humans, and the metroids at the end of a day phase, does the game end?
Old 09-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #15
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Game would continue, though i cannot see it coming down to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Old 09-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #16
Temote
FFR Player

Wait, let me figure this out. x_x

PED suits are basically free self guards until you get corrupted? But even when not active, Metroids still can't kill people? Also, do we know if we get corrupted? (And that includes Gandrayda.)

Also, what's the difference between Samus's self guard and all the other self guards? (Or is it just that she's a guard?)

I'll probably have more questions in a bit. XD Give me a sec.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #17
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

Wow I wish I saw this before I asked you some of these very questions.

I basically sent you a huge list of unanswered questions.

My biggest complaint with this game is the spawner. I gave you a suggestion about how to modify it to balance out the game. Check it out because the metroids rely on complete luck otherwise.

Even though the humans are corrupted and count towards the wolf team, I do not think they should be counted towards the wolf population. (I.E. if you have 2 true wolves and 3 corrupted wolves, with 4 humans/metroids, the game should NOT end with a wolf victory.) But then again, i did not run the numbers on how many people would probably get corrupted so I guess if that number was 1 or 2 at most, then I guess it would not hurt toooooooo much. (Especially since I think the wolves need a boost to help them win a game.)
Old 09-16-2009, 01:45 PM   #18
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

I must not be clear about the PED suits, they are one time use self guards

-If you activate it for a night it protects you for just that night. it cannot activate later via bomb or metroid attack
- If it gets activated by metroid/bomb attack it cannot be used again later

- corrupted humans would count towards the wolf total, you will know if you become corrupted.

-Samus's PED suit is the same as all the other suits Her guard however works on everything.

Iggy sent me some suggestions. I'll look over them when i get home. Anyone else feel free to pm me more suggestions/questions as i don't want to clog up the thread anymore then we already have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 09-16-2009 at 01:48 PM..
Old 09-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #19
AC1speakerbox
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AC1speakerbox Send a message via MSN to AC1speakerbox

Thank God I played the MP3:Corruption or I would have no clue what any of this meant.
AC1speakerbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #20
freakysnots
八一
FFR Veteran

manti

freakysnots is offline   Reply With Quote