Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-7-2009, 02:14 PM   #81
Dorby
fake plastic deez
FFR Veteran

Default Re: what the **** ffr

So far we have clarified that

1. everyone is entitled to their own opinioin.

2. quit ur bitchin etc.

3. not every file will meet your standards blah blah blah
And so it was, with this thread that, in 2014 Robertsona will be placed in history via the Legendary Thread section. He will be respected as a self-proclaimed master of TGB. A feat so uncared for and ignored that he himself committed suicide in early 2013.
Dorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2009, 02:16 PM   #82
omgitznpv
cohoooooon
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to omgitznpv Send a message via MSN to omgitznpv

Quote:
Originally Posted by krunkykai22 View Post
Honestly, it's simple. If you don't like a damn song then don't ****ing play it. Seriously, too many people on here bitch and moan about songs they don't like. I know, because I do that a lot. But just because I don't like the song, doesn't mean I make a damn thread about it and bitch about it. Keep it to yourself or don't ****ing play the song. FFR can't just be one type of genre because it would be incredibly boring and only produce a certain amount of participants. The more genres we have the better. Honestly there should be more in my opinion.

As for certain songs I don't like: vertex beta, szamar madar, sympathizer, and some others. But it's not that I don't like the music, its the step charts. There's obviously a difference.

Get over it, FFR can't please everyone, but the admins and mods are doing everything they can to keep FFR one of the best sites on the net. I think they're doing a damn good job. SO quit your ****ing bitching. Seriously.
if you haven't understood many of the points here yet

people whine about the songs because if they don't play them they stick at the bottom of their levelrank

also with the appeasement with different sorts of music: don't step songs that make bad files (like emo rock mostly because there definitely are some songs out there that do make good files out there). if ffr actually cared about quality control this wouldn't really be a problem (yes there is a whole judging process but most people still don't know crap and continue to let in bad files in or files that are just technically correct but not fun or don't know what an actually fun file is etc; there are only a few actually good files in-game)
omgitznpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2009, 02:22 PM   #83
stargroup
FFR Player

alright that's it

Quote:
Originally Posted by krunkykai22 View Post
Get over it, FFR can't please everyone, but the admins and mods are doing everything they can to keep FFR one of the best sites on the net. I think they're doing a damn good job. SO quit your ****ing bitching. Seriously.
FFR can't please everyone, but the objective should be to please as many people as possible. The problem with FFR is that the admins and mods COULD BE DOING A BETTER JOB, they just don't because of laziness or stubbornness. And because of this reason, FFR is not a great site full of potential, but a relatively junk site with no real outstanding aspects.

Coding for the game is crap, charts for the game are crap, administration is sometimes crap, cleanliness is crap, and overall almost everything is at least a little crap.

Including the community.

Here's the problem with cynics who keep bitching. You bitch and you bitch about everything but you never get anything done. You complain about everything and yet you don't explain your reasoning. At least you're trying to bring about positive change, and that's good. But you have to DO SOMETHING.

Now even worse, are the people who are obliviously positive. Do realize that there is no excuse for sucky stepcharts. FFR had the potential to have incredible judges (namely Kommisar and Patashu) but due to the poor administration they were kicked off. If that wasn't bad enough, you step artists KEEP RESTEPPING STUFF FROM STEPMANIA. And when you're not doing that, you step DUMPS, like CSGS, which I might add is one of the worst files to ever hit FFR. You have quite a handful of good files from the past that you guys can learn from (Final Step, Szamar Madar, Blue Rose, Planet Karma), so it's not like you don't know what a good file looks like.

The people who are positive also say that "IF YOU DONT LIKE A STEPCHART DONT PLAY IT". This is the most horrible excuse ever. Just because 2 out 21090852 people like a file does not mean it's good, and does not mean it should be in game. In addition, most players feel the need to play every file or else their ranks will drop. Because of this, it is even MORE important that EVERY file is quality.

Another excuse you guys use is telling cynics to stop forcing opinions on others. Alright fine. If you like crappy files, DON'T TELL US ABOUT IT. We don't want to hear it. You'll lose respect from us and you won't let FFR progress anywhere. In order for the site to maintain quality, you have to maintain expectations. It's bad enough the files are already sucking, and then you guys think it's fine for them to CONTINUE SUCKING.

I bet some of you are thinking, "What difference are you from a cynic? What separates you from the people who only bitch and don't do anything? Why are you special?"
I'm not what I previously described because I actually GET THINGS DONE. I'm working on my 6 key engine, and I stuck with it, and I'm still working on it. I have my goals and I put them TO ACTION. Also, I'm one of FFR's best stepartists, despite the fact I don't step stuff for FFR anymore. I am special because I am spiteful AND insightful.

In summary, files should stop sucking, positive ******s should stop being ******s, cynical bitches should stop whining, and the administration should stop being pack mules. NONE OF YOU ARE DOING ANYTHING RIGHT (except for a select few)

Tass, I thoroughly apologize if this offends you in any way. I could not help myself, and I still have FFR's best intentions in mind. I meant no disrespect. I only hope to bring about a better mindset for the community here. Please don't take out your banhammer.
Old 09-7-2009, 02:24 PM   #84
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitznpv View Post
if you haven't understood many of the points here yet

people whine about the songs because if they don't play them they stick at the bottom of their levelrank
That really wasn't why After Dawn started this thread.

Quote:
also with the appeasement with different sorts of music: don't step songs that make bad files (like emo rock mostly because there definitely are some songs out there that do make good files out there). if ffr actually cared about quality control this wouldn't really be a problem (yes there is a whole judging process but most people still don't know crap and continue to let in bad files in or files that are just technically correct but not fun or don't know what an actually fun file is etc; there are only a few actually good files in-game)
Totally subjective bro
EDIT CAUSE STARGROUP IS RAGING AT ME: Up to a certain extent set by current standards of what is acceptable and what not in a simfile.

I agree with you that that those emo rock songs suck btw (and a whole bunch of other songs on FFR), but i'm sure alot of other people like those songs.

Last edited by Nullifidian; 09-7-2009 at 02:31 PM..
Nullifidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2009, 02:40 PM   #85
omgitznpv
cohoooooon

Quote:
Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ View Post
Totally subjective bro
what's a better file

glove's in the presence of enemies (part 2?) or rebirth's blooddrunk (not that it's even technically correct tho) for example

it's still technically subjective but uhhh there isn't much of an argument, because glove utilizes and executes certain techniques better

sorry for being a ****** @ stargroup i had to say this

also stargroup planet karma in ffr doesn't rule sorry i never want to play the file more than once

but la camp isn't that good anyways learn to understand the points of the song and step them > : O
Old 09-7-2009, 02:43 PM   #86
KotHN
FFR's Resident President
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup View Post
The problem with FFR is that the admins and mods COULD BE DOING A BETTER JOB, they just don't because of laziness or stubbornness.
Where else do you address this? The game could be better, but we can't change that. Is complaining going to help? No? Go and stage a coup then.

Quote:
In addition, most players feel the need to play every file or else their ranks will drop. Because of this, it is even MORE important that EVERY file is quality.
Once again, it's a game. You are much too serious.
KotHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2009, 02:46 PM   #87
stargroup
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by KotHN View Post
Where else do you address this? The game could be better, but we can't change that. Is complaining going to help? No? Go and stage a coup then.
IT WOULD GET BETTER IF PEOPLE LIKE YOU WOULD SHUT UP

my complaining does help for your information. you obviously don't know who I am you f*cking dumbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by KotHN View Post
Once again, it's a game. You are much too serious.
notice how I said OTHER people feel this way. also, just because people don't want to play a game seriously doesn't mean that the game's quality should diminish. would you buy a retarded console game, regardless of whether or not you played it seriously?
Old 09-7-2009, 02:49 PM   #88
KotHN
FFR's Resident President
FFR Veteran

It would get better if I stopped being apathetic? How about I start working in the wrong direction? Brb, submitting a bajillion dumps.

Yes, I know who you are, but apart from being an alright stepartist, you're just another self-righteous arsehole.

PS, this game is free. If people want it to be friggin awesome and stuff, maybe they should sink some real money into it.

I notice you're not a subby 8)
KotHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2009, 02:49 PM   #89
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
what's a better file

glove's in the presence of enemies (part 2?) or rebirth's blooddrunk (not that it's even technically correct tho) for example

it's still technically subjective but uhhh there isn't much of an argument, because glove utilizes and executes certain techniques better
Yeah I totally agree. That was a bit my fault, I didn't completely specify what I meant in my post at first until stargroup started raging at me on aim and I edited my post:

"Up to a certain extent set by current standards of what is acceptable and what not in a simfile."

Obviously one handed trills for gazillion measures aren't gonna be fun or acceptable for a great majority of the people. (I'm wondering why it even got in FFR in the first place)

EDIT: And with this post, I'll stop posting in this thread, cause I find this thread retarded as ****.
Old 09-7-2009, 02:50 PM   #90
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

Quote:

but la camp isn't that good anyways learn to understand the points of the song and step them > : O
im re stepping a better version of la camp for sm unless i get lazy

also going by fun factor

la campanella> planet karma
Old 09-7-2009, 02:52 PM   #91
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
FFR is not a great site full of potential, but a relatively junk site with no real outstanding aspects.
Be more specific. You're talking about the game, not the site.

Quote:
Coding for the game is crap, charts for the game are crap, administration is sometimes crap, cleanliness is crap, and overall almost everything is at least a little crap.
This website hosts a free flash game. Try making what suggestions you can to improve it, and be satisfied with that.

Quote:
Here's the problem with cynics who keep bitching. You bitch and you bitch about everything but you never get anything done. You complain about everything and yet you don't explain your reasoning. At least you're trying to bring about positive change, and that's good. But you have to DO SOMETHING.
Even if you do explain why you don't like something, bitching about it endlessly is also counterproductive. Whoever you're complaining to probably already knew you hated whatever you hate, and they're doing their best to take all demographics into account.

Quote:
If that wasn't bad enough, you step artists KEEP RESTEPPING STUFF FROM STEPMANIA.
That's not cool, I agree.

Quote:
And when you're not doing that, you step DUMPS, like CSGS, which I might add is one of the worst files to ever hit FFR.
k, listen up. I'll play SM or FFR on occasion for fun. I know what files I find enjoyable, and there are probably a decent amount of people with similar tastes to mine, as with anyone. CSGS is a simple file with a lot of minijacks and a short jack section. The difficulty is balanced, and it's short. I know about good, technical files and all that crap. I went through all that a long ass time ago. Guess what? It doesn't necessarily make your files more fun for all players. Maybe some people only play files to gawk at how well stepped they are. (Sounds weird.) That's not me. If you're talking about how the music itself sucks, then whatever, that's irrelevant. I don't care for almost any of the songs that would typically be stepped for FFR or SM.[/quote]

Quote:
The people who are positive also say that "IF YOU DONT LIKE A STEPCHART DONT PLAY IT". This is the most horrible excuse ever. Just because 2 out 21090852 people like a file does not mean it's good, and does not mean it should be in game. In addition, most players feel the need to play every file or else their ranks will drop. Because of this, it is even MORE important that EVERY file is quality.
If you're going for level rank and all that, you're going to have to suffer through stuff you don't like. That's almost the point, really. Odds are, a hell of a lot more people like files you don't than you think. Unless a file is really inaccurate, "quality" is completely subjective.

Quote:
Another excuse you guys use is telling cynics to stop forcing opinions on others. Alright fine. If you like crappy files, DON'T TELL US ABOUT IT. We don't want to hear it. You'll lose respect from us and you won't let FFR progress anywhere. In order for the site to maintain quality, you have to maintain expectations. It's bad enough the files are already sucking, and then you guys think it's fine for them to CONTINUE SUCKING.
Everyone has a right to voice their opinion. It's not a one-way street.

Quote:
I bet some of you are thinking, "What difference are you from a cynic? What separates you from the people who only bitch and don't do anything? Why are you special?"
I'm not what I previously described because I actually GET THINGS DONE. I'm working on my 6 key engine, and I stuck with it, and I'm still working on it. I have my goals and I put them TO ACTION. Also, I'm one of FFR's best stepartists, despite the fact I don't step stuff for FFR anymore. I am special because I am spiteful AND insightful.
It's good that you're working on that stuff. Good job. It'd be pretty cool if you were a little more humble.

Quote:
In summary, files should stop sucking, positive ******s should stop being ******s, cynical bitches should stop whining, and the administration should stop being pack mules. NONE OF YOU ARE DOING ANYTHING RIGHT (except for a select few)
If you don't like the direction things are going:

-make suggestions once, maybe twice
-try to obtain a leadership position
-if you're still upset and nothing works, do something to cope, like crying or playing FFR

Note: I dissected your post because I'm pretty bored. I don't actually have a vested interest in this stuff. I do think, though, that what you think is best for FFR is different from what others and what the administrators think is best. That's an important issue to address.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2009, 03:00 PM   #92
stargroup
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
If you don't like the direction things are going:

-make suggestions once, maybe twice
-try to obtain a leadership position
-if you're still upset and nothing works, do something to cope, like crying or playing FFR

Note: I dissected your post because I'm pretty bored. I don't actually have a vested interest in this stuff. I do think, though, that what you think is best for FFR is different from what others and what the administrators think is best. That's an important issue to address.
- oh my god you have no idea how many times I made suggestions
- leadership position is impossible since I don't agree with the mods and admins
- I'm making my own site

Note: although I see you have an interest in this, you obviously DON'T understand things from my perspective and you don't truly get what makes a good file or you'd be on my side completely. (oops I insulted your opinion no I didn't) I don't care what the administrators think is best, because they're usually wrong, and I have explained this thoroughly many many times. and it's not like I'm COMPLETELY telling them what to do. I try to direct them in an area that I am excellent at.

also hi dorby

also ghakimx you're gonna feel my wrath
Old 09-7-2009, 03:03 PM   #93
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

Crazy how people worry more about how well the file is stepped to the song and making sure it is absolutely perfect then just having the file and having fun playing the game. Only files that should be complained about are ones that are offsync or just make no F'in sense what so ever.
Plan_Bsk81127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2009, 03:03 PM   #94
stargroup
FFR Player

as soon as I get cpanel access to this new site

it'll have 6 key, forums, and rankings

so it'll essentially be an ffr baby site but infinitely better because all major criticisms of THIS site will have been addressed

EDIT: plan, that's EXACTLY WHY I have a problem with most files on this site

EDIT: 0 you will feel my wrath

Last edited by stargroup; 09-7-2009 at 03:06 PM..
stargroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2009, 03:08 PM   #95
stargroup
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorby View Post
cool im playin solo now its fun where are the packs tho
ugh it's like half the forums doesn't even exist

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=95699
Old 09-7-2009, 03:11 PM   #96
omgitznpv
cohoooooon

Quote:
Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ View Post
Yeah I totally agree. That was a bit my fault, I didn't completely specify what I meant in my post at first until stargroup started raging at me on aim and I edited my post:

"Up to a certain extent set by current standards of what is acceptable and what not in a simfile."

Obviously one handed trills for gazillion measures aren't gonna be fun or acceptable for a great majority of the people. (I'm wondering why it even got in FFR in the first place)

EDIT: And with this post, I'll stop posting in this thread, cause I find this thread retarded as ****.
oh, i totally didnt read the other stuff you said after totally subjective bro cus i saw because stargroup is raging etc. i thought that was directed at him

well i didn't mean just the 1-handed trills i just mean the file as a whole. also wiht the emo songs you can have the same kind of emo songs that make good files that people won't hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
im re stepping a better version of la camp for sm unless i get lazy

also going by fun factor

la campanella> planet karma
yes true ps eliminate the yns in the last third or so it throws me off like hell
Old 09-7-2009, 03:12 PM   #97
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0 View Post
planet karma should have been part 1 - part 5 etc

i mean some of it is fun but 6 minute file = zzzzzzzzz
It isnt even that bad. There is only like 1 slow part from what I remember, everything else is active. It would be stupid to split up a 6 min song.
Plan_Bsk81127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2009, 03:13 PM   #98
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
- oh my god you have no idea how many times I made suggestions
- leadership position is impossible since I don't agree with the mods and admins
- I'm making my own site

Note: although I see you have an interest in this, you obviously DON'T understand things from my perspective and you don't truly get what makes a good file or you'd be on my side completely. (oops I insulted your opinion no I didn't) I don't care what the administrators think is best, because they're usually wrong, and I have explained this thoroughly many many times. and it's not like I'm COMPLETELY telling them what to do. I try to direct them in an area that I am excellent at.
-that's why I said once or twice, after that all you can do is make people want to stop listening
-if you're making your own site that's great, then you don't need to worry about this one

I do know what makes a "good file." I went through the whole stepfile game myself. I stopped around when people started stepping non-quantized patterns and finding ways to easily sync non-static tempos, but I still understand the concepts. What you're failing to see is that FFR exists for people to play. What's enjoyable for one person to play may not be so for another person. There's no exception to this, either.

dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2009, 03:17 PM   #99
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

yeah someone else synced la camp for me when i started it and i didnt know how to fix the yns without having to restep it. now that im a ddream pro and since i plan on restepping i might as well resync too
Old 09-7-2009, 03:18 PM   #100
Ghakimx
Cutie&Handshaking Sounds
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Ghakimx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghakimx
P.S. Planet KARMA = Zzzzzz
Quote:
also ghakimx you're gonna feel my wrath
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0 View Post
planet karma should have been part 1 - part 5 etc

i mean some of it is fun but 6 minute file = zzzzzzzzz
Quote:
EDIT: 0 you will feel my wrath
Lololol. Let's feel it together!
But I'm serious, it's boring to listen to, so can get uninteresting to play.
Fast steps + Boring song. Formula is simple to understand.

I AM ASHAMED OF MY STUPIDITY AND MUST COMMIT SEPPUKU. FORGIVE ME, FFR.

Ninjas NEVER die. Now on a 30 kill streak.
Ghakimx is offline   Reply With Quote