Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 07:18 PM   #1
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743
Default TWC Suggestion

I just came back and realized there is a TWG Council (Chardish, Tass, Kilga, Blah, Guido). Wouldn't it be good if these people had the right to moderate this forum. If they are good enough at the game to be on the Council then they should be able to lock suggestions, lock the games, etc. It is not a necessary thing for the council to have but, it would make sense.

Yay?/Nay?

EDIT: I know, Chardish/Kilga/Tass can already do that in this forum.

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:20 PM   #2
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness
Default RE: TWC Suggestion

3 of them are already mods.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:48 PM   #3
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12

Yeah, seems reasonable to me.

Old 02-18-2005, 08:01 PM   #4
deltro300111
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to deltro300111 Send a message via MSN to deltro300111 Send a message via Yahoo to deltro300111

Same. (Yay!)
Old 02-18-2005, 08:06 PM   #5
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

I personnally see no need for it. The TWC is there to take care of cheating disputes, not to lock topics.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:10 PM   #6
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Personally, I have no issue with Blah and Guido being made mods for this forum. It's not truely necessary, but it would sort of solidify their position of power.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:23 PM   #7
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Blah or Guido (I forget which) suggested before (and it was brought to LD) that the current host of the game be given mod abilities in the forum, so they can police their own game.

The problem is that Synth approves the giving of all mod powers, and he doesn't like just handing them out to everyone, and when he does hand them out, he doesn't like taking them back....

So, weighing all that, I'm inclined to let things be. Once Chardish is back from lint, there will be 4 active TWGers who can also mod. And between the 4 of us, there is almost always 1 of us around. Just toss us an IM if something needs to be handled. Add to that the fact that I've been basically running the TWC so far. Every single issue that has been brought to the council, save 1, has started with me and from there spawned to the rest of the council. Once a decision has been made, I've acted upon it. That is why every post made from the TWC has come from me. I'm not on a power trip, just trying to make sure everything that needs a decision gets one quickly.

That is all. Nothing to see here.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:56 AM   #8
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

read my reply in the signup thread... I'm furious, I want something done about it.
There shoudl be NO reason why you're "running TWC"

Old 02-19-2005, 09:00 AM   #9
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

I'm taking charge Blah. Since no one else has. There have been 5-6 issues that I've brought to the rest of y'all. And everyone has gotten a majority. Whether you were informed about them all or not, isn't really a big deal. Because in the end, your opinion wouldn't have mattered... 3 people voted together each time. And, every time you were online and I brought something to the council, I informed you.

My suggestion... be online more.

I can't help it if all the issues are being brought to me to therefore be brought to everyone else. Besides, Neon came to you about his app, which WAS turned down. Just because I came up with the 4/5 idea doesn't mean that Chardish, Guido, and Kilga didn't ALL agree on it. Be furious all you want. What do you want done about it? Bring it up to the rest of the council for discussion.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:04 AM   #10
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743

Maybe there should be an election type thing for a head of the council (the one who takes charge) because apparently there are some different feelings about taking charge, as shown by blah and Tass.

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:45 AM   #11
blahblah18
FFR Player

If I brought anything up to the council for discussion, I'd never be told about it...
you obviously know nothing about the weay any such proceedings ever work tass... the idea about a council like this is for us to discuss something and then come to a decision together, and there are different votes jst in case there is a difference of opinion... if you all vote something and don't even tell me about it, then you never get to mhear my argument or my side of the story, and perhaps people would vote differently if they had heard it... so yeah, shove that last post up your ass because I know you're not actually that stupid to believe any of the cvrap you had written.

Old 02-19-2005, 12:20 PM   #12
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

It doesn't seem like this whole council thing is working. It is just creating more of a distraction. Though, I do see valid points in both Blah and Tass's argue,ents.

Blah doesn't think it is fair that people make decision based on majority if he isn't there to put in his input. Like a court decsion being made with only half the jurors.

Tass is saying to be on more. Some of the problems have to be dealt with immediately, and can't wait on all the members.

I don't know what you guys are going to do with this, but you need to elect someone to either take charge, or elect someone to deliver an un-biased decision.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:16 PM   #13
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

We have 5 members for a reason. So that when something is put to vote, it takes 3 members to agree. I've gotten 3 members to agree on everything I've brought forth. Just because blah is never around to ask, he's never one of the 3. Most of the time, I get 4, just because they are all online.

So, my reasoning was that we had a majority, therefore the 5th member's vote didn't matter, so I didn't bother him with it. End of story.

Obviously the council needs to get together, all 5 of us at once, and talk about this. It doesn't need to continue to be spewed upon the forum.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:00 PM   #14
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

The point of the council, however, is to let everyone's opinions be brought forth. It is possible that one member has though of something that could sway the decision of other council members. That is the point. So that there are more opinions and active discussion to find the best solution. In many cases the answer is not just yes or no.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:52 PM   #15
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Indeed. It's best to discuss things before voting, not afterwards. If Congress just showed up and voted without any information being presented, some bad decisions would get made. Same goes here. You need to discuss things before voting so that cases can be presented and people will have more reason to vote one way or the other.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 02-20-2005, 02:04 AM   #16
blahblah18
FFR Player

Thanks guys for realizing its not The Tass's Council, or The Totalitarian Council or whatever... btw sorry for my last 4 posts, I've been real cynical and bitter in them, and it really is just a game, and it realyl is just a forum... but I guess I have principles... oh well

Old 02-20-2005, 10:09 AM   #17
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky
Default Re: RE: TWC Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the TWC thread Tasselfoot
If you look at this group, it is 5 people with 5 different views on the game. Chardish has the view mostly from running games, Blah has the view from playing only, Kilga has the most experience, I've got a ton of heart for the game and logic, and Guido brings a nice solid medium throughout his games.
Then why wouldn't you want all of the views to be heard?
Old 02-20-2005, 11:29 AM   #18
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Default RE: Re: RE: TWC Suggestion

Lets see.... Kilga can back me up on this (as Chardish/Guido aren't going to the forums for another month, and Blah hasn't gotten alot of my IMs):

We have a decusion to make, so I write up a paragraph describing the facts. Every time I've gotton 1-2 words back from Kilga. Usually "Thats fine" or "Sure". From Guido/Chardish I get a sentence or two, but generally speaking everything said is "Yes, I agree with your point of view Tass."

So, what is there to argue when all 3 of them agree with my point of view. The things that have been up for discussion, apart from Neon's joining, have been very straight forward. And, Neon has since been let in as we need players.

This is getting locked, because it is something the council needs to discuss amongst ourselves, not out in the open.