Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2009, 03:36 AM   #1
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod
Default Mortal Online

yeah looks cool

Rikonstruct: like, I'm sorta in the mood for a new MMO possibly if they can make one as good as WoW and play exactly the same yet completely different in atmosphere
Rikonstruct: I'm starting to get bored of WoW places
Rikonstruct: Outland = boring
Rikonstruct: Northrend= boring
ED: Check out
ED: Mortal Online
ED: sec
Rikonstruct: Vanilla = 75% boring
ED: http://www.mortalonline.com/news/may-08-05-09
ED: check out the powerpoint near the bottom
Rikonstruct: kks
ED: its liek
ED: not a WoW-like game
ED: but its still pretty cool to me-sauce
Rikonstruct: If you are killed, you will lose all y our gear and equipment for others to loot.
Rikonstruct: lmao
Rikonstruct: we've made WoW jokes about that
ED: yeah
ED: the big diff is
ED: there isn't "Epic loot"
ED: theres just crafted items who's attributes match your playstlye
Rikonstruct: it basically seems like a giant sandbox for first person action pvp
ED: and pve
ED: I could see it being fun
ED: just like, having a few pals and striking out
ED: crafting stuff
Rikonstruct: true
ED: I guess there isnt much progression or independant action
ED: so, there wouldnt be anything to grind
Rikonstruct: like i'd play it if you and me could actually get good at it
ED: it helps that I know a few old wow buddies who are gonna get into it
ED: we could set up ambushes and murder people
Rikonstruct: and we could go out and go on a murdering spree
ED: steal their loots
Rikonstruct: yah
Rikonstruct: we can become road bandits
ED: or we could explore the vast vast world
ED: find a camp of orcs or something
ED: eradicate them
ED: they wouldnt respawn
Rikonstruct: Rp heaven yo
ED: the way they do combat is interactive
ED: in a way
ED: You could totally not RP
ED: but you could
ED: buddy o' mine is gonna be an animal tamer
ED: / medium melee / ranged guy
ED: so like, a ranger
ED: He's gonna tame me a mount!
Rikonstruct: haha
Rikonstruct: It actually sounds a lot different from WoW in a really really good way
ED: but in a Wayyy different way
ED: it wouldnt be a replacement
ED: so much as an alternative when the time calls for it
ED: at the same time, It would be a replacement if you stopped playing wow
Rikonstruct: True
ED: I imagine that there is alot to do by youself
ED: but who knows
Rikonstruct: I think the pvp part of it actually seems like it could take a lot of time
Rikonstruct: and it will be pretty cool to actually have a totally skill based pvp system
ED: yeh
Rikonstruct: as opposed to "HURF DURF CLASS IS OP"
ED: I mean, the limits are pretty nuts
ED: we could even join a large gang
ED: sack villages
ED: permanantly
ED: eventually they wanna have player housing
ED: so, we could set up a camp
ED: there aren't even really classes in this game
ED: the "classes" in this game
Rikonstruct: yeah it's sorta like a "live midevil fantasy"
Rikonstruct: i like how mounts have stats
Rikonstruct: and how they're a bigger part of the game than just "increases movement speed"
ED: full on mounted combat
ED: plus extra damage when certain attacks are done at a faster than normal speed
Rikonstruct: the graphics look really bland, bad and generic
ED: oh wells
Rikonstruct: i suppose that should get better on release tho
ED: kinda
ED: Either that
ED: or we'll just ignore it
ED: TBH
ED: its a small independant company
Rikonstruct: WoW graphics and the way they do things is actually one of my fave things
Rikonstruct: yeh
ED: I wouldnt be surprised in the least if they dropped off the face of the planet due to fundin'
ED: oh, totally
Rikonstruct: i like the pve boss encounters section i'm just readin'
Rikonstruct: KILL ILLIDAN AND HE'S GONE
Rikonstruct: HUZZAH
ED: an example that keeps popping up on the forums is
ED: find a Dragon
ED: (hard to do)
ED: Kill it
ED: (Harder to do)
ED: and get a title - Dragonslayer!
ED: (Whoop-dee-doo!)
Rikonstruct: hopefully a GM will take over the dragon and RP it at us'
Rikonstruct: i would want that job SO bad
ED: theres also something about gods
ED: like you can pray to gods
ED: and
ED: gm's might pay attention and do what you ask
ED: or not
Rikonstruct: haha
Rikonstruct: that is a great idea
ED: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/1...tml#post226568
Rikonstruct: it sorta seems that they took classes out of the game
Rikonstruct: and just made your weapon decide how you would play your char
Rikonstruct: which isn't a bad idea
ED: a little
ED: they let your primary attributes control your character
ED: cause there is / might be magix
Rikonstruct: i wonder how they would impliment magic into that combat system
ED: they talk about it
ED: Either its gonna be 100% hit, lock onto target
ED: (oh, on the forums)
ED: counter spells/ spells kinda stuff
ED: or
ED: like archin'
Rikonstruct: i'm signin' up fer da beta
Rikonstruct: with my terrible beta luck who knows though
Rikonstruct: I got rejected for the Hello Kitty MMO beta =(
ED:
ED: beta wont be for a while
Rikonstruct: meh
ED: did you sign up for the SC2 beta?
Rikonstruct: i didn't
Rikonstruct: not azn enough
ED: pshh
ED: hhsp
Rikonstruct: a possible problem with mortal is that it seems most of the content is player driven so it's much less a time sink that WoW, which is good in the sense you aren't just spending mindless hours grinding away, but bad in the sense that i don't want to have to wait for people to show up to do something productive
Rikonstruct: guess i could craft and explore a lot
ED: the biggest problem is its greatest virtue
ED: its a sandbox
ED: where as they (perhaps appropriatly) call wow a "Theme Park"
ED: in a sandbox, you pretty much have to make your own fun
ED: but in a theme park, theres plenty of stuff that other people set up to have you do
ED: ride rides
ED: look at stuff
ED: TBH
ED: we really dont know what the skill system looks like yet
Rikonstruct: tru
ED: or the crafting system to a super large extent
ED: still, your point is very valid
Rikonstruct: i can imagine actually having a good time in it when grouped up with friends
Rikonstruct: a rly good time
Rikonstruct: ganking hobos and whatnuts
ED: gankin hobos
ED: the world is very large
ED: we could just strike out in a direction
ED: pick flowers, record animals, get metal, craft stuff
ED: while still going in that direction in our crusade
ED: killing stuff on the way
ED: getting stuff to sell
Rikonstruct: a crusade across the continent
ED: could do that off and on for a week
ED: then head back
ED: as there isn't a hearthstone or nothing
ED: back to town to sell stuff and crafte
Rikonstruct: or
Rikonstruct: we could set up our own warrior villiage
ED: I guess, Expidition is more appropriate
Rikonstruct: and only let people with really ugly characters build houses there
Rikonstruct: and kill everyone else
Rikonstruct: and once we have a villiage of extremely ugly people
Rikonstruct: head off and ransack the nearest city
ED: yeps
ED: though
ED: if we murder too much, we might be unwelcome in the larger towns
Rikonstruct: only if we murder innocent npcs
Rikonstruct: i think
ED: dunno how it will work
ED: pretty sure the game is like
ED: 2 years from being done
Rikonstruct: Races in Mortal Online are not static, and all races within a species will be able to interbreed, giving you the option to choose your ancestry and heritage in detail. We will only focus on the human family in the first phase, with the option to blood-mix between them. Kallardian mother and Tindremic/Sidoian father? Orcish father and Khurite mother? Both visual appearance and attribute caps will be dependent on the mix.
Rikonstruct: Everyone will be so deliciously ugly
ED: not to mention the game isnt that pretty
ED: I hate that Uncanny valley realism chit
Rikonstruct: where things look good enough to emphasize them not being realistic?
ED: or
ED: or when they try enough
ED: to make them look unrealistic and unfriendly
Rikonstruct: First Final Fantasy movie raped my mind like that
Rikonstruct: HUMANS DON'T RUN LIKE THAT
Rikonstruct: FF
ED: I dont remember thinking that when I saw the movie
ED: but
ED: EVERYONE ELSE SEEMS TO HAV
Rikonstruct: they bring up a good point on the forums
Rikonstruct: With full loot why not just run around mostly naked?
ED: mm
ED: how will you defend yourself if you're naked?
Rikonstruct: Run away like a little girl
ED: if you're gonna run anyway, why not wear gear
Rikonstruct: tru nuf
Rikonstruct: though i have a feeling my character will be naked all the time except for PvP because running around as a naked black man is appealing to me
ED: You running around as a naked black man is appealing to me too
Rikonstruct: Don't give me sandbox games, or i'll be naked and black
ED: Full loot isnt just what you're wearing, I think
ED: it's also what you have in your bags
ED: so
ED: if you run out of town naked, you're gonna BE naked
Rikonstruct: leave your stuff at your house=x
ED: plus, I think for the most part
ED: I'll be running around with a possee
ED: so
ED: if I fall in combat, one of them can pick up and hold my gers for me
Rikonstruct: not too much danger of losin' your stuff
ED: or I can just replace it
ED: since nothing is rare
Rikonstruct: or alternatively
ED: rare-ish
Rikonstruct: just get so good in game that your rarely die
ED: though, even the mightiest warrior may fall in battle to chance
ED: or may fall to chance in battle
ED: whichever sound smexier
Rikonstruct: he isn't really scary in homeward bound
ED: parkinsons dog'll prolly scratch you if you try to hold him
ED: though
Rikonstruct: that could be tough

Last edited by Grandiagod; 05-13-2009 at 06:58 AM..
Grandiagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:08 AM   #2
Kyaan Kyo
FFR Player

Default Re: Mortal Online

Um...okay? xD Too lazy to read it all.

Kyaan Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

• Free-for-all PvP - There are no areas in Mortal Online where you cannot freely attack anyone you please. However, within city limits players will be protected by NPC guards, so although you may certainly attack others within cities, doing so would not be wise. Approximately 90% of the world will be completely lawless.[5]
  • Real-time combat that relies on your skills as a player combined with the skills of your character. Attacks must be aimed, which means they can also be blocked, dodged, or parried.[6]
  • Skill based progression system, rather than a level and class based system. A vast library of skills will allow players to create their characters to fit their playstyle. In addition, skills can be changed at any point in time. More information on skills below.[3]
  • No levels means that end-game content starts from day one, so you will never be restricted from attempting anything you want because you haven't attained the required level. There will be relatively no grind as character skills will progress relatively quickly, meaning you can join the action without spending months reaching the highest level.[5]
  • No classes in the traditional sense.[5] Players will be able to choose which skills to train instead of choosing a class at the beginning of the game. However, players will be allowed to join NPC guilds (some of which are reserved for veteran players), provided they meet certain attribute and/or skill prerequisites. Joining one of these guilds will reward players with a class bonus, and because skills can be changed at any time, players can change or leave NPC guilds at any time, but doing so will remove the associated class bonus for that guild.[3]
  • Full loot - Upon death, your corpse will be fully lootable. In order to retrieve your items, you must return to your corpse after resurrecting and loot your own corpse, provided no one else has done so already. However, looting innocent players will temporarily flag you as a criminal.[5][7]
  • First-person perspective for both ranged and melee combat. [8]
  • Next-generation graphics that relies on Grome, Speedtree, and the Unreal Engine 3 by Epic Games.[7][9]
  • Non-instanced gameworld where you will always be able to follow any player everywhere as long as there are no natural obstacles (locked door, a cave-in etc).[10]
  • Mounted combat, both ranged, magic and melee, where your speed influences the damage your attacks inflict, and the faster you're riding, the more difficult it becomes to change direction.[10] Mounts can be bought or tamed, and they won't jump out of your pocket or disappear into thin air. All mounts must be stabled to keep them safe, otherwise they can be stolen, killed, and eaten.[11][12] In addition, mounts may take damage or be killed while riding them. Finally, mounts will not be race specific, although some mounts may have a weigh limit which might restrict larger races from using them.[8]
  • Realistic creature loot where a dragon will never drop a sword or a rabbit will never drop money. However, powerful items can be crafted using items that are removed from these creatures (ex: dragon scales may be used to craft superior quality armor).[11]
  • Epic quests and creatures with truly unique rewards, that will require a large group of adventurers to defeat. Unlike in most MMOs, however, once these epic creatures are killed, they don't come back.[13]
  • No floating names above characters' heads, combined with first-person view gameplay means that players can use their surrounding environment or camouflaged clothing to prevent being detected, which creates realistic stealth that will be an important part of gameplay.[11]
  • Player housing system that allows you to build or purchase your very own house.[5]

Oh hey bumping this thread. Are any of you guys actually going to play?

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Solid Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2009, 06:52 PM   #4
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Dreams View Post
  • Free-for-all PvP - There are no areas in Mortal Online where you cannot freely attack anyone you please. However, within city limits players will be protected by NPC guards, so although you may certainly attack others within cities, doing so would not be wise. Approximately 90% of the world will be completely lawless.[5]
  • Real-time combat that relies on your skills as a player combined with the skills of your character. Attacks must be aimed, which means they can also be blocked, dodged, or parried.[6]
  • Skill based progression system, rather than a level and class based system. A vast library of skills will allow players to create their characters to fit their playstyle. In addition, skills can be changed at any point in time. More information on skills below.[3]
  • No levels means that end-game content starts from day one, so you will never be restricted from attempting anything you want because you haven't attained the required level. There will be relatively no grind as character skills will progress relatively quickly, meaning you can join the action without spending months reaching the highest level.[5]
  • No classes in the traditional sense.[5] Players will be able to choose which skills to train instead of choosing a class at the beginning of the game. However, players will be allowed to join NPC guilds (some of which are reserved for veteran players), provided they meet certain attribute and/or skill prerequisites. Joining one of these guilds will reward players with a class bonus, and because skills can be changed at any time, players can change or leave NPC guilds at any time, but doing so will remove the associated class bonus for that guild.[3]
  • Full loot - Upon death, your corpse will be fully lootable. In order to retrieve your items, you must return to your corpse after resurrecting and loot your own corpse, provided no one else has done so already. However, looting innocent players will temporarily flag you as a criminal.[5][7]
  • First-person perspective for both ranged and melee combat. [8]
  • Next-generation graphics that relies on Grome, Speedtree, and the Unreal Engine 3 by Epic Games.[7][9]
  • Non-instanced gameworld where you will always be able to follow any player everywhere as long as there are no natural obstacles (locked door, a cave-in etc).[10]
  • Mounted combat, both ranged, magic and melee, where your speed influences the damage your attacks inflict, and the faster you're riding, the more difficult it becomes to change direction.[10] Mounts can be bought or tamed, and they won't jump out of your pocket or disappear into thin air. All mounts must be stabled to keep them safe, otherwise they can be stolen, killed, and eaten.[11][12] In addition, mounts may take damage or be killed while riding them. Finally, mounts will not be race specific, although some mounts may have a weigh limit which might restrict larger races from using them.[8]
  • Realistic creature loot where a dragon will never drop a sword or a rabbit will never drop money. However, powerful items can be crafted using items that are removed from these creatures (ex: dragon scales may be used to craft superior quality armor).[11]
  • Epic quests and creatures with truly unique rewards, that will require a large group of adventurers to defeat. Unlike in most MMOs, however, once these epic creatures are killed, they don't come back.[13]
  • No floating names above characters' heads, combined with first-person view gameplay means that players can use their surrounding environment or camouflaged clothing to prevent being detected, which creates realistic stealth that will be an important part of gameplay.[11]
  • Player housing system that allows you to build or purchase your very own house.[5]

Oh hey bumping this thread. Are any of you guys actually going to play?
Oh wow..!
If all of what they say actually is true.. I guess we could look forward to this game

But one bad thing is.. free for all PVP and lootable corpses?
Wouldn't this discourage a lot of players from playing?
They might lose all their hard work in the blink of an eye :/
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2009, 07:01 PM   #5
tofurox
Them arrows.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to tofurox

I was looking at this a month or so ago. I might buy it.... But what can a semi-broke-parental-controled-teenager do....

"Oh you have SAT's comming up soon, you shouldn't play MMO's, school is the most important thing now...."

This sig has been enhanced by the FFR Staff for being too large. Thank you for participating.
tofurox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2009, 07:20 PM   #6
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurox View Post
I was looking at this a month or so ago. I might buy it.... But what can a semi-broke-parental-controled-teenager do....

"Oh you have SAT's comming up soon, you shouldn't play MMO's, school is the most important thing now...."
Ahh SATs..
As an Asian, I suffered that..
Don't worry, just get a 2300+ on the October one
800Math,750+Writing,750+Reading

For writing, get like -2 on multiple choice and get a 10+ on the essay
For reading, get -3~-5 at most.

I took my SAT I in October of Sophomore year and got 2310
So you should be fine
Don't worry
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote