Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2009, 07:00 PM   #161
StringsnKeys
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: What's with the hostility towards Christians?

he wasn't necessarily arrested for speaking his mind. He may have been being abusive, physical, or violent. He may have been giving the police officers a hard time. He may have been drunk. Maybe there was a warrant out for prior incidents. Maybe he was touching little boys. I know you're going to say, "he wouldn't do that" cuz he's a christian and all, but to be fair, he wouldn't have told you if he had.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:05 PM   #162
Megamanmaniac
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringsnKeys View Post
he wasn't necessarily arrested for speaking his mind. He may have been being abusive, physical, or violent. He may have been giving the police officers a hard time. He may have been drunk. Maybe there was a warrant out for prior incidents. Maybe he was touching little boys. I know you're going to say, "he wouldn't do that" cuz he's a christian and all, but to be fair, he wouldn't have told you if he had.
He didnt do all those things becuase our whole church was there when he got arrested every time. We support our pastor and he hasnt done anything wrong. We have taped all he times he was arrested and stuff. He wouldnt and didnt do anything to harm anyone or whatever you think it might have done. You dont know my pastor. He is known world wide from being on CNN and other news broadcasts.

We even have proof of a police officer being aggresive with our pastor and not the other way around. We video taped a officer hitting our pastor in the face.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:13 PM   #163
Andrew Mitchell
Banned
FFR Veteran

people are hostile to christians because they got indoctrined by thier atheist teachers and atheist textbooks
Andrew Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #164
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamanmaniac View Post
He has the freedom of speech according to the 1st Ammendment which our church excersizes that freedom as much as we can.
According to you, your pastor over-exercised it.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #165
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
The truth is the truth no matter what you believe the truth is.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
It's so painful to read megamanmaniac's posts. Makes me want to kill myself at the thought that people are that blind. Thought this was the 21st century.
Hm, yes. I think it's interesting how when he sees a problem he can't solve he decides he will answer it when he is a stronger Christian (read: more brainwashed), rather than realizing now that there are inconsistencies in his faith.

Incidentally, a question about Jesus, because I'm curious about this. How do you know (i.e. why do you believe) he is the son of God and not just some random person who claimed he was getting orders from God? I mean, you know he's in the Bible and all that, but remember that the New Testament was written decades after Jesus's death - if you were living in the time Jesus was alive you would not have that to go by. Do you believe he's the son of God without any justification, or is he somehow different from the other prophets of that time period?

Last edited by qqwref; 04-30-2009 at 07:17 PM..
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:15 PM   #166
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamanmaniac
So basically its like if someone doesnt believe in trucks and there on a crossing a road and a truck is coming, there gonna get hit by the truck if they stay on the road even if they dont believe in trucks. The truth is the truth no matter what you believe the truth is. Same as if you dont believe in God, but judgement day will come, then what are you gonna do? Your not gonna get a free pass to heaven but you will end up goig to hell and that is not what I want to happen to everyone.
Your analogy misses a key point: You can give us evidence to show us that the truck is there. You cannot give us evidence to show us that God is there.

Quote:
That is all I have to say right now. I cant think of what to say back to all of this becuase like I said I am not that strong in my Christian faith yet but it will build and I will come up with an answer. If I had my pastor with me or my Dad then they would be able to answer becuase they are VERY strong Christians.
Just because they -really- believe in their faith doesn't mean they will be any better than you at trying to communicate why others should believe. But please, I'd actually quite like your pastor or father to join in the discussion.

Quote:
My pastor has been arrested more then 3 times for witnessing and handing out tracks on the "public sidewalk" and has been helping our church go out into the public to witness to people.
Harrassment is one of the reasons why many people are so hostile towards christians. Make it known that if we have any questions or want to talk about it, you will be glad to listen and try to answer them. Hovering around shoving "tracks" (It's Tracts, by the way ) in people's faces telling them that they need to repent or burn doesn't endear you to anybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringsnKeys
That is the best you can do. So let's just change Rene Descartes's saying to, "I think, therefore I am, I think"
I'm sorry, but that's not correct. The correct extenstion of Cogito Ergo Sum is "I think, therefore I am, your mileage may vary"

Descartes states explicitly that for a given thinking thing, the only thinking thing that can know it exists is itself. He says "I, Rene Descartes know I exist because I am thinking" and if you said "But Rene, I know -I- exist because -I'm- thinking, but -YOU- might just be a clever illusion" he'd say "Yes, exactly! Also, why are you contradicting me? Aren't you just an illusion yourself?"

Quote:
None of you can "prove" that there is no God. None of you can "prove" that there is. Yet strangely, there will be hundreds more posts from those of you who think you can "prove" yourself to one another.
Don't put the word prove in quotations when you actually mean the word in its literal sense. We put words in hanging quotes to show that we are using the word ironically or sarcastically. You're saying "None of you can prove there is no God" which is correct, and "None of you can prove that there is" which is also correct. But as an objection, it fails because none of us are saying we -can- at least none of us with brains in our heads.

We're talking in terms of liklihoods, evidence and burdens of proof. If anybody anywhere at anytime could have actually -proven- the existance or nonexistance of God, there'd be nothing to discuss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamanmaniac
He doesnt go into the Abortion Clinic inside the building and witness there but he witnesses where he is allowed to witness and it was not right that he was arrested for that.
He went into private property, and presumably would not leave when asked to leave. That means he was -trespassing- which is illegal. It is absolutely right and correct that he be arrested for trespassing where he wasn't welcome. He also has every right to stand around out on the sidewalk and say whatever he likes.

Quote:
You dont know my pastor. He is known world wide
Um...right. What is this pastor's name please?
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:16 PM   #167
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
The truth hurts those who hate the truth. That is why some people do not believe in God becuase they will not submit that they have sinned against Him and they will not repent and go the right way..
You are very arrogant. I wish the Christian faith was true, and if it was I would repent. I'm gay, but if I were a Christian, I would probably become a monk as I wouldn't be able to marry or be gay. Thing is Christianity is probably not true, and in my opinion the only reason you believe what you believe is because it's what you've been told by your pastor and father, however if they were Hindu I'm pretty sure that's what you would be right now.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:26 PM   #168
Megamanmaniac
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Just because they -really- believe in their faith doesn't mean they will be any better than you at trying to communicate why others should believe. But please, I'd actually quite like your pastor or father to join in the discussion.

Um...right. What is this pastor's name please?
My Dad wouldnt be able to help me right now becuase he is over in Afganistan right now for the National Guard.

My pastors name is Mark Holick. Only people who have seen him on the news or read about him online or gone to our churches website would now him but we get letters from people around the world all the time. It could be an encouragement letter to a hate letter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
You are very arrogant. I wish the Christian faith was true, and if it was I would repent. I'm gay, but if I were a Christian, I would probably become a monk as I wouldn't be able to marry or be gay. Thing is Christianity is probably not true, and in my opinion the only reason you believe what you believe is because it's what you've been told by your pastor and father, however if they were Hindu I'm pretty sure that's what you would be right now.
Well when I am on my own I am able to choose what religion I want and I would not pick something that suites me just becuase I want it. I am gonna choose whats right. There is no proof against Christianity so you can not say its false but you cant say its completely true. There are also fasle Christians that are bad examples for Chrisianity.

Last edited by devonin; 04-30-2009 at 07:41 PM..
Megamanmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:33 PM   #169
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

First Google search of Mark Holick:

http://aidanmaconachyblog.blogspot.c...gn-pastor.html
Old 04-30-2009, 07:40 PM   #170
Andrew Mitchell
Banned
FFR Veteran

wow what a nut job.
Andrew Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #171
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFD View Post
First Google search of Mark Holick:

http://aidanmaconachyblog.blogspot.c...gn-pastor.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Holick
“The main point of the marquee is to cause Christians to understand he's not a Christian. They call and tell me he’s not a Muslim he's a Christian. That's not the point. The point is he's not a Christian.”
On second thought, I don't want him to post in this discussion. I'd hate to have to ban a pastor for violating the basic rules of logic and reasoning.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:50 PM   #172
speeddemon
FFR Player

That right there. The ignorance. The entire reason I cannot and will not ever be a Christian. If your pastor honestly believes that Obama being President is a sin because he's Muslim, then your pastor is one of the dumbest people I've heard of. It's just as bad as being a racist. There isn't any way to justify that sort of thing. Before i just didn't like Christians for pushing their faith. Now this will be my main reason. Congratulations, you've undermined the spreading of your faith.
speeddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #173
Draigun
om nom nom nom.
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Draigun Send a message via MSN to Draigun Send a message via Skype™ to Draigun

hahaha, this guy is just one step under Fred Phelps. I'm sorry that you choose to follow this guy, megamanmaniac.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:08 PM   #174
Megamanmaniac
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I dont care if you all hate me becuase that means that I am doing the right thing. I cant please the world and God at the same time. Jesus was hated by the world and so are Christians. There is no one to please both.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:13 PM   #175
speeddemon
FFR Player

Quote:
I dont care if you all hate me becuase that means that I am doing the right thing. I cant please the world and God at the same time. Jesus was hated by the world and so are Christians. There is no one to please both.
Sorry, but you're doing the right thing by turning people away from the supposed right path? I'm not following your train of thought.
speeddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:16 PM   #176
Megamanmaniac
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddemon View Post
Sorry, but you're doing the right thing by turning people away from the supposed right path? I'm not following your train of thought.
If I cant turn people to the right path then I have atleast tried and planted a seed of hope that that person might rethink and learn about Christ. I am not the person to come to and ask all the questions. I still am learning. I am done for now. I am tired of hearing people saying pointless words about me becuase they have nothing better to say.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:20 PM   #177
StringsnKeys
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

That link actually made me laugh so hard you don't even know...what's great about that is that not only is it irrelevant what religion you belong to (if you do), but that your pastor picked out the president, to call a sinner. The United States is not a Christian nation, so what does it matter. Why call out the president? What made me laugh though is he says (not a direct quote) that he doesn't care if Obama is Muslim, that isn't the point. The point is that he isn't Christian. What an idiot. And so are you for following such a bigot.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:24 PM   #178
StringsnKeys
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Megamanmaniac, I'm not suggesting that you're wrong for being a Christian. It's not the path I chose, and if you were to take my advice, I'd suggest you shouldn't be either. Regardless, if you're going to continue being a Christian, I strongly suggest you find another pastor. He sounds far too manipulative to be doing anything good for you, or your father. So, if you'd like to be a Christian, fine, but at least stay away from the bad ones.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:27 PM   #179
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Megamanmaniac, you're no longer welcome in this discussion. You've clearly lost the ability to actually engage with our ideas, and take our points about your ideas as attacking only your ideas and no you personally.

Righteous indignation and complete close-mindedness are not why this discussion exists.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:27 PM   #180
StringsnKeys
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

And judging by your pastor's outspoken views, perhaps you might begin to understand why he's been arrested. I can easily see how there may have been some confrontations outside of your church.