Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2009, 02:33 PM   #21
OrganisM
FFR Player

Default Re: Nintendo DSi

Eh, I bought a DS lite a couple years back and it's kind of neat but it's really gimmicky. The second screen is hardly ever really groundbreaking in terms of gameplay, and the touchscreen is done way better by Apple and there's a lot more innovation touch-wise on the iPod Touch and iPhone.

I won't go on a long rant, but Nintendo's been letting me down for years with gimmicky products (GBA/GCN, eReader, etc) which they supported poorly, and flying in the face of all logic (Iwata in 2004: "Gamers don't want online!") because "we're ****ing Nintendo and you're going to like us because we ****ing said so".

Congrats, they changed media perception by dumbing things down and making them more tactile/intuitive, just like everyone else is doing.

Hopefully they'll have an answer for a fan like me, but all I got recently was a slap in the face with SSBB after spending 13 hours in the freezing cold waiting for a Wii.

Originally Posted by jewpinthethird[link]:
"If you get stung by enough bees you turn into a bee,
because the venom gets into the blood stream which
spreads bee DNA throughout your entire body...
changing your genetic structure into a bee's.

Every year roughly 125 people in America are turned into bees this way."

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:
"Do you basically bukkake-paint your walls every time you jack it?"

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz[link]:
"My pity-sex depreciates at a rate of 5% annually."
OrganisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:08 PM   #22
Hayden_444
FFR Player

i have a ds lite and a wii. The DS is awsome (i got an R4 so that makes it even better)
but the wii need some better games, not some stupid raving rabbits and we ski crap. As for the dsi dont think it will sell as well as the other ds systems they need a brand new handheld system. like a portable n64
Old 02-25-2009, 12:07 AM   #23
StormKlowd61
Is Cold Kitten? T-Force?
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsugomaru View Post
I don't see how the lack of a GBA slot will cause this system to fail. People didn't buy the DS to play GBA games and people didn't buy the DSLite to play GBA games. When the Gameboy Color was still popular, there were plenty of great games that you could play on it. When the Gameboy Advance came out, I still played plenty of GBC games, but I eventually switched to all GBA games. When the DS came out, I still played several GBA games, but that eventually switched to DS games. I still have all three consoles like most people and if I ever wanted to play an older game, I could just use one of my older consoles.

People who buy a DS nowadays aren't going to be looking for GBA games to play on them, they will be looking for DS games to play on them. There are plenty of good DS games out there and because of the new hardware capabilities of the DSi, I have no doubt that a few developers will manage to come up with some brilliant game that works perfectly with that console in specific. There will most definitely be another Pokemon game released where it has extra features if used on the DSi through the improved online capabilities, improved graphics, and although it may be a far stretch, the cameras. This will further motivate people to buy the DSi.

Not only that, I have plenty of friends who were planning to get a DS Lite over a year ago, but after hearing the possibility of another iteration of the DS, they decided to wait until the DSi comes up before they decided to purchase one. Undoubtedly, they are not the only people in the world who has made this decision.

The console has already proven to be a relative success in Japan without any strong hardware support, I see no reason why it wouldn't succeed in America. Buying the console immediately may not make sense to you, it sure doesn't for me. I'd wait until several good DSi exclusives come out before I would start consider getting it. However, just because you don't think it's a good idea to buy it off from the start or you don't think many people would doesn't mean the console is going to fail.

~Tsugomaru

I know not many would play GBA games, I was saying that because without the GBA Port, Guitar Hero On Tour and On Tour: Decades become unplayable on it. And I don't know what your opinion is, but if you think it's just some stupid idea from GH, think again because it is one of the most ingenious and fun games on the DS and yet Nintendo wants to basically make it unplayble on their new system upgrade. If this isn't your opinion, sorry for biting your head off.

Last edited by StormKlowd61; 02-25-2009 at 11:16 AM..
StormKlowd61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:57 AM   #24
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormKlowd61 View Post
I know not many would play GBA games, I was saying that because without the GBA Port, Guitar Hero On Tour and On Tour: Decades become unplayable on it. And I don't know what your opinion is, but if you think it's just some stupid idea from GH, think again because it is one of the most ingenious and fun games on the DS and yet Nintendo wants to basically make it unplayble on their new system upgrade. If this isn;t your opinion, sorry for biting your head off.
You used a semicolon instead of an apostrophe so I can't take you seriously.

It's not like the Lite won't be for sale anymore.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:11 PM   #25
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Guitar Hero sold for .90 million in America while it sold for 0.01 million in Japan. Nintendo, which is based in Japan, designed the DSi and they obviously didn't have that one game in mind when they were designing the console because a great deal of its fan base doesn't even play it.

I never said I thought Guitar Hero for the DS sucked and that's largely because I've never played it before. However, the game wasn't a large enough success to convince Nintendo that the GBA slot needed to stay just for that one game. I focused on the old GBA games because there are several great GBA games that I still play every now and then and that would be more of a motivation to keep the GBA slot than just one game with a peripheral. Besides, just like somebody already mentioned, those who like the game have it and if they have it, they have a console that can play it. I doubt anyone is going to throw away their DS or DS Lite when they get a DSi.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:25 PM   #26
StormKlowd61
Is Cold Kitten? T-Force?
FFR Veteran

I guess. But still. It's like the Game Boy Micro to the Game Boy Advance. Whh come out with something like that when you have 2 perfectly fine systems... then again the DS came out less than a year after the GBM so is this a sign that a new handheld is being made?
StormKlowd61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:56 PM   #27
OniYoshi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to OniYoshi

The dsi is supposed to be released on April 5th

Click here to feed me a Mario!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Level me up!!Or I'll feed you a bagel.
OniYoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:04 AM   #28
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

Which is what it says in the first post.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:20 AM   #29
OniYoshi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to OniYoshi
Wink Re: Nintendo DSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFD View Post
Which is what it says in the first post.
woops.just read that.

Click here to feed me a Mario!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Level me up!!Or I'll feed you a bagel.
OniYoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:24 AM   #30
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganisM View Post
Eh, I bought a DS lite a couple years back and it's kind of neat but it's really gimmicky. The second screen is hardly ever really groundbreaking in terms of gameplay, and the touchscreen is done way better by Apple and there's a lot more innovation touch-wise on the iPod Touch and iPhone.
Firstly, you're comparing a handheld games console with mp3 players and phones. What?

Secondly, what makes the innovation? The technology or the way it's used? If you take a wii remote and use it only to point and click. It's not anything more than a mouse or something. The way it's used is what makes the difference. Same goes for the DS's touch screen.

Thirdly, the way some games mix the top and bottom screens are amazing. There are loads of games where the touch screen and the top screen blend in to each other beautifully. There are some games where the top screen and the bottom screen are just as important as each other.

Fourthly, It's a touch screen. It's the same ****ing thing. The touch screen on mobile phones, mp3 players or DS' are used exactly the same.

You use it to navigate through your phone or MP3 player. You use it to select the payment method at a self checkout. You use it to play hundreds of different games via using the touch screen in numerous ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganisM View Post
Everything else
Wow sounds to me like you're just looking for reasons to be angry. Tell me, what is a "Fan like me"? I'm sure you've already moved to a different console or something where they support "fans like you" anyway. Man, they must of really gotten you upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden_444 View Post
i As for the dsi dont think it will sell as well as the other ds systems they need a brand new handheld system. like a portable n64
Um the DS is a portable N64 more or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromer View Post
Let me rephrase that. The DSi is trying to be the next iPod Touch and not doing a very good job at it. Nintendo should stick to making games and stop trying to copy off of Apple.
Yeah, everyone tried to copy off apple. Apple is the way forward, they win everything right? Regardless of all those people who made these things before apple.

So apple has a handheld games console out with all that media built in too right?

You're a ****ing moron. If they're trying to copy anyone it would be sony's PSP. Even then I can think of how it's still different.
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:27 AM   #31
SethSquall
FFR Player

Oh and I'm bummed about the GBA slot being taken out. It may stop me from getting one. I do still play GBA games. I wouldn't want to have to take a step backwards and carry around my SP as well as a DSi.
Old 03-2-2009, 07:53 AM   #32
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethSquall View Post
Firstly, you're comparing a handheld games console with mp3 players and phones. What?

Secondly, what makes the innovation? The technology or the way it's used? If you take a wii remote and use it only to point and click. It's not anything more than a mouse or something. The way it's used is what makes the difference. Same goes for the DS's touch screen.

Thirdly, the way some games mix the top and bottom screens are amazing. There are loads of games where the touch screen and the top screen blend in to each other beautifully. There are some games where the top screen and the bottom screen are just as important as each other.

Fourthly, It's a touch screen. It's the same ****ing thing. The touch screen on mobile phones, mp3 players or DS' are used exactly the same.

You use it to navigate through your phone or MP3 player. You use it to select the payment method at a self checkout. You use it to play hundreds of different games via using the touch screen in numerous ways.

Wow sounds to me like you're just looking for reasons to be angry. Tell me, what is a "Fan like me"? I'm sure you've already moved to a different console or something where they support "fans like you" anyway. Man, they must of really gotten you upset.

Um the DS is a portable N64 more or less.

Yeah, everyone tried to copy off apple. Apple is the way forward, they win everything right? Regardless of all those people who made these things before apple.

So apple has a handheld games console out with all that media built in too right?

You're a ****ing moron. If they're trying to copy anyone it would be sony's PSP. Even then I can think of how it's still different.
You still miss the whole point ass. The DSi does nothing new that we haven't already seen before. What? A ****ty camera added on and a bigger screen? Whoop de doo. Call me when we get the next handheld.
Old 03-2-2009, 09:12 AM   #33
ooobl.
bevarages for lyfe
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ooobl. Send a message via Skype™ to ooobl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden_444 View Post
a brand new handheld system. like a portable n64
My PSP is a portable N64.
Old 03-2-2009, 11:03 AM   #34
supersonicpwns
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to supersonicpwns Send a message via AIM to supersonicpwns

the DSi is just going to be like the game boy micro. it failed. so the DSi is going to fail.
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
rawr.

supersonicpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2009, 12:54 PM   #35
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

ok wow too many ignorant idiots i can't even fathom this
Old 03-4-2009, 02:41 PM   #36
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

I agree with you. A thread of morons. Of complete and utter idiots. It's confounding me.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-4-2009, 02:52 PM   #37
SethSquall
FFR Player

I almost wanted to reply to most of these idiots. I just had to with the apple fanboys though.

I couldn't believe that they could make it seem like apple had anything to do with this.
Old 03-4-2009, 02:54 PM   #38
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

This thread and the McNugget thread are making me face-palm.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-4-2009, 04:48 PM   #39
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Chromer, believe what you want, but it's not going to change the fact that hundreds of thousands of people will buy the NDSi. That is reason enough for Nintendo to release a new product. No rule is forcing you to buy the NDSi and if you much rather wait for a "new" handheld, then that's your choice.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #40
supersonicpwns
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to supersonicpwns Send a message via AIM to supersonicpwns

wait...what the hell are we talking about that is related to the DSi?

and all of you guys who think that this thread has a bunch of dumbasses on it, screw you.
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
rawr.

supersonicpwns is offline   Reply With Quote