Old 12-27-2004, 05:09 PM   #21
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforcer06164
GAMES
DS: Nintendo's quality titles, Feel the Magic: XY/XX, and so many more to come....
PSP: *cough*
Cough
Quote:
Nintendo's games don't require a memory card, while PSP games do. Isn't that a little, erm, inconvenient? And what was Sony thinking? Using discs in a portable game system? We all saw that was an iffy move from the start....
Inconvenient? Not really...and considering that you can watch movies for free thanks to the fact that it does use "memory cards," it really isnt that big of a deal: http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000980024404/

Also, the PSP hasnt been released in America yet...so there really isnt a point in arguing over what platform is better just yet (by that I mean wait until you actually use the system before coming to your conclusion).
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 07:52 PM   #22
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

I <3 defective products.

I still want to see the list of potential games to be released on the PSP.

~Squeek
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 08:39 PM   #23
IAMTHEEVILBEAN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to IAMTHEEVILBEAN

DS Game List

-Advance Wars DS
-Animal Crossing DS
-Another
-Egg Monster Heros
-Final Fantasy III
-Band Brothers
-Mario Kart DS
-New Mario Platformer
-Pokemon Diamond
-Pokemon Pearl
-Xenosaga
-Baten Kaitos
-Goeman
-One Line Puzzle
-Puyo Pop
-Ninja Gaiden
-Puppy times
-Shin megimi tensai
-Wario Ware
-Harvest Moon
-Yoshi's touch and go
-Viewtiful Joe
-Meteos
-Kirby
-Super Princess Peach
-4 Swords DS
-Jump Superstars
-Castlevania DS
-Nanostray
-Moonlight Fables
-POkemon Dash
-Zookeeper
-Rayman
-Cadecus
-Metroid Prime: Hunters
-Snowboard Kids
-Prince of tennis
-pacpix
-Atari Classics

RUMORED RELEASES

-Perfect Dark DS
-Conker DS

And that is just a list of games that I want, there are many more to come.

http://www.gamesarefun.com/consoles/psp/pspdefect2.mov
IAMTHEEVILBEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 08:45 PM   #24
Musical_Master
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Musical_Master

You want Puppy Times? Anyway, here is a rumor about the revolution's controller since this topic was originally about the revolution.
Quote:
Earlier this week, the respected Japanese business magazine Shuukan Diamond reported in its 2005 Preview Edition that the Nintendo Revolution Controller will not feature a directional pad or A and B buttons.

If the news turns out to be true, Revolution would be the first Nintendo console to not feature a D-Pad and the A/B button combo. Nintendo has long said that it seeks to innovate with new control mechanisms, as evidenced by the inclusion of a touch screen on the Nintendo DS.
Given the focus of setting the A and B buttons on the GameCube controller apart from the now industry standard four-button layout, it will be interesting to see what new setup Nintendo is planning to bring to the table.

According to Shuukan Diamond, the wait will not be long. The magazine reports that Nintendo will debut GameCube's successor at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, May 2005.

None of the magazine's claims were substantiated by Nintendo, but given the publication's track record of accurate business reporting since 1913, we'd be surprised if Diamond's claims turned out to be false.
Source: http://cube.ign.com/articles/575/575714p1.html

Also, Nintendo is suppose to make a big announcement in March regarding the DS. This might mean online play via WIFI or some more, better games.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:37 AM   #25
robyextreme
FFR Player

All there is to know for now

http://cube.ign.com/articles/522/522559p1.html
robyextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 09:38 AM   #26
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

This is long, but read it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cube.ign.com
Nintendo Gyroid
Chance: Plausible
The purpose of an input device on a games machine is to allow the user to control the on-screen action. The holy grail for such a device is remove the "middle man" almost entirely, leaving you feeling as if you are truly a part of the digital world without any complex devices to distract you. And what better way to get closer to this vision than to use completely natural real-world hand gestures?

In the past decade or so, several companies have developed micro-machines that use gyration technology based on the science behind a gyroscope. Let's do a quick refresher to see how that works exactly. The idea behind a gyroscope is that if you spin something really fast then it will have equal amounts of pressure on all sides (virtually) and therefore can stay balanced. So imagine balancing a disc on the middle of your finger. If you were to press down on one of the sides it would surely fall off. However, now imagine that you are spinning this disc at a very high velocity. When you go to apply pressure to one side of the disc, your finger would be virtually drawing a circle almost instantly around the disc. Since the force is not being applied in any one area of the disc more than any other, the disc remains flat. The phenomenon has led us to develop sophisticated sensors that can be used to sense movement and angles. Such technology has been built into things like airplanes, which feature more than 11 of these gyroscopes for their compass and auto-pilot. The important thing to note here is that gyroscopes prove handy in motion sensors because they will face one direction constantly (almost like the needle of a compass).

In September of 2001 Gyration Inc., a leading manufacturer of efficient gyroscope sensors, announced a deal with Nintendo. The details of the deal were straightforward - Nintendo was to invest an undisclosed amount of money into the company in return for the use of the Gyration technology. Some interesting things were said around that time:

"Gyration intends to be the first company to produce game controllers enhanced with gyroscopic motion-sensors, which have a tenfold performance increase over accelerometer tilt sensors and add the ability to sense yaw as well as pitch. A gyro-equipped, motion-sensing controller provides a natural method of game control that draws the player into the game and makes game play more enjoyable. The motion sensor can take the place of a typical thumb pressure pad allowing one-handed game play, or can be integrated into a two-handed controller to add a dimension to game playing not possible with traditional game controllers." - Gyration Inc.

"Unlike accelerometers used by all other motion game manufactures, gyros can track the yaw axis motion that is critical for intuitive game control. Yaw axis tracking allows users to naturally point and move objects left and right much the way screen objects move on their TVS without having to tilt the game controller." -Marc Harris, Gyration Inc.

Essentially the player, by using natural gestures both horizontally and vertically, can interact with the game he/she is playing in a more natural way. However, to do so you would need a completely revolutionary design to compliment the idea. Two such ideas are the "glove" and the "handle." Imagine if you will, a glove not unlike those used in the film Minority Report to control computers. A simple device that would allow for you to move your hand freely while giving extra commands by doing such things as clenching your fist or pointing a finger. Moving your hand through the air could translate to movement of objects on screen. The "handle" on the other hand, would probably more down to earth. It could be like the handle of a light saber with a button on top as well as next to the middle and trigger fingers. It could be held upright like a gun for a bevy of titles and could even be held sideways to simulate holding the top of a steering wheel. The common thread here is that you must be able to move the controller freely in the air while still allowing for some other input commands via buttons, finger movements, etc.
Very interesting. I'm not too confident that it will go over well. A touch screen on the DS is already successful because it was proven to be reliable and functional in PDAs. But gyration... it reminds me of how successful Nintendo was when they went "different" with R.O.B. and Virtual Boy....

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
nforcer06164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:10 AM   #27
vashthestampede0987
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vashthestampede0987

I just have to say this. Nintendo has helped create the world of video games and will help divide and conquer the world of video games..Then soon Nintendo will create the apocolyptic nighmare for playstation and xbox fans and create a beautiful utopia for nintendo fans. and that my friends is the one truth that has prevaild on this case closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I hate myself.

Cheers,

Synthlight
xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me
vashthestampede0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:36 PM   #28
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashthestampede0987
I just have to say this. Nintendo has helped create the world of video games and will help divide and conquer the world of video games..Then soon Nintendo will create the apocolyptic nighmare for playstation and xbox fans and create a beautiful utopia for nintendo fans. and that my friends is the one truth that has prevaild on this case closed.
Come the Nintendo Rapture, we will have the Earth for ourselves.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 11:21 PM   #29
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

1) I love how the thread turned into PSP vs DS. Stay on topic guys.
2) It would seem as thought the PSP doubles as some sort of attack device. O=

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 04:04 PM   #30
robyextreme
FFR Player

IF they decide to make it online they just have to make a SSMB for it since everyones always like Im the best i can beat anyone blah

I need to prove them wrong
robyextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 04:30 PM   #31
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

lol this thread is so retarded

GUESS WHAT GUYS

PSP ISN'T OUT YET

MOST DS GAMES AREN'T OUT YET

IT'S REALLY FUCKING RETARDED TO COMPARE THE TWO

K?

No more godamn PSP vs DS threads, they make my brain itch. Wait until six months after the PSP comes out and has a chance to compete, then you can start bitching.
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 05:41 PM   #32
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

anti, this thread isn't even supposed to be about the DS or the PSP. It's about something completely different, but certain retards decided to fight about it.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 01:31 PM   #33
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

So, anyway.

Gyroscopic technology and the use of a high-frequency blue laser on possibly higher-capacity dual-layer DVDs sounds like a novel idea. I really wish we could get some concept images of this thing.

~Squeek
Old 12-30-2004, 01:40 PM   #34
Musical_Master
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Musical_Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrESqueek
So, anyway.

Gyroscopic technology and the use of a high-frequency blue laser on possibly higher-capacity dual-layer DVDs sounds like a novel idea. I really wish we could get some concept images of this thing.

~Squeek
Probably no information will be release regarding the revolution until E3 2005, if that.

I've heard that Nintendo wants to keep it concealed to prevent competitors from stealing their idea..
Old 12-30-2004, 05:57 PM   #35
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musical_Master
I've heard that Nintendo wants to keep it concealed to prevent competitors from stealing their idea..
Well, they blew the top off their idea when the released their deal with a gyration company. But from what we've seen of Nintendo lately, and what we've heard from Miyamoto and Iwata, that's probably one little idea of several they have for the Revolution.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
nforcer06164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 09:33 PM   #36
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Nobody has a clue as to what kind of software the system will take, what the system will look like, if there will be a hard drive instead of memory cards, what the controllers look like, what the graphical capabilities are, etc.

I think they're doing a good job of keeping things secret.

~Squeek
Old 01-2-2005, 03:30 PM   #37
om3gasniper
FFR Player

okay, ive seen this revolution beta stage testings, and its shape looks just like the triforce (3 triangles, a triangle shape in the mittle)
om3gasniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2005, 04:26 PM   #38
IAMTHEEVILBEAN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to IAMTHEEVILBEAN

Go away.

Nothing is known about the Revolution, therefore, this thread should not exist.
IAMTHEEVILBEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2005, 04:57 PM   #39
vashthestampede0987
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vashthestampede0987

A better title for this thread is: "thoughts on nintendo's new gaming console" or something to that effect. and all of you who are like "OMG LI3K T3H IZ MAKINZ LI3K R3XOLUTON!" and is saying all this shit that is fale can go die a slow painful death by Roy(Fire Emblem) and Link(Legend of Zelda)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I hate myself.

Cheers,

Synthlight
xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me
vashthestampede0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-4-2005, 11:44 AM   #40
buttonkiller
FFR Player

Default Re: RE: Nintendo Revolution