Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2008, 05:46 PM   #81
sonic-fast-fingers
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to sonic-fast-fingers Send a message via MSN to sonic-fast-fingers
Default Re: That's Just Not Right...That's Sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phe0nixblade View Post
Also, people please don't go flaming me because I said I don't like homos.

I know this is a serious thread but this made me lol.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:34 PM   #82
psychopete
Quite electrifying.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychopete

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganisM View Post
You respect bigots.

You're insinuating I'm an ignorant bigot for being tolerant of homosexuality?
Isn't it bigotry to hate someone because they're a bigot, as well? Just saying.
psychopete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 07:23 PM   #83
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

Paradox alert! ^
Old 10-11-2008, 08:40 PM   #84
TheCookieMonster
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosvermin View Post

This also contradicts your whole argument.
I did know something seemed wrong with what I was saying...

but still, no one is sure about this whole thing of "homosexuality" anyways.

I was just proposing a theory... I guess?

EDIT: I don't really like arguments... they have too many loopholes

Last edited by TheCookieMonster; 10-11-2008 at 08:42 PM..
TheCookieMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:38 AM   #85
OrganisM
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrirs Nova View Post
Look, I'm putting in my opinion just like how forums should be.
Without being based remotely in fact? No.

Quote:
Doesn't matter what you think or I think is correct, it's not going to make as big of a difference to the world as you might think.
This collective "world" you speak of is made up of approximately 6.7 billion individuals. We are individuals, and if every individual held themselves to a higher standard, obviously the collective would rise to a higher standard. And that's no excuse to be making a piss poor argument. Don't redirect the discussion.

Quote:
And going around telling people that they are wrong is stupid. I know for a fact that you do NOT know everything there is to know about this world so instead of invalidating everyone's opinions, please respect them and take them into consideration.
I will not respect baseless opinions. If you do not ground it in fact at least somewhat, your opinion is worthless. "I think gay people suck because strawberry jam is sticky!" is not the same as "Homosexuality bothers me personally, and my aversion to it prevents me from accepting it as another person's choice."

Quote:
You're not the only person on this planet good enough to give or express your opinion on the matter.
Didn't say I was. Don't put words in my mouth. There are a few people whose opinions I do respect here, but they don't seem to post very often in these threads. Most of you, to be quite honest (this isn't an insult) make impossible arguments with poor logic with pseudo-fact. I try to refrain from that, but it seems nobody here cares about making a complete argument and instead reverts to "I have an opinion so it must be valid, and there's no such thing as an invalid opinion! WAHH"

Quote:
It is how a person is and as long as being gay does not hurt the individual or anyone else, the matter should just be left alone. (opinion)
So if I'm straight, and my love of a woman hurts me and could hurt her, that's okay, but if I were gay and involved with a man in a situation that could hurt us, then it would be totally wrong?

Originally Posted by jewpinthethird[link]:
"If you get stung by enough bees you turn into a bee,
because the venom gets into the blood stream which
spreads bee DNA throughout your entire body...
changing your genetic structure into a bee's.

Every year roughly 125 people in America are turned into bees this way."

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:
"Do you basically bukkake-paint your walls every time you jack it?"

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz[link]:
"My pity-sex depreciates at a rate of 5% annually."
OrganisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:14 AM   #86
KA0Z R4VR
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
multi-quote that should be left in the CT forums and not in Chit Chat
Alright, I understand your right to define and critique everyone's argument, but the whole issue itself is opinion. Whether there is a gene that causes "gays" to be gay or nurture is to blame, the OP talked about a situation (fact or fiction) and in the end started stating an opinion that branched off into the rights and wrongs of gay relationships and how society should accept, challenge, or deny sexuality. As you said there are about 6.7 billion individuals in the world. Many of which have an opinion on a general subject. And whether or not they have "baseless" opinion (also known as being bias), they are entitled to that opinion. And for you to point out fallacies like you know every logical reasoning is starting to derail this "chit chat" into a "tl;dr" forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageron View Post
Everything is Vistas fault. If your cat dies, it's also Vistas fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [TeRa] View Post
I've come to the assumption that you are either Miley Cyrus yourself being you are not a young kid trying to defend her, or you are indeed Chris Crocker, you related her to Britney Spears...If you took this paragraph seriously, just quit the internet lol
KA0Z R4VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:15 AM   #87
Fenrirs Nova
FFR Player

To OrganisM, I have to wonder why you have to be so critical about every(figuratively speaking) word that I say. If all you can do(again, speaking figuratively) is get so serious about a small discussion on the internet, I would rather not talk(figurative) to you.
By deductive reasoning, I've concluded that you have nothing else to look forward to except arguing on this thread and and trying to make yourself seem superior to everyone else. Please just don't reply to this because I know that all I'm going to read is some bollocks about how ignorant and idiotic I am and how I'm such a "bigot" and maybe some other things but I'm going to guess that they will negative comments/statements(I apologize for the run-on sentence). Listen(figurative) to yourself. Who is the ignorant one here(rhetorical question)? I have to resort to explaining almost everything I say since you love to belittle everyone(figurative) that says anything. If you think/know someone is wrong, do some research for yourself (if you feel so strongly about it) and enlighten him or her. (And my opinions were based on things I learned in simple AP Biology class in high school(which is biology 101 in college) and basic high school psychology. I hoped you would have at least a little knowledge on such fundamental subjects.)

Now... Being gay is against the Bible. The Bible says that gay persons should be stoned(rocks thrown at them). I think that is wrong and immoral. It would be nice if we all were in Stage 6 of Kohlberg's moral development but the world will never be that way. The world is not perfect. Nothing is perfect. So as long as there is something that plainly exists-anything at all- it will be flawed in some way. Humanity is flawed so this kind of argument exists. Homosexuality exists and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Period.

Last edited by Fenrirs Nova; 10-12-2008 at 02:54 AM..
Fenrirs Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:17 AM   #88
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

if my child was a furry i'd kill him coma or no coma
Grandiagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:24 AM   #89
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

It doesn't matter whether you think homosexuality is wrong or not, really. That's a matter of opinion. The important thing is how you act when you think someone is doing something wrong. Telling them you have a problem with it is fine, arguing about it is fine, liking them less is fine... but if you, as a private citizen, try to completely ostracize someone, physically hurt them, or even kill them for doing something that doesn't actually hurt you (other than you being bothered by it), you've done something that is objectively wrong. There's no way to justify seriously hurting someone when they haven't done anything to you. I don't think there's any real difference in killing someone for being homosexual and killing someone for being a smoker or having different political views than you or just being someone you don't like.
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:32 AM   #90
KA0Z R4VR
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
To OrganisM exactly what someone needs to say
And for the last line of the post. It's true. 100%. Exists, can't do much about it, and stop being so critical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageron View Post
Everything is Vistas fault. If your cat dies, it's also Vistas fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [TeRa] View Post
I've come to the assumption that you are either Miley Cyrus yourself being you are not a young kid trying to defend her, or you are indeed Chris Crocker, you related her to Britney Spears...If you took this paragraph seriously, just quit the internet lol
KA0Z R4VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:41 AM   #91
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

You're pushed to being critical when it kills you. Hence the thread.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:29 AM   #92
psychopete
Quite electrifying.
FFR Veteran

OrganisM, the thing is, though, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how baseless it may be. Besides, you not liking bigots due to the fact that they're bigots is bigotry itself.

Now, I'm (of course) all for people being tolerant of us, but then again, there is intolerance in this world, no matter what. We can't do anything to change that.

As for the issue of not feeling anything about the event described in the OP, just because we can't change anything doesn't mean we can't be angry due to them being a despicable human being. It may be wasted anger, but it's natural to be angry at something inhumane.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #93
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

It may be natural, but what exactly are you going to do with that anger? Are you going to go punch a wall because of something that happened that's completely out of your control? The anger is useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #94
csoup1414
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater Tot View Post
If the source of this story was only your friend, I'd say that you should not just take his word for it that her son being gay was her reason for pulling the plug. Try to see if there's another reason for her doing it. I'm sure that although she may not have approved of his sexual orientation, she must have had other motives. I don't think doctors would have allowed her to off him if they said he was going to recover.

If this is really true though, that is the most terrible thing I've heard in a while.
I agree, some things get pretty twisted up when coming from other people, not the source. I experieced it on Friday (ugh, band kids).
Anyway, that is a horrible thing to do only because somebody is gay.
People disgust me >=[
Old 10-12-2008, 11:25 AM   #95
OrganisM
FFR Player

Quote:
By deductive reasoning, I've concluded that you have nothing else to look forward to except arguing on this thread and and trying to make yourself seem superior to everyone else.
Quote:
By deductive reasoning
Quote:
By deductive reasoning
A syllogism:

All cats have hair
Socrates had hair
Therefore Socrates was a cat.

Your inference is incorrect, and I'll actually be the better person in not insinuating how your life must be running. I know, the fact that I don't post about all of what is going in my life must be killing you with suspense. But the fact that I haven't posted about it doesn't necessarily mean nothing is happening. Oh wait, your logic is bulletproof. I rest my case.

PS - There are people whose opinions I do respect. Chief among them is devonin. Same with Jewpin. I also hold respect for Squeek, Mal, TRD, Grandiagod, even Guido with our pleasant exchanges. There are also several others I haven't listed, but I suppose since I haven't begged them for a dongshot in the face, that means I must not value their opinions.

It's funny, you guys talk all about how FFR's forums are going to hell and how nobody is showing up, yet when I try to show interest, you shut me down and say I don't have a life. And don't say it's because of how abrasive I am, or because of anything about me. Most people here act that way to anybody who's not a part of their little "group".

I've got news for you - I own and run a business, take classes online, am in the process of writing a book, I'm learning music production and upgrading my equipment, I'm helping another business with IT matters, and I'm dealing with a messy relationship situation. I'd say that makes my days pretty full. But hey, because I don't advertise it and post whiny threads screaming woe is me, it must not be happening. And if I choose to involve myself in this community, I must have no life. Your inferences are garbage, and this is why I think you're a piece of ****.

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:

Last edited by OrganisM; 10-12-2008 at 10:08 PM..
Old 10-12-2008, 11:37 AM   #96
ieatyourlvllol
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I think this thread has deteriorated because strawberry jam is sticky!
ieatyourlvllol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:56 AM   #97
OrganisM
FFR Player

And by default apparently you cannot be wrong!

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:

Old 10-12-2008, 12:10 PM   #98
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

i like pears so buttsex can give you cancer

Last edited by robertsona; 10-12-2008 at 12:16 PM..
robertsona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:15 PM   #99
Fenrirs Nova
FFR Player

Quote:
I've got news for you - I own and run a business, take classes online, am in the process of writing a book, I'm learning music production and upgrading my equipment, I'm helping another business with IT matters, and I'm dealing with a messy relationship situation. I'd say that makes my days pretty full. But hey, because I don't advertise it and post whiny threads screaming woe is me, it must not be happening. And if I choose to involve myself in this community, I must have no life. Your inferences are garbage, and this is why I think you're a piece of ****.
Well... *sigh* If that's the way you feel, I can't stop you. And once again, since I didn't put a (figurative) on the sentence, you have taken it literally. Nonetheless, my opinion hasn't changed one bit about homosexuality. If you can't change someone's perspective by debate and discussion, your time spent trying has been wasted. You're not very good at arguing, only criticism. Actually very good at criticism(not being sarcastic). But I'm not going to try to change that because it might be a good trait, but also because at my current level of knowledge on psychology, it's impossible. Again, my opinion hasn't changed. But thanks all for the entertaining chat. You especially, OrganisM. ^.^
Old 10-12-2008, 12:18 PM   #100
psychopete
Quite electrifying.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr View Post
It may be natural, but what exactly are you going to do with that anger? Are you going to go punch a wall because of something that happened that's completely out of your control? The anger is useless.
Whoa, who said anything about using that anger for anything? There are points where you just feel angry that something happened, it's not like you have to do anything because of your anger.

Quote:
long post
Wow, we weren't saying you were wrong or acting like your opinion doesn't matter. Your opinion has just as much merit as another person's (EDIT: by that I mean that we're not ignoring your views, not tossing them to the side, you have a right to speak your mind as well). People think the way they think, we can't change that (unless you suddenly gain the ability to manipulate people through the internet, but sorry, that eBay auction ended). People form opinions based on things without a shred of evidence behind it all the time, we can't stop it from happening, despite how stupid it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatyourlvllol View Post
I think this thread has deteriorated because strawberry jam is sticky!
A+ response, would read again.

Last edited by psychopete; 10-12-2008 at 06:54 PM..