Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2004, 02:16 PM   #1
Daekryus
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Daekryus
Default Metroid Hunters

I got a Nintendo Ds for Christmas. The main reason I wanted one was for Metroid:Hunters. Then I read in a magazine that it won't be comin out till next year, and the only remotely cool looking game for the DS out right now is SuperMario64. Ne1 else get a DS for Christmas?
Old 12-23-2004, 02:30 PM   #2
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CypherToorima
Default RE: Metroid Hunters

I don't know because Christmas is in two days.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:33 PM   #3
Daekryus
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Daekryus
Default RE: Metroid Hunters

You gotta learn how to predict the future,or how to carefully unwrap presents and wrap them back.LOL
Old 12-23-2004, 03:15 PM   #4
Musical_Master
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Musical_Master
Default Re: RE: Metroid Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekryus
You gotta learn how to predict the future,or how to carefully unwrap presents and wrap them back.LOL
lol i dun kno bt i tink i g00t 1 4 X-mas

i wan metoidd hntrs 2 lol
Old 12-25-2004, 08:51 PM   #5
IAMTHEEVILBEAN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to IAMTHEEVILBEAN
Default RE: Re: RE: Metroid Hunters

I wasn't that impressed with the demo. I got my DS when it came out, along with Mario. I loved Mario and beat it in 6 days. Now I got Mr Driller which is decent and Feel The Magic Xy/XX which is fantastic.
IAMTHEEVILBEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 09:37 PM   #6
Kenzya
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kenzya

Yeah, all I heard for months was about how Nintendo DS will be the MOST AWESOMEST OMG NO OTHER HANDHELD WILL EVER SELL OR BE BETTER CAUSE NINTENDO D00D.

God I hate all you people.
Kenzya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-4-2005, 11:52 AM   #7
buttonkiller
FFR Player

i do like nintendo ds better but since ps2 is more popular i think the psp will sell better, but nintendo is known for making good handhelds so hmmm

anyways back to the topic, yeah its a cool game even though its a demo
buttonkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-4-2005, 01:14 PM   #8
Musical_Master
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Musical_Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttonkiller
i do like nintendo ds better but since ps2 is more popular i think the psp will sell better, but nintendo is known for making good handhelds so hmmm

News flash, DS is selling better than the PSP in Japan.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:32 PM   #9
deltro300111
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to deltro300111 Send a message via MSN to deltro300111 Send a message via Yahoo to deltro300111

Dude, if I wanted to play DVD menus with nice graphics, I would, but I want to be involved for 30-45 minutes, and then be able to set it down for a week, come back and feel right at home. BTW: DS > PSP just as DC >PS2 so stfu.

http://dcemulation.com

I dunno, if this is the best time to say this, but I am going to attempt to port Q3, and Half-Life to DS once someone dumps some more cartridges and I have a chance to peek at the code.

Seriously FPS's on DS... it's just a perfect mix.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:44 PM   #10
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musical_Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttonkiller

News flash, DS is selling better than the PSP in Japan.
You realize, of course, that Sony anticipated this? The PSP was designed as an American system with American games, from the ground up. Several developers, including ones developing the anticipated FPS "Coded Arms," admitted that they, "honestly don't think it will do that well in Japan."
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:38 AM   #11
themanwithsauce
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to themanwithsauce

yes, psp will do well here but sony will suffer when they try to sell it worldwide to get more sales and they realize that making a system just for one country won't sell too good outside that country. This is what happened to the X-box. It did very well here but it fell flat on its face outside of the U.S. compared to the PS2 and the gamecube outsold it everywhere else but here. And with the DS getting the early sales boost (already 2 million have been sold) the PSP will lose in sales. In a business sense, sales are all that matters. Just look at the dreamcast.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:21 PM   #12
-Default-
FFR Player

Here are my thoughts about the Metroid demo that comes bundled with the DS.

Gameplay
Metroid Hunters is divided into three main games; Regulator, Survivor, and Morph Ball.

Regulator: Regulator is like the main "mission mode" of Metroid Hunters. It features many different rooms filled with enemies. One downside about this mission(infact all of the missions) is that there are only two main types of enemies; mocktroids and metroids. Mocktroids, as all you Metroid fans know, are harmless "clones" of metroids. Mocktroids cannot do any damage to you, unless you run into them. Metroids, on the other hand, latch on to your face and suck out your life. This can get frusterating if you don't know how to get them off. Anyway, after you have completed all the rooms, ranging from morph ball puzzles, to hallways filled with spiked creatures, you get to fight a boss. The boss is basically a dark Samus and is very fun. It gives a preview of what to expect in multiplayer.

Survivor: Survivor is a mode when you are in a area with mocktroids and metroids and you try and kill as many as you can without dieing. At first, it is very easy, but as you get more kills, more and more metroids start appearing, and less and less mocktroids appear; thus making it harder. This is fun to play anytime, especially when you have time to burn.

Morph Ball Mode: This is a mode where you race through a course(in morph-ball mode of course) while collecting morph ball modules. The object of this mode is to get all of the modules without missing any, and get the best time. This can be hard at first, but it gets easier over time. Especially when you get the hang of the stylus control.

Graphics
The graphics in Metroid Prime: Hunters are very impressive, considering it is on a handheld system. The animations are smooth, and the lighting/textures are wonderful.

Overview

I found Metroid Prime: Hunters to be very entertaining and I am really looking foward to the final version. The only complaint I have is the lack of diversity in enemies. You get tired of shooting harmless mocktroids after a while. Hopefully the will fix some of the problems in the final version.

My score: 8/10

This concludes my mini-review!

P.S. This is my first post on this forum and I hope it is a good one. Expect to see me posting alot more in the General Video Games forum.

-Default-
-Default- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 12:26 PM   #13
buttonkiller
FFR Player

when is psp coming out anyways
buttonkiller is offline   Reply With Quote