Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2004, 02:04 AM   #41
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Honestly, though, where is the stupidity or ignorance in that film? So what if these people have radical views? I hardly think anyone (especially people of their stature) actually thinks that Canadians live in igloos or anything of the like, so I don't agree that they're misinformed or ignorant or anything like that. They just have extreme opinions of the matter, but there's nothing wrong with that.

On that note, why does Jam know nothing? So she doesn't like the things she listed, big deal. I think less racial diversity is preferable, but agree that Canada's health care system is horrible. Does that make me stupid to you because I agreed with her? Am I stupid to her because I disagreed with her?

I don't see where intelligence figures into this, only radical opinions, which are just opinions.

Also, I think it's awesome that America CAN piss off the entire world (not like we did, though) and be fine. Just because a country doesn't start shit or have shit started with them doesn't make it cool or better in any way.

And jewpin, there's nothing wrong with being a gun toter, pickup driver, God fearer, or a cowboy. I'll give you inbred, and I guess minority hater, but all the rest are cool.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 02:23 AM   #42
Nima
FFR Player

LOL I don't know a single person who has ever gone or talked about dog sledding. Wow they are dumb. Ie. They vote for Bush.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:29 AM   #43
Braydz
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Braydz

This is coming from the same people that believed us Aussies had kangaroos in our backyards. Phhhhht.
Braydz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 05:32 AM   #44
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Hay guyz les go to new mexico is a desrt and its hto an der r bers al ovr

That's what I was told before I went on a backpacking excursion in New Mexico. It wasn't a desert, it wasn't all too hot, and there were no bears.

Stereotypes exist because people are too lazy to go find out for themselves.

Everybody in the US has a stereotype for Texans. Does Guido fall into that stereotype? Does at least HALF the population of Texas fall into that stereotype? No, not at all.

Apparently there's one for Virginia as well. Everybody thinks Virginia is a southern state that flies the Confederate flag outside their house. Let me tell you a little something about Northern Virginia. If we haven't already passed Silicon Valley, we'll soon be doing so. Thinkgeek.com was FOUNDED here. That's how awesome Northern Virginia is.

I could go on. Washington state, New York, Florida, you name it. But let's move on to countries.

Canada is not that cold and it is most certainly not dogsleds or igloos. Maybe in the farthest reaches of Canada where one or two people are crazy enough to try to live a life off the land. But trust me, Canada is hardly different from America in its looks. I have indeed gone to Canada and visited three territories.

Mexico...well, the stereotypes about Mexico are right. When I walked in, the ground was just basically old dried-up gum. That's all it was. Everybody was sitting around doing nothing. Maybe I should have gone farther in than Tijuana, but that's really just pushing it.

Other than those two countries, I can't say anything. I have stereotypes thanks to the media about these countries that I would like to break someday. As for the states, I've been to at least 40 of the 50 states. I know what I'm talking about.

~Squeek
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 05:54 AM   #45
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

Quote:
Stereotypes exist because people are too lazy to go find out for themselves.
To be fair, Squeek, most stereotypes usually have a kernel of truth behind them. For instance, take the stereotype that jocks are big, good at sports and stupid. While I know that not every jock is like that, I have yet to meet a jock that's getting better grades than me. Hell, I have yet to meet a jock on the B honor roll. And then they were always leaving early so they could go to hockey games and whatnot. Am I stereotyping? Yes. But I'm also basing that stereotype in personal experience. It's not like me saying, O ALL GAY PPL WER JEWRELYRY N STUF CAUS DER FAGS N DEY ALEL DO DAT which would be stupid and untrue.
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 06:43 AM   #46
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Allow me to reword that, then.

Most stereotypes SPREAD because people are too lazy to find out for themselves.

Better? I included "most" and changed "exist" to "spread".

Also, you're pretty much right on everything there. I was doing stereotypes of locations and forgot stereotypes of individual groups that exist everywhere.

~Squeek
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 08:44 AM   #47
dmleet
FFR Player

Don't like it? THEN LEAVE.

Whiners won't make this country any better.

NOTE: Whining is different from reasoning.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:43 PM   #48
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmleet

NOTE: Whining is different from reasoning.
I can't leave.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 02:18 PM   #49
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:

I am leaving as soon as I can. I can't wait to get out of this crappy country.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:26 PM   #50
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

Well, Dan, it doesn't sound like you're radical against America at all! I mean, take a step back, take a deep breath, and realize you just said most Americans are like those extremely polarized idiots in the video.

You're wrong.

Go back to your igloo... Your horrible igloo of prejudice.

Mal

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 12:47 AM   #51
Jam930
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by xObserveRx
Jam is a stupid #$#ing whore who knows nothing. K thx

Ouch. Name calling. Not even good name calling. That wasn't even related to my statements in away way, nor did it affect the truth of them.

Here is my response.

1. I am not a whore.
2. I know quite a bit more than nothing.

You little punk.

I was trying to be fair but your overly huge Canadian ego got in the way. You just can't take ANY offense can you without your big head popping off and you spinning into a wild, ignorant and stubbon stupor.

People like you are the main reason I don't crave for Canada.

Here's a difference between me and you. ..

I won't let your poor example blind me to the better half of the Canadians the way the people on that show blinded you to our better half.
Old 12-11-2004, 03:32 AM   #52
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to xObserveRx Send a message via MSN to xObserveRx

Hmmm, well, I could argue with facts, but considering that i don't know many facts about you other than well.... nothing. I guess i can take your word with the two things that you just posted.

Anyways.

No, to say canadians don't have a little bit of bitterness towards americans would be wrong, simply because, hell, we do. That's not to say that Americans don't have any bitterness towards canadians, I'd just say that americans tend to have more of an ignorance rather than a bitterness towards canadians.

We're all allowed to be proud of where we live, but let's face it, you can't just listen to the media and everyone around you about where you live, and form a "perfect" idea of how your country is compared to another. You simply have to experience both of these places to get a personal view on the whole picture. If you end up having an honest experience that leads you to believe something as rediculous as these people in the video, well that's fine, at least you've come about the thought in the right way.

Americans definately have a lot more ignorance when it comes to worldly issues. If you look at history class in canadian high schools vs. history in american high schools, you'll see quite a difference. I've talked to americans, many americans actually, who will honestly admit they know nothing about other countries. These people have also admitted to only being taught american history. Some of them even admitted they don't even learn american history, they only learn their own state's history, how sad is that?

Also. To say that we have some pathetic stuff in our country, hell, it's a fair statement. Mind you those are only in your opinion. You also didn't make a list of what's pathetic in the US, and/or any other country in the world, including the one you live in. But to make fun of our flag? come on, that's sad and childish.

Also, to say we'd be useless in war? Haha, I laugh at that. How about you look up war history of canada. Yeah, you'll find some interesting facts. Sure, i'll be the first one to admit that our military isn't the biggest or richest in the world, but we're trained very well, and can accomplish any mission we're given. It may be a suprise to you that most of the trained snipers in action with the US Military are Canadian troops. We are also part of their special forces. That says something about our training. We've fought the US before, and did quite some damage, hell we burned their white house down. That's some fighting spirit.

Also, we actually watch what's going on around the world a hell of a lot more than the US does. After 9/11 and the iraq war began, i've begun to notice that US media likes to show a few more stories from around the world. Most of that being british stuff, but some other stories slip in there now and then. Before 9/11, US media was showing you the best clubs to get your freak on at, and how intelligent your pet can be with a device that translates its barking or meowing.... seriously... that's sad. I know this because i live close enough to the states that my television is mainly american. Out of the 20 or so channels i get on air, 2 of them are canadian, the rest are from michigan. (Btw people, air is meaning just regular antenna, i do have satellite too, in case you were thinking i'm some hick.)

I will take back the comments i made earlier, and will admit i was quite heated and my tongue slipped. But if i'm going to be arguing against people who will just remain as arrogant as the people in that video, i see no point to continue.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:18 AM   #53
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Sigh, I was hoping someone else would do this so that I didn't have to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam930
Canada has pathetic....
health care.
We have public heath care because we believe in equality. Unlike in america where the rich deserve to live and the poor deserve to die, in Canada everyone is given an equl chance of treatment.
living standards.
Living standards are much higher in the US but this means nothing. The average income of the richest 10% of the US is vastly greather than that of the lower Quartile. The U.S. has tremendous income inequality whereas it is more equal in Canada. We also have taxes that help to spread justice among people instead of America where everyone hoards their own pillagings.
racial diversity.
You know nothing of racial diversity. America is nothing but a molding pot for races. It stagnates all culture except american. No matter what race you are coming into America, you are encouraged to be american. In Canada, not only do we have just as many races in our population as the US, but we embrace and support each of their cultures.
educational system.
Again, for a publicly funded education system, Canada does excellent. Our primary education teaches us much more about the world, philosophy, ethics, and peace than any American education system. We also don't get shootouts in our schools.
police force/law enforcement.
You pulled this out of your ass, because Canada has superior law enforcement and policies. IF you think just because you have a higher drinking age, that makes you better law enforcers, I suggest you hide from the next American teenager with a gun in an alleyway. In Canada, things are dealt with, people don't get away with things, same as in the US.
weather, climate.
That is too poor an argument, we have adapted our colture to our weather and climate, it is diverse, and unlike some ignorant american's suggest, we are in the warm just as much as the majority of americans. Don't give me climate bullshit. You are still supject to the dry side of the western mountains and the cold eastern coast. BC is one of the most biodiverse areas in North America.
accents.
I shouldn't even have to comment on this. "Hi, you sound different than me, you're inferior."
clothing, style.
American's dress the exact same as we do. There's nothing an american has worn that a canadian has not also worn. Now you're just getting lazy and putting pointless/made-up/steriotypical crap on your list.
sports, outdoor activities.
Again, just as ignorant a statement as your last two. American's differ hardly at all here, except "who's your cousin" isn't a sport in Canada.
stores, material distribution/availability.
I frankly am proud that we are not as grossly capitalist as the US, despite the fact we have goods everybit as available as you, and some a great deal more diverse. Just because we have different stored prominent in Canada, it doesn't mean we are left out of your concept of an economy.
technology.
This just pisses me right off. Canada and US are dead even for technological advancement contributions. It's Japan that's taking off with that. You have no right to make such a bogus claim.
military/defense.
Yes and we don't need it as much as you because we don't start bullshit wars, we end them peacefully. I'd like to see how many peacekeepers you have trained on your lineup.
entertainment programs.
Oh, so we don't have the same TV shows as you. We must be inferior. I'm going to stop answering these retarded blind finger flailings. Get a life, not everyone is going to submit to your idea of good entertainment.
geography.
I'll agree here, we have terrible geography. We live next to the US.
leaders...
Hahahaha, you're telling me Bush is a better leader than anyone who's ever been in office in Canada? wow... just wow. –_–

I seriously hope you have the decency to keep your shit up your ass where you were pulling if from in the first place.

and oh yeah, a word of advice from your own country
Old 12-11-2004, 05:05 AM   #54
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Y'know, I often think about how Canada's decent, but then I remember that
Quote:
Originally Posted by alainbryden
We have public heath care
and I want to vomit.

Quote:
It stagnates all culture except american. No matter what race you are coming into America, you are encouraged to be american.
Which is why we have official documents in 209857 different languages and allow enormous communities of different nationalities and races to exist without problem? Honestly, where did you get that idea, alain?

Quote:
We also don't get shootouts in our schools.
I HARDLY think that's the fault of the American education system.

Most emphasis on the first paragraph.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 08:10 AM   #55
Jam930
FFR Player

Sigh... I did what he did.

Read through.

health care.
We have public heath care because we believe in equality. Unlike in america where the rich deserve to live and the poor deserve to die, in Canada everyone is given an equl chance of treatment.

-Public health care is almost worthless. It's bad for the economy, it's bad for the people, it's just poor. The government should not take the opportunity for superior, private businesses to provide quality health support.

living standards.
Living standards are much higher in the US but this means nothing. The average income of the richest 10% of the US is vastly greather than that of the lower Quartile. The U.S. has tremendous income inequality whereas it is more equal in Canada. We also have taxes that help to spread justice among people instead of America where everyone hoards their own pillagings.

-America land of opportunity. Some people are lazy and just don't want that much. Some people work a whole lot harder and have a skill people will pay for... so they make more money. Taxes spread justice? hahaha. Taxes should be used to provide basics and essentials to the people. The government should not take peoples' money to compensate for some man's laziness.

racial diversity.
You know nothing of racial diversity. America is nothing but a molding pot for races. It stagnates all culture except american. No matter what race you are coming into America, you are encouraged to be american. In Canada, not only do we have just as many races in our population as the US, but we embrace and support each of their cultures.

-Stagnates culture? If you really loved your culture you would sustain it yourself. Don't move into a place that lacks in Indian culture and then whine about it. Go to Canada instead... oh wait.

educational system.
Again, for a publicly funded education system, Canada does excellent. Ou

r primary education teaches us much more about the world, philosophy, ethics, and peace than any American education system. We also don't get shootouts in our schools.

-You might have a more even education of the world that the United States provides in our lower grades. Once in High School you choose what you wanna learn. You can learn more about the world than all the Canadians put together if you want to. There's a choice.

police force/law enforcement.
You pulled this out of your ass, because Canada has superior law enforcement and policies. IF you think just because you have a higher drinking age, that makes you better law enforcers, I suggest you hide from the next American teenager with a gun in an alleyway. In Canada, things are dealt with, people don't get away with things, same as in the US.

-Same as in the U.S but superior? Explain.

weather, climate.
That is too poor an argument, we have adapted our colture to our weather and climate, it is diverse, and unlike some ignorant american's suggest, we are in the warm just as much as the majority of americans. Don't give me climate bullshit. You are still supject to the dry side of the western mountains and the cold eastern coast. BC is one of the most biodiverse areas in North America.

-I was simply saying that I don't like the weather in Canada which is one of accumulating reasons why people might not go there. I didn't say it made it an inferior country. Just a less comfortable place to live. No cows please.

accents.
I shouldn't even have to comment on this. "Hi, you sound different than me, you're inferior."

-I didn't say that. I think Canadian accents are irritating. Just another of accumulating reasons why it might be less pleasant there.

clothing, style.
American's dress the exact same as we do. There's nothing an american has worn that a canadian has not also worn. Now you're just getting lazy and putting pointless/made-up/steriotypical crap on your list.

-Yeah this one was kinda shakey. I didn't go out and check out tons of Canadian wear before I put this up there. I was thinking maybe if I went to Canada I would have a more limited selection of clothes etc. - Just another of accumulating reasons why it might be less pleasant there.

Again, just as ignorant a statement as your last two. American's differ hardly at all here, except "who's your cousin" isn't a sport in Canada.

-...You think there's as much baseball or basketball in Canada as in the U.S? There's an equal amount of hockey? Etc? It's pretty cold and there's probably not as easy access to all the different fields, but Canada has a great martial arts training thing going on though don't they?

I frankly am proud that we are not as grossly capitalist as the US, despite the fact we have goods everybit as available as you, and some a great deal more diverse. Just because we have different stored prominent in Canada, it doesn't mean we are left out of your concept of an economy.

-More diverse? ...lol I think it's nice how if you need something in the U.S you can probably find and buy it and get it within a very short amount of time.

technology.
This just pisses me right off. Canada and US are dead even for technological advancement contributions. It's Japan that's taking off with that. You have no right to make such a bogus claim.

-Bogus? Remember public health care? That's some weaker technology right there. The U.S is far ahead in most areas of technology. Canada dead even for technological advancement contributions? I hope you're joking. =/.

military/defense.
Yes and we don't need it as much as you because we don't start bullshit wars, we end them peacefully. I'd like to see how many peacekeepers you have trained on your lineup.

-So you agree.

entertainment programs.
Oh, so we don't have the same TV shows as you. We must be inferior. I'm going to stop answering these retarded blind finger flailings. Get a life, not everyone is going to submit to your idea of good entertainment.

-I was speaking... again, as if I were going to move to Canada, this would probably result in added boredom. Of course some people will get by fine with Canadian entertainment. Calm down.

geography.
-I'll agree here, we have terrible geography. We live next to the US.

-Wow. That was funny. L-O-L.

leaders...
Hahahaha, you're telling me Bush is a better leader than anyone who's ever been in office in Canada? wow... just wow. –_–

-Bush isn't that bad. People just like to say he is. Canadian leaders? Well look where Canada is now. They couldn't have been that great. Most Canadians I know say their leader has made some big mistakes and could make some serious changes.

"and oh yeah, a word of advice from your own country"

Posting offensive content.
This includes pornography of any kind, disturbing images (if it makes you want to look away, it's disturbing), really gory stuff, very offensive language, goatse, tubgirl, harlequin fetus, etc. Use common sense and decide if it's something that other people would honestly want to see without going out of their way to find it.

Posting big dumb pictures you didn't make to say stupid things for you. I can't believe you bothered to link to it.

I hope I haven't hurt your feelings.

Just to clarify things... I don't hate you.

Just calm down.

Then cheer up.

=D

"It may be a suprise to you that most of the trained snipers in action with the US Military are Canadian troops."

You're saying that over 50% of the trained snipers in the U.S Military are Canadian troops.

...would you be willing to bet on that? Your source for this?

A surprise for sure.

So I guess Canadians are just naturally better shooters, have better vision and are... biologically just better at sniping.

What are you trying to say?

And guys, let's really calm this down.
Old 12-12-2004, 04:06 AM   #56
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Well clearly you still did not look up any facts, just stuck with your own uninformed and steriotype-influenced views. I don't know why I bothered arguing against you. All of my statements still stand. You clearly have no idea what canada is actually like. And no one cares what you think about our accents, weather, or entertainment. You're opinion does not make canada 'pitiful' in those aspects. And, sure, public heath care suck, if it's your opinion that rich deserve to live while poor people deserve no better than a stray dog that has no one to owner to give it treatment, then it's your own sad morals.

BTW: http://www.english-vancouver.com/can...n-development/
learn something.

*EDIT* Thankyou for making my Blog better: http://www.xanga.com/private/home.aspx
Old 12-12-2004, 04:09 AM   #57
Nima
FFR Player

clearly we have learned a vital lesson from this argument.
1) You can't change some individuals' stuck up, radical, and bias views cause they are too moronic to see both sides of the issue.
2) Dumb blondes never learn.
Old 12-12-2004, 04:18 AM   #58
malithicus
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to malithicus Send a message via MSN to malithicus Send a message via Yahoo to malithicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima
clearly we have learned a vital lesson from this argument.
1) You can't change some individuals' stuck up, radical, and bias views cause they are too moronic to see both sides of the issue.
2) Dumb blondes never learn.
I would like to emphisize on number 2 nima and then point the finger at jam if she looks like that she wouldint even know how to turn on a computer let alone type so decently

I think she looks more like this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (47.8 KB, 79 views)

How many emo kids does to screw in a lightbulb?

none they all sit in the dark crying.
malithicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 07:43 AM   #59
emccky
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to emccky Send a message via MSN to emccky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Quote:

I am leaving as soon as I can. I can't wait to get out of this crappy country.
and where exactly are you going to find a "noncrappy" country? If you say Canada.. It's the exact same as USA, except you get the shit taxed out of you because of all the "free" health shit. The ONLY reasonable country to go to would be Australia. Be a Pimp.
emccky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 08:09 AM   #60
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to xObserveRx Send a message via MSN to xObserveRx

lol mal.

And yeah, it's hard to change an american's mind, i guess we can all agree on that one.

Quote:
educational system.
Again, for a publicly funded education system, Canada does excellent. Ou

r primary education teaches us much more about the world, philosophy, ethics, and peace than any American education system. We also don't get shootouts in our schools.

-You might have a more even education of the world that the United States provides in our lower grades. Once in High School you choose what you wanna learn. You can learn more about the world than all the Canadians put together if you want to. There's a choice
That's such a childish thing to say. More than all of us put together? please. Grow up and actually look at some facts, seriously. It might help you look a bit more intelligent.

Quote:

-More diverse? ...lol I think it's nice how if you need something in the U.S you can probably find and buy it and get it within a very short amount of time.
Yeah, once again, totally misinformed, and basically a stupid response. Living in a border city, i for one would know EXACTLY how selection of goods is around here. Not a day goes by when i don't see countless americans coming to our malls and stores to buy products. Sure, it's obviously because of the money exchange, but if your statement was completely true, meaning we had no selection, why would americans be coming here? to buy antiques? I highly doubt it. They come here because we have the SAME selection, at a better price for them.

Quote:

-...You think there's as much baseball or basketball in Canada as in the U.S? There's an equal amount of hockey? Etc? It's pretty cold and there's probably not as easy access to all the different fields, but Canada has a great martial arts training thing going on though don't they?
Oh, i get it, you're trying to be the lady from that interview? how entertaining. We have less access to baseball fields and basketball courts? Listen blondie, we have just as much sports up here, if not MORE, than the states does. On a national scale? no, we don't. Not even close. But we have just as much minor league stuff as any other country does. I live in a town with less than 6000 people, and it has 2 tennis courts, 9 baseball diamonds, 3 ice rinks, 4 basketball courts, and 3 soccer fields. We have just as much access as you do. Once again, try doing some research.

I suggest you actually sit down and read some information about our country before you attempt to ridicule it again Jam. Honestly, You're making yourself look more and more arrogant and ignorant everytime you post another misinformed opinion. Just spare yourself the humility and read a book or two. Maybe i should pick you up a few at one of the many indian stores around here? yeah, sounds good.