Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2008, 12:58 AM   #1
kid_merkury
I make good music
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Fire Emblem fans, look here

I'm going to japan next week - i'll pick up a copy of the new one for the ds and show it off ^^

otherwise, just talk about anything fire emblem in here.

-Merky
kid_merkury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:04 AM   #2
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Fire Emblem fans, look here

I talk about Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn on my RT.
_
From Random Thought:
I finished the game. It was truly one of the best Fire Emblem game, or at least better than the last, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, which was, also, very good, in my opinion. How each battle was setup (took half an hour to an hour to finish), the variety of characters at your disposal (dragons!), new weapons/items (Gawain's Axe, Ragnell's counter-part sword; the Alondite sword, etc...), the cutscenes which were brief but well done (Ike against the Black Knight [Zelgius]) were things that most players desired from the past game. Most importantly the story itself, how you're not entirely lost at first but as you go through the game the puzzle is formed in ways you would never though of. Truly a remarkable game, worth the purchase and I recommend it to all Fire Emblem lover. I may just take another ~4 days to play it again. It left me that impressed. I cannot wait for a the next, that is, if there will be one.

- EAGAMES
_

Fire Emblem is amazing. My avatar/profile layout gives emphasis on how much I love it.
Round 2: 4 Chord Touhou (AAA)
Round 3: October (1.0.0.1)
Round 4: Silly Symphony (1.0.0.0)
Round 5: Hardkore Atomic (4.0.0.1)
Round 6: Blue Rose (2.0.0.0)
Round 7: La Dump (Eliminated for being lazy.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
EA will wander into his house with twenty minutes remaining in the round, load up FFR, realize he needs to ****, go to do so, discover he's hungry, whip up a gourmet meal, return to FFR with five minutes to go, play la camp once, and missflag on the 2154th arrow because scythe of 13 is watching him

Last edited by EAGAMES; 08-14-2008 at 01:12 AM..
EAGAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 01:26 AM   #3
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGAMES View Post
I talk about Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn on my RT.
_
From Random Thought:
I finished the game. It was truly one of the best Fire Emblem game, or at least better than the last, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, which was, also, very good, in my opinion. How each battle was setup (took half an hour to an hour to finish), the variety of characters at your disposal (dragons!), new weapons/items (Gawain's Axe, Ragnell's counter-part sword; the Alondite sword, etc...), the cutscenes which were brief but well done (Ike against the Black Knight [Zelgius]) were things that most players desired from the past game. Most importantly the story itself, how you're not entirely lost at first but as you go through the game the puzzle is formed in ways you would never though of. Truly a remarkable game, worth the purchase and I recommend it to all Fire Emblem lover. I may just take another ~4 days to play it again. It left me that impressed. I cannot wait for a the next, that is, if there will be one.

- EAGAMES
_

Fire Emblem is amazing. My avatar/profile layout gives emphasis on how much I love it.
i agree with everything you said there, Radiant dawn is indeed my favorite fire emblem, right now i'm in part 2 of hard mode and as expected, is indeed hard XD
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:19 AM   #4
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

I didn't bother to play PoR for a long time until this summer... man, that was a mistake. One of the best FE's I've ever played. I'd say that I like FE7 slightly more though. I'm going to pick up a copy of Radiant Dawn as soon as I can. =D
Fire Emblem isn't very hard, imo. But the games are just so epic. I think that the storylines for every game are really good, and it makes you want to keep playing until you get to the end.
I'm really excited for the new one coming out for the DS. It's a remake of FE1, iirc. Yay, Marth.
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Wineandbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:22 PM   #5
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wineandbread View Post
I didn't bother to play PoR for a long time until this summer... man, that was a mistake. One of the best FE's I've ever played. I'd say that I like FE7 slightly more though. I'm going to pick up a copy of Radiant Dawn as soon as I can. =D
Fire Emblem isn't very hard, imo. But the games are just so epic. I think that the storylines for every game are really good, and it makes you want to keep playing until you get to the end.
I'm really excited for the new one coming out for the DS. It's a remake of FE1, iirc. Yay, Marth.
yes it truly pisses me off that some reviewers gave radiant dawn a bad score for punishing difficulty =_=U a game shouldn't be graded as BAD if they suck at it. (well the only truly frustrating mode is hard, but i doubt they even got there)

and yes i can't wait for that remake either
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:08 PM   #6
IACYCLONE
FFR Player

i loved this game. Really! 9.5 of of 10! Bravo!

The only thing i didn't like is when you put an archer (or any kind of long-range)
Against a heavy armored soldier, and he takes months to walk over to you, then deal hardly any damage at all. Etc.
IACYCLONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:10 PM   #7
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!

Usually archers don't do any damage to heavy armored soldiers. If they do, it's very minimal.

Anywho, Radiant Dawn by far has the best storyline of any FE games.
Quote:
EA will wander into his house with twenty minutes remaining in the round, load up FFR, realize he needs to ****, go to do so, discover he's hungry, whip up a gourmet meal, return to FFR with five minutes to go, play la camp once, and missflag on the 2154th arrow because scythe of 13 is watching him
Old 08-18-2008, 05:13 PM   #8
IACYCLONE
FFR Player

Smile Re: Fire Emblem fans, look here

Not Shinon or Rolf, Everytime i play, i get them to Marksmen ASAP, As soon as Shinon Makes The Silencer for Rolf, I give it Bac to Shinon, B/C He Has a Stronger Attack with it... Then As A Glitch, 2 more show up in the shop, the next battle for cheap mind you, One to Rolf, Then one to storage for when the 2 groups meet up in chapter 4. Then the one in storage goes to Leo, Next to his Lugnasadah!!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 05:19 PM   #9
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!

Obviously because they're marksmen. Aside from the fact that he dodges like every attack, Shinon is really strong. Rolf can lick my butt. Leonardo, too.

Also, I misread your last post so, I thought of something else.
Quote:
Old 08-18-2008, 08:36 PM   #10
IACYCLONE
FFR Player

by the way... have you leveled Haar up to Dragonlord? Dam he rocks! I guess one more thing i don't like... Sothe, who kicks major a** SUX major D*** in the Endgame: Rebirth (1-5). What the hell!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:40 PM   #11
psychopete
Quite electrifying.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychopete

I don't have a Wii, so I haven't played Radiant Dawn. I still need to plug in my Gamecube again and talk to my older brother about letting me borrow Path of Radiance...

As for now, I'm actually playing through Fuuin no Tsurugi. Just because.
psychopete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:53 PM   #12
IACYCLONE
FFR Player

Yo pete, Radiant Dawn was Actually a port from Gamecube. You probably could find a copy on eBay or something.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:33 PM   #13
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!

Haar was my favorite character in the game. He was my #1 most used character, the game told me. xD

While everyone was behind, Haar was already at the end owning waves of enemies. He's so freakin' awesome!

Sothe did suck at the end. It was a shame. So did Renning, Elincia's uncle. I gave him the Alondite sword and he still couldn't take down a white dragon. >_> I was expecting so much more than him.

Oh, did anyone think Seraphim, or w/e his name is, was actually on the bad side? I did not see that comming.

Also, did they kill Ashera in the end? If so, what happens to Yune? I thought she couldn't be without Ashera...
Quote:
Old 08-18-2008, 09:41 PM   #14
psychopete
Quite electrifying.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychopete

Quote:
Originally Posted by IACYCLONE View Post
Yo pete, Radiant Dawn was Actually a port from Gamecube. You probably could find a copy on eBay or something.
I'd rather play it in English, just because. :\ I'll just wait until I can somehow get a Wii.
psychopete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:44 PM   #15
Ice wolf
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I actually thought Radiant Dawn was a little bit of a disappointment. It was way too long and too hard, which made it not very fun (and if a game is not fun, then why are you playing it?). I am still a really big Fire Emblem fan, though. The Blazing Sword is my favorite so far. I think it had the best story and gameplay.

I am looking forward to the voice chat that multiplayer will support in the new Fire Emblem.

P. S. - Haar's a beast.

^Way better than 25thhour's link. You know you want to sign up.

The best noteskin ever: Skittles

Are you having trouble syncing your files? Use DDReamStudio.

Ice wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:59 PM   #16
rebel yell
Soren pwns
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGAMES View Post
Haar was my favorite character in the game. He was my #1 most used character, the game told me. xD

While everyone was behind, Haar was already at the end owning waves of enemies. He's so freakin' awesome!

Sothe did suck at the end. It was a shame. So did Renning, Elincia's uncle. I gave him the Alondite sword and he still couldn't take down a white dragon. >_> I was expecting so much more than him.

Oh, did anyone think Seraphim, or w/e his name is, was actually on the bad side? I did not see that comming.

Also, did they kill Ashera in the end? If so, what happens to Yune? I thought she couldn't be without Ashera...
they didnt kill ashera they simply forced her to fuse with yune by destroying her physical body
rebel yell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:57 AM   #17
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

I got Radiant Dawn yesterday. Pretty kewl, I guess.
It's actually a lot more different than I thought it would be:
- I hate the support system so much now. Can you get multiple supports later on?
- Wtf, magic triangle in a magic triangle. xD
- Looks like they decided to split another class: the knight. Just great...
- I heard from a friend that there are THIRD jobs now. Is that true?
I just finished part I today. Funny thing is, the one level that I had to restart was level 2...
Btw Black Knight and Naliah are overpowered... to the extreme.

P.S. Sephiran's evil? noooooooo

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Old 08-19-2008, 01:04 AM   #18
kid_merkury
I make good music
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

guys, as with any game thread - make sure you warn the readers if you're going to put spoilers lol

and yes, there are 3 classes for some units
kid_merkury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:45 AM   #19
IACYCLONE
FFR Player

Spoilers:

The way I understood it, they did destroy Ashera. Watch the Cutscene from the gallery again if youv'e beaten it. Yune almost leaves the world, but then Ike convinces her to try one more time, However I think rebelyell was on to something, because "when ashera sleeps, Yune sleeps, when Ashera wakes, I wake" -Yune Ch3.Endgame
Since Yune didn't die when Ashera did, I have a feeling in Mr.Sequel over there that we aren't through with Ashera yet.

As far as Sephiran/Lehran, the first playthrough, yes, SHOCK, but second time, without doing anything different, Sephiran joined me vs. Ashera...... CheatCC told me it was normal so everything is fine.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:25 AM   #20
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

I don't really care too much about the spoilers, but others might. o_o
I'm certainly enjoying the story so far. I'm having a bad vibe about the Black Knight.