Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2008, 03:22 PM   #1
AeonShadow

Send a message via AIM to AeonShadow Send a message via MSN to AeonShadow Send a message via Yahoo to AeonShadow Send a message via Skype™ to AeonShadow
Default My email=Neonblade(XBL Account)=Email hacked= OMG

So yesterday I had trouble logging into my hot mail account and I tried constantly over and over. I tried recovering my password but my security answer was changed. I know exactly how it happened, I went to a free ms points on another site. I then had entered my email then my password, I logged in than exited the site, therefore I knew it was a scam. 30 minutes later I try logging into my account on windows messenger and it never works, I get real mad and decide to go down to http://www.bungie.net/ . Then to just realize that BUNGIE still has my account(which means that Bungie knows that it does exist!-YAY!-You go
Bungie!) After just pacing back and forth like a little baby I type in xbox.com then I search for my gamer tag: Neonblade, it says it doesn't exist.
I start totally freaking out and breathing real hard. My hot mail account AeonShadow123@hotmail.com is linked to Neonblade, my XBL account has over 5000 gamerscorepoints! When I try my x box, I get some messege(BRB(getting it...)) , then I run out of options. This is my story, so basically a corrupted free ms point site stole my hot mail account and now my XBL account is messed up. So my reason for posting this is obviously for help, I can not go to the xbox fourms and complain because some stupid admin has to approve a post(which is mega stupid!); Also, Bungie's forum you don't get much help because I posted my promblem and only 5 minutes later my thread was like 8 pages in to the old threads!!

PS. Go to Bungie.net, and search my account and then go to xbox.com and add my gamer tag: Neonblade-doesn't exist to see for yourself. Feel like helping? Post here or private message me-thank you....

I stand here as a sole person I will not lose my account, I will get my email back and I will play COD4 for 10 hours!!------THIS IS XBOX LIVE!!!!!

Regards,
Dan
AeonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:27 PM   #2
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: My email=Neonblade(XBL Account)=Email hacked= OMG

Sorry to hear it but it's your fault really.
Basically the same thing happened to me, BLAZZE- Phised my FFR account and Yahoo, I got my FFR back (as you can see.) but I still don't have my Yahoo (and won't get it back) so I just made a new account. What does that tell you? NEVER enter your information on untrusted sites.

Best of luck to you getting your stuff back but there is a pretty high chance that won't happen.
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:29 PM   #3
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

third law of reality: if something says "free money", it doesn't actually give you free money

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:31 PM   #4
Magic_V2
RobMagic
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Magic_V2

Your account was stolen, and the name was changed. Call 1-800-4MYXBOX and tell them what happened, as you may be able to recover it by giving them your information (credit card details, etc.)
Better luck next time! No, wait, that doesn't work with this situation. Use your head next time.

Last edited by Magic_V2; 08-17-2008 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: i did it for the lulz
Magic_V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:31 PM   #5
fido123
FFR Player

I would say call them. They're more likely to help them when you're right there talking to them one-on-one rather than just an other e-mail.

1-800-469-9269

Thank you Xbox for making a system with such a high failure rate I've memorized your number...thank you.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:36 PM   #6
AeonShadow

Send a message via AIM to AeonShadow Send a message via MSN to AeonShadow Send a message via Yahoo to AeonShadow Send a message via Skype™ to AeonShadow

Guys I don't need the "better luck next time" phrase. I want to make sure defiantly that I have practically completely lost my account. I will find a way, anyways I will call them tomorrow; its too late right now. I tricked the phisher by the way, I talked to him on another hot mail account and got him to give me the site he used to trick me so ha!
Old 08-17-2008, 03:40 PM   #7
[TeRa]
FFR Player
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Xbox WILL freeze your account if you call, making it never be able to be signed on again, they'll tell you to call your credit card company to cancel the money used from when the account was stolen, you'll wind up getting a free 1 year of xbox live code.

This all takes about 3 weeks because xbox is super slow -_-
Also, was it gamepwnz who stole your account?
If you were top on the leaderboards on any game check to see what your account name was changed to.

Last edited by [TeRa]; 08-17-2008 at 03:45 PM..
[TeRa] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:43 PM   #8
AeonShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TeRa] View Post
Xbox WILL freeze your account if you call, making it never be able to be signed on again, they'll tell you to call your credit card company to cancel the money used from when the account was stolen, you'll wind up getting a free 1 year of xbox live code.

This all takes about 3 weeks because xbox is super slow -_-
Also, was it gamepwnz who stole your account?
No it wasn't, it was some guy on the Bungie forums that I cant remember.
By the way I had no credit card stuff on it. You can try tricking my phisher if you have time by talking to him... AeonShadow123@hotmail.com

Edit: How do I find the gamer tag he changed it to?
Old 08-17-2008, 03:46 PM   #9
Magic_V2
RobMagic
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Magic_V2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeonShadow View Post
No it wasn't, it was some guy on the Bungie forums that I cant remember.
By the way I had no credit card stuff on it. You can try tricking my phisher if you have time by talking to him... AeonShadow123@hotmail.com

Edit: How do I find the gamer tag he changed it to?
Recover your hotmail password with your security question, then recover your account on your xbox. Should work if he hasn't changed the question yet.

Last edited by Magic_V2; 08-17-2008 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: made it less :@ and more :|
Magic_V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:47 PM   #10
[TeRa]
FFR Player
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Gamerpoints are pointless anyway, I say just call xbox and waste 3-4 weeks and get a free one year, being your account name was changed you'll be able to remake an account with the same name anyway, try to remember your friends GT's though so you can re-add them.

Trust me, we all make stupid mistakes, and you'll definitely never even think twice about doing this again.

Edit: Magic I'm pretty sure that the security question can be changed, when I called xbox they asked me who my favorite teacher was, I would never even think of using that question -_-

Last edited by [TeRa]; 08-17-2008 at 03:52 PM..
[TeRa] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:52 PM   #11
AeonShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic_V2 View Post
If you were stupid enough to enter your password on a site other than xbox.com or bungie.net then you don't deserve to get it back. It's like giving your car keys to the shifty looking guy claiming to be valet, even though the place has no valet parking. Your fault; quit crying. Not thread-worthy.

Recover your hotmail password with your security question, then recover your account on your xbox. Should work if he hasn't changed the question yet.
I thought it was like R1 which is my problem, so don't act all high and mighty.
Oh and I cant recover it because he changed the security answer which really makes me mad. I know Microsoft, could easily hack a email. Also, I have to get my email back to stop my phisher, from messaging my other friends about the site- they will get phished too!!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 03:52 PM   #12
Mr.Nothing
R.I.P. Steve <3
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Nothing

Gamescore is extremely easy to get back, and hell, it gives you more motivation to pick up games you once loved and start all over again.
Use this as a new beginning, because there isn't much more you can do.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:55 PM   #13
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

attention planet: gamerpoints are stupid and pointless

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:55 PM   #14
AeonShadow

I am not much of a gamer score person meaning I am not that good at getting points...
http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?i...hfghfghzg4.png

I have proof, I tried tricking him. And now since I have proof and you guys know thats my email then Microsoft will Believe me. Feel like talking to him?

Last edited by AeonShadow; 08-17-2008 at 04:04 PM..
Old 08-17-2008, 09:11 PM   #15
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Network Security Analyst
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR Send a message via MSN to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokzic View Post
attention planet: gamerpoints are stupid and pointless
Truth

And yet I still can't stop trying to get them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdarkness
I'm light f**king darkness
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:25 PM   #16
TwilightPrincess
FFR Veteran
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Your best bet is to open up a support ticket with hotmail and confirm your account details. They may have changed but you may still be able to confirm what was there before. If you specified an alternate email address, be sure you have access to that as they may send an email to that account.

On the other hand, why would you EVER enter your Windows Live ID and password on a non-Windows Live ID supported site?

Last edited by TwilightPrincess; 08-17-2008 at 09:30 PM..
TwilightPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:58 AM   #17
AeonShadow

Oh I am so pissed right now. I call them and some Japanese guy answers, and he's like something about closing my account in a month if I don't get it back. They didn't do a damn thing, and they gave me some weird reference id which I have no idea how to use!!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 10:31 AM   #18
fido123
FFR Player

Call them again and demand that you use you're personal information to verify that the account belongs to you then take necessary action like changing the password.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:38 AM   #19
AeonShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
Call them again and demand that you use you're personal information to verify that the account belongs to you then take necessary action like changing the password.
The guy knew it belonged to me. He said there was insufficient information, because something about something else I cant remember. The good thing is I can sign into my account on my x box but I cant connect to x box live, but my other gold memberships can(weird?). What do you mean "take necessary action like changing the password"? I mean I would be happy if I can still fully access my account on my x box... But my email has been with me for 2 years and I have friends on it that might also get tricked........

EDIT: What do I do with the reference number(id)?

Last edited by AeonShadow; 08-18-2008 at 10:42 AM..
Old 08-18-2008, 11:30 AM   #20
hoochan
woah shrooms
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR View Post
Truth

And yet I still can't stop trying to get them...
More truth than the first statement.

4srs
hoochan is offline   Reply With Quote