Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-7-2008, 06:44 AM   #21
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr
Default Re: Synthlight N' Crew, Please Review. New Subsciber Option!

When did Synth get so desperate for money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 06:45 AM   #22
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

The token is a bonus, I understand - but having to pay for something (the CD in this case) to also receive the token is already gaining a very negative reputation.

People are crazy for tokens on this website - the CD doesn't even matter, and in all actuality, the CD is the actual 'bonus' to the whole deal with the way people think on this website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr View Post
When did Synth get so desperate for money?
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=186

Last edited by foilman8805; 08-7-2008 at 06:47 AM..
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 06:57 AM   #23
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Took me a minute to read that whole thing. Well, once Mal gets it running for Verizon I will support it. Will it work for prepaid? Better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 07:05 AM   #24
UserNameGoesHere
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to UserNameGoesHere

I also don't think tiered membership pricing is a good strategy. If it happens, it happens but I think in the long run it'd just create problems.

Although it is entirely possible and viable to simply increase the prices of the current membership rates. Whether that is a good idea or not would have to be carefully weighed though. With increased prices come fewer takers but more money paid per taker.

I believe you could also just donate money as well if you feel so inclined. I'm sure you could ask about it and the administration would work something out.
UserNameGoesHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 07:35 AM   #25
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phynx View Post
HAHAHA! So then why do they let them pay for other features, such said features as normal subscribers have? Eh, got ya there.
What. My parents let "them" pay for other features? I am not following. You were obviously tired when you posted this.

To further touch on the subject at hand, I used to like an idea sort of like this. But now I don't. Like everyone has been saying, it really isn't a good thing to be doing for ffr. Money-wise I think so, but not community-wise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 07:41 AM   #26
DarthSatoris
The Phantom Derp
FFR Veteran

Awww. come on. I think there are over 20,000 subscribers, and the advertisement thingy is there too. How is it possible that FFR.com uses that huge amount of money? That's a mystery to me...
Old 08-7-2008, 08:14 AM   #27
Sprite-
HAVE ME WITH VODKA
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

There are not over 20,000 subscribers lmao.
Sprite- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 08:30 AM   #28
wwwJ4mmYcouk
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I think it is a good idea, a lot of websites have Gold membership, Silver membership, and standard membership, and obviously the more you pay the more you can have access too. Also i think you should sell Vrofl for 20$ :P I bet people would pay.

Μήπως πραγματικά πνιγεί;
wwwJ4mmYcouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 10:20 AM   #29
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

it's a good idea. but. there has been some lack of new features for subbies over the past few months. i'm aware of it, and do feel bad about it... but there aren't ALWAYS new features to test.

also, realistically, it's a pain to have to work with the artists to set up stuff that would be 'exclusive content'. like, for Dendrite v2, we are giving royalties to Spook. and we'd have to do that with EVERY exclusive content level... since if we're directly making money off the track, we have to give royalties to the musicians. therefore, we'd need artist permission and contracts and all that stuff.

much easier to do it with the SMS stuff, since we'd already have it all worked out for the album, and the level would be an add-on to that already done deal.

also... not to be the downer, but the difference in your rates between normal/elite really isn't much. 38 vs 45 for 1 year. monthly would be a decent difference... 42 vs 60. but, all in all, the hassle would make it not-so-great. we'd also feel extremely obligated to make sure you guys all got that content on a regular basis, etc etc .
Old 08-7-2008, 10:21 AM   #30
QuadDamage
Banned

I still think discounts for FFR-branded hardware would be nice
I know for a fact that a lot of people would love a nice keyboard
QuadDamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 10:50 AM   #31
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Well, it was an idea to toss around for a revenue boost sorta thing. Hell I'd pay it if it only gave us a cool color on our names. I'd pay it just cause. Also, those rates I gave are just random guesses at what they would actually be. But I still think this whole idea of an ELITE subscriber would be good for the site. I think if it really helped enough to where Synth wouldn't be in such a bind, people would follow through with it and understand its implication. But that's just me assuming a communities ideals. Most likely I'm way off.

Phynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 11:00 AM   #32
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Rubix: subscribing now gets a user a discount on a t-shirt. so, we do do that already.

Phynx: technically, you ARE an Elite FFR Supporter already.
Old 08-7-2008, 11:03 AM   #33
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
Technically yes. But it's not enough to help the site to efficient levels. I say make us pay MORE! Haha... if only I was rich, I'd drop an atomic bomb of money onto FFR. This place is too f*ckin' awesome to be seen in a bind.

Old 08-7-2008, 11:18 AM   #34
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

you could always do what Afro did... buy multiple 1 year subbies at once. Just make sure to cancel the recurring nature of them, or you'd be hit by them all again in a year.

But, yea. Afro is subscribed for the next 9 or 10 years still. <3.
Old 08-7-2008, 11:20 AM   #35
cry4eternity
~ added for cuteness
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to cry4eternity

What if we don't want the CD?

I like the idea, and I'd probably go for it if it was something I wanted. In my opinion, the best thing to offer would be something FFR-RELATED. Maybe an FFR keyboard like QuadDamage mentioned.. or heck, I bet people would pay to be included in a jury of sorts to vote on new material (meaning everything, not just new songs) coming into the site.

So, I like the concept... and I'd like to help out. The only thing is, it'd be nice to get something cool in return. I just don't care to buy music I probably won't listen to very much, and 7 bucks for a token, ew.

I'm retired
cry4eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 11:30 AM   #36
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phynx View Post
Mr. Nothing and I were talking about it in another thread but I wanted to suggest this idea via its own thread. Seeing as the current downslide of income for FFR has taken its toll, we propose making an "ELITE" form of subscriber, one notch above the normal subscriber. Also, one feature we mentioned was having special tokens available only to these ELITE subscribers. I'm not positive if this has been mentioned before but I feel it is something to be reviewed in further depth. Making the rates for ELITE subscriptions as such:

1 Month: $5.00
6 Month: $28.00
1 Year: $45.00

Or something along those lines. These are rates I would EASILY pay off for a greater support to the site. Keeping the community alive here is of great importance to me so I would be willing to pay even more if it came to that.
About the tokens, maybe how about you do like: After one month of being in elite subscriber, it goes public for another month? I dunno, but the public should have access to them too.
Old 08-7-2008, 11:32 AM   #37
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netjet! View Post
About the tokens, maybe how about you do like: After one month of being in elite subscriber, it goes public for another month? I dunno, but the public should have access to them too.
This could work, but I think it should be longer since you'd be paying a significant amount more for such treaties. I don't know what would be fair but I'd say 3-6 months. This is just me though, that's probably too long. Lol.

Old 08-7-2008, 11:34 AM   #38
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!

Yeah maybe. Or the tokens can be "attainable" for Elite Subscribers, aka your idea, and then they can be given out to public members for very special reasons?
Old 08-7-2008, 11:38 AM   #39
QuadDamage
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
Rubix: subscribing now gets a user a discount on a t-shirt. so, we do do that already.

I'm talking branded hardware -- keyboards, speakers, headphones, whatever -- not just T-Shirts. I think a lot people would like to have keyboards that have been verified to be very good for FFR, as not all keyboards, in fact, are. Many keyboards have non-responsive keys, or don't vibrate well, or are TOO sensitive and yield a bunch of boos, etc. Having a good keyboard that does what I tell it to when my fingers say so is grand. Subscription + discount on such hardware would ultimately help out profit margins, otherwise full price for non-subscribers would still compensate for costs anyway.

Besides, you can always sell such hardware with bonus content/tokens/etc... bonuses are always great <3

Last edited by QuadDamage; 08-7-2008 at 11:44 AM..
QuadDamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 11:45 AM   #40
Magewout
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadDamage View Post
I'm talking branded hardware -- keyboards, speakers, headphones, whatever -- not just T-Shirts. I think a lot people would like to have keyboards that have been verified to be very good for FFR, as not all keyboards, in fact, are. Many keyboards have non-responsive keys, or don't vibrate well, or are TOO sensitive and yield a bunch of boos, etc. Having a good keyboard that does what I tell it to when my fingers say so is grand. Subscription + discount on such hardware would ultimately help out profit margins, otherwise full price for non-subscribers would still compensate for costs anyway.

Besides, you can always sell such hardware with bonus content/tokens/etc... bonuses are always great <3
This idea is awesome, but I'll only support it when you also ship to Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
EDIT: Wow Magewout just slayed my riddles
Magewout is offline   Reply With Quote