Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: Dog's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidalfatman View Post
ughhh...this thread has gain no p;ost...this tourney is apparently done
It's not a tournament...

I still play. If I'm on AIM, throw me a IM and I'll almost definitely get online for some games.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:50 PM   #2742
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to meno_rocks123

I played two games against manti last night so I could warm up for people coming over (haven't played in 3 weeks).

first game:
brinstar
Manti beat me with two lives to spare. I probably could've gotten him to one life if I wasn't warming up after a month of no play.

second game:
battlefield
Got my ass handed to me on a silver platter. He won with 3 lives, but probably would've been 2 if I hadn't sd'd while trying to finish him off the edge of the map.

I'll for sure have to get some more practice before I decide to join the ladder.
meno_rocks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:10 PM   #2743
Jor-Dan_the_greatest
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Jor-Dan_the_greatest Send a message via Yahoo to Jor-Dan_the_greatest

yay! the thread is getting some posts!!! let's keep this going guys!!!

FC = 0731-4471-3662
message me if you add me (for new people)
Old 07-28-2008, 12:13 AM   #2744
Afrombean
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno_rocks123 View Post
I played two games against manti last night so I could warm up for people coming over (haven't played in 3 weeks).

first game:
brinstar
Manti beat me with two lives to spare. I probably could've gotten him to one life if I wasn't warming up after a month of no play.

second game:
battlefield
Got my ass handed to me on a silver platter. He won with 3 lives, but probably would've been 2 if I hadn't sd'd while trying to finish him off the edge of the map.

I'll for sure have to get some more practice before I decide to join the ladder.
Don't take play against manti as typical. I fair relatively poorly against him normally myself, but I'm still able to win against others in the ladder when I use my main and actively try. I'd wager that there are some in the ladder I could win against even on random, although they're probably all at the bottom of the list

Oh this reminded me of something too. I was playing against Temote yesterday, and he was used Olimar. He whooped me. And I noticed something: he seemed to ALWAYS be getting priority. At one point during another match, he was fighting with no pikmin and was holding his ground well regardless. Seemed like a majority of the times he was hitting me, I was attacking him as well and his attack always canceled mine. When he was pikmin-less he was even able to break through my smash attacks (I was Sonic at this point, but that's beside the point). So, uh, yeah, Olimar has crazy priority apparently.
Afrombean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:27 AM   #2745
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

When I said I needed more practice, I meant I'll have to get back to the skill level I was at a month ago (I beat 3 lvl 9s on a team against me in a stock match consitantly)
Old 07-28-2008, 06:37 AM   #2746
Jor-Dan_the_greatest
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Jor-Dan_the_greatest Send a message via Yahoo to Jor-Dan_the_greatest

playing against manti makes me sad =(
but he's cool ;D
Old 07-28-2008, 01:40 PM   #2747
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

I can't even beat 3 level 9's all against me.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:41 PM   #2748
Sodo
FFR Player

This seems interesting. I'm not that good, so I don't know if I'm ready to do the ladder thing. My FC is 5455-9051-5249 if there's an exhibition thing going on.
Sodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:06 PM   #2749
Jor-Dan_the_greatest
FFR Player

woah. this dude either has some serious skill, or he has a different kind of skill than korny...
Old 07-28-2008, 07:10 PM   #2750
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Well, I'm trying to pick up some new moves. I want to be as good or better than this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbgxF7EvwlM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:55 PM   #2751
Jor-Dan_the_greatest
FFR Player

yeah, good luck with that
Old 07-28-2008, 09:44 PM   #2752
zidart
FFR Player

so....anybody wants to play ?
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:04 AM   #2753
Afrombean
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
Well, I'm trying to pick up some new moves. I want to be as good or better than this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbgxF7EvwlM
That's a totally different style than you use. Not a mere addition, but a total shift in style.

It'd be like me saying I want to be as good or better than this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGJM0xJqajI

EDIT: found a better example to prove my point
Afrombean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:36 AM   #2754
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrombean View Post
That's a totally different style than you use. Not a mere addition, but a total shift in style.

It'd be like me saying I want to be as good or better than this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGJM0xJqajI

EDIT: found a better example to prove my point
That guy seriously needs to learn something called "thunderbolt". It really helps when someone is slow and way above you.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:59 AM   #2755
OmniOstrich
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to OmniOstrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno_rocks123 View Post
That guy seriously needs to learn something called "thunderbolt". It really helps when someone is slow and way above you.
That guy is the best pikachu there is...he has won tournaments that pay off in +$1000 I think the fact that this was pre-release might have something to do with him playing less than awesome...
9:30-10:30 EST (Currently daylight savings) is my regular time unless otherwise scheduled
OmniOstrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:07 AM   #2756
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

It also has to do that he makes heavy use of Pika's other skills rather than relying heavily on Thunder.

If he can kick your ass without touching Thunder, he has the advantage of throwing you off by not using it. Also: I would expect that Thunder simply isn't as useful at the upper echelons of the competitive racket, due to how slow it can be, pros are likely to be much more capable of avoiding getting owned by it.

And anyway, my point was to find a video of a good Pikachu player that fights differently than me. I rely heavily on down smash and down special; he does not.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:10 PM   #2757
reddarkd
Lawl
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
The online aspect of this game is annoying. theres so much lag most of the time it's not even worth playing.
When I heard about this game being online that was one thing that worried me
reddarkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:42 PM   #2758
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

manti is just being a baby

the lag isnt that bad if you play against the right people

example: i lag a bit sometimes against manti, but not at all against temote

EDIT: a message for zid, whoever you are:

You suck. You need to learn how to actually play the game instead of using the same tactics over and over and over and over. And how you kept picking Shadow Moses Island so you could hide in the corner... gr8 tekneek bro, hide in the corner with your back to the wall, with a ceiling over your head so you're harder to get at. That's not low or cowardly at all. Chain grabbing and SD KOing at 0% is more noble than that ****. And what's your deal with wanting 3 stocks so bad? Because you know that the less stocks in a match, the more likely that small leads can be construed as large leads?

You also did that stupid ass "oh i won a match finally so im done now" bull****. **** you. You know, I only got 4 hours of sleep yesterday and I should have been in bed 3 hours ago. But I didn't because I was having a jolly time playing, and actually using Pikachu for once instead of random. Then you go and ****ing leave just because you got your ****ing win? Dude, seriously. That is even lamer than all the lame **** you did in the matches, lame **** I might add that couldn't even net you more than a couple 3 total stock wins.

Last edited by Afrobean; 07-29-2008 at 02:21 PM..
Afrobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:46 PM   #2759
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
manti is just being a baby

the lag isnt that bad if you play against the right people

example: i lag a bit sometimes against manti, but not at all against temote

EDIT: a message for zid, whoever you are:

You suck. You need to learn how to actually play the game instead of using the same tactics over and over and over and over. And how you kept picking Shadow Moses Island so you could hide in the corner... gr8 tekneek bro, hide in the corner with your back to the wall, with a ceiling over your head so you're harder to get at. That's not low or cowardly at all. Chain grabbing and SD KOing at 0% is more noble than that ****. And what's your deal with wanting 3 stocks so bad? Because you know that the less stocks in a match, the more likely that small leads can be construed as large leads?

You also did that stupid ass "oh i won a match finally so im done now" bull****. **** you. You know, I only got 4 hours of sleep yesterday and I should have been in bed 3 hours ago. But I didn't because I was having a jolly time playing, and actually using Pikachu for once instead of random. Then you go and ****ing leave just because you got your ****ing win? Dude, seriously. That is even lamer than all the lame **** you did in the matches, lame **** I might add that couldn't even net you more than a couple 3 total stock wins.
*sigh* ok i had a wonderful day until you came out and wrote that crap....

FIRST you oughta look yourself in the mirror before judging others, so you are going to tell me you didn't use the same techniques over and over AND OVER again??? please don't make me laugh.

SECOND so what if i chose shadow moses over and over again??? you kept using your pikachu and choosing final destination (which is a stage that actually gives pikachu the advantage so again look yourself in the mirror) so i decided to choose the stage that gives me an advantage and YOU a disadvantage.

THIRD i seem to recall i won several times before the last victory i had, overall you won more battles but i didn't leave in the few ones i won, if what you said was true then i would have left after the first and second match.

FOURTH i just happen to like 3 stocks, but i don't mind if you want 4 i will keep that in mind for future matches.

is true, i'm not a very experienced player but everyone has to start at some point, i was actually having fun in those matches even if i was at a disadvantage, and i really thought you were a great opponent but if you cry about small things like picking a stage then i guess you are not as great as i thought

however i would be glad to fight again if you want...

Last edited by zidart; 07-30-2008 at 01:22 AM..
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:48 PM   #2760
ducky285
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ducky285 Send a message via MSN to ducky285 Send a message via Yahoo to ducky285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
And anyway, my point was to find a video of a good Pikachu player that fights differently than me. I rely heavily on down smash and down special; he does not.
People have figured D-smash is easy to DI out of so most Pika players only use it as a panic button move. That's why it's best not to rely on it too much. Thunder is avoidable because it's easy to see coming and it'll get you killed against reflectors.

Quick Attack Canceling is the big technique from what I've seen. Chaingrabbing is useful, too.