Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Art and Graphics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 09:30 PM   #41
Porgy
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Porgy Send a message via Yahoo to Porgy
Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: just got

oh lordy, now you are claiming to be a better artist? Since when did this turn into a pissing contest on whose art is better? Better in whose opinion? Of course, i forgot Mwerp has the last say on what is considered "good art". When people start paying for your work please come back and we'll chat.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:47 PM   #42
omgwtfToph
FFR Music Producers
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to omgwtfToph

Frankly Mwerp is a better graphic artist than you. The fact that he makes really awesome stuff with Bryce and Photoshop and the fact that you rely on Maya and "higher-end" programs to create lesser work (I'm judging this on your sig so if I'm wrong feel free to correct me rolleyesemoticon) means that he is better. And Mwerp has nothing on RJ, too, so don't even get me started on that one.
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Old 10-18-2004, 09:56 PM   #43
Porgy
FFR Player

nothing on my sig was created in maya. And I fail to see how judgement on who is a better graphic artist is based on how well you create abstract art.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:59 PM   #44
Mwerp
Banned

Well considering we're dealing with abstract art and have been talking about it, it should be implied you know.
But hey throughout this whole topic you've had this misconception that we're talking about modeling, which would be a false belief.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:00 PM   #45
Porgy
FFR Player

you keep concentrating on abstract art. Some of us look beyond a single style of art, especially since the topic isn't "look at my abstract art!" but rather "I just got Bryce".. And who is we?
Old 10-18-2004, 10:03 PM   #46
Mwerp
Banned

lol guys watch this
You keep concentrating on modeling. Some us look beyond a single style of art.
That was DIFFICULT.

Who is we? We is basically everyone besides you.
What you don't realize is that the people here have been and still are talking about and interested in the abstract artform. I'm honestly starting to think you have some reading incapacity because I've been telling you that throughout this whole thing, and each time you keep ignoring it.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:08 PM   #47
Porgy
FFR Player

im concentrating on the capabilities of the software as a package in whole. And you seem to ignore everybody who says anything contrary to your beliefs. And you seem to find degrading others as a way to defend your beliefs. You seem to be ignoring this.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:16 PM   #48
Mwerp
Banned

Quote:
im concentrating on the capabilities of the software as a package in whole.
ODDLY ENOUGH THAT IS NOT WHAT I HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT TO BEGIN WITH YOU LOSE SORRY

Quote:
And you seem to ignore everybody who says anything contrary to your beliefs.
Yeah you know what I've been ignoring everything you've told me and I haven't thought about and replied to any bit of it. No sir.

Quote:
And you seem to find degrading others as a way to defend your beliefs.
Wow way to put words in my mouth.
I find degrading other to be a convenient method of explaining to your average moron how stupid they really are.
If you haven't seen me defend by beliefs, go back to whatever page this started on and read it all again. Maybe three times if you have to. Your reading comprehension is unacceptable.

Quote:
You seem to be ignoring this.
I'm most DEFINITELY ignoring that oh yeah.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:18 PM   #49
Porgy
FFR Player

ignorance begets ignorance begets ignorance.

and good luck in life if you find degradation as your means to confront people aout their opinions.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:21 PM   #50
omgwtfToph
FFR Music Producers
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to omgwtfToph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porgy
and good luck in life if you find degradation as your means to confront people aout their opinions.
Actually, most CEOs, exceptionally well-paid comedians, lawyers, and journalists are that way.
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Old 10-18-2004, 10:22 PM   #51
Mwerp
Banned

Quote:
ignorance begets ignorance begets ignorance.
well golly mister lol i cant beet ur cool radnom terminoligessz lidat :<:<:<

Quote:
Goodness sakes aren't you just the twister of reality?
Confront people about their intelligence.
Intelligence.
Opinions?
No.
Method to win arguments?
No.
Demeaning intelligence?
Yes!
He fades back
swoosh
and that's the game!
Old 10-18-2004, 10:26 PM   #52
Porgy
FFR Player

swoosh? you take all discussions down the toilet, the biggest being your response in the "where do you live" topic. Well, you can knock yourself out, I have a business to attend to. Peace.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:30 PM   #53
Mwerp
Banned

Haha, first you overreact to derogatory comments, and now onomatopoetic words. This is awesome. Thread concluded I win you lose bye
Old 10-19-2004, 12:47 PM   #54
djsmalls
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to djsmalls Send a message via MSN to djsmalls Send a message via Yahoo to djsmalls

woah my thread grew lol...
well yea when i get my new comp ill prolly be using a combination of alot of prog's but this comp is limited to what it can use and bryce is like the only thing that really works right so therefore i use bryce no need to argue lol

Old 10-19-2004, 09:46 PM   #55
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to aperson

Okay guys, I'm sick of this bullshit. Let's set some stuff straight.

Mwerp, you're arguing a lost cause. You talk about your art being on par with other people. I find it hilarious you think you're up there at the same level that I am. You know why? Because you know nothing about theory. All you know how to do is slap a few buttons together in Bryce and piss around with toruses till something looks pretty and throw it in photoshop. Stop trying to appeal to standards where you have no idea where you are valued in the standard.

Bryce teaches people how to be stupid. It teaches them to throw random particle explosions on toruses and do nothing with them. When I learned 3d studio max I had to research theory, and I came out with a much better understanding of how composition works. Let me ask you a question. Have you heard of Gestalt's Theory? Do you know how to apply the Rule of Thirds within a piece? Do you understand the basic theory of typography? Do you understand how to apply the golden ratio to size dimensions and objects of importance within an image? No, you don't. You don't know that because you don't need to know that with Bryce, nor are you able to control many of those elements.

Bryce is like the kid's version of a workstation. It's the little fake screwdrivers and hammers you see kids running around with acting like construction workers when they're five. 3DSM, Maya, and Softimage are the real workstations, the real tools that will actually come into use in life. By using these fake tools you are learning nothing, and your work will simply stagnate... and that's just what your work has done, it's stagnated. It goes nowhere, you aren't doing anything with your work and you aren't gaining any knowledge. I can look at your pieces and point out how you don't have the most basic concepts of composition through applied beliefs of Gestalt theory: How direction and size, depth, and color, lead and pull the eye through a piece. You don't understand typography: How size, type, placement, spacing, color, contrast, and more, create a better flow through the text. You don't really understand anything important about a piece of art.

Why is this? Because you use Bryce. And the minute you try to compare your 3d pissings to things like my "The Birth: Seovine" I'm going to laugh at you, because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 10-19-2004, 10:34 PM   #56
Mwerp
Banned

Quote:
Mwerp, you're arguing a lost cause. You talk about your art being on par with other people. I find it hilarious you think you're up there at the same level that I am. You know why? Because you know nothing about theory.
This is odd because if you asked over half of pop artists/musicians today if they knew anything about music theory, they'd tell you no. But they still sound good and they're popular groups and make tons of money.

Quote:
All you know how to do is slap a few buttons together in Bryce and piss around with toruses till something looks pretty and throw it in photoshop.
woohoo random generalization

Quote:
Stop trying to appeal to standards where you have no idea where you are valued in the standard.
By that it sounds like you're saying that I'm trying to appeal to a set level of skill. Why exactly would you say that?

Quote:
Bryce teaches people how to be stupid. It teaches them to throw random particle explosions on toruses and do nothing with them.
Geez you people must really suck at Bryce :/

Quote:
When I learned 3d studio max I had to research theory, and I came out with a much better understanding of how composition works. Let me ask you a question. Have you heard of Gestalt's Theory? Do you know how to apply the Rule of Thirds within a piece? Do you understand the basic theory of typography? Do you understand how to apply the golden ratio to size dimensions and objects of importance within an image? No, you don't. You don't know that because you don't need to know that with Bryce, nor are you able to control many of those elements.
Do you need to know any of that to make your work look nice? No. Do you need to know any of that for people to like it? No. It's just knowledge that helps you if what you're trying to accomplish with your art is to stimulate an art professor's mind in hopes of getting a good review or whatever similar case scenario.

Quote:
Bryce is like the kid's version of a workstation. It's the little fake screwdrivers and hammers you see kids running around with acting like construction workers when they're five. 3DSM, Maya, and Softimage are the real workstations, the real tools that will actually come into use in life.
That's an odd thing to say when I've seen artists that use Bryce who are of far greater skill than people who use 3DSM, etc.

Quote:
By using these fake tools you are learning nothing, and your work will simply stagnate... and that's just what your work has done, it's stagnated. It goes nowhere, you aren't doing anything with your work and you aren't gaining any knowledge. I can look at your pieces and point out how you don't have the most basic concepts of composition through applied beliefs of Gestalt theory: How direction and size, depth, and color, lead and pull the eye through a piece. You don't understand typography: How size, type, placement, spacing, color, contrast, and more, create a better flow through the text. You don't really understand anything important about a piece of art.
Is this about why Bryce sucks or has your main topic become a fit of anger directed towards myself?

Quote:
Why is this? Because you use Bryce.
Oh right so I don't know anything about theory because of the program I use and it has nothing to do with whether or not I ever bothered to research art theory yes? By that logic it's not possible for someone to use Bryce and have a fine grasp on art theory.

Quote:
And the minute you try to compare your 3d pissings to things like my "The Birth: Seovine" I'm going to laugh at you, because you have no idea what you're talking about.
ty4heads^
Old 10-20-2004, 12:01 AM   #57
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

aperson is my new hero. and, mwerp... feel free to quote that and go on a mini-rant.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:38 AM   #58
Porgy
FFR Player

ha, someone just got clowned. Nicely stated aperson. Mwerp looks like you "lose"!!
Old 10-20-2004, 05:44 AM   #59
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Frankly Mwerp, making an analogy to today's music is making your debate worse.

95% of modern bands suck. They make money because of stupid people that don't notice how bad they are.

I think aperson said perfectly what needed to be said. I'm sure he's used Bryce enough to realize that the other three he gave examples of were better. I'm sure he made fine art with Bryce but realized that the other programs could do more.

And your argument about people that are better with Bryce than some of those that use 3DSM or Maya... What if I just picked it up today and threw out something? Your Bryce render would PROBABLY be better than mine. Just maybe. That's likely because a) I suck at all aspects of art and b) I'd only been using it for 2 hours.

However, when it comes to Flash, I own. Maybe not as good as soccr, but that's only because I'm still waiting for the software for christmas. I had it in school and managed a few great projects. If you were to pick it up for the first time and just mess around with it, I'm sure you could make a simple little movie. Nothing as advanced as my projects, however.

~Squeek

PS - DO NOT NITPICK THIS POST.

EDIT - OR "ISOLATE COMMENTS".
Old 10-20-2004, 08:20 AM   #60
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743

Quote:
Frankly Mwerp, making an analogy to today's music is making your debate worse.
95% of modern bands suck. They make money because of stupid people that don't notice how bad they are.
No, that is your opinion. A lot of people like modern bands. You just think they suck, while others don't.
Mwerp may be one who doesn't think modern banxs suck, hence the analogy makes perfect sense to him. I do not mind modern bands either, so that analogy makes sense to me. So, the analogy does make sense.

Quote:
I had it in school and managed a few greats projects.
great*

Quote:
PS - DO NOT NITPICK THIS POST.
I wouldnt call what Mwerp does as nitpicking. It's called isolating each comment.

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
Closed Thread