Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-8-2008, 12:41 AM   #781
gsaga
FFR Player

Default Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsaga View Post
If I've signed up *before* I had 100 plays; but was removed from the list -
Am I still unable to enter the tournament? No button to sign up again.
bumping this. ;_;
(I have over 100 plays now.)

Last edited by gsaga; 06-8-2008 at 12:44 AM..
Old 06-8-2008, 01:31 AM   #782
Shashakiro
TWO THOUZAND COMBO
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Shashakiro
Default Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot about the 'mystery prize' in the 2nd off. tourney
ask Synth.
fixed, I had nothing to do with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogiebear
use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.
Old 06-8-2008, 01:38 AM   #783
Brian iPwn
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Brian iPwn Send a message via MSN to Brian iPwn Send a message via Yahoo to Brian iPwn

Yay, first official tourney sign up!
*prays for D1*

I've only been playing 3 months now :3

Also, first Forum post

Last edited by Brian iPwn; 06-8-2008 at 02:02 AM.. Reason: Because I r n00b
Old 06-8-2008, 03:00 AM   #784
Sprite-
HAVE ME WITH VODKA

Updated as of 4:00AM EST.
Old 06-8-2008, 07:47 AM   #785
Tiptup12345
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Tiptup12345

wut the fuk i'm not in the list
Old 06-8-2008, 08:56 AM   #786
mexican_mafia
FFR Player

hey when do we figure out what division we're in.

P.S. thanks for your hard work Sprite

I <3 U

john stamos lives
Old 06-8-2008, 10:02 AM   #787
MJV2112
Banned
FFR Veteran

One quick question, suppose I use FFR to upload my inages for the tournament instead of a image hosting site would that be acceptible?
Old 06-8-2008, 10:03 AM   #788
Breakdown16
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I think people have done that for the past tournament, but I'd use Imageshack or Photobucket just to be on the safe side. I'm usually too lazy, so I like to attach images directly into my post for unofficial tournaments. For this one, though, I'll be using Imageshack.
Old 06-8-2008, 10:16 AM   #789
Dominewyorican
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Dominewyorican Send a message via MSN to Dominewyorican

Quote:
Originally Posted by remedy1502 View Post
The score next to the replay link will be the score that you got though. Like before you click on it. It's only the score WITHIN the replay that gets messed with.
Bingo and thats why I mentioned about telling them which it is. Just delete all the other junk ones from that song and keep the one you want to submit. And chances are that he'll be the only person that needs to do it that way since 99% of everyone here can just use paint lol.

P.S. Today is last day for signs ups....very.....EXCITED!

FC/AAA Count (Non Skill/Regular Token Songs)
: 341/40

Skill Token Count: 68
ATM: Playing SM like crazy to better over all skills

Old 06-8-2008, 10:37 AM   #790
Adamaja456
Absurd
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Adamaja456 Send a message via MSN to Adamaja456 Send a message via Yahoo to Adamaja456 Send a message via Skype™ to Adamaja456

about 1500 people so far in this thing! Lots and lots of competition

582 Tier Points(Tier 3)
602 AAAs(517+23+62)
People who bought me subscriptions/tokens:
DrugstoreCowboy(1 month) ELRayford(3 months)
~GJampa(3 months) Jerry DB(3 months)
4th place in Gamewhore Competition(3 months)
Phynx(FGJ album and Dendrite V2)
dragon890x(1 year) Slide(1 year)
Old 06-8-2008, 10:44 AM   #791
Breakdown16
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamaja456 View Post
about 1500 people so far in this thing! Lots and lots of competition
Too much competition. Now I really can't get vRofl or anything else...
Old 06-8-2008, 11:18 AM   #792
Sprite-
HAVE ME WITH VODKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsaga View Post
bumping this. ;_;
(I have over 100 plays now.)
I added you to my list. I'll update this one later.
Old 06-8-2008, 11:20 AM   #793
~One~
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ~One~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakdown16 View Post
Too much competition. Now I really can't get vRofl or anything else...
Dont give up on yourself! You can do it!
Old 06-8-2008, 11:25 AM   #794
~Zero~
FFR Veteran
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ~Zero~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~Zero~

Can i join <3

EDIT: just signed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaounlimited View Post
More like Tier ~0~

Last edited by ~Zero~; 06-8-2008 at 11:27 AM..
Old 06-8-2008, 11:51 AM   #795
StepmaniaGod6969
3 Fingers
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to StepmaniaGod6969

Wow, took a break for two months and come back just in time for a tourney!!

Sweet

Old 06-8-2008, 12:08 PM   #796
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GamerShadow

Obviously, all of the excellent players are probably practicing their butts off right now.

It also doesn't help that my finals week is very soon, probably around the time of round 2 or so.
Old 06-8-2008, 01:30 PM   #797
plasma dragon007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to plasma dragon007

finals start on wednesday for me, go through friday and on to monday, my last day of school.

not even practicing tho lol

idc if i win or not, main thing for me would be the cash, maybe the tshirt too. subscription, eh i dont even remember what it does anymore. and i dont remember if we get credits from this one in one of the lower divisions or whatever, but i got enough credits... 19,200 credits O_O

damned if i do, damned if i dont lol ^_^

soneone else mentioned this and i wonder also, how will we know what division we are in? will a list be posted in this topic or on the front page? (or both)?
Old 06-8-2008, 01:51 PM   #798
Nightfirecat
...back from the dead.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Nightfirecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerShadow View Post
Obviously, all of the excellent players are probably practicing their butts off right now.

It also doesn't help that my finals week is very soon, probably around the time of round 2 or so.
Doesn't help that I'm leaving to Michigan in like 3 weeks >.>

[My Profile] | [My Music] | [Play FFR] | [My Photobucket] | [My DeviantArt]

AAAs: 210 (186+7+17)
Best AAAs: Vertex BETA, Fighting for Control, Nova Pulser
Recent AAAs: {Firestorm}, Dazzling Destiny, Hellbeat v2p

2nd place in 3rd Official Tournament
1st place in Jugglin/Jteh's 1st Tournament
Old 06-8-2008, 02:03 PM   #799
Dominewyorican
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Dominewyorican Send a message via MSN to Dominewyorican

A run down of things answered by staff for those who don't want to look through the pages. I only left out the very first post by sprite because its long...and you can just click first page to read it yourself (which you should have done before even posting) and some repetitive stuff....don't be lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
scoring is based upon best score. duh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Generally 8 weeks seems typical for the format and the number of people.

No, that's not correct. The division is one big list of names, and each round everyone submits scores, and are ranked in one giant list. The top X people on that list at the end of the round advance, the bottom Y people on the list are eliminated. There is no direct one-on-one competition.

For at least the first several rounds that will end up a guarenteed pass -anyway- but traditionally yes, a AAA gets you through the round, though Sprite- may well use a tiebreaker on AAAs in later rounds, you'd have to wait for an official statement on that.

Each round of the official tourney tends to get its own stickied thread, and the rounds are going to be posted the same day, same time, each week.

And for everyone trying to predict what division they will be in, many of you are underestimating how high you'll be. Last official tourney I had about 12 AAAs, 100 FCs, and no tier points, and was put into D2 (And there were only 4 divisions at that point) I made it to round 4 before I was soundly eliminated by not even being able to FC my song.
Quote:
YOu will be placed where it is determined you should be placed based on your stats, and the stats of the other people who sign up.

People should stop trying to suggest where they belong, or to insist that their stats don't reflect their skill, or ask us to tell them in advance where they will end up.

The people who will make up D5 can probably all self-identify, or alternatively you could just go look up who is in T0-2 and you'd probably have a pretty good list. Looking at T3-5 could probably get you a reasonable list of the D4 people. The vast swath of D1 people will likely have never or only rarely ever posted on the forum, have probably under 1,500 games played, and likely haven't taken part in any tourney or event before.

Chances are, if you even remember the last tourney, you're looking at D2+

Since you can only protest your division if you want to ask to be moved -upwards- and it's already been made explicit how the division choice is going to go, posting repeatedly about the division you'll be in, or that you think you should be in, is really just postwhoring at this stage.
Quote:
as has been said... 100% new songs... so, no need to worry about old SSs. any scores will be from during the tournament.
Quote:
the tournament is a free-for-all... a certain number of users from the total will advance, based upon their scores. scores get posted in the thread for that round. etc.

in terms of difficulty:
D1: 2 6s, 2 7s, 3 8s, 2 9s, 1 10
D2: 1 7, 4 8s, 3 9s, 2 10s
D3: 2 8s, 4 9s, 3 10s, 1 11
D4: 1 9, 4 10s, 4 11s, 1 12
D5: 1 10, 6 11s, 3 12s

if you compare that to last year, you'll notice that the songs are MUCH harder, across the board. we expect far fewer AAAs of the songs being given across all divisions, especially in the lower ones.
Quote:
to answer the improve main round vs tie breaker question... main round takes precedence. you should always try to improve your main score first. the tie breaker is exactly that, a tie breaker. if 1 person improves their main score, then the 2 people are no longer tied.

and it likely will just be sprite doing the scores.... which, yes, will take a bit of time for the first round or two, with thousands of people submitting. but by week 3 or 4, it will be much faster. you'll deal with it, i'm sure.

it is starting the week of june 9th, as stated in the news post. we don't have an exact date, because we have to take the time to put everyone into their proper division.
Quote:
if you want to unsign up... just don't submit in round 1. it's that simple.

vROFL will be up for grabs in all 5 divisions... the top 8 people will get it. although, if someone in the top 8 already has it, 9th place will NOT get it. so, it is UP TO 8 that will get it, not the top8 who do not already have it. which is why in the front page news story, it says "(up to 40)".

if you already have vROFL, you get to prevent someone else from getting it. that is your prize.
Quote:
We'll be looking at substantially more stats than just AAAs and FCs, and all of it together will determine your division. There aren't fixed requirements, it will depend as much on the abilities of other people who sign up as it will on yours. (If only people worse than you sign up, you'll be in a higher division etc)

Yes, cash prizes will require paypal, T-shirt prizes will require a mailing address. If either of those is unacceptable to you, I'm sure you can work out an alternate arragement.

I imagine if getting everyone sorted into divisions takes 2 days or less, it could start as early as the 10th of June. If it looks like it will take longer, it will take longer. There's no chance of it starting any later than the 15th unless Tass, Sprite- and I all get the flu at the same time or something.

Previous performance isn't going to factor into your division placement. If by stats and apparant skill you're still a beginner, you'd be in the beginner division. If however, you did come in 2nd inbeginner last year and have made any improvements at all, yes, chances are you'll end up bumped up into intermediate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite- View Post
Only the stats you had prior to hitting the signup button will be looked at for the most part. For some people, I will do advanced research of current scores.
Quote:
The song will go into Hip-Hop for convenience. When the next batch of songs get added, the previous ones will be moved to their correct locations.

FC/AAA Count (Non Skill/Regular Token Songs)
: 341/40

Skill Token Count: 68
ATM: Playing SM like crazy to better over all skills

Old 06-8-2008, 02:32 PM   #800
WTFBrandon
Shout out to Hades
FFR Veteran

Should be fun. :]