Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Other Music Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-1-2008, 01:35 AM   #1
t-rogdor
tane orb
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor
Default ITG 2 Questions

So, I Recently found out that a local mall FINALLY Installed an ITG2 machine! So this lead me to alot of questions that i need help answering...

1. Where can i obtain the "Hack" That does not limit the song to 2 minutes?

2. How do i use said "Hack"

3. Where is the best place to get pad files?

4. What is the Vertex^2 unlock code?

5. How are the files ingame?

6. Does the game tollerate Negative BPMs?

7. So, asuming that i'm a decent DDR player (Which i am), Like, always get B's and A's on Heavy charts (With bar) and C's and B's (Without bar); Which ingame files would be best for me
-AND-
What are my odds of passing Vertex^2?

8. How do i obtain a similar hack to the one listed in number 2 that increases the volume?

And Finally:
9. Does the game support Background Images/Movies and/or Background changes?

Thanks for the help guys!
ALSO:
SCORE FOR GETTING AN ITG2 MACHINE ****ING FINALLY!
(Edit: I put spaces inbetween the questions so you can quote me and put answers in bold, thanks)
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
t-rogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2008, 02:29 AM   #2
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: ITG 2 Questions

1. I'll just upload the one I use:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8O1HHULU

2. Double click the .exe and a DOS window should appear on your screen for a second or two and then disappear. This informs you that the program is running. Simply drag and drop the MP3 file over the .exe icon and it will automatically convert it to 120 seconds (2 minutes) as well as .ogg format.

3. Groovestats' Custom Songs section has some pretty good ones. All paddable so you don't have to worry about playing keyboard files or the like, though I suggest downloading files that match your difficulty level. I doubt you'd be able to do a 15 on your first try on pad.
http://www.groovestats.com/index.php?page=customsongs

4. http://www.inthegroove.com/page/Unlock_Codes

5. Overall the files are good (On Expert. I don't play Hard). There are some technical charts that require you to crossover and half-turn several times (e.g. Clockwork Genesis, Oasis, Bloodrush, etc.) as well as songs with multiple hands (e.g. Queen of Light, Twilight, etc.). However I don't really like the songs that don't have an expert chart on singles (e.g. Perfect, Mouth, Don't Promise Me, etc.).

6. I'm pretty sure the machine would implode like it does on Windeu.

7. Specify your difficulty level first and maybe I can be more specific. If you can clear 9s and 10s on DDR, you should be ready for most of the 9s and a few of the easy 10s on ITG. 11s or anything higher are highly unlikely on your first try.

Your chances of passing Vertex˛ on medium or lower is pretty high. On Hard, not likely even though it's pretty much the easiest 11 in the game. On Expert, don't even try.

8. You'll have to use another program to increase a track's volume. I don't recommend that you play extremely loud songs because the speakers on the machines aren't meant to handle intense bass or the like and I'm pretty sure you'd piss off the arcade after awhile.

9. If your machine is hacked, then yes. If not, then it only has the same video background or whatever playing over and over again no matter what song you do (this includes edit songs).

Bonus:
Get a USB Card, create a Groovestats profile and upload your scores to the site:
http://www.groovestats.com/

If you want you can buddy me =]
http://www.groovestats.com/?page=profile&id=5828

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2008, 02:37 AM   #3
t-rogdor
tane orb

Sweet!
thanks!

About the difficulty, i cant get exact Fotters, but i'll put it this way.
*GOING OFF OF DDR SUPERNOVA CHARTS*
I can SDG Hit 'N Slap (Easiest Heavy chart ever, it's not even qualified to be a heavy chart)

*ARCADE WISE*

I was at a movie theater the other day, and they had a machine, so i played it.

I think i got a High A. (like, 9,300,000ish... *Still going by console scoring system*) on Afronova Primevil on Heavy, and then proceded to low AA it on standard (like, 9,600,000ish). I bombed MAX 300 on heavy (Failed... T.T) then rebounded back by A'ing Healing Vision on heavy (Not Healing-D-Vision, the original). Hope that helps with helping me. (lol)

Edit:
Quote:
2. Double click the .exe and a DOS window should appear on your screen for a second or two and then disappear. This informs you that the program is running. Simply drag and drop the MP3 file over the .exe icon and it will automatically convert it to 120 seconds (2 minutes) as well as .ogg format.
So does that mean that it cuts it to 120 seconds, and converts it to .ogg
-OR-
Does that mean that it edits the file to make it APPEAR to be 120 seconds, and converts it to .ogg?
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
Old 06-1-2008, 02:43 AM   #4
Gundam-Dude
`~`

Hmm... Judging from that then, I suggest starting on Hard 8s or 9s on ITG just to get used to the charts and overall the game since both are significantly different. Just to be safe though and not having to waste $1 from failing your first round, stay on medium.

Personally, when I first switched from DDR Extreme to ITG2 last year, I started off with Medium charts and worked my way up. Now, I can clear expert 12s easily and also recently cleared my first 13 =]. Basically, if you keep playing ITG which also gradually increases your stamina, endurance, footwork and FA, you'll get better pretty quickly (atleast from my own experience).

Old 06-1-2008, 02:46 AM   #5
t-rogdor
tane orb

Okay, about the hacked thing.

Judging by the fact it's a reletavly new machine (I think......) There's probably a 1/100 chance it's hacked (Also judging by the fact that it was put in a mall, in the sorta run-down part of town.....and in a mall only the people who live there go to.... imean, hell. they have a fscking Babbages.)
Old 06-1-2008, 02:54 AM   #6
Gundam-Dude
`~`

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor
So does that mean that it cuts it to 120 seconds, and converts it to .ogg
-OR-
Does that mean that it edits the file to make it APPEAR to be 120 seconds, and converts it to .ogg?
It cuts it to 120 seconds and converts it to .ogg. ITG2 dedicabs can only read .ogg formatted song files. (It still plays the entire song's length but it makes it so that the machine or any music playing program reads it as only 120 seconds long. For example, try playing hacked songs on Winamp. It's pretty hilarious since the song's still playing even though supposively the song should've ended at 2:00, lol)

And I'm pretty sure 99% of ITG2 dedicabs that are relatively new aren't hacked (Unless otherwise done by the arcade owners or someone else through via USB keyboard and hacking programs).

Old 06-1-2008, 03:36 AM   #7
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to travman301

Actually, my machine handles negative BPM's just fine.

It's hacked, but I don't think that it would make much of a difference.

You should give it a try.
travman301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2008, 03:45 AM   #8
t-rogdor
tane orb

Waitaminute...

Gundam-Dude.

Define "Implode on me". Like, what would it do?
Old 06-1-2008, 03:51 AM   #9
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

He's probably talking about when stepmania or the computer just flat out has a seizure and dies.

But, I can tell you from experience; songs like TSUHSUIXAMUSH and TSUPSEUDOGAMUSH both have negative BPM's. They both work just fine when I play them. Every time a teal colored arrow pops up the arrows just change. It's pretty cool.

Edit: Oh you can find both those songs on groovestats btw.
Old 06-1-2008, 03:37 PM   #10
Gundam-Dude
`~`

Well, I've never actually tried playing any songs with negative BPMs on any ITG2 Dedicab so I wouldn't know. By implode, I implied that the machine might crash or something during gameplay but after watching people play TSUHSUIXAMUSH and TSUPSEUDOGAMUSH on YouTube, I've confirmed that the machines can indeed handle negative BPMs.

Old 06-1-2008, 04:25 PM   #11
DayMan951
yfwdbwdsb
FFR Veteran

I'm really glad you made this thread, cus I have some questions too. I recently found a place that has an ITG2 machine too. It's an r21 and custom songs are enabled. I was wondering what are the steps to adding custom songs. All I know is I need a usb card.
Old 06-1-2008, 04:41 PM   #12
Tired_Old_Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tired_Old_Man Send a message via MSN to Tired_Old_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayMan951 View Post
I'm really glad you made this thread, cus I have some questions too. I recently found a place that has an ITG2 machine too. It's an r21 and custom songs are enabled. I was wondering what are the steps to adding custom songs. All I know is I need a usb card.
Once you play a round with the card in the machine it makes a save file on it, then you just plug it in your comp. open the inthegroove folder, open the songs folder and drag simfiles whatever you want from your computer into it.

Also I'd check http://r21freak.com for cool files for ITG.
Old 06-1-2008, 05:05 PM   #13
DayMan951
yfwdbwdsb
FFR Veteran

Thank you. Now all I need is a usb card. Any particular files you would suggest? I've only played itg a few times so I'm pretty bad so nothing too hard.
Old 06-1-2008, 05:08 PM   #14
btski
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Anything from r21freak, or even groovestats is good. As for the negative beats, Any machine can handle it, Im a expert at machine hacks ect ect, I even own a Dedi Cab.
btski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2008, 06:03 PM   #15
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by btski View Post
Anything from r21freak, or even groovestats is good. As for the negative beats, Any machine can handle it, Im a expert at machine hacks ect ect, I even own a Dedi Cab.
Lucky...

And as for simfiles I super reccomend groovestats. I personally don't like the BPM gimmicks they use at R21freak, but thats just me.

If anyone wants some files, just PM me and I'll tell you what I have.

Oh, theres also a lot of good stuff at benamistyle but you really have to know what you are looking for because there's lots of crap too.
Old 06-3-2008, 09:59 AM   #16
t-rogdor
tane orb

Another quick question:
When i put it on the Flash Drive, do i put just song file folders in, or do i have to put all the song file folders in another folder and put THAT in the Flash Drive?

SO, would it look like:

-songhere (stepfileartist)
-Songhere (Anotherperson)
-Songlol (PERSON)
etc. etc.

or
-New Files
(and if you opened it, it would have the files in it.)
?
Old 06-3-2008, 02:06 PM   #17
DayMan951
yfwdbwdsb
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
Another quick question:
When i put it on the Flash Drive, do i put just song file folders in, or do i have to put all the song file folders in another folder and put THAT in the Flash Drive?

SO, would it look like:

-songhere (stepfileartist)
-Songhere (Anotherperson)
-Songlol (PERSON)
etc. etc.

or
-New Files
(and if you opened it, it would have the files in it.)
?
http://www.stepmania.com/wiki/Custom...roove_2_Arcade
Old 06-3-2008, 02:34 PM   #18
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

Yeah, also when you put the card into the game it automatically creates the folders for you.

Then you just put the song folders into the folder labeled songs.
Old 06-3-2008, 05:33 PM   #19
Gundam-Dude
`~`

Example:

lol most of my songs are from the TPP.

Old 06-3-2008, 08:53 PM   #20
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

Negative BPM's work.

If you're only A'ing stuff like Angelic Vision and failing MAX300, you won't be able to do most 11's, and a good majority of the 10's. Stick with expert 9's and hard 6-9's.

You won't pass V^2 on anything higher than Medium.

Everything else has been covered.