Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-9-2008, 10:56 AM   #21
I_hate_arrays
FFR Player

Default Re: Avmiss public release

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawg4321 View Post
i don't want to pay for something that fixes a glitch.
Fix'd.
Paying for the extra features is fine and makes sense, but paying for something that makes the game run correctly is just silly.
Old 04-9-2008, 11:09 AM   #22
Sprite-
HAVE ME WITH VODKA
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_hate_arrays View Post
Fix'd.
Paying for the extra features is fine and makes sense, but paying for something that makes the game run correctly is just silly.
How is it "correct"? You're comparing it to games like Stepmania. Maybe FFR was supposed to be different from Stepmania. So you are only using the term "correctly" in relation to other arrow games. Just because Stepmania doesn't give average misses doesn't mean FFR shouldn't. They are two totally different games, or at least were -_-
Old 04-9-2008, 11:13 AM   #23
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite- View Post
How is it "correct"? You're comparing it to games like Stepmania. Maybe FFR was supposed to be different from Stepmania. So you are only using the term "correctly" in relation to other arrow games. Just because Stepmania doesn't give average misses doesn't mean FFR shouldn't. They are two totally different games, or at least were -_-
Average-misses are a game glitch that ruins your ability to play many songs. FFR is supposed to enable you to play songs correctly; otherwise, it would be busted. Average-misses are a glitch; therefore it messes up your ability to play properly, and thus the game does not completely run as intended, making the game run "incorrectly", even if the game technically still "works".

But yeah I agree, we shouldn't have to pay for a fix to a critical game glitch (or at least I consider it critical).

~Bynary Fission

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen

Last edited by Bynary Fission; 04-9-2008 at 11:14 AM.. Reason: Fixed a grammatical issue.
Old 04-9-2008, 11:19 AM   #24
Sprite-
HAVE ME WITH VODKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynary Fission View Post
Average-misses are a game glitch that ruins your ability to play many songs. FFR is supposed to enable you to play songs correctly; otherwise, it would be busted. Average-misses are a glitch; therefore it messes up your ability to play properly, and thus the game does not completely run as intended, making the game run "incorrectly", even if the game technically still "works".

But yeah I agree, we shouldn't have to pay for a fix to a critical game glitch (or at least I consider it critical).

~Bynary Fission
Maybe Synth wanted the glitch to make it different from Stepmania. You don't know... Maybe it was the way the game was supposed to run until people complained uncontrollably about it :P
Old 04-9-2008, 11:22 AM   #25
RoastedNoob
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Yeah, but avmiss was one amazing glitch. It added so much to the game. I use to love, love, love passing through without getting avmisses on framers. It felt so good. Now I feel nothing. It's just emptiness when I jack. :[ Oh, well. I've gotten use to not having them as much as I hated losing them. Sorry, guys. lol

Anyone who played Melee/S64, I think avmisses can be easily compared to l-cancelling. It was a skill you had to master in order to reach the next level of gameplay. It was an aspect you had to forcibly think about until it became habit, and that was how you became an "FFR pro." With that dimension gone, the game became a lot easier, and a lot more similar to StepMania, which a lot of people may dislike, but that's how it was intended to be. Similar to wavedashing in Melee. The players grew to love it, but people complained. It's a glitch! Blah, blah. Not that I didn't complain when I would get an avmiss, in my head anyway.. but I still loved them. Then Brawl(Third Style) comes along, and the creators took out the glitch they did not intend to have. Many people were sad, many were happy. Anyway, I'm just relating the two. Avmiss = FFR's advanced technique.

- FFR's First and Only CCC -

Last edited by RoastedNoob; 04-9-2008 at 11:39 AM..
Old 04-9-2008, 11:29 AM   #26
Sprite-
HAVE ME WITH VODKA

I agree 100% with you. I liked them too.
Old 04-9-2008, 11:43 AM   #27
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Well you two are right, I've AAA'ed/FC'ed several songs with jacks, and man does it feel good to do so. But I get so many average misses that they screw my combos on songs like CIA Rave, AIM Anthem, etc. Average-misses are so detrimental that I wouldn't say it's worth it...especially since I miss jacks so much more than I hit them...

~Bynary Fission

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen
Old 04-9-2008, 11:46 AM   #28
Gilly G
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
But I get so many average misses that they screw my combos on songs like CIA Rave
CIA Rave has jacks? Doesn't it have 5-framers? =.= Or 6? xD
Old 04-9-2008, 11:46 AM   #29
RoastedNoob
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Not to mention being able to have awesome songs like Electro Rush x8 v2 now. I love that song.

- FFR's First and Only CCC -
Old 04-9-2008, 11:48 AM   #30
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly G View Post
CIA Rave has jacks? Doesn't it have 5-framers? =.= Or 6? xD
Yeah, but I had a 339 combo, and an average-miss killed it...and I did it one-handed too. You have no idea what it feels like to get such a huge combo on a song like that then lose it to an average miss. However, I don't see how I'd get one, but I did.

~Bynary Fission

Old 04-9-2008, 11:51 AM   #31
Gilly G
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Avmisses were cool. They're like the next level of FFR.

Since we can only get perfect on 3 different frames, and with 4-framers, 2 frames only, it added an extra difficulty because you need better accuracy.

Of course songs like Death Piano with avmisses can be suicidal, but hey, it's just the extra difficulty. The next level of FFR.
Old 04-9-2008, 01:29 PM   #32
XUioX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to XUioX

avmisses are NOT cool. because it messes up your ability to play the song correctly. im pretty sure when ffr was made, they werent planning on having the avmiss glitch. they just went along with it. i think game glitches should be fixed for the public, not for people who pay for it. subbyers deserve extra features, not a better, easier way to play. its just the way games like these are supposed to be. im surprised it took this long for anyone to try and fix it. besides, when this is finally done, we can all be happier. we could enjoy ffr better, knowing its a fair game now
Old 04-9-2008, 01:39 PM   #33
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax

Subscribers are just testing incomplete features, guys.
Old 04-9-2008, 01:41 PM   #34
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

1/ Anybody who subscribed before avmisses were fixed knows better than to think that subscription is for the avmiss fix. You get MORE than enough features simply as a basic subscriber regardless of access to the beta. All the people who subscribed for the fix, and are now whining about subs not being worth it once the fix goes public need to think hard about why it is worth it to support with a small amount of money, a company bringing an awesome game to 1.5 million people for FREE.

2/ Anybody who is even THINKING of implying that the release of the fix is being delayed as a cash grab to make people subscribe, frankly I'm not sure I want you around here anymore. Have you seen nothing in the past 5 years? These guys are some of the hardest working and dedicated admin for any game I've ever seen. The benefit for subscribers is that we get to play buggy broken systems with attempted fixes that make our scores get wiped until they can make it workable. I don't see why anybody should have to aplogise to you for making sure that the fixes work properly and how they should before they get released. New issues pop up all the time, they have a very limited number of man-hours available, and if the person working on something gets sidetracked by some pressing issue, it just happens.

3/ "We hope to have this ready for public release by the end of the FGO/FMO event" does not constitute an ironclad agreement with a fixed date and time. It's a hope that says "if things look like they're working properly" Did it ever occur to anybody to look into how the fix works? If its playing around with timing windows and so forth, maybe it worked for the existing songs, and once the FMO/FGO event happened, and the game got songs MUCH harder and much more full of jacks as well as hands/quads, maybe the system needed further adjusting? Did anybody ask? No they just started complaining.

4/ Avmisses were an inevitable function of how the game worked in conjunction with the framerate. What makes you think that people weren't trying to think of a way to fix it all this time? Someone isn't allowed to have a breakthrough? It had to be obvious and ignored right from day 1?

Seriously guys, you need to learn a little patience. Delays happen, things take longer than they were supposed to, unexpected other problems crop up that need attention. It's being worked on, it will be released when it can be.

Deep breaths everyone.
Old 04-9-2008, 01:53 PM   #35
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Network Security Analyst
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR Send a message via MSN to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite- View Post
I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you.
I actually have no idea.
Well, I've had a good run... I'll take you up on that deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
Please be patient. The plane will be ready for take-off shortly. We just have a few more minor maintenance issues to go over.
Please don't tell me that someone broke the little door. Those things take hours to fix. Let it be something like not fully fueled or something little like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdarkness
I'm light f**king darkness
Old 04-9-2008, 02:17 PM   #36
XUioX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to XUioX

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
3/ "We hope to have this ready for public release by the end of the FGO/FMO event" does not constitute an ironclad agreement with a fixed date and time. It's a hope that says "if things look like they're working properly" Did it ever occur to anybody to look into how the fix works? If its playing around with timing windows and so forth, maybe it worked for the existing songs, and once the FMO/FGO event happened, and the game got songs MUCH harder and much more full of jacks as well as hands/quads, maybe the system needed further adjusting? Did anybody ask? No they just started complaining.
your not totally wrong.. but also tass DID say "Unfortunately, we aren’t able to release it just yet… but it will be out before the event is over!"
If he wasnt exactly sure about when it would be fixed.. he shouldnt have lifted everyones hopes up by saying that. of course it would cause people like us to complain. perhaps if he said it differently people wouldnt be hoping for it right away.
Old 04-9-2008, 07:07 PM   #37
ninjaKIWI
plain old ugly ass dumbas
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ninjaKIWI

I've been meaning to post a thread for this, but, I've always thought about maybe making Av-misses a mod, like dizzy or Tornado.

And guys, just give it time, you should be happy that they're fixed, and will be eventually coming out. Be patient.
"Hey Foil. What's that you got there?" inquired Keywii.
"Oh, just my cock." Replied Foil.
"That just will not do." was keywii's response as she lunged for the scissors, pulled the blades apart, and clamped them down on the base of foil's shaft. Blood start gushing out of the wound where his penis used to be.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Yelled Foil in horror.
"Don't worry. I'm a wizard" uttered Keywii. And with that, Foil's penis grew back.
Old 04-9-2008, 07:32 PM   #38
s0ulst0n3
<SPACE FOR RENT>
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via AIM to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via MSN to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via Yahoo to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via Skype™ to s0ulst0n3

Quote:
Yeah, but I had a 339 combo, and an average-miss killed it...and I did it one-handed too. You have no idea what it feels like to get such a huge combo on a song like that then lose it to an average miss. However, I don't see how I'd get one, but I did.

~Bynary Fission
I'm pretty sure you can't average-miss in CIA Rave, you probably didn't push down the key hard enough or something.

I never liked the auto-fail, speed mods, or average miss fix idea. Kinda ruined FFR and made it easy.

Okay, I admit it. I love auto-fail. BUT THAT'S ALL!
Old 04-9-2008, 07:53 PM   #39
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUioX View Post
your not totally wrong.. but also tass DID say "Unfortunately, we aren’t able to release it just yet… but it will be out before the event is over!"
If he wasnt exactly sure about when it would be fixed.. he shouldnt have lifted everyones hopes up by saying that. of course it would cause people like us to complain. perhaps if he said it differently people wouldnt be hoping for it right away.
People would complain no matter what someone said.

And the reason we never get an actual answer is because when something goes wrong, people complain about it. If they claimed that the beta will become public tomorrow, and some code messes up. Your post is a prime example of this. They have hundreds of users griping at them constantly. They have to close hundreds of threads, check messages, etc...

Waiting is the best option right now... :P
Old 04-9-2008, 07:55 PM   #40
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Bluearrowll Send a message via MSN to Bluearrowll

Anyone else notice a pattern that the subscribers aren't happy about the avmiss fix and the non-subscribers can't wait for it? At least that's what I'm getting from this topic.
5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

FMO AAA Count: 71
FGO AAA Count: 10

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
PS: Cool AAA's Terry
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Closed Thread